Start by marking “Maybe This Time” as Want to Read:
Maybe This Time

Maybe This Time

3.69  ·  Rating details ·  10,105 ratings  ·  1,525 reviews
One year. Nine events. Nine chances to . . . fall in love?

Weddings. Funerals. Barbecues. New Year's Eve parties. Name the occasion, and Sophie Evans will be there. Well, she has to be there. Sophie works for the local florist, so she can be found at every big event in her small hometown, arranging bouquets and managing family dramas.

Enter Andrew Hart. The son of the fancy
Published July 9th 2019 by Point

To ask other readers questions about Maybe This Time, please sign up.
Ruby Rose It's out! You probably have already read it but whatever :) Great book!…moreIt's out! You probably have already read it but whatever :) Great book!(less)

·  10,105 ratings  ·  1,525 reviews

Start your review of Maybe This Time
sarah
My relationship with Kasie West is... mixed.
This is my third book by her and I have loved one, disliked one and felt meh about one.

Unless you can't tell by my rating- this was unfortunately the disliked one. While it did have the typical summery and fast paced charm of Kasie West, I couldn't connect to the characters or the story as a whole.

The main reason I read Kasie West, and YA contemporaries in general, is for the characters and their relationships. So when I didn't like the characters,
Trina (Between Chapters)
Very cute. Loved the format of skipping between each event the characters meet at. Audio was great.

This was my first of Kasie West's novels I've read and now I want to read them all!
Jaye Berry
Jul 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Me: *doesn't give 5 stars often because picky*
My lizard brain: Book cute and have flowers. Give 5 stars
Me: Ok

***

Maybe This Time is about a girl named Sophie who works for the local florist, attending events and arranging bouquets. At a valentine's event she meets Andrew- son a famous new chef in town and required at all the events Sophie has to be at. They have a rough first meeting and Sophie thinks he is arrogant and entitled and Andrew thinks she's a snob. At every event throughout the year,
Maggie ☘
Mar 03, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: contemporary-na
I've read all of the author's books so far (my ratings of each of them are down this review) and while this one wasn't quite my very favourite of them, it was an enjoyable book overall and one of the more fun books from the author for me.

Kesie West is an author I'll always pick up, because her contemporaries are so light and fluffy and very undemanding and fast to read every time. She has a certain style to her books and they either work for you or not. I find myself appreciating the cuteness a
The Candid Cover (Olivia & Lori)
Full Review on The Candid Cover

4.5 Stars

Maybe This Time by Kasie West had been one of my most anticipated reads this summer as I love everything Kasie West writes. I was not disappointed with this book and its concept of two characters falling for each other over the course of nine events. Both Sophie and Andrew are likeable characters, and there is a prominent theme of the importance of family throughout the book. I loved this one, and I can’t wait to see what West writes next.

As a longtime fan
Stacee
Jul 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
I’m 10000% down for anything Kasie writes and I rarely read the synopsis.

I liked Sophie and Andrew and of course BFF Micah. She’s got a lot of heart and ambition and it was great to see her grow into her confidence. Andrew was charming and unsure and Micah was just delightful.

Plot wise, I loved the idea that they only saw each other at events. It was an interesting way for time to pass. My main complaint is that I wanted more sweetness between them. Yes yes, the banter was still fun, but I’m g
Kimberly
Aug 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I'm not normally into Rom-Coms but Kasie West just might have changed my mind. I feel like I have been gushing over this one just a little bit. It was just so CUTE!!! It was decent and clean and didn't have any cliche love triangles and no cheating so that made for a nice read. And for the first time in a very long time I loved the characters! They were a bit snarky at times but no one walked around with a huge chip on their shoulder. And while they all had problems to work out no one acted like ...more
Ardent Reader
May 13, 2020 rated it liked it
Cute and easy read, but not my favorite.

The definition and the story related related for each flower used in the decoration of each event is really appreciated.

Thought that the author could have done more better to the story line.
Dayla
Jan 02, 2019 marked it as to-read
Every once in a while I see books set to come out months and months in the future with really bad ratings.

