Start by marking “The Demon World (The Smoke Thieves, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Demon World (The Smoke Thieves, #2)

The Demon World

(The Smoke Thieves #2)

The epic, magical saga of royalty, romance, and violence continues.

A princess. A soldier. A servant. A demon hunter. A thief. When we last saw them, this unlikely group was heading into the Northern Territory of the kingdom of Pitoria, on the run from the sadistic and power-hungry King Aloysius of Brigant. The Smoke Thieves have discovered that demon smoke is not only an
Published August 6th 2019 by Viking Books for Young Readers (first published August 1st 2019)

To ask other readers questions about The Demon World, please sign up.

Start your review of The Demon World (The Smoke Thieves, #2)
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
Well, this and the first book are going in the trade in box. I was loving it, then just tired of stuff.

Im glad some of you did enjoy it.

Mel 🖤🐶🐺🐾
Umairah | Sereadipity
The Demon World was the gripping sequel to The Smoke Thieves, bursting with political intrigue, love and divided loyalty. In some ways it was better then the first book, in some ways it was not, but overall I enjoyed it very much.

Plot: 4/5
Characters: 4/5
Writing: 4/5

Just like The Smoke Thieves, this book had five main point of view characters: Catherine, Ambrose, Tash, Edyon and March. Tszayn also got one point of view chapter and it was really interesting to get into his head for once. I think
Chloe
THAT ENDING IS BRUTAL JESUS CHRIST

I can't fucking wait for the next book!!
With Prince Tzsayn captured by the Catherine's family Catherine, Ambrose, Tash, Edyon and March all find themselves fleeing for their lives and as the Brigantine army closes in they're forced into making desperate decisions in order to survive. As the group ends up separated once more they all have different paths to follow that are equally fraught with danger.

Sometimes the second book in a trilogy suffers from second book syndrome and ends up falling a little flat compared to the first but that
Martina Krausová
I'm SO done with this book. A big disappointment. It's like Sally Green died and they called D&D for the rescue.
Beth
Im conflicted! I love so many characters (minus one main character) and I think just because of that and their actions throughout I just found so off putting...

Hopefully when Im home tomorrow I can try and add to this, I still absolutely love it, and Tashs Chapters really stole the show for me!
---------

The Smoke Thieves - 5 Stars
The Demon World - 4 Stars
Emma
Jan 21, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
From some reviews I was expecting not to like this, but I did! All the characters we met before are still having a hard time. Catherine shows herself to be one smart cookie but is also developing a purple smoke habit. We learn more about the demons and their link with the Brigantine soldiers.
Zoë ☆
Aug 06, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I DIDNT KNOW THE SEQUEL WAS ALREADY OUT AHHHHH ...more
Maddie
Sep 18, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book I definitely didn't find as good as #1. It started off great, with a POV of a character I love, but it turns out we only get that POV once. It was jarring to me. I didn't like the whole jealousy plot, it always irks me. And the way everyone accepts Catherine, and those who don't she wins over. I definitely did grow on the parts in the demon world, but even that started to bore me. I wasn't connected with any of these characters, it just had a different feel to #1. I will still read #3, ...more
Monogamist
Jul 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My heart is broken big time. The ending left me in a massive hangover and I need book three right now.
Leigh
Nov 22, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019
This is the second book of a series,the first book is called The Smoke ThIeves.

Scattered by the tides of war, Princess Catherine leads a ragtag band of survivors into the barren wasteland of the Northern Plateau.

With enemies snapping at their heels, they are driven into the strange and deadly tunnels of the demon world. But while Tash dares to go deeper, Catherine must return to the surface to confront a nation in turmoil - and her growing love for Ambrose. On the run from the law, Edyon and
Karoline Andrew
Lucy
Six of Crows meets Game of Thrones in this spell-binding epic fantasy series. For my review of book one of the series, click here.

In the final few chapters of The Smoke Thieves Catherine, Ambrose, Tash, March and Edyon managed to come together to help one another. But now, war, demons and deceit threaten to tear them apart as they flee the Brigantine army. Split up once again, Tash traverses the dangerous tunnels of the demon world while Catherine and Ambrose attempt to prove their loyalty to
Ashleigh
Sep 19, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: buddy-read
IT CAN'T END LIKE THAT

So we all know that the second book in a trilogy can be a bit of a slump, and we've all read books that just don't live up to the first book. I was not expecting this book to be like that :(

The ending of the first book made me instantly want to pick up this one. The Smoke Thieves was a bit slow getting off the mark, building up the story and the characters and at the end of that, I was like yessss, now shit is about to go down. Imagine my surprise that almost nothing
Karen Barber
Aug 24, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Things are not going well. The Prince is being held captive, war has come to the area and the plans that King Aloysius has for the purple demon smoke are discovered.
Our group are quickly under attack and end up separated. Boundaries and relationships are tested as they attempt to work out the best way forward.
Catherine finds her way to what should be safe territory, and ends up having to fight against people who are determined to have their own way even if its not for the good of the country.
Samantha
Nov 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A fun folllow-up to The Smoke Thieves.

