Start by marking “The Road Home (Langley Park #1)” as Want to Read:
The Road Home (Langley Park #1)

The Road Home

(Langley Park #1)

You can outrun a lot of things. The truth isn’t one of them.

Jenna Lewis has spent the last fourteen years lying about her past, but all that changes when a family emergency calls her back to the quaint town of Langley Park. Her plan is to get in and get out as quickly as possible, but things become complicated when she comes face-to-face with her lost childhood love who is
Published September 26th 2018 by Candy Castle Books

To ask other readers questions about The Road Home, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Road Home

S.M. West
Oct 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I fell in love with not only the characters -- Ben, the single day, had me SWOONING -- but also Langley Park. Krista Sandor creates a world with memorable characters, a heartwarming and at times, heartbreaking story with sprinkles of mystery and suspense that keeps you guessing. I was sad to leave Langley Park and can't wait for the Sound of Home!
Coco.V
Jan 14, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebies
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (1/14/2019)! 🎁

Blurb:
You can outrun a lot of things.
The truth isn't one of them.

Jenna Lewis is a liar. A fake. A fraud.

She’s spent the last fourteen years running from her past, pretending she wasn’t the forgotten little girl nobody wanted.

One call is all it takes to shatter her fragile façade and force her to return home to Langley Park.

Buried secrets and whispers of lost love turn her life upside down when she encounters her teenage crush. While neither wants to admi
Nerdy girl
Dec 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was so brilliant, breathtaking and astonishing.
It was filled with sweet moments and suspense. I was so into it and was always wondering what's gonna happen next. There were some unpredictable events which had me gasping.

Loved not only just Ben and Jenna but the whole of Langley park. The moment I met Sam and Zoe I knew I'll love them. AND kate. And Kathy. And Neil. Even the bicycle shop owner Ted😂😂. It was that typical sweet small town.

He pondered her words. “I think I need to put a ‘Keep
Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon
4 Cranky Stars

Quote:
"Holding on is believing that there's a past, letting go is knowing that there's a future."

How do you heal from your past when you refuse to acknowledge it? Jenna Jo has never planted roots and never planned to. She loves her job implementing reading systems into schools. Teaching children is her life and she is happy with the way things are until her past finds her.

Ben's past has left him a shell of his former self. He has his work and his daughter, the latter being his sole
Sharon Mariampillai
This was a cute read. I thought that this story was sweet. I love second chance story and this is a great one. I thought the characters were great, but I wish that I could connect with them more. It would have made them more enjoyable. However, I thought the romance was sweet. I thought that their chemistry was great. The ending was great. I can’t wait to see what happens in this series. Overall, a great read.
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog
What a great story of second chances and self worth!!!

The Road Home is just that: the story of our heroine, Jenna, and the road she travels to find her true “home”. After childhood that left her broken to an adult who never believed she was worthy of happiness or love.

Enter Ben, our hero, and also Jenna’s childhood crush. Ben is closed off as well, past tragedy has made him distant to everyone but his daughter.

