Start by marking “The Road Home (Langley Park #1)” as Want to Read:
The Road Home (Langley Park #1)

The Road Home

(Langley Park #1)

4.44  ·  Rating details ·  70 Ratings  ·  50 Reviews
You can outrun a lot of things. The truth isn’t one of them.

Jenna Lewis has spent the last fourteen years lying about her past, but all that changes when a family emergency calls her back to the quaint town of Langley Park. Her plan is to get in and get out as quickly as possible, but things become complicated when she comes face-to-face with her lost childhood love who is
Published September 26th 2018 by Candy Castle Books

To ask other readers questions about The Road Home, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Road Home

S.M. West
Oct 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I fell in love with not only the characters -- Ben, the single day, had me SWOONING -- but also Langley Park. Krista Sandor creates a world with memorable characters, a heartwarming and at times, heartbreaking story with sprinkles of mystery and suspense that keeps you guessing. I was sad to leave Langley Park and can't wait for the Sound of Home!
Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon
4 Cranky Stars

Quote:
"Holding on is believing that there's a past, letting go is knowing that there's a future."

How do you heal from your past when you refuse to acknowledge it? Jenna Jo has never planted roots and never planned to. She loves her job implementing reading systems into schools. Teaching children is her life and she is happy with the way things are until her past finds her.

Ben's past has left him a shell of his former self. He has his work and his daughter, the latter being his sole
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog
What a great story of second chances and self worth!!!

The Road Home is just that: the story of our heroine, Jenna, and the road she travels to find her true “home”. After childhood that left her broken to an adult who never believed she was worthy of happiness or love.

Enter Ben, our hero, and also Jenna’s childhood crush. Ben is closed off as well, past tragedy has made him distant to everyone but his daughter.

