Start by marking “Someone Knows” as Want to Read:

3.81  ·  Rating details ·  8,641 ratings  ·  1,111 reviews
Bestselling and award-winning author Lisa Scottoline reaches new heights with this riveting novel about how a single decision can undo a family, how our past can derail our present, and how not guilty doesn't always mean innocent.

Allie Garvey is heading home to the funeral of a childhood friend. Allie is not only grief-stricken, she's full of dread. Because going home mean
Published April 9th 2019 by G.P. Putnam's Sons

Win a Copy of This Book

Release date: Aug 06, 2019
    Enter for a chance to win 1 of 25 copies of SOMEONE KNOWS!

Format: Print book

Giveaway ends in: a

Availability: 25 copies available, 5896 people requesting

Giveaway dates: Jul 16 - Jul 30, 2019

Countries available: U.S.

• Friend Reviews

·  8,641 ratings  ·  1,111 reviews

Katie B

Too much. It's like the author threw everything but the kitchen sink into this one. Despite having some problems with it, I still was interested in the story until the last quarter of the book or so. At that point though, it veered so far into ridiculous territory it made me cranky.

I had read and enjoyed a book by the author a few years ago and had plans to check out her other books but never got around to it until now. When the opportunity to read an advance copy of this one popped up,
    Dorie  - Traveling Sister :)
    Sadly this is a DNF for me at 60%. Lisa Scottoline has written some of my favorite books, in particular "Every Fifteen Minutes" was a psychological thriller that I loved.

"Someone Knows" has so many dysfunctional characters that it's unbelievable and that's just the teenagers! One teen is manic with a destructive, abusive side, another is crushed under the weight of his father's notoriety of being a well known pediatrician in prison for pedophilia, one teen is beginning to question whether he is
    Mackey
    I'm not going to leave a full review of this book. I've left my thoughts with the publisher. There are glowing reviews for this elsewhere and you can read those. This is a book about extremely bad, very spoiled rich kids and their egregious parents. This is not about a "prank gone wrong." It is about suicide, murder, extreme mental illness, horrifying incest, pedophilia and more. It made me sick to read it and that was with me only skimming through much of it. I appreciate the fact that there ar ...more
    Tucker

Wow, that was absolutely excellent! I would say it was my favorite of Scottoline's but I've only read two of her books so I'm not sure that statement would be fair! 😂 Even so, this one was a lot better than After Anna (her other book I've read).

Our cast of characters include:
    -Allie, a fat girl who is struggling to find her place among her peers. She is also still reeling from her sister, Jill's, death. She is the main character of the novel and she felt so real and dimensional. Even though they
    Carrie
    Apr 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
    Shelves: edelweiss
    Lisa Scottoline is one of those authors that I have added her backlist to my endlessly long TBR after really enjoying the few newer titles I’ve managed to pick up. Seeing her name across the front of Someone Knows was enough to make me want it but looking closer at the cover I couldn’t help but think my favorite phrase, popcorn drama! and of course with old friends and secrets and lies you get plenty of drama with the suspense.

Someone Knows is a story that starts looking back twenty years before
    Lisa
    A gripping tale of a teenage secret that shattered the lives of five teenagers forever.

SUMMARY
    Allie Garvey is heading home to the funeral of a childhood friend. Allie is both grief-stricken and full of dread. Going home means seeing the other two people with whom she shares an unbearable secret.

Twenty years prior, a horrible incident shattered the lives of five teenagers, including Allie. Drinking and partying in the woods, they played a dangerous prank that went tragically wrong. The teenagers
    Cortney LaScola - The Bookworm, Myrtle Beach
    Someone Knows was good, but not great.

There was a lot of unnecessary words and descriptions in the book... it probably would have been a good 50 pages shorter if the editor had cut all the needless babble out.

I did have a hard time keeping track of who the parents were... I had to give myself a little cheat sheet to keep them all straight.

At the heart of it, it was a good story. Solid 3 stars
    Mary  Carrasco
    Unfortunately, this was not my favorite Scottoline book. There were too many inconsistencies and the ending felt implausible. I've enjoyed many of her books. Hopefully the next one will be better.
    Linden
    Jan 24, 2019 rated it did not like it
    Lisa Scottoline is one of my favorite authors—I gave her last book, Feared, a 5 star review. So why did I dislike this book so much? I guess entitled, privileged teenagers aren’t my favorite protagonists, plus a book with no likable characters doesn’t usually work for me. I don’t think I would have even finished this one if I hadn’t received an advance review copy in exchange for an honest review. But I did finish it, and I really disliked both the characters and the plot line. Needless to say, ...more
    Erin
    I won this in a Goodreads giveaway!

