Start by marking “Scorpion Down (Dan Roy, #7)” as Want to Read:
Scorpion Down (Dan Roy, #7)

Scorpion Down

(Dan Roy #7)

They tortured her. Left her for her dead. That was their first mistake.
But they didn't know what she was fighting for. That was their second mistake.
The Scorpion doesn't give a third chance.

Revenge runs in her blood like fire. There will be no reprieve.

A brutal conspiracy looms, stretching from the Middle East, Russia, to the heart of the American intelligence. The enemy i
Published September 14th 2018

Start your review of Scorpion Down (Dan Roy, #7)
Aiden Bailey
Sep 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Here is a great novel in Mick Bose's Dan Roy espionage thriller series. This one takes place in Russia and Italy focused on an Islamic terrorism plot to bring down the Vatican. But what is really interesting about this novel are the two lead women.

The first is Natasha, aka the Scorpion and a highly proficient assassin working for a Russian criminal gang in Sardinia. The second is Melania Stone, an agent with the CIA whose mission, both personal and professional, is to hunt down and impart justi
Kenneth Lingenfelter
Sep 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Dan and his nemesis, the Scorpion, actually find they are on the same side in this thriller. A planned attack on the Vatican. Roy and Melania have to get into the Vatican to stop this attack, but no one will believe this is going to happen so they have to get in by whatever means they can.
Grace J Reviewerlady
Sep 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Straight into the action from the first page .. welcome back Dan Roy!

For once, we find Dan back in his home town, living a peaceful life. The action is happening over in Europe where we meet his old adversary, The Scorpion, and once again she's involved in some murky dealings. Enter Melania Stone, a dedicated CIA agent and very much on the side of law and order. Melania is a well-respected officer, driven by something in her past - but what? When Dan's old boss McBride makes contact, will the in
Bev
Dec 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Action, Adventure and a strong storyline

This is Mick Bose’s 7 th Dan Roy book, and once again it doesn’t disappoint. When the government agencies employ Dan Roy to work alongside a CIA operative against Russian forces the story is going to get stormy!
This book touches upon human trafficking, and plots to change the world forever. An elaborate plot following Dan as he sets off for Sardinia in order to track down an ex Russian operative with an amazing track record, a name which brings fear to gr
dennis barron
Jun 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Scorpion Down. Mick Bose

A young Russian girl. Kidnapped by brutal Russian slave traders. Now an assassin for them. She has no equals. The same girls sister has taken by the Russians, but rescued by an American CIA officer. The man is actually the father of both of the sisters. The one named Melanie becomes a CIA agent like her father. The assassin code named the Scorpion is initially hired to kill Dan Roy. But as fate turns out, they become lovers. Now the two sisters and Dan Roy are in Sardinia
lindel
Aug 24, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another reviting page turner

The second Scorpion book did not disappoint. Absolutely love M. Bose books. He tells deeply engaging stories with complex characters and deals with very uncomfortable subject matters in a respectful way. Add to the mix is strong, highly intelligent and competent female characters that are central to the story. Kudos for that! The only thing I cannot forgive is identifying a place called The Bimini Big Game Club in two separate places in the book and insinuate that it
Pete
Sep 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is definitely the best of the Dan Roy books to date, it was great to have him come up against his old adversary/lover (yes both) again in this complex, satisfying and yes exciting thriller.
We learn new things about both Dan and the Scorpion and how they got to where they are now. Even though this book does refer back to earlier books in the series it works extremely well as a stand-alone read.
I received an advance copy and have voluntarily written this review.
Laura R
Sep 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The latest Dan Roy book brings him back in contact with Scorpion, but are they working together or against each other? This is another fast paced thriller that keeps you guessing as to who is pulling the strings to get the Scorpion to do their bidding, who is behind the attack on the Vatican and why, and what is Melania's story? Once you start reading this book, you won't want to put it down. Hopefully we will see more of Scorpion in future books. ...more
Nancy Silk
Dec 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"This Is One Boiling Thriller"

A young female has been tortured and left for dead. But she's not dead and she matures to become a deadly, fierce killer. There's a conspiracy looming from the Middle East and Russia against the U.S. Agent Dan Roy takes on the battle with a woman agent and they must face the vicious woman called the 'Scorpion.' The novel is fast-paced, stunning and gripping. A story I could not put down.
Carol Butler
Sep 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Scorpion Down starts in Russia and ends at the Vatican. A truly action-packed thriller, this is another Dan Roy thriller but there's more especially where there are 2 strong women who will stop at nothing if they think they are right. Such an unusual ending a must for people that like action intrigue and strong bold characters. ...more
Jay Williams
Sep 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excitement and Emotion

Dan Roy continues his struggles with the Scorpion as he is drawn into a plot involving human trafficking to finance an incredible terrorist attack. A lot of violence in the beginning that resolves into a cat and mouse game. Suspense all the way through and a big surprise at the end.
R Ricalde
Sep 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fast paced , enjoyable, fun read. First Dan Roy book I've read and thoroughly enjoyed it. Personally familiar with a few of the locations that Dan Roy and Scorpion found themselves in and its obvious that the author did his research. Really good plot with a couple of twists that came out of the blue.
Will definitely look forward to the next chapter in this saga.
Pat
Oct 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great Series

The series gets better and better! Another page turner from Mick Bose. A Dan Roy thriller with lots of action twists and turns. The story begins with children smuggling of children. Explosice when the Scorpion and Dan Roy mingle again. Grab this one, highly recommend.
Kim L Moeller
Oct 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An Outstanding Read!

