Start by marking “My Life as a Mixtape (My Life as an Album #4)” as Want to Read:
My Life as a Mixtape (My Life as an Album #4)

My Life as a Mixtape

(My Life as an Album #4)

From award-winning author, LJ Evans, comes the music inspired conclusion to the MY LIFE AS AN ALBUM SERIES about hope and new beginnings.

LONNIE:
I came to Tennessee to help a friend.
And now, I’m stuck.
By the Southern charm,
By the sweet tea and
By a tall, red-headed "Strawberry Shortcake."

And when my world crumbles apart,
Wynn is there/>
Published November 13th 2018

To ask other readers questions about My Life as a Mixtape, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Life as a Mixtape

Heather❀Book and a Blanket❀
A great emotional slow burn romance filled with moments of swoon, laughter and heartache. This is the story of two people who had their world crash down around them and how they found friendship and eventually love with each other.

From the opening scene of this book we see a very broken Wynn who is struggling to cope and even from the start we find Lonnie instinctively needing to reach out and save her. Wynn's struggles were absolutely heartbreaking and the author had me feeling her grief as if it were m
Zilpha Owens
Dec 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Loving Stars

My Life as a Mixtape starts with a wedding. I won’t tell you whose wedding because you really need to start from the beginning of the series. But I will tell you that I was putting this last book off because it’s the end of the series and I just didn’t want it to be over. I couldn’t resist though. These stories just pull you in.

Lonnie Brennan is quite aloof at times. He has more to give than he gives himself credit for. He’s complex and sweet and tender and a little rough at
Paige Green
Nov 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Disclaimer: I received this book from the publishing company. Thanks! All opinions are my own.

Rating: 5/5

Publication Date: November 13, 2018

Genre: Romance

Recommended Age: 17+ (romance, broken dreams and people, love where there doesn’t appear to be any hope)

Pages: 400

Amazon Link

Synopsis: LONNIE:
I came to Tennessee to help a friend.
And now, I’m stuck.
By the Southern charm,
By the sweet tea and
By a ta
Pearl Khatri
Nov 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I'd been waiting for Lonnie's book ever since I read My Life As A Pop Album, and I'm SO glad LJ finally released his story.
Lonnie is such a softie, such a sugar-sweet guy, that it was physically impossible for me to maintain my growing emotions as I read this outstanding book.
The chemistry between Wynn and Lonnie was an ideal example of realistic connection, and everything that bound the two of them together made them so much more perfect for each other in equivalence to how they ori
Becca Whaley
Nov 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful friends to lovers

Where to start... Lonnie and Wynn are two broken people for very different reasons. They build an incredible friendship that they both need more than they realize, but the chemistry is there all along. Both scared to act on it for different reasons. This book deals with some hard issues, it’s an emotional read. The things in the book are sadly very real issues, that happen way more often than they should. But it’s also incredible to see them both overcome everything a
Amanda B
Mar 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Great series closer! This was a really cute slow-burn romance. I’m a sucker for any story involving an abandoned kid. The depictions of parenthood were accurate. I like how Evans’s characters aren’t picture-perfect. They’re realistically just as messed up as all of us out in the real world.

Sometimes people-focused series never wrap things up in the end, but Evans brought it back to the original characters with this one. (That’s one of the reasons I don’t typically read a series - characters get
Feb 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So thankful I found this series! A must read!!!
Energy
Oct 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My Life as a Mixtape is a beautiful addition to the series, it includes everyone we fell in love with from the previous books and gives us a wonderful new story in Wren and Lonnie. It's a slow-burn, a nice long one that is well worth the wait.

Wren isn't in the best place, she's getting over a divorce and the last thing she is thinking about is a relationship. Lonnie is too busy working with life and the band to consider anything serious. So when they meet, they agree that they should be friends
Thuy Taylor
Nov 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Lonnie and Wynn meet, and there is always a pull that he feels towards her. Strawberry Shortcake always muddles his brain when he's around her.

