Start by marking “Crew (Crew #1)” as Want to Read:
Crew (Crew #1)

Crew

(Crew #1)

3.96  ·  Rating details ·  5,714 Ratings  ·  689 Reviews
To survive where I live, you have two options.

You can be a Normal--a cheerleader, jock, member of the debate team, or on the yearbook committee. You pretend everything is normal.

Or you can be crew.
You insult us? We hurt you.
You hurt us? We really hurt you.
And if you screw with us, we will end you.

My name is Bren.
I'm the only female in the Wolf Crew--the best, fiercest, and
Published August 26th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Crew, please sign up.
Mel Sherman This book is a 3 book series but can be read as a stand a lone. The ending only hints at more to come but wraps up the first book nicely. Book 2 is…moreThis book is a 3 book series but can be read as a stand a lone. The ending only hints at more to come but wraps up the first book nicely. Book 2 is coming Spring 2019.(less)

Alex ✰ Comets and Comments ✰
“You go after one, you go after all. You know the rules.”

description

This review took a while because of the following;
- personally, this book dragged too much and it took self motivation to finish
- I really wanted to like this and I kept forcing myself because I really want to experience the hype behind TIJAN.

______________

Meet The Crew
i. Jordan Pitts
ii. Zellman Greenly
iii. Cross Shaw
iv. Bren Monroe

I nearly had a problem with all fucking four;

i. Jordan was probably the only one I didn't really mind, an
Wendy
7035932._SX540_.png (540×107)

I am not a big YA reader, but I definitely make an exception, when it comes to Tijan's books. "Fallen Crest High" is one of my all time favorite YA series and re-reading them never gets old. I am deeply in love with Mason and Logan ;)

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor in love with both gif

Which is why I was a very happy camper, when I found out, we were getting a new high school series from Tijan !!

Now I promised to keep my review spoiler-free, so I won't be going too deep into the storyline. What I will say, is that I was very pleasantly surprised b
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

A slow burn best friends to lovers romance, all the feels ✔ all the angst ✔ all the High School drama at it's best ✔ Hot hero ✔ Rival gang wars ✔

CREW: Is the first full-length, young-adult book, in the ‘Crew Series’ by Author Tijan.

This story is told solely from seventeen year old Bren's perspective, Bren is not your typical heroine she’s attending her last year of high school at ‘Roussou High’ the only girl in her ‘Crew’ a band of misfit friends that have each others backs no matter what.
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★

COVERGASM! And it’s Tijan!

Book 1
Blurb:
To survive where I live, you have two options.
Or you can be crew.
You insult us? We hurt you.
You hurt us? We really hurt you.
And if you screw with us, we will end you.
My name is Bren.
I'm the only female in the Wolf Crew--the best, fiercest, and most dangerous crew there is--and we have a rule: There's no falling in love.
Well...
Tijuana *Book Twins Reviews*
Tijan did what she does best…penned a compelling Young Adult book. The drama and angst are provided by beautifully flawed and complex characters.

Here’s what you get:
An amazing start
Slowburn love story
Amazing chemistry
Complex characters
A dramatic storyline
The blurb and cover are to die for

The main characters are intricately constructed. Bren is such an enigma. A glorious question mark mired in unspoken grief. Peeling back her layers was such a treat. The psychology of the characters was AMAZING.
Jemima
Aug 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
PSX_20180827_134643

Title: Crew
Author: Tijan
Genre: YA

~ ARC KINDLY PROVIDED IN EXCHANGE FOR AN HONEST REVIEW~
I dropped everything I was doing to read Crew. And I think a lot of people who read Tijan's work would agree that they do the same thing.

I'm addicted with Tijan's books and Crew was no different.

Without giving away spoilers, I will insist you read Crew.
A slow burn friends to lovers romance shrouded with rawness, a book that will put you at the edge of your seats.

Fans of the The Fallen Crest series will get to

Corina☞BookTwinsReviews
TIJAN is an author I’ll will always drop everything and anything for a chance to read her latest book. And CREW was one hell of a raw and gritty rollercoaster ride.

I didn’t know what CREW really was about, I just new it was written by TIJAN and that was enough for me. I love her writing style and have been a fan of her work for years now. Going through all of her books, I would say CREW is one of her grittier and darker YA novels.

The emotional tension was high throughout the entire book. It was
Namera [The Literary Invertebrate]
Ridiculous book.

Look, I've been with Tijan since her FictionPress days; I know she has a formula - namely, the manwhore hero, OTT drama, tons of slut-shaming, teenagers acting like they're in their twenties at least. Sometimes the formula works.

This time it didn't.

