Start by marking “Elles ont persisté : 13 femmes qui ont changé l’Histoire” as Want to Read:
Elles ont persisté : 13 femmes qui ont changé l’Histoire

Elles ont persisté : 13 femmes qui ont changé l’Histoire

Le livre idéal pour les avant-gardistes, les féministes en herbe et les jeunes qui sont prèts à transformer le monde!

Partout sur la planète, les femmes aspirent à se rendre jusqu'au bout de leurs rèves. Depuis longtemps, elles prennent la parole, se tiennent debout et luttent pour ce qui est juste. Et ce, mème si certains affirment qu'elles devraient plutôt se taire.

Qu'ell
Published February 1st 2019 by Scholastic

To ask other readers questions about Elles ont persisté , please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Elles ont persisté

Calista
I love this book. I might love it more than the 1st one about American women. It's so important to have a message for girls in the world that says, don't listen to societies 'no'. Listen to who you were meant to be and stand up. Some of these women faced death threats to learn. It's time to get rid of all the glass ceilings. It's time for a female president. It's time women can be anything they are meant to be. The world needs women right now.

I didn't know all these women and I'm glad I know of
Hilary
Aug 13, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Hilary by: Found in the library
A picture book, with a double page on each of these 13 women who persisted with their goals in the face of various difficulties. There is a short piece of text about each person, it was interesting enough but I really wanted to know more about each one. I think if a child's old enough to be interested in this subject then reading this might not give them any more information than what they already knew about these people. The illustrations are okay, personally I find the style a bit bland. I've ...more
Michelle
I've read "She Persisted" in about the same hour as I've read this book, and my thoughts on both books are pretty much the same. You can read my review here: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

Vivek Tejuja
Jul 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
We need more books such as these. We need books to empower our children – more so girls – they need to know that nothing is impossible and not achievable. There is no such thing as a “man’s world”. And even if there is, it shouldn’t exist because time’s up.

I wasn’t aware that Chelsea Clinton had written books. I got to know of this book by chance and though it is for children, I think it is meant for all. Men and women alike and for people in general, more so for men if you ask me. Chelsea speak
Indira
Mar 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Got this in the mail from Uncle Rudy the other day and before we read it, Luxmi said to me: Ruby told me I could read only 1 book but I persisted and read 2!
Erikka
I think my review for the other one said it all, so I'm just going to paste that here:

Do you know a little girl? Are you a little girl? Does someone you know know a little girl? If so, tell them about this book. Read this book. Embrace. This. Book. Clinton does a simply beautiful job introducing 13 diverse women who stood up to discouragement based on their gender and succeeded in long-lasting ways. The artwork by Alexandra Boiger is lovely and shows these women not only as themselves, but as th
Stephanie Anze
Oct 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"So speak up, rise up, dream big. These women did that and more. They persisted and so should you."

Women have struggled to overcome biased and unjust restrictions globally. 'She Persisted Around the World' captures the journey of thirteen such women that despite being told no went on to achieve significant change for themselves. In doing so, they paved the way for the women that came after them. Told in a concise but empowering tone, this book is for children but should be read by everyone.

The c
Kate
May 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is written by Chelsea Clinton and features the stories of 13 girls and women, who, through varying circumstances persisted against obstacles to excel in their fields and accomplish their dreams.
Karine Mon coin lecture
4,5
Il en faudrait beaucoup plus, des albums comme celui-ci!
Sharadha Jayaraman
A lovely little book for children that depicts how women have undergone trials and tribulations through the years to become noticeable figures in the U.S. I liked the tone of the author, which neither sounded condescending nor academic. I'd have liked to read about women outside of the States too, but that maybe for another book.

