Start by marking “The Unrepentant” as Want to Read:
The Unrepentant

The Unrepentant

They never expected her to fight back...

Eighteen-year old Charlotte Reyes ran away from an abusive home only to end up tricked, kidnapped, and taken across the country by criminals. Charlotte manages to escape with the help of a reluctant former soldier named Mace Peterson, but she can't seem to shake the gang or the crooked cop paid to bring her back--alive or otherwise.
Published March 4th 2019 by Down & Out Books

To ask other readers questions about The Unrepentant, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Unrepentant

Col
Mar 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019, a
Synopsis/blurb.....

They never expected her to fight back…

Eighteen-year old Charlotte Reyes ran away from an abusive home only to end up tricked, kidnapped, and taken across the country by criminals. Charlotte manages to escape with the help of a reluctant former soldier named Mace Peterson, but she can’t seem to shake the gang or the crooked cop paid to bring her back—alive or otherwise. With nowhere to run and nowhere to hide, Charlotte realizes she only has one option. She has to fight.

Set i
Lou
Mar 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Unrepentant is E.A. Aymar's first standalone thriller and is both a timely and timeless tale of courage, revenge and fighting for your life when all hope seems lost. It follows a truly gutsy protagonist, Charlotte Reyes and her reluctant rescuer, Mace Peterson, as they attempt to flee from a criminal gang. It's a dark, disturbing and unsettling read and is full of gripping action from start to finish. I particularly enjoyed Aymar's signature dry wit which accompanies the narrative and gives ...more
Tara
Apr 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Whoa. This book starts at 100 mph and never slows down. It's both brutal and touching, unflinching in its depiction of the horrors and trauma of sex trafficking and violence but never losing sight of humanity. These characters and their situations will haunt me for a long time. TRIGGER WARNINGS for sexual content, rape, and extreme violence.
Scott Cumming
Feb 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I've always been impressed with E.A. (Ed) Aymar's short fiction that I have found around the web at sites such as Shotgun Honey and Yellow Mama, so there were hopes that this would be a great read and so it turned out to be.

Mace is out walking trying to clear his head following an argument with his ex-wife when he comes across two men dragging a tied and bound woman from a van in a nearby wood. Mace decides to do the right thing and tackles the man left with Charlotte. It's thereafter he doesn't
J.J. Hensley
Apr 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is one of those books you read and can tell the a uthor poured his heart into the work. It’s fast-paced, deep, and has moments of humor and tenderness. Pick this one up immediately.
Mar 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A revenge tale that gripped me from the opening page. Mace stumbles upon a woman being dragged through the woods by men undoubtedly preparing to kill her. As a former soldier, he can’t stand by and do nothing so makes a decision that will forever change both of their lives. Nonstop action and dry wit make this edge-of-your-seat thriller impossible to put down. Charlotte is a hero you can root for: she’s tough, vulnerable, and funny. Mace is unexpectedly cautious for a soldier compared to relentl ...more
William Bentrim
Jan 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Unrepentant by E.A. Aymar
This book was hard to read due to the subject matter. Human trafficking is despicable and ostrich like, it is easier to put your head in the sand than to actually think about the horrific nature of selling people. The book is about a young girl kidnapped and forced into sexual slavery.
The author did a very good job on making the subject utterly repugnant. His characterizations were brash and strong. Charlotte was astoundingly resilient. Mace demonstrated both humanit
Cathy Geha
Mar 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Unrepentant by E.A. Aymar

Sex trafficking is a multi-billion dollar industry...or should I say racket? It forces people into positions they do not want to be in and more times than not causes physical and mental harm. As I read this book I thought about what it would be like to be more than one character and hoped I would have the strength that Charlotte had, the caring and courage that Dory had and the ability to help those that so needed it as I read through the book.

The opening scene was
Cheryl
Mar 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
E.A. Aymar is a new to me author. Yet, I was drawn to this book by the subject matter of human trafficking. It is a subject matter that is very important and needs more awareness. Yet, thanks to authors like Mr. Aymar and books like this; this topic will gain more awareness. I am all for more advocates for stopping human trafficking.

