Start by marking “A Winter Wonderland” as Want to Read:
A Winter Wonderland

A Winter Wonderland

A sexy, feel-good, second-chance holiday romance

What's worse than a broken-down car during a winter storm?
When the hot tow truck driver is your ex-boyfriend, the one you left behind.

Coming face-to-face with Jace after nine years is a reminder of everything Selena tried to forget when she left her hometown. A very sexy reminder. And it’s even more dangerous when mixed with
ebook
Published November 2019

To ask other readers questions about A Winter Wonderland, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Winter Wonderland

Start your review of A Winter Wonderland
Anna Banana
Nov 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: poc-heroines
Always love a great second chance romance and this one delivered! I wish that we got a little bit more though, I wasn't fully satisfied but I definitely believed in their romance and I just wish I could have more of Selena and Jace. I also wasn't really a fan of the fact that Selena had gotten married in their time of separation and yet it seemed like he was pining for her the whole time. I'm not saying they couldn't sleep with other people after the broke up (it was 9 years, after all) but marr ...more
natalija
Nov 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
i literally finished this in 3 hours and loved every second of it. second chance romances are slowly becoming one of my favorite tropes and as much as i love flashbacks of characters as teens i loved the lack of it here.
this is one of those books that keeps you on edge the whole time reading it because of the intense chemistry the characters share.
Ewa
Nov 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Sweet ,second chance romance. Just in time to cheer you up.
High school sweethearts met after ten years. Will they recant old feelings? The spark is still there..
It’s a wonderful time of the year 🎄🎄

mahana
Nov 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
honestly this might’ve been a 5 star if there were flashbacks

rep: Mexican mc
Rebecca Hunter
Nov 12, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
description
📚🎄Ready for a fun, snowy treat? 🎄📚
A Winter Wonderland features a broken-down car, an incoming storm, a hot tow truck driver, and a...fruitcake.
Curious? :)
This story was originally written for the 12 Nights of Christmas anthology for the 2018 holiday season, but I expanded it to give you more of the sexy, feel-good, second-chance vibes. I hope you love it!!
Coco.V
Nov 29, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (11/29/2019)! 🎁
Stacey
Jan 19, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Returning to Sacred Harbor after her divorce, Selena's car breaks down on her way into town. The person from the garage who comes to tow her is none other than Jace, her first love and the man she left behind without a word when she went to college. When Selena receives a mysterious fruitcake which is rumored to bring love into the life of the recipient, Jace wonders if they can have a second chance.

I was expecting for there to be tension between the pair, maybe even some anger or resentment due
Rach
Nov 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A lovely novella with all the festive feels and a second chance romance that will have you rooting for that HEA from the off.

Rebecca Hunter has managed to pack so much into this short tale, the characters have fully fleshed out, believable back stories with family ties, tough decisions and sizzling chemistry. You can understand why they had to part and why they are so right for each other now, I was completely swept up in their world.

Btw, I hate fruitcake but from the moment Jace and Lee (Sele
Viper Spaulding
Nov 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
The magic of fruitcakes and Christmas!

This is a sweet second-chance romance between Selena and Jace, high-school sweethearts who broke up nine years earlier and now find themselves wondering about a mysterious holiday fruitcake and what it portends. I enjoyed the characters, and their story was heartfelt and passionate. It's a quick read, perfect for a cozy winter afternoon. I voluntarily reviewed an ARC of this book.
Lisa H
Nov 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Just like old times

Selena had to call her ex for a ride when her car broke down in their little hone town. They dated in high school but she left and married someone else.
Now divorced, Jace keeps thinking about her.

Can they navigate their way back to a second chance, that includes his family.

Heather Wamboldt
Nov 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Winter Wonderland is a sweet holiday romance about Selena and Jace and their chance second chance for love. The characters are likable and relatable. This novella is well written, with a car breakdown, a mystical magical fruitcake (that they actually ate!), family, and sweet romance. I really enjoyed this wonderful little holiday story.

I read and reviewed this book with no obligation.
Melissa
Nov 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: booksprout
A second chance brought on by a broken-down car and an upcoming storm. Jace and Selena's story is a sweet short read that I'm glad I took the chance on.

Barbara
Nov 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
A short story that is well written and held my interest until the end. A second chance after nine years apart for Selena and Jace which I enjoyed reading. Toss in a magic Fruitcake and you have a fun story to read. I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review.
Jasmine  Larios
Mar 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Quick but cute

I thought this novella was cute. An adorable second chance novella. Would Dec recommend for a quick and sweet read.
Pat
Nov 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
This second chance romance was such a sweet read with a well written storyline and very likable, believable and engaging characters! I felt that Selena and Jace was a wonderful couple that made this book a very enjoyable read!
Kris Woltzen
Jan 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Very fun short holiday read about second chances and mysterious fruitcakes. Jace and Selena have a very vivid past but with Selena back in her home town that Jace never left can they reconnect and get back what they both lost. I don't write spoilers so you will have to read to figure out how broke down car, towing company and fruitcake all play a part in this love story.

