Start by marking “A Taste of Agapi” as Want to Read:
A Taste of Agapi

A Taste of Agapi

A sweet, Greek romance that will hook you from start to finish.

Jimmy has a secret.

But when he meets Ren, he can no longer hide it.

Ren is an adventurous comic-book nerd.
He transfers to Thessaloniki, Greece in an attempt to find his place in the world.
What he gets is more than just an escape from his academic family.

Jimmy is a hard working man.
After losing his mother, he h
Published September 26th 2018 by Chris Ethan Gay Romance

To ask other readers questions about A Taste of Agapi, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Taste of Agapi

Start your review of A Taste of Agapi
Ky
Nov 04, 2018 rated it did not like it
I'm beyond frustrated with this book! Who knew that we are homophobic? Who knew that we are bullies? Who knew that we don't accept anyone different from us? Who knew that parents here ask their kids to work all day long to help them with their finances? Who knew that it's a reason to laugh at someone because they don't speak english well enough? Not me, that's for sure!

Thankfully, this book fell into my hands and it opened my eyes about the kind of people we are. I didn't abandon it because I wa
Kendra T
This gave a great description to make me feel like I understood a bit of the Greek culture and setting. I got to experience Greece for the first time through the eyes of Ren, and it was pretty cool. The story itself was mainly about Ren getting familiar with Greece (as he had come there for a student exchange), and Jimmy coming to terms with falling for Ren in a relatively homophobic area. There was a slow burn here with very little explicit scenes, but it worked well for the book overall. I did ...more
Helena Stone
Sep 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
It’s amazing how I sometimes forget that the lifestyle, and attitudes I take for granted in my life are not the norm elsewhere. I was initially shocked to see Greece described as a homophobic country. I somehow assumed that since it’s a European country it wouldn’t be too far behind the north European culture of (mostly ever growing) tolerance. It’s a case of live and learn, I guess, but it makes me sad.

And that’s why I hated how Jimmy thought about himself when the story started. My heart broke
Alison Edmunds
Sep 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Guy with the Suitcase was my absolute favourite read of 2016, so I jumped at the chance of an ARC by this author. The first thing to say is that these books are not at all alike. Nevertheless, I loved A Taste of Agapi.

It is a gentle romance that almost takes second place to the scenes and scents, the food and the drink of Thessalonika. The descriptions are excellent and the flavours of Greece resonate from every page. It isn't written unrealistically though; the good side is always tempered
Cammey Kelley
Sep 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ren, an openly gay man in his home country of England, has no idea participating in an exchange student program in Greece would mean stepping back in time. The laid back attitudes of the Greeks doesn’t mean homosexuality is accepted.

Jimmy, Rens’ student mentor, is firmly in the closet because of the attitudes in his town. With the loss of his mother, Jimmy has to juggle work and school to help is father with debt.

When Ren faces returning home, these boys start putting their lives in perspective
Becca
Aug 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
One of the most places in the world I want to visit. Greece. So this excited me a bit to read it was set in Greece. It's a beautiful country with so much history. This is a cute story. Sweet. Full of dealings with homophobia and bigotry, though. And learning to find oneself and admit to who you are.
Ren was with an exchange program with his university and it came up where he could epgo to another country for his studies. So he decided on Thessaloniki, Greece. When he gets there, he meets up with
Melanie
Oct 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words review

Rating: 4.5 stars out of 5

For the full review, visit https://wp.me/p220KL-eOf

From that review: "A Taste of Agapi is a sweet, low-angst, coming-out romance with some swearing, a little bit of geekiness, a lot of Greek culture and a happy ever after.

If you read that last sentence of the blurb above basically my review is written for me.  All that is true.  Review done.  Shortest review ever!  Excerpt that A Taste Of Agapi by Chris Ethan also opens a windo
Amy Dufera
Sep 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing

A Taste of Agapi is a fantastic, atmospheric romance by Chris Ethan. It revolves around Jimmy and Ren, who become roommates and friends during Ren's semester abroad in Greece. Jimmy, who's Greek, is hiding the fact that he's gay, in addition to be completely ashamed it.

In addition to the romance, we get a wonderful taste of Greece, both the local flair, as well as the political climate. The homophobia and bullying that take place are both shocking and upsetting. I had no idea that Greece, in gen
Jennifer Reilley
Sep 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a sweet story about Ren coming to Greece for a semester of school and being assigned the perfect person to be his guide, Jimmy

These two are so cute together and build a great friendship together and also with Jimmys friends. Ren kinda just fell right in with the group of friends from the minute he got off the plane. Ren is openly gay and Jimmy is very closeted because of the society around him. Can Jimmy take the chance to find happiness with Ren and what will that look like since he li
Tanya
Sep 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a cute love story. Some of the things I was like HUH? How does someone by the name of Dimitris go by Jimmy. I personally think that should have been explained a bit more but whatever. I did have some emotional moments more for Ren than I did for Jimmy, only because Jimmy was being an ass. This isn't a HEA but more a HFN story, and who knows we may get something more another time.

Overall it was a good story and I finished it rather quickly when I was able to get a change to read around p
Aerielle Bondi
Sep 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Chris Ethan is a new author to me. I was drawn to this book because of the location. I have an ongoing love affair with Greece. The author did a great job of transporting the reader to Greece. I also like that the story was set some where other than Athens or Mikonos. I loved all the geeky comic book talks. I really like the character banter in this story. The biggest thing I hated (which is a total person pet peeve) was the fact that Jimmy smoked otherwise this was a great story.
Helen Oakes
*arc received in exchange for an honest review*

This was my first time reading Ethan’s work and it was a good read! The characters were cute and I loved the back drop of Greece - not really a setting you see in a lot of books! However, I didn’t find myself connecting with what was happening and I did find myself skim reading some paragraphs. Despite this, I am going to see what other works Ethan has written and give them a chance!
Diane
Greek and English Customs Collide

Ren is an exchange student in Greece. Jimmy is assigned to help him become acclimated. Their attraction is immediate but that is dangerous in Greece. Being gay could get them in serious trouble. They have decisions to make quickly because the semester is coming to a close. When support comes from unexpected sources, life suddenly looks brighter.
Mrs.V
Sep 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is so cute... I enjoyed it so much
The word that comes to my mind is gentle, although Jimmy has to go trough some inner workings to overcome his misconceptions, there's no exceeding angst and the story flows by with the same relaxed pace of a late spring afternoon in Greece.
Dunia Toledo
Len Evans Jr
Oct 01, 2018

• Socks for an Otter
  • 45 and Holding
  • Open Water (Scandinavian Comfort, #2)
  • Made for You (Love and Family, #2)
  • Wilde Love (Forever Wilde #6)
  • #Royal (Fever Falls, #4)
  • LOL: Laugh Out Loud (After Oscar, #2)
  • Little Harbour (Scandinavian Comfort, #1)
  • Family Camp (Daddy Dearest, #1)
  • Upside Down
  • Happy for You (Love & Family #3)
  • Mr. Frosty Pants (Home for the Holidays, #1)
  • Honeymoon for One
  • Starting from Zero (Starting From #1)
  • The Sweetest Song (Kiwi Guys, #2)
  • Broken Silence (Rock Bottom, #1)
  • Over and Over Again
  • 717 miles
Chris Ethan is a book whore.

He enjoys selling his feelings for money and other pleasures and is blatantly unashamed to do so for as long as he breathes.

Chris writes stories of gay romance.

Before you delve into his books however, be warned: He likes putting his characters through shit-storms and hates anything conventional.

Except for that darned happy-ever-after. He loves happy-ever-afters.

Also