Start by marking “Future Reborn” as Want to Read:
Future Reborn

Future Reborn

(Future Reborn #1)

Two thousand years in the future. The world is a wasteland, but the women are still gorgeous.

Jack Bowman is out of luck and out of money. That is, until he gets an offer to be a part of an experiment for a major scientific research company. All he has to do is get cryogenically frozen for a few years and he'll be rich. What could go wrong?

Quite a bit, as it turns out.

When
Published August 25th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Future Reborn, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Future Reborn

Start your review of Future Reborn
Gareth Otton
Future reborn is a really fun first draft of a novel with a promising concept. I say first draft because unfortunately this book really could have done with a bit more development.

The main structure was there and the concept grabbed me from the start, but a lot of the story elements needed fleshing out. Whether it was characters who were a little one-dimensional, relationships (not just romantic) between characters that grow with very little or no prior interactions, deep emotional moments that
C.W. Ashley
Oct 12, 2018 rated it liked it
It had some promise but the story just didnt really pick up at all. The main character was somewhat interesting but he quickly became a gary stu. No other supporting character made much of an impact and the sex scenes werent very sexy.

Courtney Walker
Sep 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Okay

The grammar needs going over, so does the spelling. For the start of a series this was a good first book. I can see the potential and will be reading more of this series.
James
Aug 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Very good first book in a series.

I enjoyed this book. The MC was a nice change as he was not taking any gruff from anyone. The author kept me engaged with the book and I enjoyed it a lot.
ERIC AYDT
Feb 18, 2019 rated it it was ok
Good concept bad execution

I love the idea behind the story but you needed to grow the characters a bit more rush the story along way to fast. Turn into Monty Hall campaign and yes once again way to short.
clinton n smith
Feb 08, 2019 rated it liked it
Great premise but needs an editor badly

Really liked the idea but there were plot holes you could drive a truck through. They just gave him some clothes they had laying around but then he had armor on when he was fighting, where did he learn to use a sword, first Lasser and Natic were in the party when they left for the oasis and then they disappear and show back up later no explanation. First they had solar panels and then they had to make some from calculators. Plus no battery or even gun
Wolfgarr
Nov 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was really done well. Not too much sex but just enough. The story line was what it was all about. There are some issues with the book however. Honestly though it reads like a pulp action novel.

Greatest thing about this story though is the fact the MC isn't portrayed as some helpless nitwit with less brains then god gave a snail. The author has clearly ignored our society's current penchant for emasculating men and turning them into clueless fembots. Bravo!

Would have been 5 stars but..Like
Jay Collins
Jul 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5 to 4 stars. I liked it for the most part. Some small issues but I kind of liked the MC and the story/plot was pretty good so all in all pretty good read for me.
Iori
Aug 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Well that book was awesome but too short!
Bolajide Adeyoye
Sep 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Eh...

I have this a four because for what it is, it's a very good specimen. As a power fantasy, wish-fulfilment, post-apocalyptic novel, it gets so solid B+ from me. To get the A grade though it needed to be a little bit more, and it just frankly kinda wasn't...I was able to cringe through it when our Joe Schmoe Everyman (with the obligatory military background) went from being slightly cynical and all about dishing out justice and reviving civilization one toppled tyrant at a time...It was
Lisa Hall
Dec 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Where to start? Think broke guy ending up in a time capsule that doesn't get popped open for two millennia and you've got a good grip on this one. The world has gone to shit. Destroyed by a designer virus, several thousand years sees humanity hanging on by its nails and sheer determination in a world reduced to a slivered shadow of its former self.

Enter Jack. Spend a few months in a tube contributing to science, they said. Worth $500k they said. Except the scientists didn't live long enough to
Jon Miley
Sep 26, 2018 rated it it was ok
Originally I wanted to give this a single star, but in retrospect I’m giving it two. The book was bit of a chore to read. It felt more like a stream-of-consciousness outline than a fleshed out and edited novel.
The protagonist spends (or author, rather) way to much time monologing his intentions and rehashing his backstory.
The supporting characters are flat and there is no growth or struggle bringing them to the protagonists ‘team’.
Additionally the plot takes some random jumps that left me
Ryan Cross
Oct 02, 2018 rated it liked it
Not bad kindle unlimited series

Very good book for a voracious reader with Amazon kindle unlimited subscription. It will be a series and is a pretty fun sorry to follow along. Not a good book to purchase as a stand alone or the only book you'll read this month. Characters and plot are pretty straight forward and lack depth at this point... But that's the beauty of a series. The author has time and plenty of angles to turn this into a great plot and flesh out the characters, maybe even come back
Bernard
Dec 06, 2019 rated it it was ok
The plot was great but the writing was not very polished. The author had some good ideas but did not have the skill to pull it off. The author will, with time, develop a great style to go with his great ideas, but he is not there yet.

The writing is unpolished and a bit primitive. As I was reading the story I kept thinking that it was disjointed. There was not a nice even flow.

There were also some issues with the characters knowing too much or too little at critical points. Their emotional depth
Sep 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The best new series I've started this year!

Wow! This is one of those books that has absolutely everything needed to make an addicting story. The action is non-stop, but there is a complex plot to hold it all together. And then there's the fabulous threesome, as pictured in the front cover. Mira and Silk are the perfect heroines to keep Jack satisfied. Each character is carefully crafted and developed as they come together to create a futuristic world lost in time. Daniel Pierce has earned a
David Harriss
Sep 02, 2018 rated it it was ok
Unrealized potential

I liked his writing style, but he needs an editor. Badly.
It became clear that the first few chapters were written after the rest of the book. They are more polished, and contain details and characters that contradict later chapters. The later chapters get formulaic, and the entire work has redundancies and wasted time that I found jarring.