The OW presence was through the roof. The hero, Cross, has an on-again/off-again girlfriend for at least the first third of the book (that's as far as I got). He however doesn't just have sex with her - as the heroine, Bren, muses to
Bibi
Sep 19, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: why
🙄
Sophie "Beware Of The Reader"
Aug 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 stars

This is NOT a Fallen Crest 2.0 yet it has Tijan’s signature all over!

You might think it’s Fallen Crest’s twin because:

-You get some characters from Fallen Crest beck Heather and Channing;

-You have characters still in high school and it’s “us against the world”;

-The female MC is thin has brown hair and is closed off…does it remind you of someone?

-You get alpha heroes pissing farther than the other alphas from other packs meaning they are bigger and badder;

BUT

-The kids are poor in Rous
Jen
I really wanted to love this one, and was very eager to read it...however I have to admit that I was somewhat disappointed with the story as a whole. I didn't hate it, and I might even give the next book a chance..( when it comes out!!) but I can say that I am not waiting on the edge of my seat for the next installment.

I have tried to think about why this didn't wow me, and I think what bothered me the most about the story was "The Crew" itself. Considering this book was 500 pages, I felt that I
Mindy Lou's Book Review
I pretty much devoured this book. I love Fallen Crest High, so Crew already started on the right foot by being from the same world. I did have one complaint about FCH and it was like the author was reading my mind and gave me what I wanted in Bren.

I always wanted Sam to fight back more with the mean girls. Bren did exactly that. I loved that she was feared. I loved that she always stood up for herself. I loved the loyalty she felt for her crew and a select few outside of her crew. I just like r
April
Sep 09, 2018 rated it liked it
⭐⭐⭐

This was a VERY slow burn romance. Once you get to the romance portion of the book the two characters go from best friends to lovers it gets pretty intense for high school.
I like the idea of a Crew, friends who have your back on everything even when you’re about so do something wrong. I really liked that the author showed this group working through their disagreements as well as having fun with each other. There were parts of the story that dragged and I felt like those parts could have been
Terri Lynn
Aug 27, 2018 rated it it was ok
I am glad I one clicked the E-book. If I would have bought the paper back, I would of played a "Bren" and cut that bitch to pieces!

54 Chapters, Epilogue.
When I saw advertisement for,"Crew" I was so anxious for the release. The blurb automatically drew me in. After devouring Fallen Crest High series and loving it, except for the ending I couldn't wait to read, "Crew."

"You and Monica break up again?" She was his on-again, off-again girlfriend, but I knew they gotten back together on Friday.
> I
Ashley Mayer
Aug 28, 2018 rated it did not like it
This book is titled "Crew." They are in a crew. They are crew. They do this or that because they're crew. They're tough because they're in a crew. He's my crew. She's my crew. Seriously, if there was ever a word overused it's in this book and the word is crew. I feel like I wasted my time on this one. All the times the author mentioned the 'crew' and there was never an explanation on why they were needed. It just read like a bad version of a high school wannabe mafia book.
CaRo
Sep 14, 2018 rated it it was ok
Hmmm that is a hard one. I have a lot of issues with this story. First things first we have a friends to lovers couple with zero chemistry. I didn‘t even got that these Two are the main protagonists... we have the usual bullshit with he had to wait for her to be ready, really so all the fucking you did was a hardship durin your waitin? SURE.

And while in the fallen crest series the troubled girl with the temper issues worked in this book it just feels some repeated bla bla. Another question why
Sep 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: really-good
I loved this. I was a bit worried going in that it would feel too much like Jaded—which I didn't really care for—but it didn't. Not at all. Bren was great. It had a FCH vibe but with a different, totally awesome story. Loved all the side characters. I pretty much just loved everything about it and can't wait for the next instalment.
Candace Tidwell
Aug 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
How to start this review?! Tijan is one of my favorite authors so I may be a little biased when I write this. Sorry honesty is my policy. When it comes to Tijan's books....I'm cookie monster with a jar of cookies! It may be funny but it's not pretty.
Crew.
I knew it would be good, duh, but it surpassed good and (in the words of my 14 year old) it became epic. A new series has been born! Get ready to laugh, prepare for the mischief and brace yourself for the ugly. Just be sure that if you have kid
Bookgasms Book Blog
Aug 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Gahhh!!! Reading a Tijan book is akin to opening a present on Christmas - everything she writes is a gift!! Crew brought me back to the feelings I got when I first experienced Tijan. The consuming need to devour every page along with the desire to slow down and
savor. I.LOVED.THIS.BOOK!!!! HOLY CRAP IT WAS EVERYTHING.