We are in January and this comes out in JULY. I feel like if you don't work in the industry/have a personal connection to the author and/or editing/publishing team, then you have no access to this book since ARCs haven't been printed yet (to my understanding).

This is random, but I'm sick of seeing this happen.
book_leafs
May 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019-releases
4,25

And Kasie West is back at it again!

This book was so fucking cute and good and just purely amazing. I loved the hate-to-love trope and Andrew was so sweet and Mika (? Listed to it on audio) was such a good friend!

Omg I just loves this so much, highly recommend.
Brittany

3 Stars!!

One year. Nine events. Nine chances to . . . fall in love?

Another classic, Sweet Story - from KW!!! This story is about Sophie- just a girl working for a local florist, trying to save up to get into the college of her dreams. She is focused and determined to follow her dreams.

Enter Andrew Hart. The son of the fancy new chef in town, Andrew is suddenly required to attend all the same events as Sophie. Entitled, arrogant, preppy Andrew. Sophie just wants to get her job done and ge
Syndi
Sep 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
It has been a while since I read Miss West's book. I am enjoying reading Maybe this Time. The story reminds me of Four Weddings and a Funeral but in YA version.

The encounter between the characters are cute and sweet. Innocent. This is how YA romance suppose to be. Adam is patient and have big heart. While Sophie is determine young woman with career goal set in the future.

The story is bit long but I enjoy every up and down. The twist and plot is not OTT cheesy. There are some moment where I was
Jacob Proffitt
I'm struggling with what to say of this story. I kept waiting to like Sophie and that made it hard to engage with the story very well. She treated Andrew pretty shabbily for quite a while and every time she'd go to apologize, he'd stiffen up and she'd abort with an internal justification that he didn't deserve one. The thing is, apologies aren't given to the deserving. They're given because you messed up and need to make something right. If one is owed, it's owed regardless of someone else's beh ...more
Danielle (Love at First Page)
I was worried about this one because of the reviews, but Kasie West has won me over yet again. I love how the book was structured, moving from one major event to the next over the course of a year. And while Sophie and Andrew were somewhat unlikable in the beginning, by the end they completely won me over. The last couple of chapters were extra cute!
❦ jazmin
Aug 27, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: genre-romance
“Are we being crazy? Is this impractical?”
“Who cares? Now is the time to fail spectacularly. We have our whole lives ahead of us to try again and again.”

Kasie West’s books are all short and sweet reads and Maybe This Time was no exception. It was written in a unique manner, sectioned off by the nine events that the main characters Sophie and Andrew attend over the span of a year. This means that quite a bit of time passes between some of their interactions which I found to be very interestin
Stay Fetters
Apr 04, 2019 rated it liked it
"I didn’t even care; he tasted like heaven and I felt like I was floating on air.”

Usually, with any Kasie West book, it’s an instant love for me. But this took me quite some time to get into and I felt as if I walked into the middle of a conversation. This was sort of cute, just not my favorite of hers.

At times I felt that there wasn't much of a plot. There was no lead-way to what was happening, you just jump straight in head first. The banter between the two lead characters wasn't as funny as
sage elizabeth
Nov 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2019
3.5*
I have audible escape (I had it even back when it was known as the audible romance package) and I rarely use it, so i’m probably going to unsubscribe soon. Hoping that this will prove useful as one of my last books with the program (or one of the books that keeps me subscribed)
Stella❤️ 孔凡星
3.5* Not my favourite Kasie West but a cute and fast read :)
Norah Una Sumner

This was the cutest thing ever. I was so stressed over this one exam I had and wanted something fluffy and nice and I knew Kasie West would provide. I loved the idea of the book revolving around all the events Sophie attends and all of them were interesting in their own way. I thought Sophie was a nice protagonist and as much as she did stupid things (or more importantly said stupid things without thinking for a second), I still liked her and felt for her. No one's life is as easy as it
Arini ~ Miss Casually Reading
the typical kasie west book...
which basically means it wooed me and swept me off my feet but didn't make me completely fall madly in love with it.