The text was easily read and light on serious proofreading errors.

Lots of potential, but he needs to talk to a better writing group, one
David Stewardsom
May 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Awesome

This is one of the most interesting and great stories about a man who chances upon a new era of the future. This is one of the best series I've had the pleasure of reading in a while it is well written and the story line makes you want the next book in the series. A story of passion and intreage is a truly unique saga about sportsmanship wizardry and the story line makes you want the best for your life.
Cr Rider
Sep 03, 2018 rated it liked it
Good tale for a start.

For a first novel, this was an interesting approach. It felt as though there were some parts that were not completed. What happened to the materials found where Jack was found? They never went back to explore it. What happened to the outpost? Is Jack going to overhaul the city? What about getting justice for the armourer's wife? The information found on the laptop? Maybe if there is a sequel, more will be answered.
Michael  w Hall
Sep 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Mad Max on steroids....without the vehicles

MC is a bad ass marine hard for cash. He sold his body to science for mullah but it all goes wrong. Story cranks up about a quarter of the way through the book and I appreciate the author not throwing In random sex scenes for filler. It's a lot of pain in this story and a nice uppercut near the beginning. Supporting characters have great person with and Mira as a bad ass chick. Give it a try. I know ill be tuning in for book 2
Daniel Katz
Jan 20, 2019 rated it it was ok
It was okay until the end, where they spend quite a bit of time saying how they were going to give an appropriate punishment to the people running or using the dark room (or whatever it was called) and then when it's crunch time, he changes his mind all of a sudden.
Are you kidding me?! Personal opinions aside of what the appropriate punishment should have been for people like that, you can't build up a whole thing only to change your mind at the last second and expect me not to feel cheated.
Stephen Markosky
Sep 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Way better than expected

I wasn't expecting much from post apocalyptic harem, but I was blown away at the level of writing, the intelligent story,and witty dialogue all crafted an engaging adventure. The characters are vibrant and setting vivid. I think I might have found a new author to follow.
Kyle
Sep 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Not what I expected.

I’ll be honest I started reading this thinking it was going to be very meh; couldn’t have been more wrong. It is well written (some grammatical errors but I’ll forgive those) and the story is quite believable. If you’re on the fence, it is absolutely worth the read.
Brittany Sanders
Oct 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Good read

For a dystopian future, harem book it was extremely well done. I enjoyed reading it and was pleasantly surprised when it had more story development than Harem silliness (hint for other harem writers - you still need more than some nerd/geek magically making it with multiple women). Now unfortunately I must wait for the next book. Keep writing Daniel and Thanks
Stephen J. Shepley
Sep 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Good sci-fi

I chose this because the title intrigued me. The story was well paced and had a good mix of genre. The science, action and adult action were speed and blended very well. I look forward to further adventure series of Jack's. I will also look for more from Daniel Pierce.
Kritch
Sep 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
A fun romp into the post-apocalyptic world. Still definitely a wish fulfillment book. I mean come on, the world has gone to shit and the one thing the world do not lack is hot, sexy women?

Still, love this book and the characters are quite interesting. Depending on how the author choose to develope them, I really look forward to reading more about them.

Will be reading future books for sure.
Ronald L Myers
May 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Enjoyed it!

An ordinary man treated with nano tech who finds himself awakening 2000 years in a post-apocalyptic future...a hero who is obviously super confident and capable, bypassing the reader’s angst at each challenge...a welcome change for this reader who identifies closely and suffers with most main characters...I didn’t miss my anxiety at all!
Anthony Bowen
Oct 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great job!!!!

This is a great start to the series. A bit more gritty than many post apocalyptic books. But I enjoyed reading this book. Only thing that you need to keep in mind is that this is definitely an adult book and I'm not just talking in terms of romance either. Overall, this is a great start to the series and I'm definitely looking forward to the next one.
Sara
Sep 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018-booklist
Fantastic

This is a genre that I usually don't read but so glad that I decided to give this a try. The story line is solid and thr characters are well thought out. It makes you think of the "what ifs" of the world. If this happened to us, would we truly survive? An interesting concept and I'm eagerly waiting to see what will happen next. I loved every single thing about Jack, he's our main male character and I can't wait to see what he does with the new world that he wakes up in. It's well worth
Mukkaar
Sep 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really liked it, though it was kind of odd that he adverized all around how special he is. Also when he went to the "black box" I don't really know what he was thinking. Enemy was waiting for him so it's really not hard to shoot someone coming trough door -.-
Ian Denner
Oct 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Excellent

I haven't looked yet after finishing this book but I sincerely hope that this is not just a one-off but the start of an exciting and great new series. I really enjoyed this book and would recommend it to anyone who enjoy post apocalyptic science fiction.

• Centauri Bliss
  • Dan the Barbarian (Gold Girls and Glory, #1)
  • Summoner (Summoner, #1)
  • Cheyenne Magic (American Dragons #2)
  • Lost Pirates: A Gamelit Harem Adventure
  • Rod of the Heart (Celestine Chronicles ,#2)
  • Dan the Adventurer (Gold Girls and Glory, #2)
  • Myth Protector (Myth Protector #1)
  • Metal Mage
  • Denver Fury (American Dragons #1)
  • Morrigan's Bidding (Binding Words, #1)
  • Psychobitches
  • Without Law
  • Dan the Destroyer (Gold Girls and Glory, #3)
  • Summoner 2 (Summoner, #2)
  • Beastmaster: Symbiosis
  • Without Law 2
  • Life Bonds (Binding Words, #2)

Future Reborn (4 books)