Start by marking “These Rebel Waves (Stream Raiders, #1)” as Want to Read:
These Rebel Waves (Stream Raiders, #1)

These Rebel Waves

(Stream Raiders #1)

Adeluna is a soldier. Five years ago, she helped the magic-rich island of Grace Loray overthrow its oppressor, Argrid, a country ruled by religion. But adjusting to postwar life has not been easy. When an Argridian delegate vanishes during peace talks with Grace Loray’s new Council, Argrid demands brutal justice—but Lu suspects something more dangerous is at work.

Devereux
Hardcover, FairyLoot Exclusive Edition, 474 pages
Published August 2018 by Balzer + Bray

To ask other readers questions about These Rebel Waves, please sign up.
Becky B This is a quote from the publisher's announcement of the book: "kicking off a teen fantasy duology featuring a well-mannered lady, a tortured pirate,…moreThis is a quote from the publisher's announcement of the book: "kicking off a teen fantasy duology featuring a well-mannered lady, a tortured pirate, and an ambitious prince"(less)

Emily May
I think perhaps Sara Raasch is just not for me. Though her books always sound compelling, I once again find myself distanced from the story by the writing, unattached to the characters, and generally apathetic towards whatever was going on.

Sorry to disappoint, but the rumours of gay pirates in These Rebel Waves are false. I guess this will continue to be where I get my gay pirate fix (CW: homophobia, mention of rape). It's not the author's fault; Raasch only ever promised gay romances - of which
Kiki
Dec 12, 2016 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Melanie

ARC provided by the publisher via Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review.

Friends, this just was not the book for me. And you know I hate writing “negative” reviews, so I’m going to try to keep this on the shorter side. But this book and the writing was just equal parts boring and daunting for me. Plus, the magic system was not explained, the characters were hard to like or believe, and I never cared enough to root for any of them. But I think what ultimately made me not love this book was be
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
Beautiful Sprayed Edges!

LINK TO THE GOODIES

I'm on the fence so I'm leaving it at 3 stars for now 😕
Hamad
Actual rating: 1.5 stars

You can find this review and other non-spoilery reviews @The Book Prescription

🌟 Expectations is the keyword here, if you see the top reviews on GR, you will see that they are all readers excited for a “Gay Pirates” story, after seeing all those reviews I was pretty sure that was what we are getting. Obviously, apart from a minor focus on an LGBTQ character, this has nothing to do with the whole “Gay pirates” thing.

🌟 So, this has nothing to do with pirates, this has no shi
Sara Raasch
Aug 22, 2017 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
***The final pre-release contest for THESE REBEL WAVES is happening NOW through July 31!!***
☙ percy ❧
Jul 30, 2017 marked it as tbr-other  ·  review of another edition
i hated Snow Like Ashes but i hear this book is about

GAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
FUCKING!!!!!!!!!
PIRATES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so i'm willing to give the author another chance. ;)
Natalie Monroe
“'As much as I don’t know you, raider, you don’t know me. You have no idea what I am capable of.'

Vex considered. ‘You’re right—I don’t know you. But I know who you want to be, princesa, and that might be more dangerous to you.’”

Snow Like Ashes left me high and dry, but I had high hopes for this one because one, gay pirates and two, gay pirates. Honestly a more wonderful combination of words could not have been invented other than free pizza.

Sadly, as most of you have figured out by now, the g
Dana Kenedy (Dana and the Books)
Review can also be found at Dana and the Books

I should have loved These Rebel Waves. It has pirates, magic, politics, jail breaks; it ticks all the Dana boxes. Sadly, this one was possibly the most disappointing book of 2018 for me.

