Start by marking “Testimony from Your Perfect Girl” as Want to Read:
Testimony from Your Perfect Girl

Testimony from Your Perfect Girl

Annie Tripp has everything she needs--Italian sweaters, vintage chandelier earrings, and elite ice skating lessons--but all that changes when her father is accused of scamming hundreds of people out of their investments. Annie knows her dad wasn't at fault, but she and her brother are exiled to their estranged aunt and uncle's house in a run-down part of Breckenridge--unti ...more
Audio CD
Published May 14th 2019 by Listening Library

To ask other readers questions about Testimony from Your Perfect Girl, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Testimony from Your Perfect Girl

Start your review of Testimony from Your Perfect Girl
Kat
Feb 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
* Thank you Penguin Teen Canada for the advanced copy, in exchange for my honest opinion *

ACTUAL: 4.25/5

his novel follows Annie Tripp, a teenage girl who has everything she needs: designer clothes, elite figure skating lessons, and more. However, her precious world shatters when her father is accused of scamming hundreds of clients and investors. Temporarily living with her Aunt and Uncle is better than she expected, but soon family secrets start unraveling. Annie must focus on the truth, and wh
Sasha
Aug 22, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: ya
2.5 As with the other books Hemmings has written, I found the main character to be privileged and hard to like. The plot was overly simple and obvious. The relationships within the family and with new friends should have hooked me but dragged on in their unimaginative blathering.
I feel like her books are a lot of tell not show and just flat.
I did like how the relationships developed at the end, but I think one of the biggest plot points was left completely unresolved. Just because you say it's
Apr 09, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult
*Review is of an advanced reader copy

Less than engaging story about a spoiled little rich girl. Annie Tripp Town's father is facing the possibility of prison following accusations he has scammed hundreds of people out of their investments. In an effort to save face, her appearance oriented parents send her and her older brother out of town to live with their estranged aunt and uncle. Whilst hiding out in Breckenridge, Annie uncovers long buried secrets about her parents. Additionally, whilst emp
Yolanda
Jun 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have never read anything from Kaui Hart Hemmings but I was a fan of the movie The Descendants mostly because I am from Hawaii, born and raised. I loved seeing Hawaii on the big screen and the story was so touching as it dealt with family issues and grief. I was going through some hard core grief at the time too.

So I borrowed this book not knowing much about it except the author’s name. I absolutely love how smooth the writing is in this book, it seems effortless and kind of just digs into some
Michael Smith
Aug 17, 2019 rated it liked it
In material terms, sixteen-year-old Annie Tripp, Colorado high school junior, pretty much has it all. Her father is a millionaire property developer, she lives in a big, fancy house with a housekeeper and a cook, and there’s no limit on her credit card. But then criminal charges are brought against her father for various kinds of fraud, and she and her older brother are sent to live in Breckenridge with her mother’s sister and her husband, neither of whom she really knows. (Why her tightly-wound ...more
Jul 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya-fiction
The strengths of this novel lie in the character development and the humorous writing that captures adolescence with all of its awkward moments. Annie isn't the most likable or popular girl, though she may have been the wealthiest, but after her family's fall from grace she takes a turn as an average person and ends up much the wiser. The plot follows a predictable path, and there are elements of the story that remain on a superficial level. However Annie is the book's focus, and her character i ...more
Liz
Aug 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars. While predictable and nothing terribly new, I appreciated the time and care spent on developing relationships and the fact that our teenage heroine's character arc concluded with finding strength in herself and her family relationships, rather than focusing on a romance, with family as a secondary concern. It's a refreshing, and too rare, thing to find in a book with a 16 year old female protagonist.
Diane
Sep 18, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this book. I enjoyed seeing and experiencing the rich and famous and how messed up their lives can become. I liked the giving nature of the sunny and uncle and their love for the kids, despite their mom’s best efforts. I enjoy watching characters grow into who they should be. Great story!
Molly
Jun 26, 2020 rated it liked it
It took me a while to get around to this one. The main character is spoiled and difficult to like at first, but as she learns about her father's unethical real estate dealings and where her privilege comes from, she does learn and grow. It's not fast-paced or extremely compelling, but it is a nice, cute story.
Carrie
Oct 23, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I warmed up to this gradually. Maybe it was the growth of the character. Also, can I just say how crap the marketing is on this, which is surprising given that it’s the author who wrote “The Descendants” of Clooney/Woodley fame. I know you’re not supposed to judge a book by its cover, but could you try just a little?
Candace
I liked this just fine, though I'm not sure I'll remember it. I thought the main character seemed pretty naïve, but perhaps that's a more realistic portrayal of someone her age than I'm used to. At any rate, I enjoyed it.
Abby
May 08, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, read-in-2020
The book was okay it wasn’t anything special but still a good read. I found Annie pretty naive but she is young so it makes sense I’m just not used to it. I don’t really have anything to say except it was fine.
Therru🌙
This was a good book👌 the dad was a bit of a freak show and Nichole REALLY ANNOYED ME😑😑😑
But all over...👌👌
May 10, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: reviewing
Full review to come on BookedAllNight.blog
Tara
Apr 23, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019-copyright
A predictable story about a snobby, spoiled, rich girl who has to deal with living a life without the luxuries she's used to. An entertaining story, but mostly surface level characters and themes.
Alyssa Cohen
May 08, 2019 rated it it was ok
I was going to rate this book 2 stars, but the epilogue was so damn good... so it shall be 2.25 stars. Review up tomorrow on my blog!!
Mel
2.5 rounded up. Annie is unlikable, and moreover being in her head is uninteresting. Whatever compelling plot points the book has to offer gets undermined by surface level attention.
Herminia Chow
About the book: Annie has almost everything she could ever ask for, but when her dad is accused of scamming others out of their investments, she gets sent to live with her aunt and uncle over winter break.