Mr. Aymar mentions in the author note that most women don't come into prostitution like Charlotte; but the painful; sense of identity loss and subsequent emotional
Alex Dolan
Apr 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I've always had a soft spot for writers who aren't afraid to tackle sensitive subject matter, and E.A. Aymar has found a was to tell a story about sex traffic in a way that doesn't pander or exploit. Instead, he focuses on telling the story of someone who was in the trade, who was forever changed by it, and finds her own way to get past it. All of this is told within a compelling thriller at a feverish pace. If you took out the social context, the characters are fascinating and well-drawn, and t ...more
Shannon Kirk
Apr 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Aymar is one talent that can take on the serious topic of human trafficking in a meaningful way, and yet in fiction. Not an easy task. His characters are multi-dimensional and masterfully constructed. I also liked his thoughtful consideration of a character with depression—something he pulls off in an accurate and educational way, and yet also entertaining. And above all else, there is nothing better than a full-throttle, take no mercy, slam a man’s head in a van door multiple times without batt ...more
Tarrah Marie
Jan 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Thank you to #NetGalley for this ARC of #TheUnrepentant

A dynamic novel that not only gives the reader all the hard edges of a thriller but offers a view of a young woman's identity crisis and trauma after escaping years of sexual abuse. The author's broad range of characters host an alluring and multidimensional dynamic that broadens the scope of this novel. The story is dark and anticipatory as the reader is taken on an action filled narrative surrounding a young woman's will to survive. Great
Steve
Mar 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
E.A. Aymar is a fine and courageous thriller writer. The Unrepentant takes on one of the world’s worst nightmares, human trafficking. Fortunately for us, Aymar lays out the story with wit and grace which makes for a solid and absorbing crime tale peopled with dangerous and vicious characters.
The Unrepentant is a crime story that shouts out for your immediate attention. The subject matter is too important to dismiss as just another mystery. Bravo to the writer and all who read this excellent nove
JKS Communications
Nov 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
E.A. Aymar has such a strong presence in the mystery/thriller/suspense genre world. I was not disappointed with his newest book! I couldn't stop myself from reading about Charlotte and Mace and how they continued to fight against the criminals who treated Charlotte so cruelly. While revenge was a huge theme in the book, I appreciated the subtle theme of forgiveness between the brothers. Very well done, so impressed by Aymar's craft!
Randy
Apr 22, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really liked this one!

Very good story about two regular people, Mace and Eve, getting caught up in a battle with the sex trafficking industry while trying to rescue a girl who has been kidnapped and marked for death. Bad guy Barnes is GENUINELY scary and the suspense builds and builds beginning with the first chapter. This is the first book I've read by E. A. Aymar, but it won't be the last. Good one!
Kathryn Notestine
Nov 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Between feeling sympathy for the main character Charlotte and also cheering her on against the disturbingly (and incredibly well-written) bad guys and also fearful of those bad guys, I was on an emotional rollercoaster. It was an intimidating and accurate book about the really important topic of sex-trafficking; I couldn't put it down.
T Olsen
Mar 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book has basically a very good story, a great plot and very interesting characters. The problem is that there are sudden flashbacks from everyone in the story, and this is disruptive and not very helpful to the story.
Marissa DeCuir
Nov 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Unrepentant was a terrific thriller about crime and revenge. There was always something lurking behind every corner and every chapter seemed to end on a cliffhanger leaving me incapable of putting the book down! I am a huge fan of E.A. Aymar. Can't wait for his next book!
Ellen Whitfield
Nov 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Well-written characters and chilling situations make this a must read! I was surprised by how often I thought I knew what would happen only to have the book veer in another direction. Loved it!
Kathleen
Jan 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
THE UNREPENTANT is a dark, action-packed thriller shot through with E.A. Aymar’s signature wit. The story focuses on Charlotte, a victim of human trafficking, and Mace, a guy who just happened to be in the right place at the right time (or the wrong place at the wrong time, depending when you ask him), as they try to evade the truly repulsive criminals pursuing them. This book is at times heartbreaking, at times shocking, and always memorable.

NB: Thanks, NetGalley and Down & Out Books, for t
  • The Red Daughter
  • A Good Enough Mother
  • Keep You Close
  • Into the Jungle
  • A Single Glance (Irresistible Attraction Book 1)
  • Devil Winds Dance
  • A Bend in the Stars
  • How to Heal Yourself from Anxiety When No One Else Can
  • Cold & Deadly (Cold Justice: Crossfire #1)
  • Not Bad People: A Novel
  • Kessy Lane
“…one of the most promising and talented hard-boiled crime writers of his generation.” – Vincent Zandri, NY Times and USA Today Bestseller

E.A. Aymar’s standalone thriller, THE UNREPENTANT, will be published in March of 2019 by Down and Out Books. His other thrillers include the novel-in-stories THE NIGHT OF THE FLOOD (in which he served as co-editor and contributor), as well as I'LL SLEEP WHEN YOU