Start by marking “The Wilderness (Lavender Shores, #8)” as Want to Read:
The Wilderness (Lavender Shores, #8)

The Wilderness

(Lavender Shores #8)

Will Epstein had it all—playboy good looks, wealth and prestige, and a gorgeous fiancé to costar with him on a reality television show. But that was years ago, before he was abandoned at the altar on national television. In the aftermath, Will’s world crumbled, leaving him humiliated and lost.
Andre Rivera married his first love and lived a dream life until tragedy stepped
Published September 12th 2018

To ask other readers questions about The Wilderness, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Wilderness

~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
~3.5~

Definitely read the sixth Lavender Shores book, The Glasshouse (Adrian and Harrison's story) before reading The Wildneress. Will, one of the MCs of The Wildneress, is Harrison's fiancé in book 6. He's ditched at the altar by Harrison after Harrison realizes he's falling in love with Adrian.

In The Glasshouse, I didn't feel sorry for Will, who came across like an arrogant, uptight fame whore. He cared more about his five minutes in the limelight than his future husband. But Will seemed to tr
Debra
If you haven't read The Glasshouse, I suggest you do so before jumping into this one as you'll definitely get more out of the story. In that book, Will is left at the altar and his fiancé winds up with Andre's twin brother, so the animosity in the prologue here when a drunk Will mistakes Andre for Adrian is understandable. That night is the start of a strong friendship that has helped both Will and Andre through tough times.

Fast-forward a few years and the two are best of friends, though Will l
Cadiva
Sep 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Will gets a wonderful redemption romance

I wasn't very keen on Will Epstein back in book six, although I did feel sorry for him being left at the altar on live TV

Here Rosalind gives him his own focus and it's one in which I came to understand, and like, him a great deal.

With Andre, I have a few mixed feelings too. I didn't like the anguish he repeatedly put himself through over his actions after he started to "move on".

Some of his comments seemed to be verging close to perhaps unintentional homo
haletostilinski
Ah, what a wonderful story. I was wondering how the author would write Will and if she would be able to make him sympathetic (beyond just him having been left at the alter) - and boy did she. I absolutely loved Will.

He had a few moments of being the fairly annoying Will from book six, but they were pretty rare, pretty few and far between.

When Harrison left him at the alter, it changed Will. He was no longer the golden boy his father adored, because he'd had a scandal happen to him, he wasn't p
Jennifer☠Pher☠
Sep 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
I can't keep away from this series. Seriously. I read them as soon as they are released and this time I had the good fortune of reading it before it was released! Thank you author :)

That being said, my relationship with the series is very rocky. Very.

I am happy to report that this one worked. I liked it. Whew, what a relief because seriously, Will, yeah, I was very nervous about him and his story. I did not like what went down in The Glasshouse, at all so I just wasn't sure if I even cared for
Joyfully Jay
Oct 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kenna
A Joyfully Jay review.

Let me start by telling you I am a big, big fan of the Lavender Shores series. I’ve eagerly snatched up every single new installment and devoured them. To begin, I will say I’m not at all sure if, as a new reader, you should jump into the series at this particular point. The town of Lavender Shores is not very large, but there are a lot of family connections between the five “Founding Families” (that is a story unto its own). From book one, The Palisade, until Th
Ann
Sep 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A beautifully written addition to the series.
This is Will's story. He is run off to hide after being humiliated by being left at the altar on national television. For that part of the story you ought to read The Glasshouse first. Now back in Lavender Shores he builds a friendship with Andre, the twin brother of the man who stole his fiance who is still grieving the sudden loss of his wife from an aneurysm a few years before.
Will grows during the story from a man used to getting his own way and n
Mia Sciberras
Sep 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I say everytime a new Lavender Shores book comes out that it's my new fav in the series & damnit, I'm saying it again! Will & Andre's relationship is a delight to follow, the friendship, hurt, love & their journey towards their HEA.

Once again a recommended read from this author. One of my favourite series.
Natalie
Sep 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars
The Glasshouse wasn’t my favorite of the series but now we get the story of what happened to Will, the poor guy left at the altar on national TV. Reading that book will help make this one clearer, although this will also do okay as a stand alone. Will didn’t come across very well then, seemingly more worried about being famous than actually being married. Afterwards, fleeing to England to get over a man by getting under another (and another), he’s not over it but returns home. Drinking
2shay
Sep 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Review by 2shay..........

This book packed an emotional wallop that left me teary-eyed. This author has a way of weaving words around to make you feel the loss, the grief, the stinging burn of trying to move forward after unbearably sharp sorrow. I shared Andre’s pain. I couldn’t help myself. I cried for him.

