Start by marking “Rituals for Work: 50 Ways to Create Engagement, Shared Purpose, and a Culture That Can Adapt to Change” as Want to Read:

Experience the transformative power of creative rituals in the workplace

Rituals for Work shows us how creative rituals can make our personal and business lives more meaningful and rewarding. Rituals are powerful tools: they reinforce good habits, motivate personal and professional achievement, create a common bond between co-workers and build shared values; they can
Published April 9th 2019 by Wiley

Start your review of Rituals for Work: 50 Ways to Create Engagement, Shared Purpose, and a Culture That Can Adapt to Change
Marcus Kazmierczak
Nov 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A great book about rituals and traditions at work. The book explains why rituals are important to shaping a team's effectiveness, a company's culture, and how they can be used to contribute to individual creativity and productivity.

The majority of the book is divided into 5 main areas (Creativity, Performance, Conflict, Community, and Transition) and provides 10 example rituals to try to tackle specific issues or improvements. My company is fully distributed so the rituals can't always be
Nina Simon
Jul 14, 2019 rated it it was ok
I was hoping for a pattern language and instead got a lot of pithy examples, mostly from tech startups. The core concept, layout, and organization of this book are strong. The content is less inspiring.
Sebastian Gebski
Aug 09, 2019 rated it liked it
I love the idea (of rituals at work) - I'm more than certain it does make a difference & has a real impact on people & can unite them around the common identity, shared values, unique elements of local culture, etc.

... but ...

I don't think rituals can be transplanted - the whole idea is to grow them up of current context, so they are environment-specific. Otherwise, when trying to copy someone else's rituals you can't get rid of a feeling that it's ... childish, odd, unnatural, even
Philippe Bailleur
Dec 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting

In our society - and for sure in Western companies - we lost and forgot the habit and added value of rituals. This book will open your mind for rituals and help you with several great examples. The book will even help you to design your own company rituals. If you want to build a strong, coherent culture ... read this book.
Katie Reynolds
May 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book has some great exercises for personal, team and organization level engagement at work. I highly recommend reading this if you are an HR professional, manager, or just interested in team building at work.
Rick Yvanovich
Sure to give you some new ideas

50 examples to help both trigger some ideas and hammer home the importance of rituals as well as uncovering rituals that you may not be aware you already have.
Nina
Nov 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: business
Almost every ritual requires being in person. I would love to see more support for remote groups.
M
Jul 03, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5 stars if I could. The examples are helpful for generating ideas. Some of them are cringeworthy and others make a lot of sense. I'm sure the cringe-factor varies per person and organization.
Luis Segura
Aug 28, 2019 rated it it was ok
The ideas and rituals are targeted to USA culture
Jesse Richards
Aug 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Generated more good ideas - not necessarily their examples but ideas derived - than I anticipated going in.
Paul Triller
Some great ideas for ways to humanize the workplace.
Daniel Markwig
Jul 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Great inspiration when thinking about understanding and nudging behaviours in a workplace.
Michael Wolcott
Aug 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An exceptional resource of ideas! There are some amazing rituals offered in the book to be tried with any team depending on the need or context. A quick book to move through with a huge impact!
Jill
Jessica Chia
Dec 27, 2019
Chad
Sep 08, 2019

• The Fearless Organization: Creating Psychological Safety in the Workplace for Learning, Innovation, and Growth
  • The Upside of Stress: Why Stress Is Good for You, and How to Get Good at It
  • The Manager's Path: A Guide for Tech Leaders Navigating Growth and Change
  • The Making of a Manager: What to Do When Everyone Looks to You
  • Brave New Work: Are You Ready to Reinvent Your Organization?
  • Working: Researching, Interviewing, Writing
  • More Bedtime Stories for Cynics (Bedtime Stories for Cynics, #2)
  • No Hard Feelings: The Secret Power of Embracing Emotions at Work
  • Team Topologies: Organizing Business and Technology Teams for Fast Flow
  • Loonshots: How to Nurture the Crazy Ideas That Win Wars, Cure Diseases, and Transform Industries
  • The Culture Code: The Secrets of Highly Successful Groups
  • An Elegant Puzzle: Systems of Engineering Management
  • The Nerd's Guide to Being Confident
  • Quick Meeting Openers for Busy Managers: More Than 50 Icebreakers, Energizers, and Other Creative Activities That Get Results
  • Think Wrong: How to Conquer the Status Quo and Do Work That Matters
  • Where the Action Is: The Meetings That Make or Break Your Organization
  • The Surprising Power of Liberating Structures: Simple Rules to Unleash A Culture of Innovation