Without giving any spoilers I can honestly say this book was one of the BEST books Tijan has ever written. IT WAS FULL OF AMAZING SURPRISES and a storyline that was just mindblowing
Steffi De Ceuster  ♥
So good

I'm a very loyal person so I understand Crew! If we had that here I woul be in one!
The only minor thing for me personally was that it took a bit before the romance started.
But it was so so good!
Michelle
DNF at 53%
I was really excited that we were getting another series from Tijan but this book didn’t excite me. I’m glad others loved it but it isn’t working for me. Time to move on:(
Polly
Sep 03, 2018 rated it it was ok
I honestly just don't get it. From her internal monologue being some sort of dragon fly, to having no idea what "crew" was, i was confused.

The word crew was mentioned a million times and I'm thinking it may be a prison gang but in a high school?

Also the story really isn't done so I'm def peacing out of this series.
Karen Mc
Aug 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing

I had no idea what to expect or what I’d get with Tijan’s latest sensation, Crew. The thing is that you don’t know what you’ll get when Tijan brings books to life as each one is daringly different. I like the mystery of the unknown. So . . . the blurb? I didn’t even read it. I dove into this book blindly so I could just feel the words. Oh did I feel! Crew hit like a sucker punch—fast, fierce, and furious! Crew ’s words were bombs that made my emotions explode. Dark. Dangerous. Divine.

One line w
Jacqueline's Reads
Sep 13, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: ku
3 That was a really LONG book stars …

Where do I even begin? I at first was confused by the cover and thought it was a Fallen Crest novel, but it’s a spin-off. Also I was wondering if this book was even written by Tijan because I will say, there was ZERO romance for the first half of the book.

Look, I like young adult books. I like the rowdy crowds, I like the crazy storyline, but the whole “crew” thing… well let’s just say I couldn’t par-take in the Kool-Aid. Is it a gang? No, they mentioned it.
G
Aug 28, 2018 rated it liked it
Meio perturbador. Bren, Cross, Jordan e Zellman são quatro amigos que formam uma crew. Eles operam dentro de um "sistema que segue regras próprias e tem seu próprio código de ética. Na verdade verdadeira, enxergo todos como uns meninos que precisam se sentir importantes e reconhecidos por sua força e coragem, para provar isso eles não pensam muito antes de entrar numa briga. Não tem como generalizar e dizer que eles escolheram esse tipo de associação pq têm uma sob story, pois alguns passaram po ...more
Lisa (Two Bookish Brits)
Aug 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh Tijan you fucking beauty, Crew was everything I hoped it would be and then some. Damn!

ARC Received in exchange for an honest review.

This book, wow...this book was incredible. To say I wasn’t expecting the way things rolled out on this book would be a damn understatement.

Bren, Cross, Jordon and Zellman have consumed my every moment since I started reading this beauty. Their relationship is outstanding, they may butt heads every now and again but they’re family, they’re crew and that kind of
Kara Hildebrand (Two Book Pushers)
Crew is Tijan's newest gem. Tijan never disappoints with her wonderful writing, tough and vulnerable characters and addicting stories. Don't forget to have your tissues handy!

Bren is tough. Her crew is loyal. It's them against the world. She has to learn who to trust and who to love. With the help of her crew and her family she learns the hard way. I loved this story! It's a wild ride and I can't wait for more.
Richelle Robinson
Aug 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Crew is centered around 4 people and they aren’t a gang but they have each other’s back at all times. In this book we are introduced to Bren and she is a very complex person. There are many layers to Bren, cold, closed off, bad ass, volatile but there is a vulnerable, sad and scared side to her as well.

Throughout the story we get glimpses and pieces as to why Bren is the way she is and it really breaks your heart. Bren was a very interesting character to read about and some of the stuff she did
Nicla
Crew was an interesting read. Definitely a story that had me captivated from the first page. I only wish there was a bit more romance.

HEA (view spoiler)
Cheating/OW/OM (view spoiler)
Any push/pull (view spoiler)
Any couple separation (view spoiler)
Angst Level: High
Heat Level: High
Christina Szczepan-santos
Jul 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was super lucky to be able to read this book way early. It is AMAZING!

I swear every book Tijan writes is gold!
New Adult Book Club: Tijan Signed Paperback Giveaway ~ CLOSED! 54 179 Sep 19, 2018 03:03AM
Nicola Claire's S...: Barista Challenge September (Whitney): Crew by Tijan 2 3 Sep 11, 2018 08:11AM
Fallen Into Tijan...: October Group Read: Crew 5 23 Aug 07, 2018 06:29AM