Start by marking “Runaways vol. 1: De vuelta a casa” as Want to Read:
Runaways vol. 1: De vuelta a casa

Runaways vol. 1: De vuelta a casa

(Runaways (2017) (Collected Editions) #1)

El grupo original de Runaways ha vuelto. Nico, Karolina, Molly, Chase, Compasión y... ¿Gert? El corazón del equipo murió hace mucho tiempo, pero ahora se dispone a volver, en una serie que te sorprenderá y romperá tu corazón, escrita por la superestrella literaria Rainbow Rowell (Eleanor & Park). ...more
Published August 16th 2018 by Panini (first published May 1st 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Runaways vol. 1, please sign up.
Jennifer I think that you can easily read this without having read any of the previous books. I was completely unfamiliar with the Runaways, but wanted to read…moreI think that you can easily read this without having read any of the previous books. I was completely unfamiliar with the Runaways, but wanted to read this because of Rainbow Rowell. They tell you enough of what happened previously that it is easy to follow.(less)
Jess It continues after the end of Kathryn Immonen's run actually and picks up plots dangling from Avengers Arena, Avengers A.I., Avengers Academy, Vision …moreIt continues after the end of Kathryn Immonen's run actually and picks up plots dangling from Avengers Arena, Avengers A.I., Avengers Academy, Vision and couple of other books where Runaways characters have appeared since the series ended. (less)

Start your review of Runaways vol. 1: De vuelta a casa
Anne
I read the first few volumes of the original Runaways, and then for random reasons I can't really remember, never finished it out. Cool concept, though.
Anyway. My point is that I really didn't know the characters well, and had no idea how that run ended. So, when I saw that there was a new run starting I kind of wondered if I'd be able to keep up.

description

The short answer is yes.
While I'm sure I would have gotten more out of Find Your Way Home if I had been a longtime reader of these guys, I felt as thou
may ❀
Jul 26, 2017 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Rainbow Rowell was literally the author that got me into YA contemporary. Fetus me identified as Rainbow Rowell Trash™ and i will not let //her// down

g i m m e !

Philip
4ish stars.

The original run by BKV and Adrian Alphona is one of my favorites, and was so meaningful when it first came out. It's always kind of scary seeing characters I love at the mercy of a different writer. I guess if there was anyone who could find a way to give life to these guys in the way they deserve, it would be Rainbow Rowell. She does a good job tapping into their personalities and hearts while also bringing them into 2018.

It takes more than enjoyable characters and a knack for dialo
David Schaafsma
Runaways, created by Brian Vaughn and continued by many others, was a hugely popular hit in the early 2000s, and for good reasons; it featured young disaffected people trying to use their powers for good, and they spoke with Vaughn's trademark snark. The series ended with a fairly convincing bang which I won't specify, in case you wanted to go back and sample, if you are intrigued about the series.

So, as with any superhero series, in order to revive it, we need to "revive" a key character. That
Warda
Jul 26, 2017 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
You had me at Rainbow Rowell. It's about time we got something! 😍
Chad
Aug 29, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rainbow Rowell takes a "Let's get the band back together" approach to the first arc. Over the last few years the Runaways have been split up with Nico and Chase heading first to Avengers Arena and then Nico joined A-Force for the brief time it was a thing. Meanwhile, Victor was hanging out with his brother in Avengers A.I. and [book The Vision|27163019]. Now it's two years later and we visit where all the Runaways are now in their life. Rowell, a YA writer, is very good at writing teenage dialog ...more
Emma
Sep 16, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm going to be honest and admit that I did not realize this was a sequel, I thought it was going to be a retelling. Even though I did not read the original Runaways comics I think I pretty much got the gist of it. This volume was pretty explanatory and it did a very good job of introducing the main characters and the backstory. It definitely set the ground for what's to come, I can't wait to read more!
Razan
good start !
Not so sure about the art style though , but i love the concept! And it's Rainbow Rowell so i'm sure the story will be fun !
Clem (the villain's quest)
3.5/5

Instagram | youtube

description

Cute and fun. One of the good marvel comics WITH Rainbow Rowell. Can’t complain there.
James DeSantis
Jul 04, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Runaways is finally back!

