Start by marking “Top and Tails (With A Kick #9)” as Want to Read:
Top and Tails (With A Kick #9)

Top and Tails

(With A Kick #9)

Three men, one love—and a passion he only ever dreamed of.

Karel Novak is content with his busy job in hotel refurbishment, enjoying the social scene in Soho, London and the company of new friends he met through working at With A Kick. All he’s missing is a special man in his life. Or maybe two.
His first meeting with the mercurial pole dancer Leroy and his socially anxious
Published August 27th 2018 by Jocular Press

To ask other readers questions about Top and Tails, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Top and Tails

Start your review of Top and Tails (With A Kick #9)
Karen
Aug 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars rounded down because and only because still no 1/2 stars here on GR. This one was surprisingly good...like I ended up enjoying the hell out of it...full review to follow soonish!!!

Full review below...better late than never right?

‘Top and Tails’ is the 8th book in the series ‘With a Kick’ by Clare London. First things first here… while I haven’t read any of the previous books in this series, I’ve wanted to and in spite the fact that I haven’t, I’ve still enjoyed the hell outta’ this
Trio
I hate to give a two star review but this one definitely didn't work. Without any of the sparkle of the other books in this series I wouldn't have finished it except I read it for a challenge :( Luckily I got it for a buck in the Smashwords sale.

As a fan of menage stories, Top and Tails falls way short of believable for me.
R.J.
Aug 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What I loved the most about this story is that the story of the three men was beautifully written. The sex scenes are hot as you'd expect in a Clare London book, but they are not the whole story. The three men are each cleverly written, and I read the whole thing in one sitting. Highly recommended.
Becca
Aug 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
I liked this book, overall, but I've got to say Leroy and Griff sometimes just made me want to smack them. They just seem so overly dramatic at times. Now I do get they have pasts and the present is hard as well, but sometimes it's a bit much.
Karel was enamored of Leroy from the first time he saw him on stage dancing. He's so graceful and moves so beautifully, it leaves Karel wanting more. So when Griff runs into him and announces he wants to fuck but that Leroy is his as well, Karel is
Helena Stone
Aug 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
“He wanted that combination of strength and reliance, excitement and comfort. And if he couldn’t find all that he wanted in a single person…
Would he consider joining an established couple?”

And that’s just one of the questions Karel has to answer for himself.

Trying to establish and maintain a relationship can be fraught enough when ‘just’ two personalities are involved. When a third joins an already established partnership, the potential pitfalls more than double—they’re seemingly endless.
Mari  Cardenas
4 Stars

Top and Tails is book 9 in the With a Kick series by Clare London. I won't claim I've read all the books, but I've read several of them and really, you're missing out if you've passed on them.

Karel is in a good place in his life and all that he's missing is a special someone. When pole dancer Leroy catches his eye at the club, he's intrigued, but when he's hit on by Leroy's partner, Griff, he's not sure what to think about it. Hooking up with an established couple isn't exactly in his
Lillian Francis
Sep 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved it.

I love the With a Kick stories and this is no exception. The world Clare (and Sue Brown) have created around the alcohol-fuelled ice cream parlour is one of my favourite places to revisit.

As well as the main threesome, we get to check in with several of the other couples, especially Lee and Patrick. And it's this sense of community that I really enjoy about these stories.

But what of the current 'throuple'? They're certainly a diverse bunch, reflecting the area of London where they
Lora
Aug 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4 1/2 out of 5 stars

This is only the 2nd book in the With a Kick series, but it was fabulous. It had an abundance of GREAT character development. The main characters, Griff, Leroy and Keral, were all very well developed and extremely likable. Unlike some threesomes you read, these guys really needed both of the other guys. They were a complete team, not two against one...and Keral was the glue that held them all together! (Even before he realized it!!)

I enjoyed the dynamics of this story and
Kitt
Sep 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is an engaging tale of three men who each have flaws, weaknesses, and insecurities. However, they fit together, even their weaknesses complementing one another. Karel meets Leroy & Griff at a bar and there is instant attraction. They pursue him and have a hot night of sex, but Leroy and Griff have a preexisting relationship and Karel tries to figure out how he fits in…or if he even does. I loved the characters – Leroy’s sultry yet vulnerable sexiness, Griff’s deeply caring yet blunt ...more
Susan
Aug 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I’ve been a fan of the premise of the With a Kick series since it began. The idea that people’s problems and relationship issues can be solved over a dish of alcoholic ice cream offers plenty of opportunity for stories. It helps that the characters involved with the shop are nice guys who deserve a HEA. In Top and Tails, Karel is a Czech transplant who is not looking for a relationship, thinking himself happy with his job and biologic family. He finds his mind changed when he meets Leroy and ...more
Terri
Sep 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
I loved the relationship between Karel, Leroy, and Griff. The first awkward moments together were believable, and watching them become more comfortable together was lovely. Each man filled specific needs in the others, and they were sexy and also sweet together. This trio stole my heart, the secondary characters were terrific, and the story was excellent!
Pati
1.5

It pains me to say it but I do believe that this series has run its course. I never felt invested in theae characters. I don't really feel that I got to know Leroy or Griff at all. Way too much telling and way too many time jumps. SMH.... Sadly, I'm done with this series.
Nancy A. Staab
Jan 10, 2020
Rob
rated it did not like it
Nov 20, 2019
Feb 02, 2019
Debra Edson
Jan 21, 2020
Clare
Aug 26, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: authored
Chad
Sep 17, 2018
Kim
Sep 23, 2018

• Bitter Pill (PsyCop, #11)
  • Mane and Tail (Modifications, #1)
  • Daddy (Kinky Boys #1)
  • Troublemaker (Goode Boys #1)
  • Unscripted Love (Road to Blissville, #1)
  • Mate Found (My Wolf Heart #1)
  • Shiftless No More (My Wolf Heart #2)
  • Greed and Other Dangers (Mytho, #2)
  • Coming Home (Home for the Holidays, #1)
  • Let Me Show You (True-Blue, #1)
  • Passions of a Papillon
  • If Wishes Were Horses
  • Exit Through the Gift Shop
  • Taylor Maid
  • Plugs (Sealed with a Kink, #1)
  • Back in Black (McGinnis Investigations, #1)
  • Blackbird in the Reeds (The Rowan Harbor Cycle, #1)
  • Risk Taker (Mixed Messages, #3)
Clare took the pen name London from the city where she lives, loves, and writes. A lone, brave female in a frenetic, testosterone-fuelled family home, she juggles her writing with her other day job as an accountant. She’s written in many genres and across many settings, with award-winning novels and short stories published both online and in print. She says she likes variety in her writing while ...more

With A Kick (9 books)
  • A Twist and Two Balls (With a Kick, #1)
  • Hissed as a Newt (With A Kick, #2)
  • Slap and Tickle (With A Kick, #3)
  • Bells and Balls (With A Kick #4)
  • Pluck and Play (With A Kick #5)
  • Nice and Snow (With A Kick #6)
  • Smack Happy (With A Kick, #7)
  • Double Scoop (With A Kick #8)