Start by marking “Found at Sea (Tales of Fate #1)” as Want to Read:
Found at Sea (Tales of Fate #1)

Found at Sea

(Tales of Fate #1)

Captain Kellan Flynn is cursed. All men fear him, and even more so, they fear what the myths make him out to be. The demon of the sea who sails with no mercy and who won’t hesitate to slit a man’s throat if challenged. But there is more to him, and the curse upon him will someday consume him whole. Unless he finds the key to breaking it.

Fletcher has always dreamed of adv
Published August 24th 2018

Start your review of Found at Sea (Tales of Fate #1)
Nazanin
Sep 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Nazanin by: Shin Mon Thway
Shelves: m-m, 2018
4.25 Stars

"Remember this. If you’re ever lost…your heart will guide you home."

Kellan is an evil, cold and merciless. He is cruel and monstrous. There wasn’t anything good about him. he destroyed towns and ships, took captives and killed them. He is the captain of legend.

Legends spoke of me being cursed by the god of the sea and given my unnerving eyes as punishment, but the truth was far less fascinating.

His curse will consume him at his thirtieth birthday, a fate worse than death, much worse. T
Shin Mon Thway
Do you know that I’m a whore for pirates? 😂 Oops, my bad! I mean I’m a whore for swashbuckling pirate romances but I can’t in good conscience say that the first stated fact wasn’t true too. LOL 🤣👏 Anyhow, after reading “Axios” by Jaclyn Osborn and crying myself to sleep, (nope, you wouldn’t find my review on that book because I had to DNF at 70% not because it wasn’t one of the most beautiful novels I’ve ever read but because I couldn’t dealing with the unconventional ending 😭) I admit that I w ...more
Meags
4.5 Stars

This fantasy M/M romance was the perfect pirate read for me.

Found at Sea tells the story of how a cursed pirate captain, Kellan, finds redemption from his past sins in the arms of his newest crew member, a sweet but fiery redhead named Fletcher.

I adored these two. Kellan was just bad boy enough to be compelling and complex, but never so dreadful in his actions that his behaviour was unforgivable. He did things that made me mad, but I ultimately understood his nature and the reasons fo
Elise ✘ a.k.a Ryder's Pet ✘
Feb 07, 2019 rated it liked it
Recommended to Elise ✘ a.k.a Ryder's Pet ✘ by: Nazanin
⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱*Can Contain Spoilers*⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱

The thing is, the book isn't bad. The concept is good, the characters somewhat awesome, and it is a good read. However, things did bother me, like the was predictable. And much so. I pretty much knew what would happen from the start. Also, a part of me - okay, a huge part - loves bad boys, even bad men. And though I'm not surprised that the characters change, I sorta wanted the main character to continue to be this feared, bad man who was incredibly good to
Hayley ☾ (TheVillainousReader)
Lolololol. This is garbage.

DNF ~30%, as soon as I read the first sex scene which was my god, SO BAD.
description

How do I dislike this book? Let me count the ways:

1. The first person writing is seriously horrible. I had to text a friend asking about the different tenses because I couldn't figure out why I felt so detached and cringey about everything that was happening. It was the writing. It's really bad.

Example: Pretext - this is while they are making out
"If you stop, there'll be mutiny on this ship, C
Len Evans Jr
The first part of this book was a little slow for me and I actually stalled completely at 35% in, right at the spot where Fletcher and Kellan first have sex... it was not that the writing was bad, it just felt to me like them having sex at that point didn't quite ring true and I thought it should have come a bit later. This is the only non-positive thing I can say about this book as the author hit it out of the ballpark in all other aspects of the book. I thought the MC's were beautifully writte ...more
Tammy
Enjoyed this read and I'm looking forward to the next book!!
Eugenia
Pirate Fluff!!

What a fun read! What’s in this tasty little morsel?

A virgin 19 man pinning for adventure.
A demon pirate battling a well-deserved curse.
Whoring.
Fighting
Killing.
Friendship.
Mermen.
Dark witches.
Deflowering—virgin no more!!
Lots of satisfying sex.
A cuddly pirate—who knew?
Treachery.
Death.
HEA.

If you’ve read Axios by the same author, don’t expect that level of magnificence.

This was a very pleasant way to spend a few hours while watching a crusty pirate heart find its beat again
Kathleen
Mar 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, pirates
Overall, an engaging, rollicking bit of fun on the high seas and coastal ports. Would have appreciated a bit less melodrama, far less sex, and more action. On to the next story...

