Start by marking “Love in the Clouds” as Want to Read:
Love in the Clouds

Love in the Clouds

Rafael Patino has a great life in Rain Valley. He’s a teacher at the high school, has a great group of friends, and enjoys the occasional baseball game. Other than the sporadic call from his drunken mother, he’s pretty content.

He’s also been in love with his best friend Dustin for nearly a decade. Years of keeping those feelings under control are put to the test when they
Kindle Edition, 1st edition, 178 pages
Published September 1st 2018 by JMS Books LLC

To ask other readers questions about Love in the Clouds, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love in the Clouds

Start your review of Love in the Clouds
Cadiva
Aug 31, 2018 rated it liked it
This is a sweet best friends to lovers romance with very little angst and a nice gentle exploration of how it sometimes takes time to see what's right in front of you.

I liked both characters, there's a bit of the usual misplaced fears about losing friendships and not thinking the other man could be interested before they get their act in gear.

There is an odd side plot with a neglected teenager which I found strange as it didn't really do anything much for the overall narrative, but otherwise,
Carra
Sep 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is one of the best examples of the best friends to lovers trope that I have read….I just wanted to put that right up front. It’s one of my absolute favorite tropes, so that’s saying a lot…but I mean every word. I loved these characters, the setup, the execution, and the fact that it was incredibly sweet but also incredibly hot. The story is definitely one I’d classify as feel-good, and these guys had me smiling almost the entire time I was reading.

Both Rafael and Dustin are wonderful
Isabella ~Mikku-chan~

Love in the Clouds was an adorable best friends to lovers story and I liked how the tension was build, how we saw through both guy's eyes how their feelings changed - and how actually both felt the same right from the start.

What I didn't knew - and which was a nice surprise - was the depth of the story with the subplot of Rafael's student, a shy girl named Daisy. I was impressed how well this fit to the overall
ButtonsMom2003
Sep 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: xd-assigned-read
Friends to lovers; a favorite trope of mine.

Love in the Clouds is a good friends-to-lovers story; one of my favorite romance tropes. Rafael has been in love with his best friend, Dustin, for a long time but doesn't want to risk their friendship by telling him.

When Dustin finds out that all of their friends consider them to be a couple he starts looking at Rafael in a new way and soon realizes that he feels something more than just friendship.

So here we have two great guys, who are best friends,
Joyfully Jay
Sep 14, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: sammy
A Joyfully Jay review.

With little angst and a lot of sex, the author plots a story that has some very sweet moments. While this novel had some decidedly weak areas, the chemistry between Dusty and Raf was certainly not one of them. In fact, it was their intense connection that saved this novel many times from falling into just another run of the mill romance. Their fear about losing their friendship was well scripted and believable—after all, when you have someone in your life who
Veronica
Sep 04, 2018 rated it liked it
I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.

Love in the Clouds is a sweet friends to lovers romance about Rafael and Dustin who have been best friends for 10 years. I really appreciated having a romance between two regular guys. Raf is a high school teacher and Dustin is a furniture maker who has a passion for flying. The guys spend the summer fixing up Dustin's plane. I loved the time the guys spent together, enjoying each other's company and falling in love and the
Angie
Aug 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
I received a copy to read and review for Wicked Reads

This was a super sweet love story. Raf and Dusty have been best friends for years. Raf has loved him for years. Dusty took longer to realize he had the best of both worlds with Rusty. The chemistry was goos and I felt like I knew Raf a little more than Dusty but that didn't bother me much. I did like how their group of close friends saw them as a couple way before they did. That's when you know they are good together. I learned wayyyyyy too
Claudia Lezár
Sep 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: gay-romance
PLEASE READ FIRST MY RATING SYSTEM!!!
To my ratings (thanks to amazon I had to change it again and 'upgrade' it a little bit.
My old 3* is now a 3,5* and clicked with a 4*):

5* - very very good and rare (it would be a Blow-Away-book like 'Liberty' from Seth King,
'Save the kids' series from EM Leya or 'Jesse's Smile' from Angelique Jurd), it's like an A+
4* - very good and will be often reread and is a WOW-book with interesting plot and surprises
(like most of Andrew Grey books), it's like an A
Natosha Wilson
Aug 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a sweet read about two best friends not o owing they each had a thing for the other. It is a book about finding your forever. Sarah Hadley Brook did a great job on this book.

Rafael and Dustin have best friends since they was freshmen in college. Not a day goes by that they do not text, talk, or see one another. Neither man would know what to do without the other. Raf has a secret that he has never told Dustin though. He has been in love with Dustin since they first met. He has tried to
Tanja
Sep 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this sweet and charming story about two best friends falling in love. Or it might be better to say they already love each other, but they are blind to see what is in front of them.
Rafael and Dustin have been friends forever and do everything together. Then one day, they see each other in a different light, that they feel more for each other than just friends. It is a slow-burn love story with the men dancing around each other. Everyone else around them sees it, but they are
Debbie
Sometimes, you need a book you can just fall into, lose an hour or two and just READ, you know?? A book that isn't complicated, doesn't have any plots twists, any nutty exes or anything. A book that is far too stinking cute for its own goo and this is such a book!

