Start by marking “Stormsong (The Kingston Cycle, #2)” as Want to Read:
Stormsong (The Kingston Cycle, #2)

Stormsong

(The Kingston Cycle #2)

After spinning an enthralling world in Witchmark, praised as a "can't-miss debut" by Booklist, and as "thoroughly charming and deftly paced" by the New York Times, C. L. Polk continues the story in Stormsong. Magical cabals, otherworldly avengers, and impossible love affairs conspire to create a book that refuses to be put down.

Dame Grace Hensley helped her brother Miles
Expected publication: February 11th 2020 by Tor.com

To ask other readers questions about Stormsong, please sign up.
Quartzen I have checked with the author and it's coming out in February 2020 under the title Stormsong! I'm sad it's not this year but I'm sure it will be…moreI have checked with the author and it's coming out in February 2020 under the title Stormsong! I'm sad it's not this year but I'm sure it will be worth the wait!(less)

Start your review of Stormsong (The Kingston Cycle, #2)
Lulu (the library leopard)
hell yeah i'm rating this 5 stars without having read it fuck off with your lesbophobia!
Natasha
THIS COVER IS BEAUTIFUL

IT'S AN F/F SEQUEL TO THE MASTERPIECE THAT IS WITCHMARK

I FEEL LIKE MY ENTIRE SOUL IS CLEANSED

Update: IT GOT PUSHED TO NEXT YEAR THIS YEAR'S CANCELLED

Update: 5 starring this because y'all's lesbophobia is so ugly.
Silvia
Apr 27, 2019 marked it as anticipated-2020
Shelves: ff-romance, wlw
I haven't read the first book in the series yet but I can't wait to catch up so I can read this book with a F/F ROMANCE! I love SAPPHIC WOMEN and I love reading about WOMEN LOVING WOMEN wow, in fact I don't get how anyone would NOT want to read about WOMEN BEING GIRLFRIENDS!!!

Imagine shitting on a whole romantic genre, therefore shitting on a whole very real and very stigmatized and underrepresented community of women??? Imagine giving a book one star because it's going to be f/f? Ahah who the
Mel (Epic Reading)
Nov 21, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: arc-netgalley
eARC APPROVED! Thank you TOR!
Witchmark was one of my fave novels last year and I can’t wait to visit this world again. So excited for this one!
Elizabeth
Nov 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved this sequel! Fantastical, thoughtful, and un-put-downable, I flew through STORMSONG and want the third in the series NOW.
Leo
Grace wasn’t exactly my favourite Witchmark character but I’m too curious about the aftermath of the events of the previous book to let this one pass.

Also it’s an FF romance () .

Ps: I don’t get why some readers/reviewers are rating this book 1 just because of the FF romance. Like WTF, FF romance isn’t disappointing at all.
I hope the third book will be about an aro-ace spec baker and an enby witch just to piss you off even more. #cake
Acqua
Sep 24, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: adult, q, yff, tbr-sequels
An f/f sequel to one of my favorite books of this year!
I can't wait [and also that cover is gorgeous I love purple]
Elise (TheBookishActress)
May 15, 2019 marked it as please-give-me-ii
after how much I loved Witchmark, I absolutely can't wait for this sequel — I think it's focusing on the lead character's sister and I think? she's also sapphic? I don't know dudes don't ask me but I'm EXCITE
Gillian
Apr 25, 2019 marked it as to-read
Adding this to my TBR because I've heard great things about this series, and to offset all the stupid comments about f/f pairings. Read it or don't, but stop being assholes because you a) hate lesbians and b) don't think they should have rich adventures, great sex and all the love they deserve. Fuck off with that shit.
Melikka
Apr 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If people think they can "1-Star" a book without having read it, because it doesn't meet their levels of m/m-romance fetish... then, let me take this chance to give it 5 Stars in advance to support
- an incredibly talented author
- an incredibly beautiful series
- an incredibly strong, faceted female protagonist