Yvonne Nelson
Dec 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Five stars

This is the first book I've read from this author and it was great. Loved both jace and selena and there connection. This book is easy to recommend
Ebonie
Dec 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I never read the anthology version of this story, but this expanded novella was one of my favorite reads of this holiday season. Jace and Lee clearly have chemistry that never left - even after they went different directions - and while I wanted more of their story, this holiday novella packed in quite a bit. I really enjoyed their reconnection, the mysterious fruitcake, and seeing them get the second chance that they deserved. Great, quick read!
Wioletta
Sep 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing

Selena is back to her hometown. She and Jace have a past together. Looks like old feelings didn't disappear. Will they get second chance with happiness, maybe with holiday magic around them, they will get HEA.
I enjoyed this story very much, loved characters.
Carey S.
Jan 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Jace and Selena were in love in high school, but her parents expected Selena to get an education. They sacrificed their own happiness so she could have a good life. She had to leave town to get educated, and 18-year-olds aren’t always mature thinkers, so things didn’t end well for the pair. Selena ended up getting her education and marrying someone else in the ensuing years; however, that marriage wasn’t happy. She is now divorced and back in her hometown, when her car breaks down and Jace answe ...more
Jamie Jack
Nov 13, 2019 rated it it was ok
Not My Piece of Fruitcake

I found this book a little odd. It is short, so it can be read rather quickly. It actually opens with a fake news article, which I found an intriguing idea. It wasn't clear how it was going to relate to the story, and I will admit that I was a bit put off that there was a misspelled word in the newspaper article. Surely, there are editors at newspapers these days! I am usually more of a historical romance reader though I do read some contemporary romances, especially aro
Tonya Stinnett
Jan 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Sharon
Jan 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
Selena returns to her hometown and the trip back is not off to a great start when she breaks down. It picks up when her old flame Jace is the one to rescue her.
These two have not forgotten each and it shows the more time they spend together.
Will these two have a chance for romance again.
Quick and easy read. Great for the Christmas hangover and intro into Valentines.

Mandi Martinez
Jan 12, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: booksprout
A cute second chance romance for Jace and Selena. This is a quick read but These two had killer chemistry the entire novella! I gave it a 3 only because I felt like the story was rushed and I really wanted more about their past together, their past apart, and their development into their second chance. Overall, it was a good story that I enjoyed and I’m glad I read it!
Elvira
Nov 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed reading this story. The characters are well developed and engaging and plenty of chemistry from beginning to the end. Storyline flowed smoothly.

Cherie Maggi
Jan 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
Loved this second chance romance. It was a fun read full of love, regret, moving on, forgiveness, and finally happiness. This is the first book I’ve read by this author and will not be my last.

Amy
Jan 17, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This novella was a sweet second chance romance. I loved Selena and Jace's story, it kept me hooked and wanting more. It has a great backstory. Selena and Jace have amazing chemistry. It has all the feels. This book was a great quick, sweet read.
Jennifer D.
Jan 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
An enjoyable second chance romance novella. I loved the storyline and characters. I would love to see this turned into a full length novel. I want more of Selena and Jace!

konstantina  avouri
Nov 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
HETEROSEXUALS!!! WE LOVE THEM!!!!
Barbara Strickland
Short, sweet and sexy

I really loved this. The characters were engaging, the rekindled love sweet and the setting delightful. A very easy and relaxing read.
Romance Retreat: Feel-Good Flash Freebie! 7 36 Mar 16, 2020 11:19AM
Goodreads Librari...: Please combine editions! 3 244 Dec 29, 2019 08:24AM
Romance Readers R...: New Second-Chance Holiday Romance 1 5 Nov 12, 2019 12:13PM
Romance Retreat: New Holiday Romance! 1 9 Nov 12, 2019 12:07PM
Romance Retreat: Holiday Romance - Coming Soon! 1 7 Oct 14, 2019 08:16AM
Goodreads Librari...: Change to Permanent Book Cover 3 17 Sep 29, 2019 03:08PM
Goodreads Librari...: Delete temporary cover 2 15 Jun 02, 2019 12:07PM

• Maybe This Christmas
  • Faking Under the Mistletoe
  • If You Give A Jerk A Gingerbread (Reindeer Falls, #2)
  • The One Night Stand Before Christmas (Reindeer Falls, #3)
  • The Queen of Nothing (The Folk of the Air, #3)
  • In Peace Lies Havoc (Midnight Mayhem #1)
  • All Wrapped Up for the Holidays
  • Just Ten Seconds
  • The Boss Who Stole Christmas (Reindeer Falls, #1)
  • Friends Without Benefits (Knitting in the City, #2)
  • The Third Best Thing (Fulton U, #3)
  • Mine (Falling For A Rose Book 7)
  • Tempted By You (Falling For A Rose Book 9)
  • Her Naughty Suitor (Falling For A Rose Book 10)
  • With Your Permission (In The Heart Of A Valentine #5)
  • Promising Forever (Falling for a Rose Book 11)
  • Only with You (The Best Mistake, #1)
  • Made for You (The Best Mistake, #2)
"The characters are likable and believable, and the sexual chemistry is intense. For those looking for a quick, smoking-hot read, this latest from Hunter will be sure to set them on fire while still embracing a romantic, feel-good vibe." - from Library Journal's starred review of Best Laid Plans

"Hunter has written her protagonists with great depth, carefully revealing how their pasts have shaped t