Start by marking “The Girl, the Bear and the Magic Shoes” as Want to Read:
The Girl, the Bear and the Magic Shoes

The Girl, the Bear and the Magic Shoes

Josephine has some new running shoes, and the shoe-shop lady says they are Magic! But will they be able to save her from a bear who’s getting nearer, and nearer, and nearer...
Published September 6th 2018 by Macmillan Children's Books

To ask other readers questions about The Girl, the Bear and the Magic Shoes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Girl, the Bear and the Magic Shoes

Start your review of The Girl, the Bear and the Magic Shoes
Em Yarnell
Oct 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have two young girls. They love shoes and dressing up. In turn they absolutely loved this story about magic shoes. I as a parent am always looking for books that are toically relevent to the things that interest my kids but also tha are a pleasure to read and Julia never fails. This is funny and we have the edition wil the glitter on every page so i'ts not just a delight to look at but it is also interative and tactile. We absolutely love it!
Patricia
Oct 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
At 7 my little girl is getting a little old for these now but her eyes still lit up at the chance to read it before her friends. Whimsical, delightful, and as funny and sweet as always the will make a wonderful addition to any child's book collection.
Alexandra Hunter
Nov 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is lovely and classic Julia Donaldson. Josephine buys some new magic shoes and has to escape a bear, her shoes adapt to the environment she is in and when the bear catches her she finds he only wants to return her old shoes that she left in the shop. Lots of repetetive rhyming.
Isobel
Feb 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
The girl, The bear and the Magic Shoes is a good story to teach children about the importance of helping other people and not thinking about yourself all the time.
Gillian
Jun 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Another great book from Julia Donaldson.
Louise
Sep 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A lovely little story popular with both my children.
BrookesEducationLibrary
Nov 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Entertaining read as usual for Donaldson and full of bright beautiful illustrations. Lots of imagination and lots of shoes!
Alma Toumeh
Apr 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The bear is flowing the girl
Jenna Mills
Fun 3yo liked it
A Severs
Apr 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Reminiscent of We're Going On A Bear Hunt (at least, this is a great comparison text) this non-rhyming story from the tried-and-tested partnership between Julia Donaldson and Lydia Monks is an entertaining story with a twist! Perfect for introducing the little ones to stories with an element of surprise.
Lauren Vickery
Rachel Masters
Nov 26, 2018
Sinéad Kelly
Aug 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another brilliant Julia Donaldson book, my two girls absolutely loved it, my three year old was laughing the whole way through the book!
Stephanie
Nov 03, 2019
Gemma
Sep 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
My children love Julia Donaldson books so we looked forward to reading this one. The story is simple enough, a girl gets some new shoes that happen to be magic- it turns out very lucky that they are, as a bear is following her! Will she get away? Lydia Monks’ illustrations were beautiful.

As an adult I didn’t enjoy this story as much as others by Donaldson, but both my children certainly did! It held their attention and both were full of smiles.
I would definitely recommend based
Anouk64
Mar 15, 2019
Brigette Robicheau
Sep 14, 2019
Growing up
I grew up in a tall Victorian London house with my parents, grandmother, aunt, uncle, younger sister Mary and cat Geoffrey (who was really a prince in disguise. Mary and I would argue about which of us would marry him).

Mary and I were always creating imaginary characters and mimicking real ones, and I used to write shows and choreograph ballets for us. A wind-up gramoph