Start by marking “Darkness (Darkest Nightmares #1)” as Want to Read:
Darkness (Darkest Nightmares #1)

Darkness

(Darkest Nightmares #1)

Jett

For generations, I have been the being who lurks in the dark. The one that feeds on the screams of pain and fear, cold sweats and the nightmares in which I cause. I am the monster you warned your children about.

No one can escape my clutches, no matter how hard they try; I show them who they truly are deep down.

Centuries ago, I was possessed by a creature of whom I h
Kindle Edition
Published August 25th 2018 by Knox Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Darkness, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Darkness

♥️Fantasy Land  Book Reviewer♥️
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I have to be honest. It took me a bit to get into this story. I was a bit confused when I first started with this story. Be warned that this book is written in 3 characters voices, so that took me by surprise. You have Jett, Darkness (who are the same person), and Haven. Jett is the human host to Darkness. Haven is a human or so she thinks.

Darkness knows what Haven is but all he wants to do is protect her, which is not something he has ever done before. Darkness is all about taking and never gi
Shauntelle
Aug 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Darkness has literally given me life!! Believe me when I tell you that this book leaves you CRAVING more!!! Jett/ Darkness instantly intrigued me and I was all for taking a ride on the dark side. Haven is the perfect fit for Jett/Darkness.

This paranormal romance captivated me from the beginning...great paranormal romance with some added twists thrown in and I loved it!!!
Vikki Purcell
Aug 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is unlike any paranormal book I have read. The twist and turns as this story unfolds keeps you in its grips from start to end. Though it ends in a cliffhanger this is one story that you will want to read. I look forward to yhe other books in this series.
Joyffree
Aug 27, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An intense first in series - no spoilers

This ends on a cliffhanger! The kind that has your heart pumping -"So be prepared - no Kindle tossing!
I am attempting to write this with no spoilers- I feel that a lot of the small reveals will make a big impact when you are reading

Characters- there is such a unique blend of personalities that make up the cast for this -
The main characters are intricately detailed and I easily connected with them. They have a presence that you can almost feel
The antagon
Beyond The Covers Blog
Aug 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: celeste
There is no coming into the light with the book Darkness.  Talk about a twist into the paranormal realm that I just did not expect.  There were demons, shape shifters, fae and dragons and a little walk on the wild side into a land very much like hell.  Drama, fighting and sex, this book has it all and leaves the imagination running wild while it dangles by the fingertips with a cliffhanger ending.  Elizbeth Knox and Brynn Burke wanted everyone to see a different side to the paranormal and they d ...more
Joyffree
Aug 26, 2018 rated it liked it
An intense first in series - no spoilers

This ends on a cliff hanger! The kind that has your heart pumping -"So be prepared - no kindle tossing! I am attempting this with no spoilers- I think a lot of the small reveals make a big impact
Characters- there is such a unique blend of personalities that make up the
cast - The main character s are wrk b detailed and I easily connected with them. The antagonists -- actually had my stomach turning (daddy is seriously messed up - you think father is bad)
Da
Rebecca Austin
Shelves: review-author
Jett is Darkness. He is a Cimmerian and can smell evil and longs to make it his and feed it to his Darkness.

Haven is a paranormal but has no clue on who she is as she was an orphan growing up.

When Jett sees Haven he is immediately drawn to her and will make her his at all costs. But unfortunately for them both Soraya has opened a portal and the two must work together to survive but what will the cost be?

This was a super interesting paranormal book that was hot and left you needing more.

I liked
Stephanie Ditmore
I voluntarily reviewed an advanced reader copy of this book. I was enthralled from the beginning and found it hard to put this book down. Jett is complex, and Haven is searching for something more and happens upon the sanctuary, she feels like she belongs finally, she’s special and when she catches Jett’s eye there’s something about her that’s different than the others. She feels the pull to Jett, but he’s different from the other men she’s been with, the attraction is undeniable, but the questi ...more
Ashley Carr, LSoR
Aug 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing

