Start by marking “The Red Room” as Want to Read:
The Red Room

The Red Room

3.75  ·  Rating details ·  36 Ratings  ·  22 Reviews
A trusting wife, a perfect husband… a buried secret.

Her husband works in London during the week and comes home at the weekends.

Jane thinks she has the perfect life.

Published September 17th 2018 by Landmark Media

To ask other readers questions about The Red Room, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Red Room

Linda Strong
3.5 Stars

His name is Adam ... married to Jane ... living in a small village. Adam works in London during the week and spends weekends with his wife.

Jane thinks she has the perfect life. A man who loves her, takes care of her, controls every part of life. They've been there 7 years and she knows no one ... Adam doesn't want her talking to anyone because they might ask questions. She has no car, Adam doesn't think she needs one ... she can walk or take the bus when she needs to go grocery shopping
ʚϊɞ Shelley ʚϊɞ
Sep 20, 2018 rated it it was ok
Who is Victoria? Why has Adam hidden her existence? Why does Jane stay secluded in that little town? How come she shouldn't make friends? AND WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED IN THAT RED ROOM!?

This started off quite well with a good plot line, however, as an avid reader of physiological thrillers I would have to say that this book was not at all riveting. The characters were one dimensional and very little insight is given about them so I felt you didn't really get to know or care about any of them. There
Caitlyn Lynch
Oct 18, 2018 rated it did not like it
Tapasya
I kept on reading this as I wanted to know the mystery behind the Red Room. Also I was confused as how Jane has forgotten her past just like that.
Then Adam going off every weekdays living Jane alone in the house was strange. Didn’t he ever thought that her memories might come back and cause her harm? After all she was living alone in a secluded house with no neighbours nearby.

The outcome was not convincing. The ending felt rushed.

(view spoiler)
Keirstin Smith (CloudOfThoughts)
The Red Room by author M.S. Morris is an intense and gripping read! Packed with character and dark twist at so many corners! I really enjoyed this dark thriller by Morris!

Thank you Netgalley and the publisher for an arc copy of The Red Room in exchange for an honest review.
Hayley
Oct 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
This book had everything a good suspense novel needs. Lots of suspicion, and a character that doesn't know when to stop digging. Our main character Jane lives in a small cabin with her husband Adam. Jane doesn't leave the cabin very often and when she does for short periods of time she is always accompanied by her husband who gets home from his job on the weekends. I hated the way that he controlled her every move however I hated the fact that she left him treat her that way always staying put a ...more
Mary
Oct 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Thank you Netgalley and the Xpresso for an arc copy of The Red Room in exchange for an honest review.
Lately, I’ve been reading more Mystery, Suspense and Thriller novels, and The Red Room did not disappoint. Margarita and Steve Morris have made me a little detective throughout the entire book.

I found myself second guessing on what would happened throughout the book. I’ve had plenty of ideas on where it could go but I found out I was wrong. Dead wrong. I was quite shocked at how it all played ou
Morgan Schulman
Oct 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
I received an advanced reader’s copy in exchange for an honest review

Fun little domestic thriller-intriguing twist, strong characters, unexpected ending. A solid four stars- perfect for a cold day in
Connie Fischer
Oct 20, 2018 rated it liked it
Jane and Adam Harvey have received an invitation to a New Year’s Eve party at their neighbor’s, Diana and Michael Potts. Adam wants to decline the invitation saying Jane gets nervous in crowds. But Jane insists that they go. Adam works in London during the week and Jane is at home alone. They have lived here for seven years and they don’t know anyone. Jane feels she needs some friends.

Just at midnight at the party, Jane has a flash back where all she sees is red blood. It’s the Red Room again an
Marianne
Oct 05, 2018 rated it it was ok
2.5
This was ok, some good and some bad. It did stall in places. When I first started reading and I came across lines like:

“No one has ever written me before...My first letter”
“I have never been to a party before”
“I don’t like crowds. Or at least, I don’t think I do.”

I think immediately child, abused wife, or nitwit. None of them being a draw to keep the pages flying. But this is not the case as it is amnesia which may actually be even worse. I read somewhere that amnesia (especially where you c
Alison
Oct 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
I received this book, in exchange for an honest review.

First off I want to start by saying although I have only given this book 4 stars, I would still recommend it as a read.

Firstly I must say that how Jane was acting in the first part of the book drove me insane and how Adam seemed to treat her. I almost felt like I wanted to shout at her and tell her have more sense and not be so compliant.
As the book went on it had me gripped as I really wanted to find out what happened in the red room.
Th
Gina Stamper
Nov 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: thriller
I thoroughly enjoyed the premise and really think this novel could have been elevated just a bit with a more creep factor. There was some creepiness, but not enough for my tastes and what I expected from the synopsis. I want stories like this to haunt me after the fact and that didn’t really happen here.
With that being said, I think that on all other aspects the writing duo of M S Morris really delivered. Their writing seemed effectively controlled and you couldn’t tell you were reading two peop
Samantha Turley
Nov 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: thriller
Sometimes I get to a point where I feel bogged down in a certain genre and need a change. That is when a Mystery/Suspense/Thriller is always my go-to. I feel like they make me think and help get my mind off of things more than any other genre.
There is a great balance between the storyline and characters and the actual psychological element. I found myself on the edge of my seat anticipating the next surprise.
I liked that it was a bit darker, but not too dark and not a gory creepy thriller in tha
jay
Oct 18, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Something is awakening inside me, something is struggling to break free. I do not know if I am ready to allow it.

Terrible. (view spoiler)
Josiemorris
Oct 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This psychological thriller, with its well drawn and believable characters, will draw you into the intriguing plot. It is a real page turner and will keep you wondering and I never could have guessed the ending.
Crystal Gray
Oct 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
This was different for sure! Kind of slow moving until about 1/3rd of the way in. However there was great character building in the beginning. I was not expecting the outcome. WOW!
Edwin Oubre
Nov 16, 2018
Sandra Gray
Oct 31, 2018
M.S. Morris
Sep 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Helene Bernstein
Oct 21, 2018
Teresa
Nov 05, 2018
Johnna Whetstone
Oct 28, 2018 rated it liked it
Did not finish, was excited but could not get into this book. Will let Chapter Chatter Pub know it's released after a small vacation.
Margarita Morris
Nov 07, 2018
Cristie Underwood
Oct 28, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: kindle
This book was one that I was looking forward to reading, but it fell flat of my expectations. I have been reading a ton of psychological thrillers and this one was predictable. It started off good, but then got to the point that I had to force myself to finish it.
Mindy
Oct 02, 2018 marked it as to-read
A trusting wife, a perfect husband… a buried secret.

Jane likes the quiet life, living in a cottage on the edge of a small village in Yorkshire. Her husband works in London during the week and comes home at the weekends. Jane thinks she has the perfect life. The one traumatic event of her life is safely buried and forgotten – until a letter arrives that makes her question everything she thinks she knows…

This was an intense read with so many dark twists! This dark thriller kept it's hold on me thr
RABT Book Tours and PR
Sep 19, 2018
Mel ruxton
Nov 10, 2018
Janice Lombardo
Sep 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
M S Morris is the pseudonym for the writing partnership of Margarita and Steve Morris. Together they write psychological thrillers and crime novels. The couple are married and live in Oxfordshire. They have two sons.