Start by marking “Check, Please!, Book 2: Sticks & Scones” as Want to Read:

(Check, Please! #3-4)

Eric Bittle is heading into his junior year at Samwell University, and not only does he have new teammateshe has a brand new boyfriend! Bitty and Jack must navigate their new, secret, long-distance relationship, and decide how to reveal their relationship to friends and teammates. And on top of that, Bitty's time at Samwell is quickly coming to an end...It's two full ...more
Expected publication: April 7th 2020 by First Second

Win a Copy of This Book

• Check, Please!, Book 2 by Ngozi Ukazu
    Release date: Apr 07, 2020
    Enter for a chance to win an advanced reader's copy of CHECK, PLEASE! BOOK 2: STICKS & SCONES!

A collection of the second half of the mega-popular

Format: Print book

• Friend Reviews

Start your review of Check, Please!, Book 2: Sticks & Scones
    Xandra (StarrySkyBooks)
    Feb 11, 2020 marked it as to-read
    (Mar 17) UPDATE: Is anyone else concerned about how the comic is going to end? I'm pretty sure there's only time for one more update, and I'm not sure how everything is going to wrap up by then...

-----------
    (Feb 11) I am pre-ordering my signed copy and bracing for sadness. I don't want this webcomic to end!
    nova ryder ☼
    Mar 29, 2020 marked it as not-yet-published
    ITS SO CLOSE IM SO EXCITED ...more
    Alina
    Jul 08, 2019 marked it as to-read
    Its not a habit of mine to review a book before it comes out, but I just need to express how much Im looking forward to this volume being published!! 2020 cant come soon enough! ...more
    Ivy
    Nov 20, 2018 marked it as to-read
    Shelves: coming-soon-20
    Even though I know the webcomic will be long finished by the time this comes out, I'm still so, incredibly excited to see this come into print.

Author Interview: https://bookpeopleteens.wordpress.com...
    Sarah Chomette
    Mar 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    I can't recommend this book highly enough. So heart warming and emotional
    lindsay
    Aug 20, 2019 marked it as to-read
    you, an idiot: it's january 8th
    me, an intellectual: there are only three months and one day until check please! book 2: sticks and scones releases
    Lexi (Cubegirl97) Hoefer
    Jan 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
    they are just so cute :3
    Mar
    Oct 21, 2019 rated it it was ok
    (i read the web comic and 4th year isn't technically over, but oh well).

Rating: 2,5
    Review: I get that the comic is cute and funny but I truly don't understand why there's so much hype?? like, i'm sorry but the main couple doesn't seem believable to me? They're cute, don't get me wrong, but how they got together was so spontaneous and they were suddenly super official ?????????? also, my favorite thing from the first volume was when Ransom and Holster explained hockey terms and THAT DOESN'T
    Jamie
    Mar 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    I received a copy from First Second in exchange for an honest review.

I almost cried when I got the box from First Second and Sticks and Scones was in it. I love this series so much and I'm so sad to see it end, but this was the perfect ending for these characters, and it just couldn't have been any better. I like that Ngozi continued the tradition of adding the tweets at the end, it helps fill out the story.
    Leighann Higgins
    Mar 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    Don't mind me, I'm just spiraling into a deep depression now that this series is over. I love graphic novels but I feel like they read too fast and I'm always so sad to leave the characters.

This book was the perfect combination of being serious but also light-hearted. I literally will read whatever Ngozi writes next, her dialogue is hilarious and so insightful to the character's personalities.

I typically hate reading about sports but I loved these books!
    Heather
    Absolutely love this graphic novel series! It started as a webcomic and I am now keeping up with it that way because the story isn't being published in book form as quickly as I am devouring it. Bittle and his adventures at a school in the northeast, away from his southern roots, really grows into himself during this story. I love all of the side stories with the other teammates and of course his vlogging. I will be reading this for as long as it keeps going, this author is wonderful!
    Dulcie
    Apr 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    oh my god.
    Jules
    Apr 03, 2020 rated it liked it
    3.5 - I really loved this whole series and it brought back my love for hockey itself ten fold.
    Angel
    Oct 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    Love it
    isabella
    Nov 05, 2019 marked it as to-read
    the two repeated themes in check, please! covers: 1) hockey 2) jack zimmerman lovingly gazing at bittle
    Cody Roecker
    Mar 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
    Junior year was a lot slower than freshman and sophomore year but SENIOR YEAR WAS EVERYTHING TO ME.

I laughed and I cried and wow
    Amelia
    Apr 02, 2020 marked it as to-read
    someone talk me out of preordering this
    Rebecca
    Dec 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    Shelves: mm-romance, romance
    The Check Please series is one of my very, very favorite pieces of fiction I'm going to be reading and reading Check Please for the rest of my life. It's funny, it's clever, it's romantic, it's complicated, and it has a wonderful ensemble cast. It receives my very highest recommendation.
    Yvonne
    Dec 23, 2019
    ReadWithE
    Aug 23, 2019
    « previous 1 3 4 next »

• Heartstopper: Volume Three (Heartstopper, #3)
    • Heartstopper: Volume Two (Heartstopper, #2)
    • Nick and Charlie
    • Loveboat, Taipei (Loveboat, Taipei, #1)
    • Novae #1 (Novae, #1)
    • Mooncakes
    • ガンバレ! 中村くん! ! [Ganbare! Nakamura-kun!!]
    • Laura Dean Keeps Breaking Up with Me
    • Heartstopper: Volume One (Heartstopper, #1)
    • The Gravity of Us
    • Heartstopper: Become Human
    • Only Mostly Devastated
    • The Starless Sea
    • Castle Swimmer
    • Dewdrop
    • Long Exposure
    • Of Curses and Kisses (St. Rosetta's Academy, #1)
    • The Silence of Bones
    Ngozi Ukazu is the author of the online graphic novel series Check, Please!. She studied at Yale University and the Savannah College of Art and Design.

Check, Please! (6 books)