So I'll be honest. After the first arc of Runaways, nothing ever reached the same heights. I kind of accepted that. However, when Rainbow Rowell came on the scene she said she really loved the original and wanted her series to fit in no problem. Did she succeed? Well you can see my ratings.

So the runaways have gone their own ways. Two years later since the tragic events the team is begining to come back together. This mostly because Chase makes a insane choice to go ba
sofia (sam willows)
omg I just noticed this comes out on my birthday !!! what did I do to deserve this
Rue
Mar 01, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
IMG-20200302-130921

<RCO018-1582403787
They are back!!!
Robert
Jul 17, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Those Looking to Runaway, Runaway from the Everyday (and Find it Nonetheless)
Shelves: marvel
I felt this was good, but in the same sense that Thanksgiving leftovers are good- they hearken back to the quality of the original, and taste familiar with all the same ingredients, while never quite matching it.

I guess Rainbow Rowell and the Marvel editorial staff were in a bind here- one of the things I found endearing about the original run was how the line-up could and did vary over time, and that (in spite of a copious dose of Timey Whimey business and even some wannabe deities) the dead ge
Rod Brown
I enjoyed Brian K. Vaughan's original Runaways series, but have been disappointed by appearances of the characters since he left the property.

Rainbow Rowell tries to convince me that there's a reason to get the band back together for this new iteration, and damned if she doesn't pull it off. I enjoyed this first volume and am looking forward to the next.
Nancy
Apr 27, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels
This review can also be found on my blog: https://graphicnovelty2.com/2018/04/2...

Rainbow Rowell and Kris Anka bring the Runaways back together in this promising re-boot!

When I first read the original Runaways by Brian K. Vaughan and Adrian Alphona I said, “Geared towards teens, this graphic novel perfectly captures children’s angst towards their parents and their thoughts of how they will be better than them and their wicked ways.” I thought the premise of the story was fun and fresh and would
Em
May 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'll be honest, I love Rainbow Rowell's work, but I went into this trade with low expectations. Here's why:

Brian K. Vaughn's Runaways is one of my all-time favorite comic series. I only discovered them last August, and when I did, I devoured the forty-plus issues as fast as I could get my hands on them. I adored it because it focused on the characters. Yes, there was a lot going on between super powers, superheroes, and super villains, but at its core, it was a story about these teenagers who we
Becky
Apr 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mara
May 26, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Ah wow, this did a terrible job of reintroducing the characters and story to new readers. The paneling was all over the place and the dialogue pretty boring most of the time. Not sure I'll continue, but let's see. The artwork is what saved it.
Renata
(read as single issues)

I love Rainbow Rowell, I love the Runaways, I love telepathic cats, soo

I do feel like this volume had a lot of heavy lifting to do in order to get everybody reassembled, so like...I enjoyed this a lot on its own merits but I'm more excited about what can come next!
Chris Lemmerman
[Read as single issues]
Runaways is a property that Marvel haven't had much luck with since the original Brian Vaughan & Adrian Alphona runs on the characters. Most of the characters have dispersed out into other series, while others have fallen into obscurity. It seemed like, even with a TV show on the horizon, that Marvel were happy to let them languish. And then along came Rainbow Rowell and Kris Anka, two creators with a momentous task ahead of them that they both rise to fantastically.