The pictures are colourful and complement the essence of the overall text adequately. They are also accompanied by inspirational quotes.
Jennifer Mangler
I like that the book includes both women you've most likely never heard of with some of the more famous names. I like that the women are accomplished in a variety of areas. The brief entries for each of the women made me want to learn more about them. And I love that the focus of this book, and of She Persisted, is on persistence. Each of the women featured faced a variety of obstacles and did not give up on her dreams. That's a very important lesson.
Daniella Roque
Mar 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is so cute and inspiring!!!!
Elizabeth☮
We loved this as much as the first. Wow.
˗ˏˋliaˎˊ˗
Sep 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
i love how these stories are adapted so that children can read and understand them. especially love that women all over the world are celebrated, since i think that’s far more important than it has been portrayed in her other stories. i’d also love if this were translated into other languages to share the various women’s stories
Julie Peffley
Apr 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a great little book. The message is clear and often repeated: "She persisted...". This book showcases famous women from around the globe. It's a great introduction for young readers to both the women and the idea of persisting through hardship to make your dreams come true.
Tonya Ellis
Mar 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful work that highlights ground breaking women who persisted in following their dreams despite the obstacles and have made our world a better place. We need more books like this to inspire girls and women everywhere to reach for the stars.
Tabea Vanessa
Nov 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Everyone should read this!
Tiffiny
Mar 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
I really like the illustrations!
Hapzydeco
In her second book Chelsea Clinton introduces the reader to 13 women of the world who persisted against all odds.
Diane
Mar 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this book. Great choice of women around the world who persisted and changed things.
Pink STREAM
Jun 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book encourages girls to not be scared even if their situation is not the way they want. For example, many of the women in this book faced difficulties to have a good education. Also, the book doesn't include only one area like just scientists or just artists. It includes all. There are poets, astronomers, activists, scientists, doctors, ambassadors, environmentalists, writers, sports players, and artists. So every young woman who read this book will find a role model for herself. By the w ...more
Jennifer (JenIsNotaBookSnob)
I actually liked this a lot more than the original book. It has the typical, Malala and Curie and a couple others you are familiar with already, but, also some not so commonly talked about who have done amazing things.

Just really liked this one.
Patricia McLaughlin
Oct 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-books
Such an inspiring story about women and girls who have persisted against all odds to make their contribution in the world and break down barriers for others to follow in their footsteps! Lovely illustrations add to the elegant ambiance of the book. Annoying grammatical errors (which should have been caught by editors) subtract a fifth star.
Ellon
Feb 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved learning about some powerful woman I had never heard of before (along with a few that I have). I think this book will be very inspiring for young girls. that being said, I'm not a huge fan of the wording at the very end. I'm not entirely sure why, it just sounded off to me.
Izza
Apr 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018, picturebooks
4 stars |
Nicole
Feb 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019-read, 5000-2019
What a lovely book to inspire children and adults alike! The mini biographies are succinct and written for a broad audience. The illustration is beautiful.
Bethany
Sep 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A picture book by Chelsea Clinton with a two-page spread for each of thirteen International women who have been and done remarkable things despite (usually) men telling them no. There is a good mix of diversity: ages, racial/ethnic, and geographic, but nothing stood out as LGBTQIA+ to me. Additionally, I think the content may be too challenging for the young readers who will be read the book.

It is just like Clinton’s original Persisted book, but with a focus on non-American women.
Goldilocks
Apr 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was heartwarming and inspiring.
Jillian
Apr 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked the "around the world" angle - it introduced many, many other people I'd never heard of or only read a name.

I also really liked the illustrations, and that each profile had a quote.
Cara
Jun 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is filled with wonderful stories about girls and women from around the world who worked hard to achieve their dreams.
  • Before She Was Harriet
  • Maya Lin: Artist-Architect of Light and Lines
  • Between the Lines: How Ernie Barnes Went from the Football Field to the Art Gallery
  • Hidden Figures: The True Story of Four Black Women and the Space Race
  • Nothing Stopped Sophie: The Story of Unshakable Mathematician Sophie Germain
  • Martina & Chrissie: The Greatest Rivalry in the History of Sports
  • Girl Running: Bobbi Gibb and the Boston Marathon
  • Grace Hopper: Queen of Computer Code
  • Joan Procter, Dragon Doctor: The Woman Who Loved Reptiles
  • Turning Pages: My Life Story
  • I Dissent: Ruth Bader Ginsburg Makes Her Mark
  • What Do You Do with a Voice Like That?: The Story of Extraordinary Congresswoman Barbara Jordan
  • Thirty Minutes Over Oregon: A Japanese Pilot's World War II Story
  • A Poem for Peter
  • Dorothea's Eyes: Dorothea Lange Photographs the Truth
  • Tiny Stitches: The Life of Medical Pioneer Vivien Thomas
  • Be the Change: A Grandfather Gandhi Story
  • Step Right Up: How Doc and Jim Key Taught the World about Kindness
Chelsea Clinton has always been interested in making the world a better place. When she was a child in Little Rock, Arkansas, one of her favorite books was 50 Simple Things Kids Can Do to Save the Earth, and as a teenager in Washington, D.C., she led her school’s service club. While at Stanford, Chelsea worked as a reading and writing tutor and volunteered at the Children’s Hospital. Today, she is ...more