The Good:

○ It's in Third Person POV. First person POV seems to be the standard for many YA novels so it's always refreshing when that's not the case

○Every time Argrid was mentioned, my brain decided to pronounce it like Madame Maxime saying 'Agrid' in a French accent
Sarah (thegirltheycalljones)
Okay but how am I supposed to take the oppressor seriously when everytime I see his name I read "Hagrid" instead of "Argrid"?
Cindy ✩☽ Savage Queen ♔
3/19/18
Ugh, I swear this was a July 3rd release and now it's been pushed back until August 7th
---
OMG look at this cover!!!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
It is absolutely stunning! I am so freaking excited for this! Because honestly, I just need more pirate stories in my life.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Glad to see that the synopsis is finally up and happy to say I'm still super excited to see where this goes.
✨    jamieson   ✨
“Everyone, remain calm, I’m about to blow some shit up.”
“Nay!” Vex shouted from the pilothouse. “We’ve a kid here now, all right?”
“Sorry. I’m about to chaotically rearrange some shit up.”
“That wasn’t the problem—” Vex started to say.

uhhh. This just didn't work for me at all. And I strongly considered DNF'ing for large parts of it, but skimmed read to the end anyway.

These Rebel Waves is set in a fantasy world where magic has been declared heretic by the powerful Argridian council. Years ago,
Patry Fernandez
entre 4,5🌟 y 4,75🌟

Reseña completa -> https://thewordsofbooks.blogspot.com/...

«Somos más fuertes de lo que ellos jamás soñaron. Tú eres más fuerte.»

He terminado Las aguas rebeldes, y si ya me gustó la autora con su otra trilogía en este libro se ha superado. Me ha encantado TODO, absolutamente todo de principio a fin. La trama, la ambientación, hay mucha acción, aventuras pero sin duda los tres protagonistas son de lo mejor.

Pd: Vex es mi nueva obsesión y adoro las historias de piratas 😍😍😍
Adah Udechukwu
Aug 30, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
At first I didn't flow with These Rebel Waves. The first 10 chapters was kinda weird.
It took a while before I understood the political situation; It was a mess but later the novel got interesting and fun.

When I started the novel I was so sure of my self that I was never ever ever going to read book 2 but things are different now.

Book 1 started making sense half way.
Four stars to These Rebel Waves
Mary Nguyen (fox & wit)
Some thoughts in response to what other people are saying, particularly as a critique.

1) Bland gay characters. Honestly? I hadn’t heard much about this book and didn’t realize it was pitched as an LGBT book. Was it? I don’t know. I can see why people who expected this would be disappointed but for someone who definitely enjoys good LGBT representation, this was not a factor that bothered me. Because that isn’t an expectation I had. Because this was not the POINT of the book. So honestly. If you’
For.fictions.sake (Shelby)
Holy crap. That was so good.

Vex is a babe and officially on my book boyfriend list.

The world was complex but well explained and thought out. I enjoyed both the political side and the magic system. There was just enough balance to make it interesting.

ً
Mar 20, 2017 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
LGBT ROMANCE + PIRATES= A very excited Mar.
I mean, pirates, guys. Come on.
Amanda
Jun 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5*

*I received this ARC in exchange for honest review*

The story follows our 3 MCs as their lives intertwine in a Spanish Inquisition inspired post-War setting.

>Adeluna: Former rebel spy, magic expert,badass lady
>Devereux: Pirate/ Stream Raider, mischievous bugger, secretly a cinnamon roll
>Benat: Gay Prince of Argrid, science nerd, heretic

I really loved all of the MCs. That being said, I had a very difficult time connecting with them. This isn’t your typical action packed pirate book,
Kelly Brigid
description

To my dismay, I thought that this book fell very flat. I had such high hopes for it, and loved so many of the individual elements within in. Unfortunately, all these bits and pieces mesh together in odd ways, and aren't descriptive or unique enough to stand out. I couldn't connect with any of the characters, and the romances felt forced. I also would've liked to have seen more privateering. Considering the title of this novel, I was expecting more swashbuckling and plundering, but it wasn't very
Srta Books
Apr 09, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: abril-2019
4,25/5⭐
Me ha gustado mucho y estoy deseando leer su segunda parte porque puff menudo final 😱 prontito tendréis mi reseña en mi blog y por mi instagram ❤
Aimee ♥ | Aimee, Always
I've been hearing wonderful things about this one, especially these two words: gay pirates . Sara Raasch, BRING IT ON.
enqi ☁️✨ [joon's]
i really want to get the fairyloot version of this book with the pretty green sprayed edges but THE REVIEWS FOR THIS BOOK ARE SO LOW, WHY
J.A. Ironside
ARC provided by Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review

This isn’t a bad book. As in, it’s not badly written or lazy or offensive. It doesn’t deserve to be relegated to a low rating with books that are all of those things. It just really didn’t do it for me. Part of the problem is that I allowed myself to be swayed by hype. I should have compared the hype to the blurb because I was not in the target audience for this book at all. This book is not about gay pirates.

