Start by marking “Undercover Princess (Royally Wed, #2)” as Want to Read:
Undercover Princess (Royally Wed, #2)

Undercover Princess (Royally Wed #2)

3.68  ·  Rating details ·  1,255 Ratings  ·  78 Reviews
"THE NAME'S WIND, KATHY WIND...."

With those words, Princess Katherine Wyndham went from sensible sister to secret agent. Her mission: to locate her brother--the long-lost crown prince. Her cover: nanny for handsome tycoon Trey Sutherland.

Caring for Trey's kids came more naturally than any royal duty. And falling for the brooding widower was effortless. But Katherine had al
Published December 1st 1999 by Silhouette Books (first published November 1st 1999)

NinaReader
Jun 29, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobook
4 Fun Fairytale Romance!!!

***Audiobook***

A fun sweet romance with a fairytale twist. The audio was enjoyable. The narration was well done and the delivery of the funny and sexy lines were so fun! I'm sure I looked a bit loony to other drivers that might have seen me cracking up in the car.

Kate is a princess looking for her long lost brother and she believes that he might be the business partner of Trey Sutherland. She's been trying to get a meeting with Trey to inquire about her possible broth
22/8 - *Deep, frustrated sigh* Why is it so difficult to put details about any series a book may be part of on the front cover? Do publishers really think we should all walk around with internet capable phones ready to check what position a book is within a series? Or should we just not care? I get so annoyed when I realise that a book is part of a series, and that it's not the first book. This seems to be happening to me more and more, at least once a month now, and it's only to the detriment o ...more
Kathleen
Aug 31, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2015, romance
Undercover Princess, by Suzanne Brockmann, is apparently part of a series? Whatever, I picked it up because Suzanne Brockmann is the author of a romantic thriller starring a gay couple and so I now automatically grab whatever she's writing lately because there might be queer people in it. This is my life.

Sadly, there are no queer people in Undercover Princess. What there is, is a lot of weird awkwardness, sexual tension, and an oddly rushed ending in which the original mystery of the book never
Kate McMurry
Mar 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is a review of the Kindle Edition of Undercover Princess, originally released as Silhouette Intimate Moments #968

Twenty-five-year-old Princess Katherine Wyndham comes from a small principality in Europe. She is the youngest of her sisters and, in her own eyes, very "plain" compared to the other princesses and her mother, all of whom are heart-stoppingly gorgeous. Katherine has had only one love affair up until the moment of the story. The man involved used her to get ahead and ultimately du
Crysa James
Jun 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
It doesn't matter what Brockmann writes, it's all good. This one is no exception. Love her strong characters. Every book teaches, and this one, more than most (especially a fictional one). Great story, great plot, great characters... what more could you want?
Debbie
I bought this online used as a whim. This was apparently part of a series put out by the publisher in which different authors tackled different royal sisters who go in search of their long-lost brother, the heir to the throne. Despite the very hokey premise, I enjoyed this book. Brockmann's usual flair for characterization carried the story. She almost makes me want to read the rest of the series but I have heard that Brockmann's was the best of them all, so I will give the others a pass.
Pamela(AllHoney)
A quick entertaining read. Hero is a bit of a workaholic and heroine is a princess looking for her long lost brother. She ends up applying for the position of nanny in hopes that hero knows where the possible prince might be.
Denise
Apr 18, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: audio
Audiobook new, text old. Not a good enough book to make up for the hero obsessively checking his fax machine for a message from the heroine. Also, not a stand-alone.
Madelyn
Jan 14, 2018 rated it liked it
So this book was awful. Plot lines were completely predictable. The teenager was angsty but still called her father “daddy”. The main man/father was helpless at parenting without a woman in the picture. The word choice, both in dialog and in description, is strange (ex. talking about true love: “She would soon learn that there was no such banana in the fruit bowl of life.”). Also there was not nearly enough Christmas for a book that takes place around Christmastime.

But I still enjoyed reading t
Amanda
Dec 27, 2017 rated it it was ok
I like the premise and the overall storyline but feel like I missed something. This is part of a series? Is that why it felt untidy and incomplete? Now the real question becomes do I move on or do I hunt for the rest of the series to see if it is more satisfying as a series. Decisions, decisions.
Graylark
Disappointing payoff. With this typical plot, you expect some good feels at the end and some groveling after the blowup.

