Start by marking “Found at Sea (Tales of Fate #1)” as Want to Read:
Found at Sea (Tales of Fate #1)

Found at Sea

(Tales of Fate #1)

Captain Kellan Flynn is cursed. All men fear him, and even more so, they fear what the myths make him out to be. The demon of the sea who sails with no mercy and who won’t hesitate to slit a man’s throat if challenged. But there is more to him, and the curse upon him will someday consume him whole. Unless he finds the key to breaking it.

Fletcher has always dreamed of adve
Published August 24th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Found at Sea, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Found at Sea

Nazanin
Sep 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Nazanin by: Shin Mon Thway
Shelves: 2018, mm-romance
4.25 Stars

"Remember this. If you’re ever lost…your heart will guide you home."

Kellan is an evil, cold and merciless. He is cruel and monstrous. There wasn’t anything good about him. he destroyed towns and ships, took captives and killed them. He is the captain of legend.

Legends spoke of me being cursed by the god of the sea and given my unnerving eyes as punishment, but the truth was far less fascinating.

His curse will consume him at his thirtieth birthday, a fate worse than death, much worse. T
Shin Mon Thway
Do you know that I’m a whore for pirates? 😂 Oops, my bad! I mean I’m a whore for swashbuckling pirate romances but I can’t in good conscience say that the first stated fact wasn’t true too. LOL 🤣👏 Anyhow, after reading “Axios” by Jaclyn Osborn and crying myself to sleep, (nope, you wouldn’t find my review on that book because I had to DNF at 70% not because it wasn’t one of the most beautiful novels I’ve ever read but because I couldn’t dealing with the unconventional ending 😭) I admit that I w ...more
♆Hayley
Lolololol. This is garbage.

DNF ~30%, as soon as I read the first sex scene which was my god, SO BAD.
description

How do I dislike this book? Let me count the ways:

1. The first person writing is seriously horrible. I had to text a friend asking about the different tenses because I couldn't figure out why I felt so detached and cringey about everything that was happening. It was the writing. It's really bad.

Example: Pretext - this is while they are making out
"If you stop, there'll be mutiny on this ship, C
Len Evans Jr
Sep 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
The first part of this book was a little slow for me and I actually stalled completely at 35% in, right at the spot where Fletcher and Kellan first have sex... it was not that the writing was bad, it just felt to me like them having sex at that point didn't quite ring true and I thought it should have come a bit later. This is the only non-positive thing I can say about this book as the author hit it out of the ballpark in all other aspects of the book. I thought the MC's were beautifully writte ...more
Tammy
Oct 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyed this read and I'm looking forward to the next book!!
Melanie A.
Sep 09, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m, kindle, lgbtq
3.5 STARS!
"Mermaids, monsters lurking in the depths, curses, and lost treasure - are all as real as you or I".
Lots of adventure. Very sweet. Very light. Very fluffy.

If you're into that kind of thing, you'll love this one! :-)
Alexa
Sep 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 PIRATES STARS!!!!

Loved it. Adored it!
I was a little scared with this one because I only read Axios from this author and the ending... Well let just say I cried A LOT!!
I didn't want to cry here. And I didn't!!

Fletcher was amazing.
Kellan was perfect.

And I want Alek's story now!!!

Beautiful!

description
Monique
Aug 29, 2018 rated it liked it
3,5 stars

I did it again. I created an image of the book in my head before I've even started reading it. It happened to me with Cutlass and now with Found at Sea as well. So let's see. We have a pirate book set in a fantasy world where mermaids, mages, witches, and sea deities are a common thing. Our MC captain Flynn is the most feared and notorious pirate to ever sail this sea. He was cursed because of his cruelty and greed. Now, he must find a way to break the curse before it's too late and he
Bookreader87(Amanda)
Aug 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m
A coldhearted pirate with a curse placed upon him finds himself infatuated with a red haired spit fire who challenges him daily.

This book had action, adventure and romance...really what more could I ask for? This book was entertaining and I devoured it from start to finish. It reminded me of why I'm a fan of this author.

I always seem to struggle more with reviews with books I truly like. So, I'll just share some of my favorite quotes, after all, I highlighted the shit out of this one lol ;-)

“B
♡❀✦☞ Sammy ☜✦❀♡
5 Stars!

Loved this book! I seriously couldn’t put it down. I recommend everybody to read this book if you like feisty redheads and hot sea captains! (And mermaids) 🧜🏼♀🧜🏽♂.
J1B
Sep 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This is one of the best MM romances I've read in a long time. It's on par with Shira Anthony's mermen trilogy, and I'd say even surpasses that in some areas. Really excellent work, I'll be eagerly awaiting the next book in the series!
Claudia
Aug 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was my first MM pirate book and I absolutely loved it!

Jaclyn did an awesome job with this great book!

You'll find adventure, hot pirates, steaming sex scenes and so much more!

Capitan Flynn didn't know what hit him when he met Fletcher... all he knew was that he needed the boy for himself. After finding himself without a home and a job, Fletcher had no other option than to join Capitan Flynn crew and start a totally unexpected adventure...

Kellan and Fletcher are so incredibly hot and sweet to
Marjorie  W.
Sep 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, m-m, pirates
4 STARS

GAH!!!
A few days ago I picked up this beauty and finished it yesterday and omg it was such fun read!

It was a charming love story full of adventure and magical creatures! I loved both Kellan and Fletcher (and they were also absolutely adorable together). I've always had a thing for redemption stories and I think it's safe to say that's part of why I loved Kellan that much. To see him as the ruthless, careless pirate and then get softer and softer as the story progresses because of Fletcher
Beth doesn't write  enough reviews
A sweet pirate tale. The story contains everything I look for in a story but didn’t keep me enthralled.