I’m not gonna lie this book confuse the heck out of me for the first couple chapters. I didn’t know where these two authors we’re going to take me, but then all of a sudden it became clear and I really enjoyed the book. Jett/Darkness has been around for centuries. Jett was cursed by an ex lover and sorceress to have Darkness share a body with him. Darkness is a demon and he and Jett have a symbiotic relationship. They are just existing until they meet Haven and she turns their world ups
Kim
Aug 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
OMG what a great read Darkness by Elizabeth Knox and Brynn Burke is. This is the first book in the Darkest Nightmares series. This is a PNR book. I was not a fan of PNR books until I read this book. It has totally changed my opinion. This is the story of Jett/Darkness and Haven. Haven is an orphan and knows nothing of where she came from. Jett/Darkness is one human male (Jett) with a demon (Darkness) inside of him. Haven and Jett/Darkness meet one night when Jett/Darkness come into the bar where ...more
Teri
Aug 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Wonderful beginning for a series. This author takes us to Sanctuary, a place where supernaturals are supposed to be safe. The problem is of course power and someone has the power to open the portals and that's not good. There's some thing brewing and little miss Haven and Darkness/Jett are a big part of it. Haven has no idea who or what she is but she has made a life for herself then she catches the eye of Darkness/Jett. What follows is crazy hot sex and so much more that the story keeps you tur ...more
Deborah Willborn
Aug 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
OMG!!! This is a total new experience for me. From MC lover to paranormal lover in just one book....You will be hooked. Jett is from a time where castles and Kings are real. And is best of friends with the King. While following on an order a Sorceress places a demon within Jett’s body for all eternity. Darkness is his name. Sanctuary a bar for paranormals with only good intentions can enter has a feisty sass mouth barmaid cover from top to bottom with tattoos, has attracted the eyes of both Dark ...more
Fleur
Sep 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
You are hooked from the start with the mysterious Jett and what lurks beneath him as well as those that work and come to the Bar Sanctuary. Jett and Darkness have been together for centuries however have fought over control for just as long until Haven, the barmaid at Sanctuary that has both of them intrigued. Haven doesn't know what she is after being left at an orphanage and at the brutal hand of those who are meant to care for her. The way the past and the now weave together is done really we ...more
Becky Baldridge
Aug 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Darkness is full of drama, danger, action, and supernatural creatures of every kind. It took me a bit to learn the terminology used, but there is a handy definition guide at the beginning, and once the story really gets going, things just clicked. We have an instant attraction between Jett/Darkness and Haven and they generate their fair share of steam. The story is told from both perspectives and we also get flashbacks to their pasts as we go along. Haven is sassy and has an independent nature a ...more
Rachel Tucker
Aug 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Darkness by the masterminds of dark and twisty Elizabeth Knox and Brynn Burke has fictionally captured my black heart with this darkly hypnotic storyline... and I do not want it back! I just want to go ahead and say that I have claim to Darkness. This story was captivating and will capture your soul from the very first word to the last. Knox and Burke are or will be legends for this book. After each chapter all I wanted was MORE or I craved MORE. They delivered just that. The passion between the ...more
A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog
Normally I’m not of fan of more than two point of views in story, however, in this instance, it worked brilliantly. I loved being able to see not just in the heroes/heroine’s mind, but one of the villains as well; it gave me full perspective of the story. The detail in the writing was enough to paint a picture for me without over doing it.

Haven is a mystery and I would love to know more of her back story along with what’s in store for her next. Even though her relationship with Jett is destined
Darya
Jun 17, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: listened
Cliffhanger??? Are you kidding me?? Honestly, if an author decides to end a book with a cliffhanger, at least don't make your readers wait a year for the second installment. Well, it's actually been ten months. Still, Darkness was a short read, and the second in the series should have been out by now. For this reason, I'm not giving the book more than three stars.

As for Darkness (Darkest Nightmares, #1), the premise of the plot was unique. It's been a while since I enjoyed a paranormal romance b
Adrianne Adams
Aug 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was not what I was expecting. I loved reading this book. I can't wait to read more from Knox/Burke, they are amazing together.

I think what I liked most about the book was the character Jett/Darkness. The reason is Jett knows Darkness is stronger than he is but somehow Darkness allows Jett to remain in control until he is very hungry or he's been called to duty by his king.