As I always enjoy finding new authors to me, Ms. Sandor has been added to my new lis
Britney Chavez
Dec 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Where do I begin with this book!!!
It was such a great story that hooked me right away. With all the stuff Jenna went through in her past with her unloving mother and nasty boyfriend, she tried her hardest to not let love in her life besides her job teaching kids. But a run in with a crush she hasn’t seen since her sophomore year of high school, who she thought didn’t even remember her, changes her way of life and thinking.
With a little drama thrown in to give it a little spice, this love story
Alison
Apr 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a great start to the series & I know it's only going to get better. I'm hooked already!
Ben & Jenna briefly knew each other in high school but always treasured there moment together. When there paths cross again there fate keeps pushing them together but both have to over come there past for a future together.
Spunky N Sassy
Spunky N Sassy Rating: 4.0

~~~~~~~~~~Lindsey's ⭐⭐⭐⭐ Review~~~~~~~~~~

This book was heartbreaking and beautiful. I definitely want to read the rest of the books in this series. I really hope there is a next one.
Beth
Mar 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
book 1. The Road Home
book 2. The Sound of Home
book 3. The Beginning of Home
book 4. The Measure of Home
I am kind of writing a lump review, 'cause i was so super lucky to find this author and be gifted this books for an honest review, right off i am amazed by the book covers. u can read them on KU. I love how u r hopping around instagram and u find new authors ... so many great folks out there. hello!! love that. each book is a standalone, but i enjoyed reading them all together. Love this Langle
Chris Bennett
Sep 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WOW!!! This is a fan-blooming-tasting book. It’s definitely worth 5+ stars. The book is about Jenna and Ben. Jenna has a tortured past where she was neglected, abused and moved around a great deal. She’s been running from her past for many years. Jenna now works as a specialist reading teacher and moves from town to town every two years. Ben and his daughter have suffered through tragedy. Ben’s wife killed herself by carbon monoxide poisoning and had Kate in the car with her. Ben was able to sav ...more
Dana
Oct 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What a great story of second chances and self worth!!!

Lauren
Sep 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book started kinda slow for me and felt dragged on in spots. Jenna is struggling with her past and when it comes time to face it she starts having flashbacks. Ben has his own past issues he's not over. These two are hot messes of emotions they dont understand. It takes a while for them to find there grounding and understanding of whats going on with them. When Jenna's mother turns out to be a lying wench it breaks Jenna and she runs thankfully Ben is ready to help fix her. These two do get ...more
Merry Jelks-Emmanuel
Jenna comes from a dysfunctional family and that in itself is an emotional rollercoaster. Tie in the drama of her long lost love and his daughter and you have an epic story that will grip your heart and have you in Jenna and Ben's corner. The story is captivating and intense and brings light on issues that are so much in the headlines today.

Tanya
Sep 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Running away can work but you cannot run for the truth. She is guilty of this and now she needs to go home. She hope it will be a quick stop but it is not going to happen. She bumps into an ex and things may become more complicated. What will happen? Can she really go back to her other life? See what will happen

Natalie Rhodes
Oct 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book! This is a new author for me and once I starting reading I couldn’t put this book down! I loved reading about the characters in the town and how they all were apart of the book. Finding out the backstory and who they are today was great as well! This story was an emotional ride and I enjoyed reading every word of it ❤ Thanks to the author for writing this book and I look forward to reading the remainder of the series 😘 ...more
Kendra
Oct 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
From the first page I was quickly drawn into Jenna's story, her loneliness and emotional pain just broke my heart. I found myself rooting for her and Ben and their second chance at love and a happy life together. Almost a character itself, Langley Park is absolutely enchanting, I just love the detailed description of the idyllic town, from the Botanic Gardens, traditional architecture and more importantly, close knit families and friends. The tension with the suspense plot slowly simmered while ...more
Natasha
4.5 AMAZING STARS!!!!

OH my Jenna and Ben. This story has so many feels in it. I felt so real and the love just poured throughout the story. Jenna has to come back to her hometown and now deal with her past. Her past may also be her future. As Jenna finds herself she finds something so much more. She finds love, a love that allows her to be herself and finally feel whole again.

Ben and Jenna have this chemistry that is off the charts and you just feel like you are part of the story as you read it
READING4THERAPY
Feb 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jeanne Richardson
I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and I’m voluntarily leaving a review.

This is the 1st book I’ve read written by Krista Sandor; she has done a great job at writing a good book. I can’t wait to read more of her books.

Brenda Moser
Sep 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A well written book with an entertaining story line. The author brings strong characters in Jenna and Ben , gives them a hot chemistry and weaves an emotional story dealing with some deep issues. The story moves quickly and smoothly and I enjoyed reading.

Bonnie
Sep 29, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great book. A story of a long lost love that you thought was in the past never to be again. Jenna fell in love with Ben when she was 15 years old and Ben never forgot her either. A widower with a six-year-old daughter, Kate,, has been a shell of a man for the past three years since his wife committed suicide and Jenna is bringing him back to life. Best line in the book? “You’re everything I wanted and never thought I could have.“ What a profound loving proclamation every woman wants to hear. Whe ...more
Carol
Sep 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book pulls you in and makes you feel. It is well written, interesting, smooth, and kept my interest through the whole book. The storyline and characters are engaging. I recommend this to all. I received it from booksprout and voluntarily left my review.
Marilyn Smith
Sep 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a wonderful story that pulls you into it and makes you feel good. The town and the people make you feel as if you know them.

Pat
Sep 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I found this book to be a very enjoyable read with the great character and storyline development which kept my interest throughout the entire book! This was the first book that I have read from this author and it definitely will not be the last!
An easy and enjoyable read. I thought the character development was great. You do start to care about them and what happens to them. The points of conflict in the story wrapped up a little too quickly at the end. I am open to reading more of the books in this series.
Kimberly
Sep 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The book is a good romance read. The characters are good and likable. The story is a fun, easy, full of emotions read.

Ashley Stevenson
Love Ben and Jenna story it was heartbreaking and beautiful. Sometime it’s hard to let go of the pain and stay with your hard truths but it might be worth a risk to start a new beginning with the one whose make you want something more.
Paige Smith
Sep 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am so glad I took a chance on a new author. The Road Home is a wonderfully written second chance romance that I could not put down.
Catherine Nowak
Sep 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book!! It is one you just don't want to put down.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Royal Tease (Royals United #1)
  • Daylight Follows
  • Hardwired
  • Knocked Up by the Other Brother
  • Lucky Christmas (Possessed Series book 4)
  • Never Say Never
  • Faith (SEAL'ed, #5)
  • Love Reimagined (Kings Grove Book 2)
  • Playing for Keeps (Indianapolis Eagles, #3)
  • Bad Reputation (Bad Bachelors, #2)
  • Cabin 12 (Rock Point, #2)
  • Lies (Deceit and Desire Book 1)
  • Logan (Denver Royalty #1)
  • A Kiss Beneath the Stars
  • An Unexpected Love (Hudson Brothers PI, #1)
  • Defying Gravity
  • I Hate You, I Love You
  • Thirsty (Eastside Brewery, #1)
Krista Sandor writes steamy contemporary romance with toe-curlingly hot heroes and heroines you'll want as your best friends.

Langley Park (5 books)
  • The Sound of Home (Langley Park #2)
  • The Beginning of Home (Langley Park #3)
  • The Measure of Home (Langley Park #4)
  • The Story of Home (Langley Park, #5)