It’s very probably a case of ‘it’s not you, it’s me’ because several friends rated it highly and I usually agree with them.

I just didn’t become invested in the main characters. Fletcher was a homeless youth given a home and work by a tavern owner. A poor tavern owner that apparently also taught Fletcher how to read & write as well as play the lute. Kellan, our pirate captain, also once a h
Widya Vello
Oh my dear sweet Goddd, I'm truly in loved with this beautiful book. I felt very overwhelmed and it's such a wonder how this book makes me such a big sap. I cried and smiled all along the story. There were lots of heartwarming, romantic and tender moment shared between Kellan and Fletcher. I loved these two to death. Reading their adventure was just like witnessing all the stars are aligned.
All the glorious stars for this book.
Super recommended!!
jazmin
Sep 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
I didn't expect it to like it so much, but I really enjoyed this book! Can't wait for book two
JenMcJ
Sep 01, 2018 rated it liked it
I love pirate stories. This one was pretty good but there were a bit too many obtuse moments for Capt. Flynn that made me doubt his leadership and character.
Karen BookAddict
Aug 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Adoré ! Et maintenant j'ai trop hâte de lire l'histoire d'Alek et son tritton !
Carol Dawn
Aug 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
*Sigh* Leaving reviews can be hard sometimes. Because, all I want to do is rave about everything that I just read. I was to spoil this whole book for you. So, when you read it hit me up so we can can talk…

OH…MY…GOSH… I am no stranger to other worldly, paranormal type stories. In fact, paranormal is the most read genre in my library. So, when Jaclyn announced that she was releasing this book a while back I was beyond excited. Pirates? Woohoo. Gay Pirates..YAAAS PLEASE! It’s definitely something n
luci ;
Sep 09, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
DNF at page 127 (I don't know the %)

Okay, so...yeah. I hate DNFing books yet here I am.

I was excited to grab a m/m book about pirates because I don't think there are enough of them out there and gay pirates are really my thing (I blame Black Sails for that) but...this was not for me.

The characters are so typical: the captain's cold and ruthless but at the same time he's not and Fletcher is the innocent boy who changes him but he's cursed and he feels things for the boy that he's never felt befo
Jessi Hensley
Aug 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
One of my new favorite books!!

Obsessed. I couldn't put it down! I was so excited to read this book and I highly recommend it to anyone! I won't give away any details, but Fletcher and Kellan are such great boys! This has definitely been a great read.
Jacqueleen ♡
Oct 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Some men became lost at sea. But I was found.

Fletcher is a young man with no family and no home and now he doesn't even have a job when he gets let go from the tavern he tends bar in. That is until he finds himself aboard a pirate ship due to captivating the captain...

Fletcher makes a shitty pirate. He is innocent, caring, and kind. He has a loving heart and a good sense of what is right and wrong. Again, not the makings of a pillaging pirate. Despite his timid nature Fletcher thrives on t
Edward
Oct 08, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: mm-read, fiction-read
This is a miss for me. I felt nothing for the romance between Fletcher and Kellan. The reason is partly because of their bad, way-too-soon sex. I was more interested in learning about Alek, which seems to be featured in the next book.
Anita
Ooops!! So I didn't pay attention to the description or the tags so didn't realize this was a fantasy. First clue was the mention of mermaids! What?! But that was fine. Was already intrigued by Kellan and Fletcher's relationship. This rocked a vibe very similar to Kiera Andrew's pirate book. Gruff feared pirate captain and small virginal and young man. My main quibble was the language. I read historical MM and love it but i want to be fully immersed in the time and place. That means that all of ...more
Stephanie A Spear
Oct 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What fun!

Don’t let the cover fool you like it initially fooled me. This is not a cheesy young adult book. It’s a fun sea adventure with sexy romance and fun characters. I can’t wait for the next one!
Sydney
Oct 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Excellent pirate fantasy!

Loved this book. This is the first book in the Tales of Fate series. Kellan is a ruthless pirate of legend and Fletcher is a young man who has been stuck in the same town and dreams of adventure. And adventure he gets! There are pirates, betrayal, mermaids/men and magic. This book was wonderful. I’ll admit, there were some tears shed reading this but it is absolutely worth it. Kellan and Fletcher get their HEA! I’m really looking for the next book in this series.
CakeForBreakfast
Oct 02, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: historical
Found at Sea reminds me a lot of Caged: Love and Treachery on the High Seas but this is lighter spirited and is more condensed.
Abrianna
Aug 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Jaclyn Osborn is a new to me author, I’ve read only one of her books before. Her writing is solid and she knows how to tell a story. I was recommended this book by a friend and author whom I love. I knew that if she thought I would like it then I probably would, because history has shown she has amazing taste.
When I started reading Found At Sea I was enchanted by the world. It’s set in a mythical/fantasy realm where pirates and mermaids, and magic lived. Legends were told, but are they legends?
Rin
Sep 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars!

I liked the beginning of the story and all the characters but my interest waned halfway through the book and it was hard to finish it. I was more interested in Alek at that point. Though overall this was an interesting world and the romance was sweet and a bit on the slow burn side.

I will be eagerly waiting for the next book.
Binay Dhakal
Sep 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.75 Stars or 4 stars

"Some men become lost at sea. But I was found"
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
Jaclyn Osborn was born and raised in the state of Arkansas. When not working her day job, her days mostly consist of writing, reading, and having epic Lord of the Rings watching marathons.

All types of topics in the M/M genre interests her, in both reading and writing, and she hopes to delve into a few of them in her writing career.