Start by marking “Neverland” as Want to Read:
Neverland

Neverland

4.3  ·  Rating details ·  159 Ratings  ·  85 Reviews

He remembered her well.

She was the one everyone talked about. The poor girl down the street born into a family of monsters. The one he’d obsessed over, taunted and harassed. The very same girl who’d one day suddenl
Published October 2nd 2018

To ask other readers questions about Neverland, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Neverland

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends)
description

So yea...that just happened. I don't even know what to say about this book, or how to rate it. I am all kinds of pissed off at it right now. Like, seriously? I want to one star it in anger (lol). This book was depressing, on top of depressing, with an extra heaping scoop of misery piled on for good measure. But I at least thought we were FINALLY going to get some happiness near the end, but that got sh!t on as well...sigh. I don't know...I just wasn't expecting what this book turned out to be I
Fre06 Begum
Becca - ✭Little Red Reading Hood✭

description

Sweet baby Jesus!! This book! THIS BOOK! It’s nothing like I’ve ever read. We all know Melissa Jane has the most unique voice when it comes to suspense, but this book, this damn book took my breath away! I can’t even with all these emotions I’m feeling right now! This book simply ruined me in the best way possible! I’m done!!

I just... I just can’t. I’m literally running around like crazy, thinking about the highly things I should say about this story. But nothing is worthy. I AM not worthy to wr
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Oct 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
Oh my dayz. Expect the unexpected. As I sit here after finishing this book I’m just in awe of this author. I sat down and literally inhaled this story.

The blurb is vague for a reason. Save reading the reviews until after you’ve read the story. If your to read anything before you read this story then read the note from the author. This ain’t a sweet romance. It is however an awesome read that had me in a spin.

If your looking for a really well written story about how ones obsession over another
Expresso-Girls Just Wanna Have Books  ; A Mafia Romance
I understand most readers tend to eye roll at warnings. I am guilty of the feat as well. However, adhere to every warning before you indulge in this five star read. This story is NOT romantic. This story does NOT have a traditional HEA. If you’re a vanilla, CR, or even a gray reader, turn back NOW! DO NOT PASS GO. DO NOT COLLECT $200. You’ve been warned.

This dark thriller is EVERYTHING a dark thriller should be! Kudos to Jane as she allowed her talent to pour forth without without fear! Lucy and
Anne Milne
Sep 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
As a reader I believe that if you read a book and it makes you feel nothing the book hasn't done it's job. A story that touches your heart or soul is one that stays with you for a long time.

The synopsis is deliberately vague and I loved that because a story should be a surprise it should unfurl like a flower and captivate you. There are so many emotions I felt, happiness despair anger love hope and oh how I hoped.

The story is an intense ride it's suspense it's obsession it's absolutely amazing
Myra Espino
Oct 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
😭😭 My gawd!! This book is an emotional roller-coaster ride for me. Melissa Jane broke my heart and stomped it into pieces. Anyway, Neverland is an interesting read that will blow your mind. Neverland is full of surprises!!! My gawd!!! That ending!!!
Phyl
Sep 27, 2018 rated it it was ok
Saving grace Romeo
New to me author. I’m not a huge fan of stories with woe. What a hard life Lucy has had. Abusive asshole father and a mother who couldn’t protect herself yet alone Lucy. Her one shining light and saving grace The Sanchez family and more specifically Romeo, her best friend. More hard times ahead as she is ripped away from this loving family. Enter the biggest bully assholes of them all Dominic Salvatore. He’s a Pilar of the community (sarcasm )basically makes her life worse than
Sammy- Just Let Me Read
Sep 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Wow, what a thrilling and intense story this was. Neverland by Melissa Jane is a suspense-filled story of twisted obsession. I was so completely engrossed in the story, it was hard for me to put it down. Jane gives readers a fantastic plot that will thrill and devastate at the same time.

“My name is Dominic Salvatore and I’ll make sure you never forget me.”