i loved all the characters and the idea of the story behind this book, but the dynamics of the plot in general was just meh. the book wasn’t dull by any means. i liked all the adorable and awkward encounters, all the events and parties, the best friend stand off, and the family drama. i liked that the book involves flowers. i liked that our mc
mith
OH MY GOD THIS WAS SO CUTE.
Danielle (Life of a Literary Nerd)
Fun, cute, and perfect for summer! I loved Sophie's job helping at the local florists and all the smalltown events, festivals, and weddings that happened. Andrew and SOphie's romance is fine, so butterflies from me but it wasn't bad. I didn't like the conflict between Micah and Sophie - mainly because it felt rushed. And so much time passed throughout the story that we get a lot of jumps, so the story was a little less developed than I would have liked, but still a fun story overall. ...more
Tessa  Herondale~Carstairs
Jul 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-star, romance
This is how you do a hate-to-love
Claude's Bookzone
Jul 24, 2020 rated it it was ok
CW: (view spoiler)

A simple enemies to lovers story. I didn't feel particularly connected to either of the main characters and I wish there had been a few more swoon worthy moments that would make me feel more invested in the outcome. The romance spans over such a long period of time with quite brief interactions that the relationship didn't have any time to develop into something we could get behind. Just okay for me.
Stephanie Fitzgerald
Aug 16, 2020 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Lovers of sweet romance!
A very fun Y.A. book to read! And a very clean one; no sex scenes, drugs, or underage drinking. A definite rarity for a modern-day young adult novel, and a refreshing surprise.
I would recommend this for anyone that likes a sweet, romantic story!

Memorable Quotes:
(Pg. 346)-“And maybe Andrew would break my heart or be the great love of my life or maybe I didn’t need to know any of that right now, I could just enjoy this.”
sam
Feb 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was a good book but honestly it could’ve been better. I’ve read a lot of Kasie West’s books in the last 2 years and i honestly think there was something missing from this one. It was still adorable though i’m not gonna lie and maybe y’all will like it better than i did so check this one out if you’re looking for a quick read:)
Ruby Rose
Oct 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: 1-2/10 (Check my profile for how I rate)
Hello Everyone! I really liked this book, but it wasn't above and beyond, if you know what I mean. I think that it was a great idea to do the event thing, but now, I want to know some of the things that happened in between.

PARENT NOTE: Fun fact: This book is told over the course of a year with 9 events! Nothing bad in this book!

AGE RECOMMENDATION: 1/10 or 2/10 (for swearing) Check my profile for how I rate.

SWEARING: Literally one typo that makes it spell the h word instead of hall.

ROMANCE: 1
Cory Marie
Jan 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
Kasie West books don’t get enough credit. They are always exactly what I need whenever I’m looking for some good ole fashioned joy and distraction.
Ashley
Aug 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
she does it againnnnnn

I enjoyed this so much actually. The structure is so interesting and something that I've never read before. Basically, the mc works for a florist and provides flowers for most of her small town's events. The story only cuts in during these events over the course of about a year. So, you get to see these snapshots of her life, her friendships, her *not* relationship with the son of a famous chef lol.

The hate to love situation was amazing in this one *the tenSION* was real

Alyssa

• Chasing Lucky
  • Shuffle, Repeat
  • Four Days of You and Me
  • What I Like About You
  • My Life with the Walter Boys (My Life with the Walter Boys #1)
  • Alex, Approximately
  • Always Never Yours
  • The Rest of the Story
  • You Say It First
  • I Hate You, Fuller James
I write YA. I eat Junior Mints. Sometimes I go crazy and do both at the same time. My novels are: PIVOT POINT and its sequel SPLIT SECOND. And my contemporary novels: THE DISTANCE BETWEEN US, ON THE FENCE, THE FILL-IN BOYFRIEND, PS I LIKE YOU, BY YOUR SIDE, LUCKY IN LOVE, LOVE LIFE and the LIST, LISTEN TO YOUR HEART, FAME FATE and the FIRST KISS, MAYBE THIS TIME, and MOMENT OF TRUTH. My agent is t ...more