I could have done with less schlocky relationship angst, but otherwise the plot continues to be clever and compelling. And you guys...just wait til you meet Twist.
Alysa H.
Aug 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lava-2019
One of the rare sequels thats just as good as the first, and perhaps even a little better! ...more
Liliana
Mar 19, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Can we get more Tzsayn and less Ambrose please?
thewoollygeek (tea, cake, crochet & books)
I absolutely adored the first book, and I was not disappointed in any way this the second. Sally is an amazing writer, pulling you straight back into her world from the first page, its like Id never left. I have a gigantic hole in my life now with that ending, I need book three yesterday. If you loved the smoke thieves you will love this, no spoilers but its another emotional ride, one you will have late nights with not wanting to put the book down and its well worth the trauma. Wonderful and ...more
Lucy May-Coulson
Dec 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Annie Woods
Feb 07, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Demon World is the sequel to the wonderful, adorable and adventurous The Smoke Thieves by Sally Green.

Just like in The Smoke Thieves, this book has five main POV characters: Catherine, Ambrose, Tash, Edyon and March. In the first book I thought all of the POVs were a little too much at first, but now that you know all the characters better it was no problem at all.

The writing, the characters and the plot was really good this time around as well and there was a lot of action going on.
Maggie
Aug 14, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Susan
Aug 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Demon World picks up right where Smoke Thieves leaves off. Each character having suffered tremendous loss or the uncertainty of possible loss, while still harbouring secrets of their own.

Full review at novellives.com Spoilers for Smoke Thieves Only

Nikki
Dec 29, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed the first book, and the first half of this led me to believe this was as good. Sadly, it was let down by the second half where really only stash was consistently excellent as a character. Ambrose in particular was a massive idiot and I want to push him into a river. Or a demon hole.
Janet Johnson
Jan 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I wanna cry!!!! Why that ending to the second book!!! Now I have to wait for the third!! Noooooo.... yet again Salley Green has captivated me!! So much going on at once. More betrayal, love and heartache. And the demon smoke( kinda reminds me of our world drugs). Imagine having that much power after inhaling it. Love the story plot!!! Come on book 3!!
Evelyn
Actual rating: 3.5 stars

Full review: http://evelynreads.com/the-demon-worl...
Alix S.
Sep 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I need the next book right now! This sequel was exactly what I needed it to be. It took all the world building and character introduction in the first book and then used it to push the plot into new and exciting territories. I loved all we learned about the demons and their culture in this book and how the characters stories developed. Catherine still remained my favorite despite her trials this book but I also really enjoyed the direction Tashs plot went into. Ambrose and me remain in bad terms ...more
Ashley
2.5 stars. Sad to say but this was all around boring.

My same criticism from book 1 carries over into this one: it doesnt need 5 POV chapters! Especially because these characters are together most of the time. It makes a lot of the chapters redundant.

Also, Id like to officially beg the author to end this faux love triangle. Its painful to read about. Ambrose spends all his time pining for Catherine when he has more chemistry with Tanya.

I didnt really connect to any of the characters and towards
Jess Twibey
Aug 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Infinity Son (Infinity Cycle, #1)
  • Kingdom of Souls (Kingdom of Souls, #1)
  • Zmizení Sáry Lindertové
  • Černooká
  • There Will Come a Darkness (The Age of Darkness, #1)
  • Viper (Isles of Storm and Sorrow #1)
  • The Beholder (The Beholder, #1)
  • Bloodleaf (Bloodleaf, #1)
  • Meat Market
  • iPohádka
  • A River of Royal Blood (A River of Royal Blood, #1)
  • Vow of Thieves (Dance of Thieves, #2)
  • Supernova (Light Years #2)
  • Dark Blade
  • The Sky Weaver (Iskari, #3)
  • Lady Smoke (Ash Princess Trilogy, #2)
  • Vrány
  • El Señor del Sabbath (La nación de las bestias #1)
Hi - I'm Sally Green. I'm the author of the real-world/ fantasy Half Bad Trilogy, which is made up of Half Bad, Half Wild and Half Lost. Most people read them in that order but there's always a few who don't. Many people who read them are teenagers but there's a lot who aren't.

I'm currently working on a new series called The Smoke Thieves, which is due to be published in spring 2018 and is

The Smoke Thieves (3 books)
  • The Smoke Thieves (The Smoke Thieves, #1)
  • The Burning Kingdoms (The Smoke Thieves, #3)