Start by marking “What Makes Us Stronger” as Want to Read:
What Makes Us Stronger

What Makes Us Stronger

(A Well Paired Novel #3)

Lily Novak’s life in Crystal Cove, Maine is just about perfect. She has a
great group of friends, runs a successful day spa, and has managed to build
her new life without anyone asking about her mysterious past. There’s
nothing more she could want…except maybe to catch the eye of the gorgeous
and introverted carpenter, who also happens to be her friend’s brother.

Ty Parker knew
225 pages
Published October 9th 2018 by Star Hill Press

To ask other readers questions about What Makes Us Stronger, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about What Makes Us Stronger

Start your review of What Makes Us Stronger
Kari Lemor
Sep 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Marianne Rice just keeps getting better and better! I already fell in love with this town and the ladies at the Book Club group. We now get to see Lily, quiet Lily who has been crushing over Ty for a few years. But finally we get to see Ty and dig deep inside his mind to see all his hopes and fears. And he has a ton. I love that this hero has real world problems that aren't discussed in polite company. But they don't make him any less a hero. Except in his own eyes, which he has to overcome if h ...more
Erin Lewis
Oct 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 Star review What Makes Us Stronger (A Well Paired Novel #3) by Marianne Rice

Marianne Rice is a new author to me and why that is, I have no idea. This book was such an enjoyable read from the first page to the last. I was so invested in Ty and Lily and was cheering for them to get their happily ever after.

I loved the story behind the women who are a part of the Crystal Cove book club and I will be going back to read any other books I have missed in this series as soon as possible.

Lily and Ty ha
Denise Van plew
Oct 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is the first time in reading this author. The characters right away draw you into this one. First Lily and what she does and says, then there is Ty with his guarded beginning. This author also puts bits of humor especially where Meatball is concerned. Lily also right away picks you curiosity because you know she has deep secrets thanks to the hints. Ty also has his baggage. As the relationship grows then it starts to creep out what the secrets are but by then you are in for the duration to ...more
Brenda M.
Oct 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Lily is in love with her little town. She's made friends and has her own business. She feels safe and secure in the niche she's found herself in.
Right up until the time that Ty stumbles into her life and fans the embers around her heart.
Coco.V
Mar 16, 2020 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (3/16/2020)! 🎁
N.W. Moors
Oct 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Lily runs the beauty salon and day spa in Crystal Cove, Maine. She arrived here a couple of years ago, a very private person, and only gradually has made friends with the other women in the book club. They still don't know much about her background, and that's the way she likes it. However, Ty has been watching her from the beginning. A long time resident except for a stint in the Army, he's also private and a bit shy. But when a lacy black thong jams up Lily's clothes dryer, Ty comes to the res ...more
Cali Gals
Sep 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The ladies of Crystal Cove are back (YEAH). Front and center in this story is Lily and Ty. I have to admit that having recently binge read the other two books in the ‘A Well Paired Series’ left me impatiently waiting for this one (eek). Reading the others isn’t necessary (blah blah) but I HIGHLY recommend it (wink) so that you can be in the know of ALL the players. Lily and Ty have a beautiful story to tell. Both have wounds and secrets from the past that cause all kinds of interruptions to thei ...more
Donna
Oct 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What Makes Us Stronger is a terrific addition to the Well Paired Novel series. Ty and Lily are perfect for each other. Both of them are a bit introverted but for entirely different reasons. I could fully understand Ty's reaction when he is hurt by Lily's secrecy. Even though Lily had a legitimate reason for her secrecy, there was no way for Ty to know that. I can also understand Lily being hurt by Ty's reaction to her news. I felt for both of them.

