Start by marking “Second Chance Ranch (Montana, #5)” as Want to Read:
Second Chance Ranch (Montana, #5)

Second Chance Ranch

(Montana #5)

Rob runs to Crooked Tree determined to find a safe place for his nephews. A family for them is the final thing on his list, and then he can vanish completely. Falling for a local paramedic along the way is a disaster in Rob’s otherwise perfect plans.

Paramedic Aaron, the middle of five brothers, would like someone to love. A great believer in fate he is convinced though, th

Kindle Edition, 1st edition, 201 pages
Published August 25th 2018 by Love Lane Books Ltd

To ask other readers questions about Second Chance Ranch, please sign up.
Cadiva
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Karen
Aug 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Dear RJ Scott...
could you please, kindly stop making me cry first thing in the morning...yep, once again I started my day in tears because of you.

But while we're at it thanks for making some of them happy tears that helped a lot...

full review to follow soonish!

‘Second Chance Ranch’ is the 5th book in R.J. Scott’s Montana series and for me it was also the ultimate in 2nd chance stories. While I’ve enjoyed all of the stories in this series and this may have been the 5th book in the series it’s ab
Christelle
5th book of the Montana Ranch series and the one I enjoyed the most with The Rancher's Son (book2). I got attached to all the protagonists of this series and was quite excited to have a book about Rob, Justin’s ex-“colleague” in Justice/crime, and about Aaron, the caring paramedic who helped to save Justin’s life, two characters that left quite an impression for me in A Cowboy's Home (book3).
Not a standalone, imo : without the background of what happened before at this ranch, it would be hard to
Denise H.
**** A marvelous story by RJ Scott, about deeply troubled men who find their peace. ****
Rob, green eyes and dark hair, is an ex-SEAL, then assassin, who claims his nephews, Bran, 8, and younger Toby, after his sister died.

He heads to Crooked Tree, in Helena, Montana, where his only friend lives, so the kids will have a chance when he disappears.
Aaron, blonde ex-Army, now EMT, with lots of family,

including 4 brothers, responds to the traffic accident where he finds Rob, tending the injured.

T
Cadiva
Aug 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My favourite one yet in this excellent series. I just fell for Rob hook, line and sinker and was so glad Aaron wouldn't let him wallow in his misery.

Together they were dynamite and the dynamic between them of two Alpha males not willing to stand down or give ground was hot as all Hell! The premise of the narrative also worked really well for me, Rob needs somewhere safe to take the nephews he's suddenly inherited guardianship of and the only place he can think of is Justin's Crooked Tree Ranch.

T
Kendra Patterson
Aug 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Rob is an ex-Navy Seal and assassin who recently took custody of his two nephews, Bran and Toby. He knows Justin and decides to head to Crooked Tree Ranch. He's also keeping a secret that will impact his nephews badly if he continues on his path.
Aaron is ex-Army special forces, a paramedic and the third Carter brother. He's still not back to dating since his love died in his arms while they where in the Army together. He's still hoping that he'll find someone to love.
Rob and Aaron meet when ther
Jenny Wood
Aug 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love this whole series!!!

I’ll admit, it’s been a minute, so I had to go back and remind myself who Rob was, but if you loved and read Justin and Sam’s story, you’ll remember that he’s a former partner of Justin’s, sent to kill him in their book. Of course, he didn’t, because he wanted out of the life just as Justin did, but that didn’t mean he wasn’t dangerous and that when he left Justin alive, he didn’t think he’d ever see him again..

Rob never counted on checking on the sister he’d left beh
R
Aug 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, m-m, reviewed
Rob is a killer, cold and in control. His sister dies, leaving him as guardian to his nephews. Hardly able to care for himself and not willing to take on the responsibility of these children, he look for a way out. His old partner, Justin, in at the Crooked Tree Ranch. He figures he can convince Justin to take the boys. If not him then surely someone else will want them. He has a very limited time to get them taken care of.

Aaron’s a paramedic. He meets Rob under stressful conditions and is immed
Carra
Sep 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
When you have a series where you love the characters and stories as much as the Montana series, it’s almost like a natural instinct to rebel when the author says they’ve written the final book in that series. But Second Chance Ranch actually ties up the series quite nicely, and once done reading I didn’t feel like anything was left unresolved. It’s a good, solid story giving readers closure with a supporting character from a previous book (I know for me Rob piqued my interest when he showed up e ...more
SoCalBookReviews
Sep 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-books
I am so sad that this is the last book in the Montana series by RJ Scott. I have loved the setting for Crooked Tree Ranch, and every single one of the characters we met along the way in all five of these books. This author has a wonderful storytelling ability giving us one whole complete storyline that can be drawn out and intertwined throughout several books. This book was seriously good and I know it will be a series I come back to and re-read in the future. I loved all of these men so much.