Wynn is coming off a relationship where she is trying to figure it all out. She's heartbroken, and is trying to navigate her life. She's a really sweet girl who enjoys her time with Lonnie as friends. This is a pretty slow burn story, but everything that happens makes all the love more worthwhile to read. I liked this story alot. At first, I w
Ashleigh (A Page Once Turned)
L.J Evans has outdone herself with this book.. This book was everything! The characters and the story will stay with you long after the last words have been read. This book layers so many essentials to life, such as: happiness, hardship, friendship, family and love. This Friends-to-lovers slow burn story holds so much emotions between the covers.

Full review on my blog..
May 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love how this book ties in all of my favorite characters from the previous three books in the series. Wynn and Lonnie go through so much together in this beautiful story. LJ Evans doesn’t shy away from some tough topics. This is a story that tugs at your heart strings!
Michelle Odland
Sep 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
If you have heard Chris Janson’s “Drunk Girl” you can see the beginning of this book exactly. Wynn is broken at this moment and enter Lonnie with his giant heart. Neither Lonnie nor Wynn are looking for romance. Both have histories, so he takes the drunk girl home, tucks her in and leaves for the night.

There is so much beauty in this story. I instantly related to both the main characters as broken as they were. I loved the banter between them and the easiness of their friendship and eventually
Kurt
Nov 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A Wonderful Conclusion to the Series!

I just loved this book! It hit me in all the right places, emotionally. I found myself choking back sobs, even in public, embarrassingly enough. It was great to see how Wynn and Lonnie’s story played out, learn more about how they became who they were and what they became together. There was also the bonus of an update on all the characters in the series!
Elaine Morin
Sep 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow this is a really good book. I especially loved that all but one character from her other books were here in is one. Loved hearing about them again. The story keep me going and going, didn't want to put it down but of course life gets in the way and had to.
Lonnie and Wynn are fun characters and I loved their story, it gives you a nice warm feeling, only thing bad about it is, it ended. Could have read on and on. I highly recommend this one.
Gretchen Chasse
Nov 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was such a beautiful love story. Everyone must read this book. Great characters and heartbreakingly sweet love story. My first read by L.J. Evans but not my last. Add this to your TBR list now.
Kari Hansen
Nov 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
When Wynn returned home after the end of her marriage she is trying to adjust to the new normal and it is much harder than she thought that it would be. Lonnie is the bass player who has an easy smile and is too invested in his music and the band to consider a relationship. When he helps her out when she is down and needs someone the most a strong friendship begins as neither is in a place for anything more.

When life as Lonnie knows it abruptly changes it is Wynn’s turn to stand by him and the
Penny Mcbride
Nov 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great book

My favorite out of the series. Friendship formed over sadness and grew into love over a baby that neither expected to have. Lonnie and Wynn are sweet and funny. Really a great read. I loved it!
Ashleigh  Griffiths
Mar 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic!!

This series is fantastic.. I loved ever book. Every word! My life as a mixtape was well written with well developed characters. The struggles Lonnie and Wynn go through separately and as a couple are very real. I felt each emotion the characters went through..
Also the final epilogue wrapped up the series perfectly
Megan
Nov 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
This is a story of two people who are NOT looking for love...

Lonnie is the lovable idiot amongst his friends - he’s a womanizer and the ‘fun’ guy. He’s not the one to settle down or to take life too seriously. And though this is the persona that he portrays I could tell very early on that he was in denial … there was something missing from his life.

