Start by marking “Fate and Fortune” as Want to Read:
Fate and Fortune

Fate and Fortune

(Fate and Fortune #1)

Bryce has liked Paige since they were little but has never had the guts to act on his feelings. Paige is devastated over being dumped by her long-time boyfriend and can’t seem to move on. They’re stuck in a rut, until fate decides to pull them out.

Both Paige and Bryce are talked into seeing a fortune teller at the annual Summer’s End Carnival. Neither of them buys into t
Published September 20th 2018 by Bluefields

To ask other readers questions about Fate and Fortune, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fate and Fortune

Start your review of Fate and Fortune
Aimee (Getting Your Read On)
How cute are these books?! SO cute. And what a clever idea by the author! I loved everything about this two part book series. The characters were so well defined and individual. Their personalities were strong and I felt like I knew each one of them. The whole story played out just like a movie in my head. I LOVE when that happens.

The first book is about Paige and Bryce. Bryce has been loving Paige since he was little and has never acted on it. The book is told in the alternating views of Bryce
Jan 30, 2019 rated it liked it
Paige has just spent all summer moping about following a break up with her first boyfriend, Jason. She returns to school and has to face him and the girls he dated over the summer. Her friend, Bryce, agrees to pretend to be her new boyfriend to make dealing with Jason easier. Only, Bryce has had a crush on Paige since middle school and he isn't pretending. Fate wants them together and this fake-relationship might just be the push each of them needs to make it happen for real.

I was enjoying this
Katie W
A genie in a bottle...

What a creative tale! I love a story that can take me back in time, deliver a solid plot, and have strong, lifelike characters. Just so everyone knows, I felt like an honorary member of this group of friends and siblings. I wish so much that I could go back and have such a strong bond with my own sister.

At the end of summer, this group goes to a carnival and most of them visit a fortune teller. The results from that visit had me smiling and swooning, as good friends Bryce
Heidi Robbins (Heidi Reads...)
What a fun ride! I loved this group of friends and their distinct personalities. The dynamics of their sibling relationships, friendships, and romances unfolded throughout the book and I loved getting to know them. Bryce and Paige were so likeable that I couldn't help but root for them to get together. The ways that they were given opportunities to draw closer to each other were fun and obviously contrived- and because Paige and Bryce suspected someone was behind it all and not buying into the m ...more
Andrea Ahn
Jan 04, 2019 rated it liked it
This was a cute, light, predictable read.

Boy likes girl - girl gets boyfriend - boyfriend breaks up with girl - boy becomes "fake" boyfriend to make ex jealous - girl starts to actually like boy - girl and boy become "real" boyfriend/girlfriend.

Then add some "magic" with a genie and a note in the bottle and you got yourself the entire book.
Mylissa Demeyere
Aug 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved this one. Daniels delivers her usual funny, witty banter with a touch of magic. Enjoyed beta-reading it so much, I read it twice!
 CCAM&GZM
Nov 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
OMG, this story totally rocks! – yes, yes already I found out that a parent shouldn’t use these words in front of their kids (aka in public?), but I couldn’t restrain myself 😉 It was quite a while since I gave 5 stars to a story… well, actually we have two stories… three...

Better to clear the water here: Fate & Future (nice and meaningful titles) is presented as a stand-alone, BUT, in order to get the whole “experience” you should read also and Kismet & Karma.

I totally liked the author’s approac
Suzie Waltner
Nov 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Paige has spent the summer mooning over the guy who dumped her. Bryce has loved page as long as he can remember and now’s his opportunity. But how will he tell her?

During the first week of school, some strange things happen to both of these characters. Paige starts to see her friend in a whole new way and Bryce is gaining the confidence he never had where the girl of his dreams is concerned.

I couldn’t help but like this group of friends and family as they joke around, protect each other, and pu
Karen Barber
Jan 02, 2019 rated it liked it
Bryce and Paige have loved each other from afar for years. Everyone seems to know it, they both have feelings for each other but haven’t admitted it.
This book starts with the group heading to a fair. They get their fortunes told, and suddenly all manner of crazy things start happening. Messages in a bottle with poems, and a genie granting wishes.
While all this is going on, Bryce offers to act as ‘fake’ boyfriend to Paige. This set-up prompts the inevitable.
From the off it’s clear where this is
Becky
Feb 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Typical love story

This book is about Paige and Bryce. Paige is recovering from her recent break up from her ex boyfriend Jason. Bryce is in love with Paige but she doesn't know it. When their friends accidently land them in it Bryce and Paige come up with a fake relationship. However along the line they come across magical encounters that they think is perpetrated by their friends. Will their relationship be a success or will their friends crumble under the pressure. Who is behind this scheme.
Faith Lane
Feb 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fate & Fortune

I just finished reading Fate and Fortune by Robin Daniels. I loved each and every one of the characters. They had such playful spirits. I loved how first thing in the beginning Bryce told us that he’d loved Paige since they were children, but had never had the nerve to tell her. I also enjoyed all the humor throughout the book.
“Then Jason asked her out first and basically flushed all my hopes down the toilet.” —Bryce.
I’ll be honest, I knew I was gonna love this book right from
Michelle
Jul 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Reviewed for YA Books Central.