What if your darkest secret wasn't a secret?

Allie Garvey is going back home to the funeral of a childhood friend. Allie's life is a mess because of a dark secret she's been keeping for 20 years. When she was in High School a horrific incident shattered the lives of her group of friends.

Someone Knows sounded so good but it was just meh. Nothing happened. This book was plotless. Even when the "horrific incident" happens its rushed through. I was so bored. Also
    Barbara
    Mar 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    I received this book from goodreads giveaway...
    I have read all of Lisa Scottoline and this so far
    I think was the best!!
    It was so suspenseful and had so many twists and
    Turns..I loved it!!
    So glad I won this book...
    Amy
    Apr 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    Shelves: netgalley
    I know LS has a huge fan base but for some reason over the years I’ve only read one of her books before. This one sounded exactly like the type of book I would like, there’s always something about domestic suspense that pulls me in and this was no exception, and made me eager to go back and check out her other books.

This is told via two timelines, present day and twenty years ago. It opens with the current day and then the majority is told in the past only flipping forward towards the end. One t
    Mary Jackson _TheMaryReader
    Apr 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    Shelves: 2019
    In true Scottoline fashion another book I could not put down. I will say it is not a lot like her other books in that that the twists and turns were not as heavy. I did not however see the ending at all. I am a hard core Scottoline fan and will say I HIGHLY recommend this book.
    4 stars and can't wait for her next book.
    Susan Crowe
    I was really into this book...
    Until the end. I'm sorry, the ending was just so unbelievable.
    Please know that I have loved every book I've read by this author. I always preorder the audiobook and always listen to it in one day.
    This one was just a disappointment. The ending, that is. The rest of the book was as awesome as usual. I'm looking forward to next year's book.
    Marisa
    Dec 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
    By far the best scottoline book ive read....and ive read them all!

This domestic thriller takes on multiple subjects and is told from the POV of multiple MCs. The twists and turns will have you turning the pages and the characters will make you laugh love cry and hope

I loved every page and didnt want the book to end

Hitting shelves in 2019, thanks to netgalley....the publisher and the author for the early read.
    Frank Phillips
    Apr 23, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    This was yet another hit LS read for me!! Every year I look forward to a few select author's releases and auto-buy these releases and LS is most definitely one of them. I put her in the same box as Harlan Coben in that I'm almost guaranteed to enjoy my reading experience with every new release. I've found myself comparing the two authors as their releases usually come out around the same time each year, and I can very confidently say this year LS certainly won the contest for me!! I definitely e ...more
    Dee
    Mar 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    This book was great! There were just enough twist and turns to keep you reading and not enough to lose you. It was a smooth read that kept my interest peaked! One of Lisa’s best! Wow!
    PinkAmy loves books, cats and naps
    ***Thanks to First to Read for providing me a complimentary of SOMEONE KNOWS by Lisa Scottoline in exchange for my honest review.***

Twenty years ago four teenage neighbors convince a newcomer to play Russian Roulette with an unloaded gun. Oops. The surviving teens flee, swearing each other to secrecy and never speak again. Now one of the group has committed suicide and the remaining three return for his funeral, each living a darker life than they imagined.

Lisa Scottoline is hit or miss for me.
    Natalie
    I am a huge fan of Lisa Scottoline and I felt that SOMEONE KNOWS was not her best. I found the start too long with too much time spent on teenage angst. It took a while for the book to gel for me.

Perhaps, I related better to the characters as they aged.

This is the story of 5 people, involved in an unspeakable act 20 years earlier. The survivors are brought together by the death of another one of the people who were there that night. This becomes a catalyst for more deaths and revenge.

I found
    Laura Rash
    Apr 08, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    Kind of 2 books in one with what happens to a group of teens comes to a head when they’re adults. An intense read that has great twists and turns and an ending that leaves you breathless like the end of a roller coaster ride!
    Bren
    So I spent most of today reading this book. It is pretty long.

I knew nothing about Someone Knows when I picked it. I picked it because I have read other Lisa Scottonline books and I loved them. I love this writer. I still love her even though this book wasn't for me.

When rating a book it is tough sometimes. I did not DNF this but I did skim ALOT. I could not get in to the story as much as I would have liked and as much as I have with some of her other books. There are a few reasons for that.

Firs
    Patty
    Dec 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
    By
    Lisa Scottoline

What it's all about...

Teens who live in a wealthy development find a gun. The temptation to shoot it is far too irresistible. So...they don’t resist. The result is a tragedy that stays with them for 20 years. However what they believe was an accident might not actually have been one. One of these “friends” might just have been a master manipulator who became worse with age.

Why I wanted to read it...