It was nice to see depression treated as a medic
Chris
Oct 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
What Makes is Stronger is a sweet small town romance. This is the first book I have read by Marianne Rice and I am definitely going to check out the other books in her A Well Paired series. It is easy to fall in love with the characters of this town.
This book was Lily and Ty’s turn at finding love together. They each had their own secrets and until they found the trust needed in a relationship, they held on to those secrets.
Ty had been badly hurt in a prior relationship and had huge trust issu
Jackie Wright
Oct 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Marianne Rice is a new author to me and after reading What Makes Us Stronger I have no idea why she hasn’t crossed my radar before now well that’s about to change because I certainly will be checking out the previous books in the Well Paired Series and whilst we are talking about this book being number 3 in that series I’m proof this book can be read as a stand-alone because I loved it.
This series centres around the ladies of Crystal Cove and this book is Ty and Lily’s story, both broken souls h
Rebecca Barber
Oct 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Ty Parker is a beautiful man with a not so beautiful dog. Both are trapped inside their heads unable to see the sunshine through the cloud of fog that follows them.

One thing Ty can see, the one thing he can’t unsee despite him trying his best to is Lily Novak. Lily is a mystery wrapped in a riddle. People who know her best, the girls she calls her best friends only know the parts of her life that she dares to tell them. And that’s not a whole lot.

For me the theme of the book was running - Ty try
Teri
May 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
From what they had dealt with in their respective past, these two deserved their happy ending. Ty has a challenge with depression which has caused him to shy away from folks and tend to keep to himself. Lilly while very private about her past is a ray of sunshine with a kind heart. Not when but how the news comes out about her past is almost their undoing. If not for the circumstances themselves then for the results. This is a very tender story that has dramatic effect. Depression is nothing to ...more
Bobbi Haden
Oct 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I am so I love with the well paired series Marianne has written. This latest book will not disappoint. I feel like my heart is invested in these young people and how they manage to come together and find love.

Ty and Lily face many obstacles in working their way toward each other. Ty is a former soldier with PTSD, which no one really knows about. Since his return from war, he’s been very closed about what happened over there.

Lily has some very dark secrets and has been sent here to save her life
Marie Bourgery
Oct 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ty Parker is dealing with depression after spending 8 years in the military. He’s attracted to Sea Salt Spa owner Lily Novak who arrived in Crystal Cove two years ago and doesn’t talk about her past. Lily is not really Lily and when she thinks when Ty’s sister Mia is hit and run because of her she wonders if she has to run again away from her new life, friends, and Ty. There were plenty of funny and sexy moments in this romance. Ty misunderstands her situation even when she tells him the truth a ...more
Sarah Lehman
Oct 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Marianne Rice is a new to me author but I will definitely be reading the rest of her books. This was such a great story & I loved the characters. I liked all the characters & the setting for this book. They both had their own secrets & neither wanted to share them with the other so they had to learn to communicate & share their feelings, secrets, etc. I know she had her reasons for not wanting to share her secrets but it also put a damper on their relationship. And Ty had been hurt in a previous ...more
Merry Jelks-Emmanuel
Oct 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Lily and Ty are perfect for each other because they compliment each others lifestyle. When ty sees smoke coming from Lily's building who goes into protective mode to rescue her. But will Lily's shroud of secrecy over her life cause a rift between her and Ty to the point that they go in different directions? This is a story that is awe inspiring and have you in the corners of our main character not to mention that it captivates your interest until the last page!

I received a free copy of this book
Diane Patterson
Oct 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have to say she did it again! I love this series. Yet again the latest book in Marianne Rice’s Well Paired series doesn’t disappoint. I loved finally learning about Lily and her story. Ty has (I believe) been in each of the books but it was wonderful to finally learn more about him. I don’t want to be a spoiler, but walking through his journey of depression was so well writer. Most of us know someone, are that someone, or have walked with someone through that depression journey. It isn’t easy ...more
Wendy Livingstone
Oct 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is the third book in this series, and can be read as a standalone. Lily and Ty’s story is a small town romance, which deals with depression. This is a well written flawless story, which is filled with secrets, danger, and love. I was intrigued and hooked throughout, and I look forward to reading more of this author’ work, and recommend for all readers!
I voluntarily reviewed an advanced copy for an honest review!
Janet Graham
Oct 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love and Danger in Small Town Coastal Maine
This is not a sweet or clean romance. It is, however, a riveting tale with more plot twists than you can imagine. This is the third in a series of novels about love in a small, coastal Maine town. The novels are long enough to put good detail into the plot and character building. This story stands alone well. I liked this book so much that I am going to read the others in the series. I received this book at no cost and this is my honest review.
Jamie
Oct 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
This is the 3rd book in the Well Paired Series and by far my favorite. I absolutely fell in love with Ty and Lilies story. The author does an amazing job at making you fall in love with the little town and the people who live there. She then pulls at your heart strings and throws some suspense throughout the entire book. I went through a range of emotions with this story and wouldn't want it any other way! Hats off to Marianne Rice for writing a completely amazing story!
Kimberly
Oct 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
The book is a good small town romance read. The book is the third story in the Well Paired series but can be read as a stand alone read. The characters are good. The writing style that brings on the nostalgia of romance story of yesterday but does give some extra spice of today's current read.