Will’s loss was different, but no less profound. Public humiliation, desertion and betrayal by the one you love is just another form of loss...of being left behind.

These two men, Andre and Wi
Molli B.
This was fun! I don't read a ton of romance-for-romance's-sake, and I liked this. It's my first book by one of Brandon Witt's pseudonyms, and I'll definitely read more—perhaps even more from this series! :) I knew this was the 8th book in the series when I went in, and I could tell, as I was reading, that there was probably supplemental information that would have made the story a bit richer for me, but I never felt lost or confused, so I think you can read this as a standalone if you're so incl ...more
Elaine White

Lavender Shores, Book 8
★★★★★
321 Pages

POV: 1st person, dual POV
Would I read it again?: Of course!
Genre: MM, Contemporary, Romance, Enemies-to-friends-to-lovers
Pairings: MM
Heat Level: ★★★☆☆
Content Warning: deals with loss/death, deals with health scare/HIV, and self-discovery themes.

Here's a confession for you – Lavender Shores is one of the only series that I have never found fault with. There are no cha
Teri
This wasn't my favorite. I didn't read the one before this, I have read a few but not in order. I'm assuming Will must have been a large asshat otherwise I cannot imagine that anyone would have wanted Harrison and Adrian together. Will admitted to many issues and worked to change and find himself and who he really was and I liked that. I wish that part had been more actually. It was nice to meet Nick. I think the mothers of these families should take a drunken walk off a pier. My issue with this ...more
JD Crittendon
Dec 11, 2018 rated it liked it
A Chemistry Issue!?!

Personal insecurities, lingering grief and crazy-arse families are the bedrock of the Will & Andre relationship. I must admit this was my least favorite story in the Lavender Shores series. For most of this story, the chemistry was missing between the MCs. I thought Will was mean and harsh toward Andre at the cabin. I didn’t feel the love until maybe the very end.
Cammey Kelley
Sep 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Will and Andre finally get their turn!

From earlier books in this series, we know Will was left at the alter and Andre is mourning the loss of his wife. These guys deserve their HEA and they find just that after first finding what makes them happy as individuals.

A bit angsty, but I love the we are finally seeing a character who’s HIV status is something other than negative. #reallifeproblems.

Recommended.
Dana
Sep 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m
Reviewed for Rainbow Gold Reviews. A copy was provided in exchange for an honest review.

Whenever I start a review for this series, there is always so much I want to say about what I loved, but I don’t want to go on all day. So sometimes, I miss discussing one or two things. As I looked at the title for this book, it occurred to me how much I love the titles; how they are simply a place, but one that means so much to the main characters. The Wilderness, whether it be the area around Lavender Sho
Victoria Smiser
Sep 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
While a new addition to the Lavender Shores is always welcome, THE WILDERNESS is particularly welcome when two familiar characters come together to share their grief, the unfairness when life is changed without giving permission.
Will Epstein, still the gorgeous blond left at the altar in front of a national television audience and Andre Rivera sweet, sexy widower, and single father. As two members of the founding families of Lavender Shores, having grown up with the heritage and expectations th
Grammy 1

Genre: Contemporary Romance
Rated:Mature M/M
Pages:300 pages
Release date: Sept 21. 2018

Oh how special….I am away for theLabor Day Weekend and I have book 8 Lavender Shores with me on a 4 hr plane ride…..I am in heaven because I am enchanted that maybe Will Epstein will have an HEA Man was he ever shamed s Harrison left hi
Debbie
(Verified purchase, Sept 12 2018)

This is book 8 in the Lavender Shores series, and you don't NEED to have read the others before this one. I would, however, probably recommend that you read book 6, The Glasshouse. You'll get a better picture of what Will suffered, and it gives a hint to this book!

Will was left at the altar in font of a multi million viewing audience. Andre's wife passed away. Together, they get themselves through a really tough period. But it's not until Will decides to run clea
Karen Meeus
Sep 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I always love stories where both the MC’s are a bit older and have already lived and loved… and lost, before finding each other. The emotions seem more deeply felt somehow. This book took that to a whole new level.

Will and Andre have both known way too much sadness in their lives. Seeing them finally find love and happiness (again) was wonderful, but not easy. I might have shed a few tears along the way.

These two men were not meant to be friends, and they certainly weren’t meant to be lovers.
A
Cassandra
Sep 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fun Fact: I LOVE REDEMPTION STORIES. When an author can make me hate a character in one book, then has the ability to play with my emotions like putty, making me fall in love with that same character in the next book, it becomes a book that lasts in my memories for a lifetime. Rosalind Abel has done just that.