I absolutely loved Monsters and was looking forward to reading this book as soon as I saw the blurb. The story goes back and forth between t
Brittany Alexander
Sep 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I want to give this book a lower rating. So bad. SO BAD. But I just can't bring myself to do it. It totally deserves a lower rating because of that ending. That ending was FUCKED. UP. I'm talking directly to you, Melissa Jane. You just DO NOT do what you did. YOU DON'T DO THAT AND IT'S COMPLETELY AND TOTALLY FUCKED UP. I'm still angry and there's no way I can trust you now after that. I'm taking your characters away from you and you can only have them back when you learn to play nice.

I'm just t
Renee
Oct 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing

On a fateful, stormy night, a ghost from the past revealed himself under the glow of a street lamp. A ghost whose smile was as cold and dangerous as his heart. He remembered her well. She was the one everyone talked about. The poor girl down the street born into a family of monsters. The one he'd obsessed over, taunted and harassed. The very same girl who'd one day suddenly disappeared. Accepting his
Lisa Staples
If you've ever met Melissa Jane, you'd never believe such a sweet, vivacious woman with the face of an angel could write such a dark, twisted and disturbed thriller that is Neverland! Never indeed!!

This story is NOT for the feint hearted. If you're all about "Happy Endings" you'll need to look elsewhere.
You have to admire this author for writing HER story, and she's done so superbly!
So much so that I feel compelled to add that if you were to have your say on this story, make it about it's beauti
Donna Wright
Oct 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Where do I begin with this absolutely fantastic story, that left me reeling for hours after. I couldn't put it down and when sleep took hold, I slept for a few hours and woke needing the answers that never failed to appear. This story isn't pretty in fact it's damn right tragic and heartbreaking.

Having said that heartbreak is the wrong word. It was filled with anguish and a vulgar display of power, that ended up being the heart of this story. Although my heart bleed for this tragic young women.
Gayle
Sep 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Nooooo. Nup. No. Just NO!!
WTAF!!
My heart people. My heart is a mess. My emotions are all over the place. I can’t even find the words to express how I’m feeling. I am a fine mess.

Picking up Neverland and I have to be honest here, I had no idea what I was getting myself into, but I knew by reading Melissa Jane in the past that I would be in for a read that would capture my heart and soul. But guys never in a million years did I ever expect this novel to shred me to pieces. I couldn’t put this boo
Robyn Corcoran
Sep 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
OMG this book totally blew me away!

If you are expecting butterflies and rainbows then this book is definitely not for you however the author does warn readers of this in the beginning.

Lucy Sommers and Romeo Sanchez are in the same grade and best friends. Both know hardship too with Lucy having an alcoholic, abusive father and Romeo having been bullied all of his life by people who are racially prejudice. Dominic Salvatore is one of those bullies who isn’t afraid to use his fists as well!

Great c
We Like them Dark **
Oct 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018
HOLY ever loving darkness. Absolutely, hands down one of the darkest reads I’ve ever stumbled on. This book actually made my skin crawl at various points, and I wanted to rip my hair out the rest of those parts.
If you’re not a dark romance reader-stay far away from this book. There’s nothing even close to being sweet in this book-it’s a continuous loop of bigger heartbreak after bigger heartbreak. I actually didn’t think I’d make it out of this book alive because this author had such a hold on m
Beyond The Covers Blog
Shelves: celeste
If you are looking for a happy book about a little fairy and a cute boy in green tights this book isn’t it.  Neverland is a tragic story about abuse, loss of control and obsession.  Melissa Jane tells the heartbreaking story of a girl that no matter her age just can not escape the violence that is in the world.  This story is for mature readers and describes graphic scenes of abuse.  Neverland is vey compelling and will have you reaching for the tissues.  I give Neverland by Melissa Jane 5-stars ...more
Linda Lee
Oct 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
First book I’ve read from this author and rest assured it will not be my last. I love a dark romance and this one delivered. It’s sweet and twisted, light and dark all at the same time. Some things are just meant to be and there is no reason or rhyme as to why...just because they are! Lucy was a diamond in the rough a girl born into the wrong family. The only love she ever knew was from Romeo and his parents. The Sanchez family home was a refuge, somewhere to go and forget about her real life. D ...more
Teresa Adams
Sep 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow what did I  just read. Melissa Jane does it again.  She writes the perfect twisted book.
Some may say that everyone is given a chance at some point of your life.  This isnt the case for Lucy. She grew up with the cards stacked against her and throughout her whole life it doesn't get any easier. This is about Lucy fighting to keep from turning into a monster. This is about Dominic who in his sadistic way Loves Lucy and does all he can to keep her. This is about Romeo who never stops thinking
D.L. Gallie
Sep 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I don’t quite know how to write this review, but I can easily say that Neverland blew me away. I was hooked from page one and I couldn’t put it down until I’d devoured it.
Lucy is one tough cookie who just kept getting kicked in the guts but she’d rise on every occasion showing how strong and resilient she really was.
Dominic is a true psychopath who needed a junk punch, hard. I seriously hate him it it’s characters like him that add to a story.
And then there’s Romeo. Sweet and loving and Lucy’s g
Battleaxe Betty
Oct 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dark with triggers