Such a cute story.

The Story:
Paige is heartbroken after her boyfriend of two years breaks up with her. Little does she know, one of her best friends has been in love with her since they were kids. But Bryce won't do anything about it and the rest of their friends/siblings are tired of waiting for both Bryce and Paige to realize what they could have. So, they cook up this crazy scheme and it might just work.

What I loved:
These characters are just so darn cute. I real
Kathryn Cooper
Nov 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a fun read full of families, best friends, and teen romance. Everyone in the group of friends had some possible romance happening, but this story just focuses on Paige and Bryce.

The story begins on the first day of school. Paige had been depressed all summer because her 2 year long boyfriend had broken up with her. She tried to hold it together, but her emotions were rough when she saw her ex at lunch with another girl.

Bryce had been her friend for years and had secretly liked her. He h
Kris (frantic4romantic)
Sep 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
I won a copy of this ebook from the author, and I’m so glad I did! It was enjoyable beyond just the love story — which was absolutely adorable. Robin Daniels did such a fantastic job of writing the interaction between the characters that you felt like you were there watching it happen. The camaraderie between the group of friends was so well written it was almost palpable. I appreciate a book that makes me feel like it could have been a written narration of real conversations with real people. T ...more
Jenny Beuerman
Sep 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!

If it says " by Robin Daniels", you need to read it. You will not be disappointed. Fate and Fortune is a prime example of that theory. Daniels writes likeable characters (Bryce, my, lordy *swoon) in a style that so captivates and enthralls, you forget you have work the next day. The little kiss of mysticism brings a different edge to Fate and Fortune that was not seen in her Perfectly series. This book has you wondering is it fate or just good friends. I cannot wait for the next in the
Anette Munther
Oct 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Cute romance

Nice read with likeable characters, but a little tedious sometimes. The main characters seemed a little dumb sometimes, but perhaps that's just because this book catches typical teenage behaviour better than the average YA book ;-)

Also, I didn't like that the book condoned and even promoted violence among the students! It's not cool or romantic when a guy punches another guy to defend a girl's honour! And I think it's sad that this book teaches young readers otherwise.

But all in all
Pascale
Sep 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Super cute story!! I loved it! Fast-paced, clean romance. Fun characters and loads of humour throughout. There will be a continuation to the story but it can be read as a stand-alone too. Not a big cliffhanger ending so it’s not like there’s a huge rush to find out what happens next. However, I can see that the books would have to be read in order because of the characters. I will definitely be reading the next book and I’m looking forward to it. This is a really fun YA read. I highly recommend ...more
Danielle (bookstheoceanandyou)
Alright, so I'm not really sure how I feel about this. I know there's a companion novel. I do. But I'm just not sure if I can bring myself to read it. I really liked Bryce and Paige and I thought they were super cute, but I really hated how short the timeline was. And again guys I KNOW there's a companion novel. I just wish the author didn't leave SO much information out. It would have been nice to get at least some clues to what happened; there's literally so much that wasn't explained.
T. Vang
Jun 06, 2019 rated it liked it
Just Ok

I usually like Robin Daniel's book. But this book dragged on forever. The author usually has a tendency to be slow pace and drag things out and I'm able to overlook it but this time I just couldn't ignore it. I thought it was great until I thought it didnt..I just stopped reading half way and skipped to the end.
Jake Laudy
Oct 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook-reads
I’m Bryce

I enjoyed this book ....kind of on a ya romance kick at the moment. This book was sweet, humorous at times, and not cheesy without calling it self out on it. The bottle and the genie was a nice little touch though
Tammy
Dec 24, 2018 rated it liked it
Cute, sweet romance. There were many characters that were introduced at once. I would have liked more if this series concentrated more on a couple and a little less on what is going on around them with the others characters and their relationships, family and romance wise. Reading #2 next.
Larcy Allen
Sep 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A great light hearted read

This is a great read, but it's hard not to root for young love. Paige is a humble character who from start to finish you'll love.
Kirsti Call
Sep 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Sweet, clean and filled with magic!
Adrienne
Sep 24, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5 stars. Cute teen book.
Momof3
Dec 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was pretty good! The way the author told this story was great, I wasn’t too sure about a genie in a bottle but it’s not all it seems to be. I love books with friends to love romance. I’m currently on the second book and it’s even better!
S B
Aug 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So much fun!!!