Note: The author was doing so well with nautical terms, and them started throwing in "left" and "right" instead of port and starboard. Add that to her descriptions of island locations of "left" or "right" instead of leeward and windward or north/south, etc. And then there was the use of contemporary slang like "bonkers"
jessica ☾
Mar 16, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5/5* This was a really interesting Beauty and the Beast retelling- and I’ve been obsessed with pirates lately, so this was exactly what I needed! Wasn’t the greatest book ever, but it was decent enough and easy to get through. I would’ve liked a bit more conflict or substance in the plot, and a bit more depth to the characters. I did however, love the ending and I’m excited to read the sequel!
Melanie A.
Sep 09, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m, kindle, lgbtq
3.5 STARS!
"Mermaids, monsters lurking in the depths, curses, and lost treasure - are all as real as you or I".
Lots of adventure. Very sweet. Very light. Very fluffy.

If you're into that kind of thing, you'll love this one! :-)
Bookreader87(Amanda)
Aug 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
A coldhearted pirate with a curse placed upon him finds himself infatuated with a red haired spit fire who challenges him daily.

This book had action, adventure and romance...really what more could I ask for? This book was entertaining and I devoured it from start to finish. It reminded me of why I'm a fan of this author.

I always seem to struggle more with reviews with books I truly like. So, I'll just share some of my favorite quotes, after all, I highlighted the shit out of this one lol ;-)
Alex
Sep 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 PIRATES STARS!!!!

Loved it. Adored it!
I was a little scared with this one because I only read Axios from this author and the ending... Well let just say I cried A LOT!!
I didn't want to cry here. And I didn't!!

Fletcher was amazing.
Kellan was perfect.

And I want Alek's story now!!!

Beautiful!

description
J1B
Sep 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This is one of the best MM romances I've read in a long time. It's on par with Shira Anthony's mermen trilogy, and I'd say even surpasses that in some areas. Really excellent work, I'll be eagerly awaiting the next book in the series!
Monique
Aug 29, 2018 rated it liked it
3,5 stars

I did it again. I created an image of the book in my head before I've even started reading it. It happened to me with Cutlass and now with Found at Sea as well. So let's see. We have a pirate book set in a fantasy world where mermaids, mages, witches, and sea deities are a common thing. Our MC captain Flynn is the most feared and notorious pirate to ever sail this sea. He was cursed because of his cruelty and greed. Now, he must find a way to break the curse before it's too late and he
♡❀✦☞ Sammy ☜✦❀♡
5 Stars!

Loved this book! I seriously couldn’t put it down. I recommend everybody to read this book if you like feisty redheads and hot sea captains! (And mermaids) 🧜🏼‍♀️🧜🏽‍♂️.
☙ nemo ❧
(2.5 stars)

fun craic, but ridiculously predictable.
Claudia
Aug 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was my first MM pirate book and I absolutely loved it!

Jaclyn did an awesome job with this great book!

You'll find adventure, hot pirates, steaming sex scenes and so much more!

Capitan Flynn didn't know what hit him when he met Fletcher... all he knew was that he needed the boy for himself. After finding himself without a home and a job, Fletcher had no other option than to join Capitan Flynn crew and start a totally unexpected adventure...

Kellan and Fletcher are so incredibly hot and sweet to
m.
Sep 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, pirates, m-m
4 STARS

GAH!!!
A few days ago I picked up this beauty and finished it yesterday and omg it was such fun read!

It was a charming love story full of adventure and magical creatures! I loved both Kellan and Fletcher (and they were also absolutely adorable together). I've always had a thing for redemption stories and I think it's safe to say that's part of why I loved Kellan that much. To see him as the ruthless, careless pirate and then get softer and softer as the story progresses because of Fletcher
JenMcJ
Sep 01, 2018 rated it liked it
I love pirate stories. This one was pretty good but there were a bit too many obtuse moments for Capt. Flynn that made me doubt his leadership and character.
M'rella
2 stars

Warning: there is no pirating on page, and - come to think of it - almost none off page either, except for the mass murder of the poor mermaids. Here we have a serial killer, not a pirate.

Aside that one on-page murder scene, Captain Kellan does not live up to his "The Sea Demon" moniker in any way. The only sea-battle is truly botched by the pirates and their captain. It's absolutely mind boggling, considering these are experienced, hardened in multiple battles and pillaging pirates. Tha
Beth doesn't write  enough reviews
A sweet pirate tale. The story contains everything I look for in a story but didn’t keep me enthralled.