(view spoiler)
Kya
Jun 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
major procrastination read, sweet and very likable characters, I also liked the relationship development with the kids
Irene Azuaje
Dec 24, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Bastante dura la infancia para los dos pequeños, pero me gustó como la protagonista abordó la situación.
Jami Dutcher
Jun 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!!!!!!
Sandra Patiño
Feb 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Una historia corta y sencilla para pasar el rato.
Nicole
Mar 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Cute.
Lyndi W.
Sep 12, 2012 rated it liked it
The blurb says "With those words, Princess Katherine Wyndham went from sensible sister to secret agent." but I can't figure out just what words they're referring to.

Regardless, this was a cute little story. I think Dougie was actually my favorite character. He was just so damn cute and innocent. Stacy reminded me, unfortunately, of my older sister when she went through her death metal phase. I felt pretty bad for Trey for having to deal with all that animosity.

My inner bitch came out a couple ti
Shea
Jun 24, 2011 rated it really liked it
A "regency romance" set in the present day. This light read was part "Rebecca," part "Jane Eyre" (Brockmann even references this novel) and just a lot of fun. Princess Katherine and her sisters are looking for their long lost brother. They think they may have tracked down his current identity but he is very elusive. Katherine tries repeatedly to get an appointment with Trey Sutherland, this man's business partner. When she finally gets an appointment with him it is through a clerical error and h ...more
Robin
Jul 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
Princess Katherine Wyndham is on a mission to locate her older brother who was kidnapped as a child and presumed dead. This leads her to handsome Tycoon Trey Sutherland who may know something about her brother. Since the only way Katherine can get in to talk to Trey is to pose as a Nanny looking for a job, she ends up caring for Trey's children. Soon she finds that she is a natural at caring for children...and for their father.

I'm working my way through Suzanne Brockmann's backlist and find myse
Christine
Oct 30, 2014 rated it did not like it
I really need to be more careful about checking copyright dates....

I was surprised to see this Brockmann book in the 'new books' section of the library. I've really enjoyed her stories in the past, but hadn't read this one.

Trey Sutherland, desperate for a new nanny, hires Katherine Wyndham for the position, not knowing she's really Princess Katherine. Katherine's desperate to find out information about her brother, so she accepts the position. She falls hard for Trey and also for his two kids. T
M
Feb 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Really fun romantic read, Princess Kathryn and her sisters have been trying to track Down their long lost brother and heir to throne. Kathy takes a job as a nanny to get close to her supposed brothers' business partner. The idea being that she can pose as commoner Kathy Wind until her illusive brother shows up. Kathy is like Mary Poppins , She know just what to do to bring love, understanding and forgiveness into a dysfunctional family situation--winning all their hearts. 2nd book in the series ...more
Mombo
Excellent! If you ever thought of writing the Sound of Music as a contemporary romance, forget about it because Suzanne Brockmann has already done it in Undercover Princess. And done it fantastically, I might add.

Trey is the unmoving father who loves his kids but doesn't know how to show it, Stacy and Doug are the forgetten kids with larger contemporary problems than the von Trapp children ever faced, and Kathy, or Princess Katherine, is sensible and smart and falls in love with the dad and the
Maria
Jul 03, 2010 rated it liked it
Princess Katherine Wyndham has joined with her sisters to search for their long lost brother. She tracks down a clue leading her to Trey Sutherland's elusive business partner. Through a misunderstanding with his secretary when she goes to talk to Trey she is offered the position of nanny to his two children. Accepting the position so that she can find her brother she finds more than she was ever expecting. A family of her own.

Why I picked up this book: Suzanne Brockmann.

Why I finished this book:
Russty
Feb 23, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not bad, pretty good story line, but lots of unexplained gaps to easy to overlook...

But the main plot line in the beginning was finding their "long-lost" kidnapped brother, plot got sidelined in "true love" and never returned to the main plot... Whatever became of the "long-lost" brother???

Hopefully not a to-be-continued, because this one is not worthy of a sequel...

Overall, quite a let-down from MS. Brockmann's prior books, and not because of the lack of "erotic" content, just not up to her exp
Katja
Jun 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
After putting the first book in the Royally Wed series down without finishing it, I thought I wouldn't read any more. Then it turns out that Suzanne Brockmann wrote book 2. I've read *many* of her other books with great relish, so I decided to give this one a try. I was curious what Brockmann would do with this setting, so very, very different from her usual milieu. The answer: a darn good job! I enjoyed this book, and was happy to see the softer side of Suzanne Brockmann. Special mention for th ...more
LillaLovesBooks
I had no idea this was a Harlequin novel until I came to write my review. Apparently this edition is a reprint of a 1999 novel. I should have known from the romantic comedy tropes, but I continued to read on.