This book was fun to read. It was cute and quirky with just the right amount of inappropriateness. I'm eager to see what the second book holds.
Jamie M
Jan 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Awwwww...Still Smiling

Fun and cute and sweet and very entertaining story by Robin! Can’t wait to read book 2 and hear the rest of the story!!
Patricia
Apr 11, 2020 rated it liked it
This story was cute. The fortune telling device was awkward at times. The ending of the book totally disappointed me. It also had the effect that I don’t want to read book 2.
s i e n n a
May 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!!!
Lily
Sep 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
**𝙎𝙈𝘼𝙇𝙇 𝙎𝙋𝙊𝙄𝙇𝙀𝙍!!!**

*𝙙𝙧𝙖𝙢𝙖𝙩𝙞𝙘 𝙨𝙞𝙜𝙝* 𝙄 𝙟𝙪𝙨𝙩 𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙚𝙙 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙧𝙖𝙘𝙩𝙚𝙧𝙨 𝙨𝙤 𝙢𝙪𝙘𝙝! 𝘾𝙤𝙙𝙮 𝙤𝙧 𝙆𝙚𝙣𝙣𝙚𝙙𝙮 𝙝𝙖𝙙 𝙩𝙤 𝙗𝙚 𝙢𝙮 𝙛𝙖𝙫𝙤𝙪𝙧𝙞𝙩𝙚.

𝙄 𝙖𝙗𝙨𝙤𝙡𝙪𝙩𝙚𝙡𝙮 𝙇𝙊𝙑𝙀𝘿 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙗𝙤𝙤𝙠. 𝙄 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙠 𝙞𝙩 𝙬𝙖𝙨 𝙬𝙧𝙞𝙩𝙩𝙚𝙣 𝙞𝙣𝙘𝙧𝙚𝙙𝙞𝙗𝙡𝙮 𝙬𝙚𝙡𝙡. 𝙄 𝙝𝙖𝙙 𝙢𝙖𝙣𝙮 𝙡𝙖𝙩𝙚 𝙣𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩𝙨 𝙙𝙚𝙙𝙞𝙘𝙖𝙩𝙚𝙙 𝙩𝙤 𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙙𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙗𝙤𝙤𝙠 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙄 𝙬𝙖𝙨 𝙖 𝙗𝙞𝙩 𝙩𝙞𝙧𝙚𝙙 𝙖𝙩 𝙨𝙘𝙝𝙤𝙤𝙡 𝙗𝙪𝙩 𝙞𝙩 𝙬𝙖𝙨 𝙩𝙤𝙩𝙖𝙡𝙡𝙮 𝙬𝙤𝙧𝙩𝙝 𝙞𝙩! 𝙄 𝙢𝙪𝙨𝙩 𝙖𝙙𝙢𝙞𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙖𝙩 𝙢𝙤𝙧𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙣 𝙤𝙣𝙚 𝙥𝙤𝙞𝙣𝙩 𝙞𝙣 𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙙𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙄 𝙬𝙖𝙨 𝙘𝙤𝙣𝙫𝙞𝙣𝙘𝙚𝙙 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙗𝙤𝙩𝙩𝙡𝙚 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙜𝙚𝙣𝙞𝙚 𝙬𝙚𝙧𝙚 𝙢𝙖𝙜𝙞𝙘, 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙄 𝙬𝙖𝙨 𝙖 𝙗𝙞𝙩 𝙖𝙣𝙣𝙤𝙮𝙚𝙙 𝙖𝙗𝙤𝙪𝙩 𝙞𝙩, 𝙗𝙪𝙩 𝙄 𝙘𝙤𝙪𝙡𝙙𝙣'𝙩 𝙨𝙩𝙤𝙥 𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙙𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙗𝙚𝙘𝙖𝙪𝙨𝙚 𝙄 𝙠𝙣𝙚𝙬 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚 𝙬𝙖𝙨 𝙨𝙤𝙢𝙚

• One of the Guys
  • Melt My Heart
  • The Wrong Costar (The Wrong Match Book 2)
  • The Perks of Dating You (Perks Book 1)
  • The Wrong Prom Date (The Wrong Match Book 3)
  • Playing the Enemy (The Trouble with Tomboys, #1)
  • The Dating Dare
  • Girl at Heart
  • Playing to Win (The Trouble with Tomboys #2)
  • Love at First Fight (Geeks Gone Wild, #1)
  • Dare You to Kiss the Quarterback (Rock Valley High #1)
  • The Kissing Tutor: A Standalone Sweet Romance (Sweet Water High, #11)
  • Dating: One on One: Eastridge Heights Basketball Book 1
  • Never Have I Ever Kissed My Brother's Best Friend (Never Ever Love, #1)
  • Crushing on My Brothers' Best Friend (Sweet Water High, #2)
  • Kissing the Boy Next Door (Sweet Water High, #3)
  • The Perfect Catch (Kissing the Enemy, #1)
  • 27 Ways to Find a Boyfriend (27 Ways, #1)
The most important thing to know about me is that I'm basically a sixteen-year-old trapped in an adult's body. It's why I feel such a great connection to all of my characters and why I love to write romantic comedy. The kid in me just wants to be goofy. Besides being a writer; I'm a wife, mother of five, volleyball enthusiast and home decorating guru. My list of favorites includes: reading, Christ ...more

Fate and Fortune (2 books)
  • Kismet and Karma (Fate and Fortune Book 2)