Wynn, however, feels that there is too much missing from hers. Feeling lost and empty, heartbroken and alone, Wynn is in a bad way when
Jennifer Pierson
Nov 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My Life as a Mixtape is the final book in the My Life as an Album series, and while it can be read as a stand alone, I really recommend you read all of them in order, as all the characters appear in all of them. Wynn is the third girl in the trio that makes up Mia, & Cam, and her life has been spiraling to new lows, when Lonnie comes into her life. They become friends, though there's an attraction, it's of the slow burn variety, and I mean slow burn. While they spend time together, there's a ...more
Michelle Fritz PA
Oct 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
One memorably beautiful novel that will stay with you long after you've read that last word!!! Lonnie is one guy that every girl deserves to meet. Wynn is a sweet and sassy girl. These two find themselves drawn to each other like a bee to honey. But it isn't until two life changing events happen that they finally come together. Watching these two fall in love was a heartwarming thing. When life trys to throw more your way than you believe you're capable of, when it breaks your spirit, you need s ...more
Stacie Boren
Oct 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are my own.  🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 My Life As A Mixtape by L J Evans. I absolutely love Lonnie and Wynn's story. The songs she paired with the titles work so well while blending two lives into one. (Not that she has worked that magic before). In this book though it really is obvious there was ,ore blending needs than just two people falling in love. An amazing twist to true heartache and blossoming love is in all of The My Life ...more
Indian Bookworm Sunaina
Sep 17, 2019 rated it did not like it
Even though the first two books didn't do it for me, I decided to give books 3 and 4 a chance. Definitely not what I was expecting. I don't know why there is so much hype for this. It's a very boring series. Childish characters, too cheesy writing and slow storyline. There is nothing interesting or unique about this series. Small Town romance with cliche HEAs and plotholes that made me wonder why this author is an award winner. Waste of time. Not recommend.
Jess
Jun 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved this series!

Gosh this series was absolutely amazing. I can't wait to read more from this author. It was touching, romantic and just pulled every single heart string. I encourage everyone to read it.
Suzanne
Jan 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Sometime you just can't fight love

You can fight it, but when your heart falls the rest of will follow sooner or later. Life seems to leave these two with nothing but heartache and pain, yet they seem to find a way to make it better with each other's helping hands.
Elle Grigsby
May 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Breathtaking

This series is just everything you want in a series of novels. It was beautifully crafted and the ties between families, friends and life were woven seamlessly into a phenomenal story. Love love love! Read them all😍
Hayley
Aug 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: chick-lit
What a sweet and heartfelt story for two characters who really deserved an HEA. It was a beautiful conclusion to this series and I am sad to say goodbye. This novel is a slow burn with friends to lovers, single dad and rockstar tropes.
Meliciousbeauty
Jul 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am obsessed with this series. The writing. The characters. The songs. It's perfect. Just perfect.
Heather Hansard
Oct 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
L.J. Evans is a master storyteller! I'm not sure I can find words to adequately describe how touching and heartfelt this story was! "Sometimes life knows better than us what we need" Lonnie and Wynn's story is one that I was completely immersed in...I laughed at them, cried with them, rooted for them, and enjoyed every single page of their journey to hope and happiness.
Jenn Lockwood Editing
Oct 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I could gush about this book all day!
It’s so much more than a love story!

LJ Evans gracefully layers friendship, hope, hardship, and family with a slow burn, friends-to-lovers romance that will work magic in your heart.

Lonnie and Wynn meet through mutual friends and are swiftly drawn into each other’s worlds.

Together, they walk through some of life’s most challenging struggles, creating a solid friendship and unbreakable bond, which ultimately turns into
Forever and For Always 1 3 Nov 10, 2018 03:42PM
Slay Dragons 1 1 Nov 10, 2018 03:39PM
One Creation...An Us 1 1 Nov 03, 2018 06:03PM
Someone you take home forever 1 1 Oct 24, 2018 08:20AM
One Mistake Doesn't Make You a Failure 1 2 Oct 16, 2018 04:12PM
Slow Burn Romance 1 1 Oct 13, 2018 08:40AM
How Lonnie & Wynn's story came to be 1 2 Oct 03, 2018 10:02AM
Award winning author, LJ Evans, lives in the California Central Valley with her husband, daughter, and the three terrors called cats. She's been writing, almost as a compulsion, since she was a little girl and will often pull the car over to write when a song lyric strikes her. While she currently spends her days teaching 1st grade in a local public school, she spends her free time reading and wri ...more

My Life as an Album (4 books)
  • My Life As A Country Album (My Life as an Album #1)
  • My Life As A Pop Album (My Life as an Album #2)
  • My Life as a Rock Album (My Life as an Album #3)