Just like Everyone else who read The Glasshouse, I easy fell into the trap of disliking Will and blaming him for so many things. We saw a side of him that no one liked and I was blinded by
Christie Howell
Sep 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Will❤Andre

I gave the book four stars, because I loved it and really enjoyed it. But I did have a few lingering questions. When Andre found out Will had feelings. I understand he didn't know and was kinda caught off guard. I just wasn't satisfied with how the situation was brushed over. I thought they should've talked more about how Will was hurting. Instead he runs away...doing what Harrison did to him. Ok I can kinda see how he'd do that, but I thought Andre would at least try to examine it mor
Amy
Sep 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I truly love how this book was written! Rosalind Abel really captured these two men and the beauty that surrounds them. I could visualize every aspect of the places they were by the fantastic descriptions.

Will Epstein comes off as an entitled, arrogant man who was humiliated in front of the world. Andre Rivera has lost the love of his life, the mother of his child and has a hard time coping. These two come together as friends to help heal their broken hearts but never do they expect more than f
Rhonda Newton
Sep 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
It’s always fascinating when an author takes a character who was something of a villain in a previous book and makes them a sympathetic main character in a subsequent book. I don’t remember Andre from the previous books, but we saw an awful side of Will in The Glasshouse. It’s wonderful to see Will develop as he claims his life from his father’s and the town’s expectations and to see Andre eventually recognize that he can love again.

Read at least The Glasshouse first though, since its events are
Sydney
Sep 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Andre & Will

This is the 8th book in the Lavender Shores series. It can easily be read as a stand-alone. You may want to read The Glasshouse (book 6) as it will provide a bit of back story but it’s not absolutely necessary.

This is a bit of a slow burn compared to the other books in this series. It’s also a friends to lovers trope. Will and Andre strike up an unlikely friendship because they have both lost love in their lives. Will realizes his feelings are a bit more than just friendly and w
Dixiecowgirl
Sep 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Will and Andre will touch your heart! All the feels for me!! Beautiful story telling and wonderful writing that bring the characters to life and give them breath.

Both MC's have experienced life and loss. They have a soul deep sadness that gives them a place to bond and grow into friends. I loved how these men let their friendship grow and they were so authentic.

I love their journey allowed them both time to grow and heal and become better men. Together Will and Andre become one of the sweetest
Amor Leer
Sep 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Wilderness is another great addition to the Lavender Shores series.
We first met Will in The Glasshouse (book 6) and to say he wasn't my favourite character is an understatement.
Will was left at the altar. He was an entitled, arrogant individual. How the author was able to totally turn my opinion about a character around so quickly is truly amazing. We watched Will grow as to be the man he was meant to be, rather than the man his father wanted him to be.
Andre was instrumental in Will's growt
Amy
Insanely addictive series

This series of books has been insanely addictive from the moment I picked up the first one. Heartwarming and poignant, this, the 8th book, is right up there with the rest of them. My heart was so sad for Andre and Will, and the drama that surrounds them both. I love that the author does not use the same old story line in each book, but gives each character their own lives to build. And build it they do, with a lots of side trips on the way. That being said, read The Gla
Charity
Sep 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
We first met Will in The Glasshouse (#6) as he's being left at the alter. He came across as cold, spoiled, and entitled. In short, he wasn't a easy person to feel for. The Wilderness shows a different side of him and he has quickly become one of my favorites of Lavender Shores. I so enjoyed watching Will become the man he wanted to be as opposed to the man he tried to be for his father.
This story covers four years and I love the slow burn, friends to lovers story. There's a bit of angst (I want
Sheryl Beesley
Sep 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
this was one of my favorite of the series... and while I think you need to The Glasshouse to understand the back story.. otherwise it can be read as a standalone...

this is a classic enemies (well on Will's side) to friends to lovers..... it's a slow burn over several months (year) as they become close friends and then more... both have had to overcome things from their past..but they come out the other side stronger together than apart...
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

Lavender Shores (9 books)
  • The Palisade (Lavender Shores, #1)
  • The Garden (Lavender Shores, #2)
  • The Veranda (Lavender Shores, #3)
  • The Shipwreck (Lavender Shores, #4)
  • The Hideaway (Lavender Shores, #5)
  • The Glasshouse (Lavender Shores #6)
  • The Alcove (Lavender Shores, #7)
  • The Victorian (Lavender Shores #9)