The pace of this thriller is outstanding. I not only recommend this book but any others Mick Bose writes! His primary character comes off as real with human doubts and feelings and even allows primary action parts to female heroines. Outstanding tensions between the Scorpion, Melania, and Dan Roy. Full of surprising twists and turns. Highly recommended.
ronald c. greenberg
Love this book

All of this series would be 5 start if not for the spelling and wrong words. Drives me nuts. With the talent this author has it’s unfortunate he doesn’t have his works proofed. I find at least 50 per book. But I LOVE the stories and characters so I keep reading them.
Charyl Greenia
Dec 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic!

I'm not even sure why I started reading the Dan Roy series, because it is not the type of book I generally read. But, I am glad I did. These books have kept me up nights reading, I just couldn't put them down. I will be reading every book by Mick Bose from now on. Truly an engaging series.
phyllis roberts
Sep 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing author. Have thoroughly enjoyed this Dan Roy series. Every book has been thrilling.

Highly recommend all books in this series. Kept me activated. Suspense in every chapter. Intriguing from beginning to very last sentence.
Susie Dokos
Oct 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well worth the time.

Charaters are well developed. Which not always the case. This is the first one in the series that I have read. Got though a special via Goodreads. Will now start from the beginning.
Alex H.
Nov 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Gripping

This is the only book in the series that I’ve read. It is suspenseful keeps you wanting more. Still able to understand the story without having to read the first 6 books in the series.
Gary
May 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great story

This is one of the best books in the series. Read them in order and this one ties together to make a great story with a lot of possibly for the next book. It is fast paced and will keep you guessing until the end. Very good story line and a great book.
Willie R. Heard
Sep 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Scorpion Down/Dan Roy Excitement and action from beginning to the end. I go finished this book in one sitting. Waiting for the next book with Bates breath.
Roy Lees
Oct 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
BRILLIANT

Well written with lot's of twists and turns to keep you on edge and guessing what's going to happen next, and a great ending. Is this the last Dan Roy? I hope not!
J Weisbrod
Oct 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great series of books

I enjoyed this fast paced, thriller, mystery adventure series of books. Hopefully, there will be more books in the series.
Tom Welsh
Nov 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Scorpion down is hard to put down

The latest Dan Roy thriller is just that, lots of action and suspense. Once I started reading the action just keeps getting better and better
Irene M Kennedy
Nov 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mike keeps writing, I keep reading

I've enjoyed the entire Dan Roy series. What I like most is that the characters and the story are believable and easy to follow
Sidney Bailey
Nov 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A very good D read.

Good action; plot was well developed; characters were interesting and evenly used throughout the book. I thoroughly enjoyed this book.
Derek
Dec 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Scorpion down No way Unputdownable

Well written absolutely readable with a brilliant twist to the tale now is Sergei still in the mix we await the answer
Joyce Clark
Mar 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Living this series

Good read with twists and turns. On to book 8 and more Dan Roy and
hopefully a reunion of love .
George Ingalls
Mar 09, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good read! I was caught right from the start.

Fast and enjoyable. A lot of action, which keeps you reading. If you like action this is for you. Can't wait for the next
Gary A Conrad
Mar 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent read

Highly recommend this book. Love the continuous suspense and continuous action involving the characters throughout the whole book. Highly recommended

• The Amazon Job (Case Lee #4)
  • The Caribbean Job (Case Lee #3)
  • The New Guinea Job (Case Lee #2)
  • Dead of Night (Harry Bauer Thriller #1)
  • The Einstaat Brief (Harry Bauer Thriller #3)
  • The Hawaii Job (Case Lee #5)
  • Dying Breath (Harry Bauer Thriller #2)
  • The Suriname Job (Case Lee #1)
  • Jack Hunter: Origin Story (Jack Hunter #0.5)
  • Weapons (King & Slater #1)
  • Lynx (Will Slater #4)
  • Flash Point (Jason Trapp, #3)
  • The Orcas Island Job (Case Lee #6)
  • Pursuit of Justice (Nick Lawrence #2)
  • Headshot (Jack Hunter #1)
  • Depth Charge (Jason Trapp #4)
  • Hawk (Will Slater #6)
  • Caged Animal (Noah Wolf #15)

Dan Roy (9 books)
  • Hidden Agenda (Dan Roy, #1)
  • Dark Water (Dan Roy, #2)
  • The Tonkin Protocol (Dan Roy, #3)
  • Shanghai Tang (Dan Roy, #4)
  • Scorpion Rising (Dan Roy, #5)
  • Deep Deception (Dan Roy, #6)
  • Code Zero (Dan Roy, #8)
  • Scorpion Sting (Dan Roy, #9)

News & Interviews