Heaven is another character I like as she is brass and sassy. They way she grew up made her that way. When she me
Kasey McCarthy
Aug 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jett is sitting in Sanctuary watching everyone. He has to feed Darkness to keep Jett alive. Darkness needs bad memories to feed on. Haven catches the attention of Jett and Darkness in a way that’s never happened before. Haven grew up an orphan so she doesn’t know about her parents or her powers. She works at the bar and hooks up with men but nothing feels like it does with Jett. She knows he’s different but how will she react once she knows what Jett truly is? Will they act on their attraction?

T
Courtnay Gray
Aug 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the first co-written book by Brynn Burke and Elizabeth Knox and boy is this fantastic!!

Jett and Darkness are two living in one body. Over centuries he has learned how to control Darkness and keep him at bay until they meet Haven.

Haven knows she is paranormal but doesn’t know what as of yet. When she meets Jett she can tell he is different and is drawn to him.

When the world is threatened, Jett, Darkness and Haven work together to help save the people but will they be able to??

Note, thi
Anne Milne
Aug 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a fantastic start to a new PNR series these authors have knocked it out the park.

I have to be careful what I say because of spoilers and this book is too good to be spoiled. The main characters are fascinating all so very different but are compelling to read. I sometimes feel like I'm rolling my eyes when I've read previous books in this genre but I was so enthralled by the story of just carried me away to this land.

The story was well thought out the characterisation was excellent and the
Kasey McCarthy
Sep 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Book-Lovin-Momma
Aug 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I found this book to be a distinctly different read from other PNRs, Jett/Darkness was an amazing, sexy duality, while Haven has been through so much yet is so resilient. I loved these characters, and the world-building was set up in a way that I could see the scenes in my head. It was steamy and filled with adventure. It leaves you hanging, but they need this next book in order to give the conclusion the attention it needs.
Gwen Shafer
Sep 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow.. I am loving these two writers together. Definitely a different type story then what I normally read but enjoyable from beginning to end. Didn't enjoy that this was a cliff hanger. Can't wait to find out what happens next. Demons,humans,fairy you have it all in this wonderful book. Gripping storyline from the very beginning to the very end. So well written you can easily enjoy reading about Haven and her demon. Highly recommend.
Lauren
Aug 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Otay this book started really slow for me. It took me a while to get into the swing of the whole Jett and Darkness two beings one body thing ... I will say that once Haven is in the picture it seems Darkness mellows and Jett comes out more. Jett, Darkness and Haven try to save the world and the ending was no fun! I will say I had some laughs along the way.
Gloria
Aug 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Darkness Book 1!!

Darkness is a read that i was so not expecting. What i love most about Darkness is that its different from any other paranormal books i have read. It definitely pulls you in from the beginning and till the end. It leaves you with so many unanswered questions ughhhhh.... Now to patiently wait for the ending in book 2.
Theresa Willett
Aug 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Enjoyable

I’m not a PNR reader, this book was my first venture into this genre. While keeping an open mind, I turned page after page and found myself intrigued. I was able to see the story, feel the emotions and root for the good guys. Thank you Brynn and Elizabeth for the introduction, I’ll follow this series.
Romaine Heart
Oct 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
The authors takes us on a magical adventure into another dimension of an unusual paranormal world. Unexpected twists and turns that keeps you flipping through the pages as a story unfolds. A unique type of love triangle between Jett / Darkness and Haven. A well-written story that takes you on a wild ride to the dark side. The characters are flawless. There is a cliffy but so worth the wait.
Michaela York
Sep 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What can I say about Darkness? Well you will absolutely love it that is for sure. The story these two amazing ladies came up with is just fantastic! The story grabs you within the first few pages, and trust me it is hard to put down! I definitely recommend this to any romance paranormal reader, and even to those who have never read a paranormal romance before!
Kristi
Aug 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was a wonderful collaboration by two very talented authors. The characters were dynamic and engaging and the chemistry between Darkness, Jett, and Haven was off the charts. The storyline was fast paced and unpredictable with lots of twists and turns. It had my full attention from page one. This is a five star must read that will have you anxiously awaiting book two.

Darkest Nightmares (2 books)
  • Arctic King (Darkest Nightmares #2)