Ev
Ruthie Taylor
Sep 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
~~I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads ~~

This is the fifth, and very sadly the final, book in this series. It has been an amazing collection of stories which have over the last three years given us some absolutely beautiful, but heart-rending stories. Rest assured you will need a tissue for this one too! I really suggest that you read this books in order, as there is much that you will out on if you don't. I am writing this review assuming you do know what has
Barb ~rede-2-read~
Those who have been reading the Montana series may recall that, in A Cowboy's Home, Justin returned to Crooked Tree Ranch because he wanted to see his father again and there was an incident in which an assassin from his past, a former coworker, came along to kill him but decided against it. Well, that guy was Rob, who has now retired from his former hit man role and is dying from lead poisoning caused by a fragmented bullet lodged against his spine. When he goes to say goodbye to his sister, he ...more
Lora
5 out of 5 stars!

I’m not sure if I’m on an emotional low right now and everything is making me cry or if the authors I’m currently reading are just hitting the right spot with their words, but this book caused me to shed more than a few tears.

Rob is running away from life and taking his newly acquired nephews to the one place he thinks they can live a happy life and not notice that he’s missing from it. Aaron is a paramedic who hasn’t been interested in a real relationship since he lost his las
JenMcJ
Sep 01, 2018 rated it liked it
For the final book, I was really kind of hoping for a little more growth for the series but it fell right in with the same formula that all the other books in the series followed. For the seriousness of this issue, the book was much, much too short and the instalove (again) was unbelievable. I actually loved the idea of these guys, Aaron and Rob but I feel like we were robbed of a full blooded story around serious issues. Not just Rob, but the other issues that are so briefly touched on but then ...more
Paul
Aug 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Rob and Aaron are a wonderful match and Rob's situation is totally unexpected (but AMAZING).

I've heard that this is the wrap up for the series, and if that is correct, then Ms. Scott has done herself proud and given the readers a lovely gift as an ending. There are nods/glimpses of previous series characters, but they are only brought in when it makes sense. This entire series has been a HUGE emotional roller-coaster and this story is no different. You probably will need tissues.

It's tough to ta
Heather Martin
Sep 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
**Copy provided to Bayou Book Junkie by Signal Boost Promotions for my reading pleasure in hopes of an unbiased opinion, a review was not a requirement.**

Second Chance Ranch is book 5 and the final book in R.J. Scott’s Montana series. Though you could probably read this book by itself, it really does tie with the previous books and characters so you’ll get more enjoyment reading the whole series.

This was not my favorite book of the series. I spent most of the book not liking Rob who spent most
Love Bytes Reviews
Sep 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Reviewed by Tori (Vicki)

Rob appeared earlier in this series as a mysterious character attached to Justin and his drama when he was missing from the family ranch. The two were involved in some shady shit, kinda government, kinda military, kinda assassins, but not a good situation for any of them. Now as this book starts, Rob has some issues. His sister has died a year ago, he was so far out of touch that he didn’t know, and his two young nephews end up in the foster system. He’s also injured, and
Jay
Sep 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kebb, mm-romance
Second Chance Ranch by RJ Scott, the fifth installment in her Montana series, returns with the primary focus on family. All of the old crew is present, and we catch up a bit with each of them. There is no easing into this episode as we are immediately thrown into drama, tragedy, and regret. Second Chance Ranch could be read as a standalone, but to get the full impact of the shenanigans, it’s probably better to read the other books first.

Aaron Carter, a former army medic now small-town paramedic,
Natosha Wilson
Sep 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow, the name of this book could not have been more accurate for this book. One of the main characters truly needed a second chance and that is what he got but in order for the second chance to make a true difference, then he will have to accept this chance at not only a family and love but also at life itself. RJ Scott did an amazing job on this book. I truly did not know what was going to happen.

Rob knows that when he found out that his nephews lost their mother and that they were in foster c
ButtonsMom2003
Aug 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: xd-assigned-read
I'm sorry to see this series end.

RJ Scott always knows how to rip my heart out (in the best way) and put it back together again. I read my first RJ Scott book back in February 2016 and I was hooked. Her backlist is huge so I still have a ways to go to read them all but to-date I've read about 78 of her books and haven't looked back. Her Montana series was among the first I read and it's been a great ride reading all of the wonderful books in this series.