Brenda Moser
Oct 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a heartfelt story that deals with depression. It's a small town romance between Lily and Ty who both are struggling and have secrets. Their characters are strong and well developed and the story flows fluidly. I enjoyed reading their story and would recommend this book.

poppy
Oct 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is the first book I have read from this series but it won't be my last what a super read. This was a really sweet small-town romance and I really liked both Lily and Ty neither one trusts easily so they keep thing close to their chest it was wonderful watching these two fall in love and open up to one another. A really sweet book I really enjoyed it
Cassie Ashford
Oct 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is my first read of Marianne Rice and I really enjoyed it! I love Lily and Ty’s characters. Both their strengths and vulnerabilities. Ty most of all because he wasn’t your typical alpha and showed weakness. I was surprised by the twist with Lily. I wasn’t expecting that at all! My only wish was that the ending was different...more solid with their relationship.
Tasha Talks Books Blog
Oct 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a small town romance that deals with depression. Lily and Ty who both struggle with the secrets they have. This story kept my attention from Page 1. I totally have to go back and catch up on all of the characters in the town by reading the previous books in the series. Totally a must read.
Barbara
Oct 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
The third book in the A Well Paired Novel series and I want to read the other books in it. Ty Parker and Lily Novak’s story kept me turning pages this is a well-written story that I enjoyed reading. I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review.
Jennifer Richey
Oct 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a great smAll town romance! Loved the characters and the plot! My emotions are everywhere!! Can’t wait to read more

Thi
Jan 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a good read. I liked the chemistry between art and Lily. I want to see love interest for Thorne. He needs to let loose sometimes. There were some parts that dragged but all in all a good read.
Nadea Croix
Sep 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great book, excellent plot to keep you interested. The writing was equisite and the storyline was impressive

Karen
Oct 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
The book is a good small town story that is interesting and emotional. Characters are intriguingly strong. I appreciate reading this book.

• That Unforgettable Kiss (Kissed By Fate, #1)
  • Play Me (Brit Boys Sports, #4)
  • Unlaced (Ashton/Rosemoor, #1)
  • Finding Sunshine (A Pinetree Novel #1)
  • Lady In Disguise (The Langley Sisters, #1)
  • Forget Me Knot (Crawley Creek, #1)
  • Queen of Klutz (The Sibby Series, #1)
  • Always Mine (The Barrington Billionaires, #1)
  • What Would a Duke Do? (Seductive Scoundrels #4)
  • Wild Irish Heart (Mystic Cove, #1)
  • Maid for Love (Gansett Island)
  • Woodhavens Folly: A contemporary romance novel (The Alpha Billionaire Contemporary Romance Collection Book 1)
  • Mine Until Moonrise (Lost Harbor, Alaska, #1)
  • Always You (Second Chances #1)
  • Lucky Charm (Lucky, #1)
  • Dying To Tell
  • Mother Shucker (The Sibby Series, #3)
  • El Santo (Saint-Sinner, #1)
Marianne Rice writes small town contemporary romance and women's fiction. Her heroes are big and strong, yet value family and humor, while her heroines are smart, sexy, sometimes a little bit sassy, and are often battling a strong internal conflict. Together, they deal with real life issues and always find everlasting love.

When she’s not writing, Marianne spends her time drooling over shoes, eati

A Well Paired Novel (3 books)
  • At First Blush (A Well Paired Novel, #1)
  • Where There's Hope (A Well Paired Novel, #2)