In her
Sheila Beaumont
Loved it! It had been a long time since I read the earlier series (and I'm not sure I read them all), so I wondered if I'd be able to follow the story. No problem! The author includes plenty of background, so even those who have never read the series before can understand what's going on. It's all very well done, with excellent storytelling, dialogue, and artwork.
Rory Wilding
Aug 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
First conceived in the early 2000s by Brian K. Vaughan and Adrian Alphona, Runaways focused on a group of teenagers who ran away from their homes upon discovering the super-billion of their parents, who are known as "the Pride". Throughout the original run that ran for 48 issues, the two aforementioned creators told a terrific adventure that gave a unique youthful perspective to the Marvel universe. As it is published by Marvel, the title continued with subsequent writers and artists putting the ...more
Rowie
Aug 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: english, comics-manga
Rainbow Rowell has often been called the 'queen of dialogue'. With Runaways: Find Your Way Home she proves yet again she deserves this title. Not only is it snappy, it also makes you instantly feel for the characters. Leave it to Rainbow Rowell to make a comic about a pet dinosaur, a cyborg, time traveling and evil family members feel relatable.

All Rainbow Rowell needs is a few sentences to make you feel something. She is so good at capturing moments everyone has felt before and this comic is no
Obelina Wang
Not a strong 3 stars but it’s around there. I started reading Rainbow Rowell books in 2014 and to date, I’ve read every single book she has put out. Current status: patiently waiting for more (Hint: Wayward Son & Pumpkinheads) so thought I would give Runaways a try. Also, I should give up on the whole ‘reading for a bit before bed’ habit because a bit = a whole lot and the next thing I know, it’s 1:40am.)

Let me share a little of what I learned about each of the characters (aka what I enjoy best
C.T. Phipps
Jun 24, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
There's a danger to nostalgia and it's very often on display in comic books. The need to revert Spiderman to his swinging single days (which didn't make the character younger as he went on to be a billionaire CEO among other plots) plus the fact we keep creating new legacy characters only to shove them back into sidekick roles for their original patrons.

Unfortunately, that kind of attitude is all over FIND YOUR WAY HOME which basically seems to have the attitude the Runaways sucked after the or
Eli
Jun 17, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019, marvel-comics
Not my cup of tea, but A for effort, I guess.
Christiana
Is there anything Rainbow can’t write? Pretty impressed how seamlessly she’s sliding into the world of graphic novel writing.
fffrank!
Jun 26, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Runaways are all my problem children, thank you so much, just like Darrow's crew and a lot more. I'm your weird nonbinary relative now. ❤️
Ma'Belle
I've loved these characters since I first read the original series roughly a decade ago. I didn't care as much for the direction Joss Whedon took the team after Brian K. Vaughan passed off his creation. Then, over the years, I'd occasionally see one or another of the characters somewhat involved in another superhero story, which gave me a nice nostalgic feeling. I vaguely recall some big Marvel Event where a version of Molly in the future played a role. Nico was on a team that's mentioned in thi ...more

• Runaways, Vol. 10: Rock Zombies
  • Runaways, Vol. 6: Parental Guidance
  • Runaways, Vol. 5: Escape to New York
  • Runaways, Vol. 2: Teenage Wasteland
  • Runaways, Vol. 3: The Good Die Young
  • Pride and Joy (Runaways, #1)
  • Runaways Deluxe, Vol. 2
  • Runaways Deluxe, Vol. 1
  • Ms. Marvel, Vol. 9: Teenage Wasteland
  • Hawkeye: Kate Bishop, Vol. 3: Family Reunion
  • Magnificent Ms. Marvel, Vol. 2: Stormranger
Rainbow Rowell writes books. Sometimes she writes about adults (ATTACHMENTS and LANDLINE). Sometimes she writes about teenagers (ELEANOR & PARK, FANGIRL and THE SIMON SNOW BOOKS.). But she always writes about people who talk a lot. And people who feel like they're screwing up. And people who fall in love.

When she's not writing, Rainbow is reading comic books, planning Disney World trips and arguin

Runaways (2017) (Collected Editions) (5 books)
  • Runaways, Vol. 2: Best Friends Forever
  • Runaways, Vol. 3: That Was Yesterday
  • Runaways, Vol. 4: But You Can't Hide
  • Runaways, Vol. 5: Cannon Fodder

Articles featuring this book

The hotly anticipated sequel to 'Carry On' is finally here.