I received an advanced review copy from Penguin Random House in exchange for an honest review.

First impressions: I like the title, and the cover is interesting. I’ve never read anything by Hemmings before, but the premise sounded interesting to me.

Characters: Annie’s flawed, and she develops th
Lex
I really enjoyed reading this 💕

This is the third book I've read by Kaui Hart Hemmings and I have to say I really enjoy her writing style and her stories.

Testimony From Your Perfect Girl provides the same easy to read story that tackles issues that young adults could face in a straightforward and digestible way. Annie Tripp is from a wealthy family but when her family faces a lawsuit Annie and her brother, Jay, are sent to their aunt and uncle's house from the school break. They haven't spent mu
John Clark
Jun 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A sometimes gritty coming of age story with a few unexpected twists. Annie's blindsided when her dad is accused of misleading investors. Granted neither he nor her mother have ever been particularly nurturing, but her feelings of family loyalty and her belief that the whole situation is a big misunderstanding that will get fixed while she and her brother are 'exiled' in Breckenridge with her aunt and uncle who have always been held at arms length.
It's not long before reality in the form of the
Magdalyn Ann
May 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs, 2019-books
Read More Reviews Here!
Read More Reviews Here!

Listen, it’s no secret that neither of us like contemporary. We’ve talked about it ad nauseum on the podcast and on most reviews (it’s why we invited our friend Davis onto the project, he’s our contemporary boi!). And when Jessi told me we had some ARCs for a contemporary book coming up, I rolled my eyes and sighed. I wasn’t exactly enthused about it at all.

I read Testimony From Your Perfect Girl on my off time during work, or when it was slow. And then something strange happened.

I didn’
Rosan
Living a posh life as the daughter of a real estate investor, who, by the way, is on trial for embezzlement, Annie Tripp undergoes a life adjustment when she and her brother live with their aunt and uncle while the trial is in court. Annie and her brother are portrayed as the victims of her father’s alleged crimes, and she must find peace in living a new “poorer” lifestyle all the while dealing with many family secrets like what her father really did, why her mom stopped all contact with her aun ...more
Shannon

• Past Perfect Life
  • The Library of Lost Things
  • Our Wayward Fate
  • Amelia Westlake
I'm the author of The Descendants, House of Thieves, The Possibilities and Juniors, a YA novel. My next novel, How to Party with an Infant will be published August 9 2016. Visit my website:
Instagram: http://instagram.com/kauiharthemmings#