Thanks for coming to my TED-Talk.
Summer
Nov 18, 2018 rated it liked it
I hate it when main characters change in a series I wanted more of Miles and Tristan. ...more
Pandora  Phoenix
Aug 30, 2018 rated it did not like it
Ok, so here's my deal. I just read the first book and LOVED it, then scrambled to find the next book only to find it's FF. Nothing against FF (bi/pan queer woman here) but now I know I'll never get to finish the series because I detest when series jump from MM to MF or FF. I'm utterly shattered. I was hoping we'd continue to follow Tristan and Miles but instead we're stuck following Miles Sister and I find FF pairings utterly unbelievable in books.
*sigh*

Oh well. Disappointment, my dear friend,
✨    jamieson   ✨
May 08, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: anticipated-2020
I wasn't 100% sure if I would read this since bk1 had it's own ending and that was just an "I liked it" book for me, but then I found out this is about Grace getting a girlfriend so now I'm definitely reading it
E.D. Walker
Apr 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I don't usually rate books I haven't read yet, but people are one-starring a book they haven't read that isn't even out yet (like it's not even at the galley or ARC phase yet) just because it features a romance between two women.

I loved the first book in the series and I can't wait to read this one!
Alex Alden
Dec 19, 2018 rated it did not like it
I absolutely *loved* the first book, but the fact that this one is changing main characters puts it immediately into my "will not read" pile. I was really looking forward to having more story for Miles and Tristan.
Megan
[weeps openly in Gay at 3 in the morning]

CL Polk is just.... really, really good at writing books, and I love Dame Fiona Grace Hensley with my ENTIRE heart. I'll write a real review when I'm no longer crying and have gotten some sleep.
Isabel
Jul 03, 2019 marked it as anticipated-releases
Shelves: wlw
I'm just a simple lesbian who wants to see Grace slapped with the real world and grow into a character I can love, and it helps when the real world rides on the back of charismatic and clever reporter who I DID love in Witchmark.
LycanGalen
Apr 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved Witchmark. It is the book I have to tell everyone to read, regardless of their genre preferences. I'm curious to see how the story plays out from the perspective of Grace. I didn't like her much in Witchmark (we weren't supposed to) but considering the fallout from that book, it only makes sense to follow the character most entwined in that society. I'm excited to see where it goes.

I'm disappointed by how many people think changing main characters ruins a story. Some of my favorite things
Paige Morgan
Aug 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Witchmark was brilliant, and this will be, too. Take your lesbophobia elsewhere.
jess
May 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
lesbophobia? not on my watch!
Jason Bennett
Sep 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Jimmity cricket I cannot wait!!
Lucile
Nov 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
In Stormsong, C.L. Polk delivers a fantastic sequel to Witchmark that truly hits the ground running where the first book left off, and doesn’t slow down until the last few pages. I admire how Polk took a character who I was admittedly not the biggest fan of in Witchmark - Dame Grace Hensley, the younger sister of the first novel’s main character Miles - and revealed aspects of her personality that made me fall just as much in love with her as I did with Miles, but also in a way which showed her ...more
SunShiney10
Sep 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I looooved the first book! And i cant wait to read the second installment even if its mostly F/F. The author has a gift and i am thrilled to see more adventures of this world. Yay!!!! :D
Muhemed Masika
Nov 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A polk in the dark
Takes you through the storm
A horse of a tale
Batmanthebest98 Jormei
Dec 10, 2018
Gemma Kattz
Feb 27, 2019

• The October Man (Rivers of London, #7.5)
  • Shadowshaper (Shadowshaper, #1)
  • An Unkindness of Magicians
  • Angels Of Darkness (Alphas, #0.5; Guild Hunter, #3.5; The Guardians, #7.5; Samaria)
  • In Other Lands
  • Neogenesis (Liaden Universe, #21)
  • Will My Cat Eat My Eyeballs?: Big Questions from Tiny Mortals About Death
  • Castle in the Air (Howl's Moving Castle, #2)
  • Beneath the Sugar Sky (Wayward Children, #3)
  • The Bilbao Looking Glass (Kelling & Bittersohn, #4)
  • Would Like to Meet
  • Foundryside (Founders, #1)
  • Riot Baby
  • Akata Witch (Akata Witch, #1)
  • Tell Me How You Really Feel
  • The Luminous Dead
  • Mr. Midshipman Hornblower (Hornblower Saga: Chronological Order, #1)
  • Dread Nation (Dread Nation, #1)

The Kingston Cycle (2 books)
  • Witchmark (The Kingston Cycle, #1)