So, Second Chance Ranch is a very emotiona
Cee Brown
*✫)
.•.•*)Rob Brady knew three things. His sister was dead, he was guardian to her two boys, and he was stuck in hell.
✮ (.•

I always run toward an R.J. Scott book... This was one of the first times I felt a whoosh at the end of my read. With this being the end of an era, I was looking for so much more from one of my favorite author. This was supposed to be the book that exploded and be the gift that kept on giving. Both characters Aaron and Rob made their a good impression in A Cowboy's Home, book
Susan65
Nov 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Reviewed for The Blogger Girls

I kinda loved Rob. Even though he is a pretty scary guy, and a part of me hated how he “turned” on Justin in book three, I understood. I understood him, I understood his and Justin’s past, and I understood his need to reach out to the only person he could trust, Justin. Justin didn’t want any part of his past coming to Montana or coming to threatened his life with Sam, but he also understood that Rob was desperate…and he came with two small children who needed help.
Manfred
Oct 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
This was a difficult book for me to read and I am very unsure how to rate it.
On the one hand it was quite annoying for a long time, the connection between the main characters was not convincing for me and I had a hard time connecting to Rob.
On the other hand, once he started to sort things out, instead of repeating over and over again, how unfit to be a guardian he was, it became really adorable, with a beautiful happy end, that was positive but still appropriate for the situation and not over t
LeeAnn
Aug 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What I like in a book is great story line, and strong characters that I can love, root for and envision as the story unfolds.
This book has all that and more. As the story unfolded I could "see" Bran and Toby, the young boys in this story, how they physically reacted to their Uncle and those they met . I felt so sad for them even though Bran tried , at 8, to appear strong for his little brother. They took care of each other.
Rob, at first seemed cold. It wasn't til I found out why he was how he wa
Ayla
Sep 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing

I just LOVE Crooked Tree Ranch. This book was just as great as all the other books in this series. After meeting both Rob and Aaron in the previous books, I wanted each of their stories and was excited when I found out they were going to get their HEA. I also adored Toby and Bran in this book. It was emotional seeing them being so closed off at first towards Rob and basically other adults but it was super sweet to see them come around.

All of the times that Rob and Aaron came together
Sep 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars - I was given a copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.

This is the story of two ex service men who fall for each other in small town Montana. Both Rob and Aaron are a little bit older and while Aaron is ready to settle down, Rob can’t see any future for himself.

This isn’t the sexiest or most romantic of RJ Scott’s books. Between Rob’s nephews, his PTSD, his chronic pain and his near-suicidal mental state, he doesn’t have much capacity for sex let alone romance. Aaron,
Amy
Aug 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Crooked Ranch, a place for a second chance but most importantly a chance for healing. I was completely taken by this story, absolutely loved every page. Rob, Navy SEAL decides it’s time to check on his sister and her boys, to find that she has passed and the boys are waiting for him. They’ve been through a lot at such a young age. Rob has a lot of issues, he needs to find a family for the boys. Crooked Ranch to see his friend Justin, and get some help. He doesn’t expect to meet Aaron, he doesn’t ...more
Elle
Aug 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
RJ Scott seems lately to be in the habit of making me cry! However, I love her work, and she's one author whose books I'll read even if there's angst present. I usually avoid such stories like the plague. Warning, as one other reviewer has previously stated: you will need Kleenex at some point 😫

Ms Scott writes so well. From the word go I fell into this story and was keen to see where it would take me. I was also excited to read about some of the characters from previous books in the series. I wa
DTM
Aug 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sigh..I'm so sad it's over. I WANT MORE!! LOL I loved this book....read it in one sitting. This is no doubt my favorite of the series!! So beautifully written, this book seriously tugged at my heart strings...I was sitting at the edge of my seating swearing at RJ towards the end thinking of ways to off her if it didn't end the way I wanted...Thankfully, she will live to write another day!! I will just say that Aaron is da man!! I also loved catching up with all of the families in Montana.
Laurel Looney
Aug 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh my God. This book was amazing. Rob broke your heart and had you demanding that he fight with everything in him. Aaron is the healer and exactly what Rob needs. This one made you shows you how the power of love really is. Fabulous end to an amazing series. Definitely a one clicker.
Nancy Hall
Aug 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A Final Chance!

Love keeps you from giving up once you realize that it's there for you! This story is the absolute essence of this thought.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
A USA Today bestselling author, RJ Scott has published over one hundred novels after discovering romance in books at a very young age. She realized that if there wasn’t love on the page, she could create it in her head, and has become a lifelong writer.

She lives and works out of her home in the beautiful English countryside, spends her spare time reading, watching films, and enjoying time with her

Montana (6 books)
  • Crooked Tree Ranch (Montana, #1)
  • The Rancher's Son (Montana, #2)
  • A Cowboy's Home (Montana, #3)
  • Snow in Montana (Montana, #4)
  • Montana Sky