As I always enjoy finding new authors to me, Ms. Sandor has been added to my new lis
Spunky N Sassy
Spunky N Sassy Rating: 4.0

~~~~~~~~~~Lindsey's ⭐⭐⭐⭐ Review~~~~~~~~~~

This book was heartbreaking and beautiful. I definitely want to read the rest of the books in this series. I really hope there is a next one.
Chris Bennett
Sep 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WOW!!! This is a fan-blooming-tasting book. It’s definitely worth 5+ stars. The book is about Jenna and Ben. Jenna has a tortured past where she was neglected, abused and moved around a great deal. She’s been running from her past for many years. Jenna now works as a specialist reading teacher and moves from town to town every two years. Ben and his daughter have suffered through tragedy. Ben’s wife killed herself by carbon monoxide poisoning and had Kate in the car with her. Ben was able to sav ...more
Dana
Oct 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What a great story of second chances and self worth!!!

Lauren
Sep 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book started kinda slow for me and felt dragged on in spots. Jenna is struggling with her past and when it comes time to face it she starts having flashbacks. Ben has his own past issues he's not over. These two are hot messes of emotions they dont understand. It takes a while for them to find there grounding and understanding of whats going on with them. When Jenna's mother turns out to be a lying wench it breaks Jenna and she runs thankfully Ben is ready to help fix her. These two do get ...more
Merry Jelks-Emmanuel
Jenna comes from a dysfunctional family and that in itself is an emotional rollercoaster. Tie in the drama of her long lost love and his daughter and you have an epic story that will grip your heart and have you in Jenna and Ben's corner. The story is captivating and intense and brings light on issues that are so much in the headlines today.

Tanya
Sep 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Running away can work but you cannot run for the truth. She is guilty of this and now she needs to go home. She hope it will be a quick stop but it is not going to happen. She bumps into an ex and things may become more complicated. What will happen? Can she really go back to her other life? See what will happen

Natalie Rhodes
Oct 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book! This is a new author for me and once I starting reading I couldn’t put this book down! I loved reading about the characters in the town and how they all were apart of the book. Finding out the backstory and who they are today was great as well! This story was an emotional ride and I enjoyed reading every word of it ❤ Thanks to the author for writing this book and I look forward to reading the remainder of the series 😘 ...more
Kendra
Oct 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
From the first page I was quickly drawn into Jenna's story, her loneliness and emotional pain just broke my heart. I found myself rooting for her and Ben and their second chance at love and a happy life together. Almost a character itself, Langley Park is absolutely enchanting, I just love the detailed description of the idyllic town, from the Botanic Gardens, traditional architecture and more importantly, close knit families and friends. The tension with the suspense plot slowly simmered while ...more
Natasha
4.5 AMAZING STARS!!!!

OH my Jenna and Ben. This story has so many feels in it. I felt so real and the love just poured throughout the story. Jenna has to come back to her hometown and now deal with her past. Her past may also be her future. As Jenna finds herself she finds something so much more. She finds love, a love that allows her to be herself and finally feel whole again.

Ben and Jenna have this chemistry that is off the charts and you just feel like you are part of the story as you read it
Jeanne Richardson
I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and I’m voluntarily leaving a review.

This is the 1st book I’ve read written by Krista Sandor; she has done a great job at writing a good book. I can’t wait to read more of her books.

Brenda Moser
Sep 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A well written book with an entertaining story line. The author brings strong characters in Jenna and Ben , gives them a hot chemistry and weaves an emotional story dealing with some deep issues. The story moves quickly and smoothly and I enjoyed reading.

Bonnie
Sep 29, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great book. A story of a long lost love that you thought was in the past never to be again. Jenna fell in love with Ben when she was 15 years old and Ben never forgot her either. A widower with a six-year-old daughter, Kate,, has been a shell of a man for the past three years since his wife committed suicide and Jenna is bringing him back to life. Best line in the book? “You’re everything I wanted and never thought I could have.“ What a profound loving proclamation every woman wants to hear. Whe ...more
Carol
Sep 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book pulls you in and makes you feel. It is well written, interesting, smooth, and kept my interest through the whole book. The storyline and characters are engaging. I recommend this to all. I received it from booksprout and voluntarily left my review.
Marilyn Smith
Sep 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a wonderful story that pulls you into it and makes you feel good. The town and the people make you feel as if you know them.

Pat
Sep 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I found this book to be a very enjoyable read with the great character and storyline development which kept my interest throughout the entire book! This was the first book that I have read from this author and it definitely will not be the last!
Kimberly
Sep 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The book is a good romance read. The characters are good and likable. The story is a fun, easy, full of emotions read.

Ashley Stevenson
Love Ben and Jenna story it was heartbreaking and beautiful. Sometime it’s hard to let go of the pain and stay with your hard truths but it might be worth a risk to start a new beginning with the one whose make you want something more.
Paige Smith
Sep 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am so glad I took a chance on a new author. The Road Home is a wonderfully written second chance romance that I could not put down.
Catherine Nowak
Sep 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book!! It is one you just don't want to put down.
Dan Hunt
Oct 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ms Sandor has written a book that deeply touches on topics that in less skillful hands would be trite and meaningless. But in her hands these topics are deftly handled in a way that draws the reader in and causes them to think about what they are reading. All of this with with a romance that is deep and satisfying. A wonderful book.

Sep 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A wonderful, steamy romance! Loved the twist and turns of this story! Lots of suspense and surprises!

Lyssa Dawn
Oct 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the first book I have read from this author and it's a great book. I love Jenna and Ben's story: it was heartbreaking. intriguing, and beautiful.
CourtAnders
Aug 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was such a good book. It was full of emotions and the author made it where the reader felt everything the characters did and you can’t help but fall in love with Ben and Kate as Kenna did. It was suspenseful and steamy and I’m continuing to read the series. Highly recommend.
Gretchen Chasse
Book started off dragging a bit for me, but picked up and made me glad I continued. A book about two people that find themselves struggling with their pasts in very different ways. Jenna has always hidden her past and pretended that it didn't matter, until the day she gets a call that brings it all back. returning "home" the face her mother, the last thing she expects is to find love.
Erica
Oct 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This story is more than just a love story. There's a hidden story that kind of creeps up on you with a twist. That's what makes a good story. I fell in love with the characters and can't wait to read more by this author!
Kim F
Sep 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Extremely entertaining, captivating, and interesting read. I could not put it down. Wonderfully written with strong and intriguing characters. I want to read more from this author.

Cassie
Sep 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was such a good book, I had a hard time putting it down. It was a well-written perfect mix of Suspense, Romance, Second Chances and a Single Dad. I enjoyed the fact that Jenna was not dealt the best hand in life but she overcame and was a teacher to be proud of ~ watching her start to open up in Langley Park was like watching a flower bloom. Ben, I loved how he was with Kate, I loved the support of his family and this town...I am ready for more from Langley Park 💕
« previous 1 3 next »
Krista Sandor is the author of the sexy standalone LANGLEY PARK series which readers have dubbed “heart-tugging” and containing “palpable love and pain.”

Langley Park (3 books)
  • The Sound of Home (Langley Park #2)
  • The Beginning of Home (Langley Park #3)