Not your usual dark romance which I think is why I enjoyed reading this. If you're looking for a broody, dark, drool-worthy guy then Dominic isn't the dominating alpha male you want. He's a nasty piece of work. Most likely the kind you'd get in a more realistic world.
Lucy, poor lass, is the girl he wants. So that's that.
I like dark, passionate moments mingled in but there wasn't any. A bit disappointed this lass didn't get anything but misery but I'd mistook her age until much
Kelly Williams
Sep 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review. I have no idea what I just read. I was sucked in from the very beginning. What a twisted, crazy story. Dominic is absolutely crazy and insane. Lucy ,y heart bled for her. Her entire life has been terrible. Except for Romeo. He was the constant, good thing in her life and then she lost it. I don't want to put any spoilers in here but I hated the ending. I get it but hated it especially after everything that happened in this story. I'm glad she g ...more
Rebecca
Wow what can I say Dominic a very distubing boy who then is a seriously disturbed Man, Lucy a gorgeous girl who needs to survive the dark and heartache and then theres romeo sweet on Lucy, but what happens when things are torn apart will Licy and Romeo see each other again, and why is Dominic keeping her the way he does. It's full of heartache sadness love violence and just WOW.
Katherine
Sep 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
When you call an author beautifully sadistic, you know their book has touched you, and not necessarily in a good way.

This book broke me, gave me hope, then broke me again. Definitely need tissues with this one. But so worth the read.

So well written and the characters are diverse not only in their points of view but in the charteristics that make them who they are.

Beautiful
Book Lovers  Down Under
Sep 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I’m not a dark romance girl but holy shit I loved this. First book I’ve read by this author and it won’t be my last. Thanks. Hope you all enjoy NeverLand as much as I have. Thanks.
Rhonda Ziglar
Sep 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 CRUSHING STARS!! OMG....OMG....OMG, This book has crushed me, I can't believe what I just read. I would give this book 6 STARS if I could, it will stick with me FOREVER. You know how you read the same types of stories all the time....Well Melissa Jane switches it up, for us readers.
All I can say is read this book, so make sure to 1-Click NOW.
Celeste
Sep 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
see full review at Beyond the Covers Blog on Goodreads and check us out on Facebook
Kaylene Osborn
Sep 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely awesome book, loved the way the author crafted this story. Excellent read.
She's a Lip Biter
Oct 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Multiple Reviews Below

5Stars
Right from the beginning reader’s are warned that this is a dark story and it is! But it is so much more, it is darker than night, more evil than the worst sin and an absolutely sensational adventure.

Lucy doesn’t have an easy family life with a drunken, violent father and a mother who stays accepting the abuse instead of leaving and supporting herself and her daughter. Lucy and Romeo are the best of friends in high school but bully Dominic, two years their senior, set
Alexandra
Oct 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Five délirant stars! This book is a dark thriller and it is EVERYTHING. Highly recommended!

Dear Lord has mercy of my soul because I have lost it while reading this book. My heart is hurting like a bitch, tears wet my cheeks and my mind is blown away. How may I recover after reading such an intense, dark and emotional thrill ride? Damn it! Neverland by Melissa Jane played with my mind in a twisted way that left me breathless. I’ve never seen it coming. It was a direct punch to my feelings. I don
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Melissa Jane is an Aussie author who writes about Alpha men and strong heroines no matter the adventure.

When she isn't writing, Melissa spends time with her husband and little Yorkie, Pocket.

Friend or like me on Facebook to stay up to date with releases

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/authormelissajane