Start by marking “A Life in the Age of Pompeii” as Want to Read:
A Life in the Age of Pompeii

A Life in the Age of Pompeii

Much of the world is aware of the tragedy that befell Pompeii in 79 AD. An eyewitness report details the eruption of Mount Vesuvius in letters from Pliny the Younger to the historian Tacitus. Even with this recounting set to paper, Pompeii faded out of history to become little more than myth.

In the late 16th century, Pompeii’s ruins, and those of her sister city, Herculan
Published August 23rd 2018

To ask other readers questions about A Life in the Age of Pompeii, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Life in the Age of Pompeii

Bruce Weitzenhoffer
Feb 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow, Charline Ratcliff has done it again. After I read her first book, "The Curse of Nefertiti", I was excited to read more books by her. And now I enjoyed "A Life in the Age of Pompeii".

Ms. Ratcliff has an amazing ability to write fiction while weaving in 100% accurate history.

The technique that Ms. Ratcliff uses in writing this book are clever and engrossing. The writing is easy to read and happily quick paced. If this book were another 500 pages, I would revel in turning each page just so I
Kathryn
When dealing with Goddesses you never want to go against their wishes. Or at least what they think you know as their wishes. Told in a "diary style" this story is about the young girl the archeologists in the synopsis have found. There is tragedy, drama and romance all tangled up in this telling. Some of my favorite parts were of the clay making & the first dinner with the romantic hero.
Paul DiBara
Dec 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
It is 79 AD and Mount Vesuvius has just erupted and not just destroyed, but buried the resort roman city of Pompeii. But in a room deep below the surface a girl has survived in a room that her adoptive father had found for her as a youngster, as a space for contemplation and escape from the hectic life of the busy and loud city. A few short hours ago she was preparing to be married to a Roman soldier who had loved her from the moment he saw her and to whom she had bestowed her own heart. Now, in ...more
Charline Ratcliff
Jan 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Christie Thorsen
Dec 16, 2018
Rosie Crawford
marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2019
Mine is not your typical life’s story. Growing up, my family life, schooling, and lifestyle were anything but conventional, average or predictable. Being tenacious, an avid reader and hard-working allowed me to prevail against the pitfalls of my unusual upbringing.

As a child, my time spent alone in the outdoors brought about a love of photography; for with the camera I can capture countless wonder