It’s very probably a case of ‘it’s not you, it’s me’ because several friends rated it highly and I usually agree with them.

I just didn’t become invested in the main characters. Fletcher was a homeless youth given a home and work by a tavern owner. A poor tavern owner that apparently also taught Fletcher how to read & write as well as play the lute. Kellan, our pirate captain, also once a homel
Elyse
Fletcher is a nineteen years old boy working in a tavern. He is strong willed, feisty and impulsive. He catches the interest of Captain Kellan, a vicious and dreadful pirate that have been cursed by a sea witch and have a violent past.

The Captain and his crew are in search of Triton’s heart and believe that this can end his curse before time run out.

My main problem with this book was Kellan. I have a hard time getting into a romance when I hate one of the M.C. I just couldn’t see what Fletcher s
Widya Vello
Oh my dear sweet Goddd, I'm truly in loved with this beautiful book. I felt very overwhelmed and it's such a wonder how this book makes me such a big sap. I cried and smiled all along the story. There were lots of heartwarming, romantic and tender moment shared between Kellan and Fletcher. I loved these two to death. Reading their adventure was just like witnessing all the stars are aligned.
All the glorious stars for this book.
Super recommended!!
jazmin
Sep 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
I didn't expect it to like it so much, but I really enjoyed this book! Can't wait for book two
Ajà
This book in one sentence: Fletcher is kidnapped by a cursed pirate captain; when they fall for each other, they decide to try and break the curse.
My rating: ⭐⭐⭐1/2
Steaminess: 🌶️🌶️🌶️🌶️
My recommendation: The cutesy cover belies the R-rated aspects of this book. The fairy tale nature of the book was enjoyable, but often predictable. It was a fun read.
Tropes: HAE, evil pirate is cursed by mermaids, true love
Carol Dawn
Aug 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
*Sigh* Leaving reviews can be hard sometimes. Because, all I want to do is rave about everything that I just read. I was to spoil this whole book for you. So, when you read it hit me up so we can can talk…

OH…MY…GOSH… I am no stranger to other worldly, paranormal type stories. In fact, paranormal is the most read genre in my library. So, when Jaclyn announced that she was releasing this book a while back I was beyond excited. Pirates? Woohoo. Gay Pirates..YAAAS PLEASE! It’s definitely something n
Jessi Hensley
Aug 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
One of my new favorite books!!

Obsessed. I couldn't put it down! I was so excited to read this book and I highly recommend it to anyone! I won't give away any details, but Fletcher and Kellan are such great boys! This has definitely been a great read.
Edward
Oct 08, 2018 rated it liked it
This is a miss for me. I felt nothing for the romance between Fletcher and Kellan. The reason is partly because of their bad, way-too-soon sex. I was more interested in learning about Alek, which seems to be featured in the next book.
Jacqueleen ♡
Oct 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Some men became lost at sea. But I was found.

Fletcher is a young man with no family and no home and now he doesn't even have a job when he gets let go from the tavern he tends bar in. That is until he finds himself aboard a pirate ship due to captivating the captain...

Fletcher makes a shitty pirate. He is innocent, caring, and kind. He has a loving heart and a good sense of what is right and wrong. Again, not the makings of a pillaging pirate. Despite his timid nature Fletcher thrives on
« previous 1 3 next »

• Forever Moore
  • Happy Endings (Demon Magic #1)
  • Familiar Beginnings (Demon Magic, #2)
  • Prince of Death (Lords of the Underworld #1)
  • Bind Me in Steel
  • The Alpha's Warlock (Mismatched Mates #1)
  • NoX
  • The Enchanter's Flame (The Ellwood Chronicles #1)
  • The Mysterious and Amazing Blue Billings (Black and Blue #1)
  • How to Vex a Vampire (VRC: Vampire Related Crimes, #1)
  • Little Red (Big Bad Wolves #1)
  • Wishing on a Dream
  • Anhaga
  • Love Among the Stars (Fire & Ash #1)
  • Prince of Air and Darkness (The Darkest Court, #1)
  • The Capital (The Knight and the Necromancer #1)
  • A Ferry of Bones & Gold (Soulbound, #1)
As an avid reader and coffee addict, Jaclyn Osborn can always be found with either a book in her hand or one being written on her laptop. The men in her stories mean the world to her, and she's thankful for each day she's able to do this as a career.
She writes M/M romance across all genres and worlds, including contemporary, historical, fantasy, and paranormal.

Tales of Fate (2 books)
  • The Nymph Prince (Tales of Fate, #2)