Rafael has been best friends with Dustin for over ten years, loved him for most of that time, but Dusty doesn't see Raf that way. However, it takes a conversation with their friends to make Dusty see just what their friends see: that
Heather Martin
Sep 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
**Copy provided to Bayou Book Junkie by Signal Boost Promotions for my reading pleasure in hopes of an unbiased opinion, a review was not a requirement.**

Love in the Clouds is a friends-to-lovers story by new to me author Sarah Hadley Brook. Rafael and Dustin have been best friends for 10 years. Rafael has been in love with Dustin for years but kept it to himself out of fear. After a night out, Dustin sees Rafael in a new light but doesn’t say more out of fear.

Dustin gets his pilot's license
Tracy~Bayou Book Junkie
4.5 Stars

Rafael and Dustin met in college and have been best friends ever since, now, ten years later, those feelings of friendship have grown into so much more for Raf. He’s fallen in love with his best friend, but Dusty will never return his feelings, permanently relegating Raf to the friend-zone, or will he?

I love a good friends to lovers and this one was well done. The progression from friends to lovers was smooth. They questioned the move from one to the other just enough to make it
MJ's Book Blog and Reviews
Review by: Jennifer
(3 stars)

Rafael and Dustin have been best friends for what seems forever. They pretty much do everything together, but for Rafael, he would like it to be more. When Dustin asks Raf to help restore a plane that he bought, Raf , the supportive best friend that he is says yes. Raf and Dustin spend what free hours they have working on the plane, while denying the feelings and thoughts that they each have. When will it be too late for Raf to open up about his feelings? Does Dustin
Norelle
Sep 03, 2018 rated it liked it
2,5.... 3.

Lidošanas stuff bija okay. Mazāk, kā es domāju, ka būs, bet still okay.
Galvenie varoņi bija pa lielam okay....
Izņemot tos brīžus, kad viņu loģika bija Gavinlogic līmenī. Pat priekš vieglās grāmatas tā reizēm(ne visu laiku) bija vnk stulba. Īpaši ņemot vērā, ka abi varoņi ir pieauguši, it kā gudri vīrieši, ar normāliem darbiem utt. Nu nevis kkādi pasisti 15 gadnieki.
Vnk tie gavinlogic momenti bija nu tik nereāli.... Like, come on: cuddling in bed, sleeping hugging each other, light
Violet  Marshall
Sep 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
A charming book the writing was good. The plot was entertaining and it was steady throughout the book. I found the story and characters wonderful. The characters were developed and thought out. Rafael and Dustin are the MC’s of this book. There was humor, a surprise party, planes, friends and family, a teacher, a student, a blind date and more in this book.

Here is a quote from the book, “About twenty minutes later, and his white T-shirt clung to him, sweat dripping down his back, his breathing
Becky Baldridge
Sep 09, 2018 rated it liked it
This friends to lovers romance is a quick, entertaining read with almost no angst between the couple. There is a dramatic bit of side-story concerning Rafael's student. That part had plenty of angst and certainly pulls at the heartstrings. In fact, the inclusion of it in this story led me to think there would be a different outcome to young Daisy's story. As it stands, I was a bit confused about the reason for her story unless there is another book coming with her uncle's romance. That aside, ...more
Wendy-Book Lovers 4Ever
While this was a sweet friends to lovers book it was not a favorite for me. The back and forth between the two men drug out, it was slow to get to the happy ending. It was definitely a good book but I wanted more than does he or does he not and will he or will he not love me. I loved all the information about the planes with them working together to get Dustin's new-used plane up to code. I think what was missing for me was great chemistry.
Dara Nelson
Sep 03, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: for-blog
This was a good friends to lovers story. What was missing was the chemistry, the heat, between Dusty & Raf. I never really felt it. There was also a side story about one of Raf's students that felt out of place. Overall good for a firest book from this author.
Jules Lovestoread
Oct 11, 2018 rated it liked it
Probably closer to a 2.5 for me. :/ There was so much that fell short, lots of unnecessary filler, and, honestly, MOST of the second half was sex scenes. I liked Raf and Dusty. They were super sweet, and I mostly enjoyed them, but the story needed some tightening.
Lyn
Dec 31, 2018
Sharon
Feb 03, 2019

• Lucky (Lucky #1)
  • Craft Brew (Trouble Brewing, #2)
  • Better Not Pout
  • Private Charter
  • Crossroads (Skins, #3.5)
  • Darcy (Boyfriend for Hire, #1)
  • Havoc (Tattoos and Ties Duet, #1)
  • Honeymoon for One
  • Safe Place (Rainbow Place, #2)
  • Falling into Love (Family Found, #1)
  • Lone Wolf
  • Professor Adorkable (Domesticated Inc, #1)
  • Christmas Lane (Lighthouse Bay, #1)
  • Loving a Warrior (Loving a Warrior #1)
  • Of Sunlight and Stardust
  • Boy Shattered
  • Stuck with You
  • Dine with Me
Sarah Hadley Brook lives smack-dab in the middle of the Heartland and is the mother of two wonderful young men, as well as two cats. During the day, she works in the nonprofit world, but reserves evenings for her hobby-turned-passion of writing, letting the characters she conjures up in her mind take the lead and show her where the story will go. When not working or writing, she can be found ...more