Start by marking “Giant Days #42” as Want to Read:
Giant Days #42

Giant Days #42

(Giant Days (Single Issues) #42)

Nominated for a 2018 Eisner Award! With the air still clouded with weirdness in Esther and Ed’s shared house, Esther contemplates what it is that’s still standing between them and making everything feel…icky. The question is, does Esther want to kiss, or just to make up?
Published September 5th 2018 by BOOM! - BOOM! Box

To ask other readers questions about Giant Days #42, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Giant Days #42

Start your review of Giant Days #42
ivy francis
Shelves: comics-18-20
This issue truly was a Garf-worthy lasagna. Packed full of action and feelings and re-calls of old characters, it was a joy to read. Esther and Ed are finally getting somewhere. McGraw and Susan are great. Daisy got some exercise. 10/10 would recommend.
Lost in Book Land
Sep 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have been so excited and so ready to read some more graphic novels lately, its so unreal how much I have wanted to dive back into these various worlds. As many people know (because I have literally made it no secert) I am obssessed with Giant Days (clearly because I am on issue 42). I think I am getting close to an issue where I could read the spin off about Ed and Australia (I do not know the exact name I only recently saw it on my Hoopla and I immediately favorited it)!

SPOILERS AHEAD

In this
Morgan
Sep 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Delightful, as usual. I continue to love Susan and McGraw like no other, and oh poor Esther. Just when she thinks she figures something out, a wrench gets thrown in and everything is messy again. Cannot WAIT for issue 43!!
Jenna
Sep 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Great movement on our interpersonal relationships and it managed to hit all the right notes. Daisy finally seems to have reached a peaceful time in her life, or has she? Cliffhanger yet again!
Joansie
Mar 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was much better than issue #41. I usually love seeing growth for Daisy but the last issue felt way too drab and forced. I preferred to see her thriving and getting her Elle Wood on outside, conquering all and finding the best job ever (or so I hope) at the Christmas Village.

I loved reading about Esther and Ed's new subplot but I'm cautious about where it's going. I love the friendship that those two share and I've seen love (and other let downs) destroy one too many in my life as it is. I j
Liz (Quirky Cat)
Sep 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comic
First I just want to say that I absolutely love this issue cover. It’s so cute, plus I’m really digging the deep purple background. It really works, and it fits in perfectly with Esther’s aesthetic. So win-win.

Speaking of Esther, she’s more or less the main focus of this issue. Yes, we see Suzie and Daisy, plus there’s Ed and McGraw (actually, there’s quite a bit of Ed). I think we all saw this coming, truth be told. You know that classic story where one person (cough Ed cough) is completely s
KaitLphere
Oct 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-comics
I love McGraw and Susan, and Esther and Ed and Nina and Daisy and this book. There were some excellent facial expressions and body language in this issue, as usual. There was a reference to how they're getting close to the end of their University years, which makes me nervous about the series ending someday. Like ever. ...more
solène
Sep 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics, lgbt
"How was your day?" "Oh you know. Hospital. another great reminder that one day we'll all be compost."

Esther acting like a proper adult for the first time since forever is honestly so refreshing :').
Marie
Sep 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Giant Days #42 is another cracker episode.

Esther has been infected with emotions and FEELS about Ed, Susan and McGraw are smashing the patriarchy in the kitchen *air punch*, and Daisy....well there’s definitely a real Cliff-hanger this time ;)
Elizabeth (Miss Eliza)
Sep 26, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: comics
It's cute that Esther is trying to woo Ed, but at the same time is trying to be his friend and push him towards the Australian. Though I worry how sick everyone is going to get from eating all those really old advent calenders... ...more
✨ Y.♡ˎ´
OMG THE FEELSSSS

(view spoiler)
Kaleb
Oct 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018-reads
I think I've finally come to the realization that there's no use in waiting for the trades. The series is just too irresistible. I'd perish thought of leaving a single issue unread. ...more
Piper
Sep 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Not sure I´m liking the direction Esther is taking
Sierra the Nerdgirl
Nov 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Poor Ester
Ada
SHE'S SUCH A GOOD FRIEND!

But damn I'm a sucker for friends-to-lovers trope.
Mandy
Aug 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Once again, loved it! I seriously loved this series!
Rafaela Oliveira
Lucy Busker
Nov 07, 2018 rated it liked it
Amazing

Perfect
I like the "Are doctor who and Amy Ponds kissing?" " Just think how great it would be if BLOODY RORY didn't get in the way"
Darinda
Nov 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
Another enjoyable issue in this series. Fun and humorous.
Meg
Sep 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is still my all-time favorite comic series. I just love looking forward to the new issues every month.
Nadine VonTerror

• Heavy Vinyl #4
  • The Avant-Guards #5
  • Goldie Vance Vol. 1
  • The Avant-Guards #1
  • Misfit City #1 (Misfit City, #1)
  • Swallow Me Whole
John Allison is the author and artist of the British webcomics Scary Go Round and Bad Machinery.

Librarian Note: There is more than one author in the GoodReads database with this name. See other authors with similar names.

Giant Days (Single Issues) (1 - 10 of 58 books)
  • Giant Days #1