I loved this author’s last book and this one held the promise of be
    Deborah Blanchard
    Lisa Scottoline has done it again with this domestic thriller! A supposed accident when Allie was a teenager has left her grief stricken and full of guilt. A lot of this book goes back to her teenage years and what happened then. You must keep reading because it packs a powerful punch full of twists that you don't see coming. The ending is absolutely explosive! I felt like I knew each one of these characters on a personal level. I could feel so many emotions throughout this book. Horror, grief a ...more
    Karen
    I am a fan of Lisa Scottoline's but this book wasn't for me. It felt so far fetched. I didn't like the multiple points of view that kept changing. I did not like or relate to any of the four main characters: the spoiled, grieving sister of a Cystic Fibrosis victim, a rich daughter to absent parents, a sexually confused boy of a rich, hard man, and a rich, spoiled boy of a divorced couple. I just didn't feel the story was believable. I am sure many fans of Scottoline's will enjoy it though.
    Stephanie (Stephanie's Novel Fiction)
    I'm a diehard Lisa Scottoline fan so when she has a new book coming out, I'm eager to get my hands on it! While her "Rosato and DiNunzio" series is my favorite, I love her standalone books and Someone Knows is no exception. Scottoline is a vivid, compelling wordsmith and she certainly uses her expert storytelling talents to great effect in her page-turning newest novel. Be forewarned going in though that there are some dark, serious topics in Someone Knows that might not be for every reader-teen ...more
    Kelsie
    Apr 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    Shelves: ftr-read
    Someone Knows by Lisa Scottoline is fiction at it’s best. This is the first novel I’ve read by this author, but it won’t be the last.

Someone Knows is the story of five teenagers who make a horrible mistake. It’s told through the alternating viewpoints of the teenagers and their parents. Alternating viewpoints can sometimes be tricky, but the author handles it smoothly with chapter headers that make it easy to keep track. The novel begins with a present-day funeral but then tells the tale that b
    Sherri Thacker
    I really enjoyed this book by Lisa Scottoline but I usually do love all of Lisa’s books!! I felt at times I could not put the book down. And there was a twist at about 3/4 through. And what an ending!!! Did not see that coming at all!! Really enjoyed this one.
    Vanessa S.
    I received a free ARC of this book in a Goodreads giveaway.

Synopsis: Twenty years ago, a group of four suburban teenagers play a prank on the new boy in town that changes their lives forever. Now, three of the four teenagers reunite and try to make sense of the confusion and guilt of that long ago summer night. Someone knows what happened that night, but who? How far will they go to keep past secrets buried?

This was my first Lisa Scottoline book, though I own others I haven’t gotten to yet. I en
    Leslie M.
    Let me start by saying that Scottoline is one of my favorite authors, so it pains me to write this review. I had a really hard time getting into this book, and I ended up skipping around a bit, at times. Overdetailing of past events stalled things, especially in the beginning. The characters and dialogue didn't seem as developed as I'm used to reading in her books. The premise was good, but it didn't live up to its potential. While I didn't enjoy this book as much as I'd hoped, it won't stop me ...more
    Book Worm
    Whoa!! Slow down Lisa! There was too much that happened uselessly. The pace could have used some acceleration at the start but then it dwindled so rapidly that we desperately needed a belt to hang on to our seats. The author draws us into dark deplorable secrets that were unsparing and traumatizing right to the unraveling finale.
    Best Seller Book ...: Book for May 2019-Someone Knows 1 4 May 01, 2019 10:48AM

• Before She Was Found
    • Dear Wife
    • After the End
    • The Perfect Alibi (Robin Lockwood #2)
    • All the Wrong Places
    • Unsolved (Invisible, #2)
    • Love Lost
    • Summer of '69
    • The Better Sister
    • Under Currents
    • Swimsuit Body (Cypress Bay, #2)
    • The Memory Journal (The Memory Child #0.5)
    • The Last House Guest
    • The Perfect Wife
    • Beneath the Willow
    • The Last Widow (Will Trent, #9)
    • The Passengers
    • The Eighth Sister (Charles Jenkins #1)
    Lisa Scottoline is The New York Times bestselling author and Edgar award-winning author of 30 novels, including her #1 bestselling, AFTER ANNA. She also writes a weekly column with her daughter Francesca Serritella for the Philadelphia Inquirer titled “Chick Wit” which is a witty and fun take on life from a woman’s perspective. These stories, along with many other never-before-published stories, h ...more
    “He picked up the pace. He didn’t know if he was walking away from something or toward something else, but he kept going.” 0 likes
    “Welcome to motherhood. You’re the safe one to blame. You catch it all. Moms are lightning rods with breasts.” 0 likes