Overall, a cute story to take your mind of things, especially if you love romance. I love contemporary romance, but I can be picky. First Suzanne Brockman read and may check out others.

Cute, but not necessarily memorable story.
SweetSue
Nov 13, 2015 rated it it was ok
I really liked the love story - especially that Trey acknowledges that he loved his first wife and even though it's clear that she didn't love him as much, she isn't made out to be unfaithful or awful. The kids were good, which isn't always easy to do in this type of story. Often they are too perfect or too nasty. The rest of the story - the mystery of where her brother is, etc. was mostly dumb. And the ease with which her royalty is swept aside was dumb also.
Bookabulary
Oct 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: royalty-peerage
Read the full review on Bookabulary.

I guess I liked the story well enough. The only problem was that Trey didn't have enough time to grovel in the end. It's not the I-love-you-let's-get-married kind of ending but I somehow felt that he should have worked more to get Kathy back after he fired her while not letting her explain why she was in the position she was in in the first place.
Lorrie
Mar 25, 2015 rated it liked it
Typically I do not read this type of romance. However, I found the Audiobook version and since it was written by SB I gave it a chance. It was better than I thought it would be. It was not up to the caliber of SB’s later work, but it was still well written. The story was cute even if it was a bit predictable. However, I have no desire to read any of the other books in the series, which were written by different authors.
Mindy
Sep 01, 2011 rated it liked it
A sweet modern-day twist on The Sound of Music and Jane Eyre…with no nuns or crazy wives in attics.

***Second Read 3/19/16-3/24/16***
I don't know when I first read this book because my info on the original upload is messed up. Oh well. I read this while I needed filler and the story was a good way to fill a gap. Kathy is a bit ridiculous and Trey is a parent without a backbone, but they finally get it together in the end.
  • The Pregnant Princess - Buah Hati Sang Putri (Royally Wed, #4)
  • A Royal Baby on the Way (Royally Wed, #1)
  • The Princess White Knight - Pengawal Sang Puteri (Royally Wed, #3)
  • Awaken to Danger (Wingmen Warriors, #11)
  • SEAL It with a Kiss (SEAL It With A Kiss #1)
  • Ayah Paro Waktu [Part-Time Father]
  • Basic Training (Harlequin Blaze #238)
  • Her Hero in Hiding (Conard County, #22)
  • Undercover Wife (Colby Agency, #9)
  • One Tough Marine  (Cooper, #3)
  • A Perfect Scoundrel
  • His Majesty, M.D. (The Royal Dumonts #2)
After childhood plans to become the captain of a starship didn’t pan out, Suzanne Brockmann took her fascination with military history, her respect for the men and women who serve, her reverence for diversity, and her love of storytelling, and explored brave new worlds as a bestselling romance author. Over the past twenty-five years she has written more than fifty-five novels, including her award- ...more
More about Suzanne Brockmann

Royally Wed (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • A Royal Baby on the Way (Royally Wed, #1)
  • The Princess White Knight - Pengawal Sang Puteri (Royally Wed, #3)
  • The Pregnant Princess - Buah Hati Sang Putri (Royally Wed, #4)
  • Man...Mercenary...Monarch - Pelangi Impian (Royally Wed, #5)
  • A Royal Masquerade - Pangeran Yang Menyamar (Royally Wed, #6)
  • A Royal Marriage - Pernikahan Sang Pangeran (Royally Wed, #7)
  • A Royal Mission - Cinta Sang Perwira (Royally Wed, #8)
  • The Expectant Princess (Royally Wed: The Stanbury Crown, #9)
  • The Blacksheep Prince's Bride (Royally Wed: The Stanbury Crown, #10)
  • Code Name: Prince (Royally Wed: The Stanbury Crown, #11)

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
    $14.99 $1.99
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Reed (Cold Fury Hockey, #10)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • Always
    $13.99 $2.99
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • One Dance with a Duke (Stud Club, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Heat Wave
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Murder Notes (Lilah Love, #1)
  • Since You've Been Gone
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Stay With Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Affair
    $18.99 $1.99
  • Someone for Me (Someone to Love, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Some Kind of Hero (Troubleshooters, #17)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Love with a Perfect Cowboy (Cupid, Texas, #4)
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be