Imma repeat that:

This book
Lea (drumsofautumn)
DNF at a 12% 😭 I was so excited about this, y’all don’t even know. But god, the beginning is so slow and so info-dumpy. Normally at this point I should already be intrigued by something but I'm not.
And thanks to other people's reviews, I know that there’s not a lot of piracy going on, nor are the gay pirates, so I can’t be bothered to give this a bigger chance \_(ツ)_/
Steph
Jan 03, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Why did I not know about this sooner? GAY PIRATES, YES PLEASE.
Elle♣
3 stars

meh

RTC
Nicki Chapelway
DNF- 40 pages.

So yeah, this is disappointing because it looked like it could really shape up into a good story, but Ben one of the three main protagonists is a dirty minded creep and I can't stand him already. Added to the language and it just isn't worth it. Pity, Lu and Vex, the other two main characters, seemed really interesting.
Angela
Nov 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So. Good. HIGHLY SUGGEST READING THIS!!!!!!
There is so much going on and it makes everything a lot more deepthful and meaningful and perfect. The book is circled around all the politics which allows for more action and magic (especially the plants!). And I can't get enough of Vex and Lu and Ben and Jakes, and I need the next book now!!!!!!
rin 눈_눈 READ RED, WHITE & ROYAL BLUE
this cover looks sexy 👀👀👀

~~~~

>>> lgbt romance
>>> pirates

Sign Me The Fuck Up

aaaaaaaaaaa so many books im excited for
Ana M.
Mar 25, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hace unos tres años que leí el primer libro de la otra trilogía de la autora y me gustó bastante. Tenía ganas de leer esta nueva novela de la autora porque pintaba bien y porque tenía piratas. Me ha decepcionado un poco o quizá no ha sido lo que esperaba y/o imaginaba que encontraría.

El sistema mágico me ha gustado mucho. Ha sido original, ha tenido su punto y quizá ha sido de los elementos que más he disfrutado de la novela a pesar de que no se profundiza del todo en ella. Sabemos algunos efect

• The Half King (Untitled #1)
  • Nameless Queen
  • Heart of Thorns (Heart of Thorns, #1)
  • The Midnight Lie
  • Dark Shores (Dark Shores, #1)
  • Circle of Shadows (Circle of Shadows, #1)
  • Fire & Heist
  • The Storm Crow (The Storm Crow, #1)
  • The Bird and the Blade
  • Honor Among Thieves (The Honors, #1)
  • All the Wandering Light (Even the Darkest Stars, #2)
  • Onyx and Ivory (Rime Chronicles, #1)
  • Markswoman (Asiana, #1)
  • Ruin of Stars (Mask of Shadows, #2)
  • The Cerulean  (Untitled Duology, #1)
  • Nocturna (A Forgery of Magic, #1)
  • Beyond a Darkened Shore
  • The Cursed Heir (Spirits and Thieves, #3)
Sara Raasch has known she was destined for bookish things since the age of five, when her friends had a lemonade stand and she tagged along to sell her hand-drawn picture books too. Not much has changed since then — her friends still cock concerned eyebrows when she attempts to draw things and her enthusiasm for the written word still drives her to extreme measures. Her debut YA fantasy, SNOW LIKE ...more

Stream Raiders (2 books)
  • These Divided Shores (Stream Raiders, #2)
“You forgive yourself for what you've done," Edda told her. "You admit mistakes. You learn from them. And you improve.” 5 likes
“Everyone, remain calm,” she announced. “I’m about to blow some shit up.” “Nay!” Vex shouted from the pilothouse. “We’ve a kid here now, all right?” “Sorry. I’m about to chaotically rearrange some shit up.” “That wasn’t the problem—” Vex started to say at the same moment Lu cried, “Don’t—” 4 likes