Start by marking “Christmas on Lily Pond Lane (Lily Pond Lane, #5)” as Want to Read:
Christmas on Lily Pond Lane (Lily Pond Lane, #5)

Christmas on Lily Pond Lane

(Lily Pond Lane #5)

Snow is falling in Little Pondale, lights are twinkling and the smell of pine trees and roasting chestnuts fills the air…

But Mia Ward is in a bit of a jam. She’d planned to rent out Corner Cottage for Christmas but thanks to best friend, Ella Swann, it’s double-booked. Now Mia’s got to let one ‘party’ down, or find another cottage – fast.

Best friends and single mums,
Published September 18th 2018 by Crescent Gate Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Christmas on Lily Pond Lane, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Christmas on Lily Pond Lane

Start your review of Christmas on Lily Pond Lane (Lily Pond Lane, #5)
Berit☀️✨
Shelves: 2018, blog-tour
It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas

Even though today was the first day of October and it was 90F this book sure Did put me in the Christmas mood! This is a story about what happens after the Lily Pond serial and can be read as a standalone... BUT I strongly encourage you to read the previous books they are simply brilliant and so much fun!

This book is The perfect star on top of the Christmas tree, the perfect bow on the present,the perfect Rudolph to your Christmas sleigh.... it was so
DJ Sakata
Oct 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Favorite Quote:

I’ve got the kind of voice that makes a dog sound like a prima donna. Believe me, no one wants to hear me sing. Although I could make you a fortune if people had to pay to get me to stop.

My Review:

Reading this book gave me a contented and relaxed feeling, similar to that satisfying sense of pleasure felt after a good stretch or peaceful sigh. It was quick and enjoyable read and if you haven’t read the previous books in the series, this may pluck at your curiosity and lead you to
Whispering Stories
Oct 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Book Reviewed by Stacey on www.whisperingstories.com

If like me you have been reading ‘The Lily Pond Lane’ series by Emily Harvale, then you will be delighted to know that there is a Christmas book featuring all the wonderful characters. If you haven’t been reading the series, then now is the time to catch up.

Mia, Ella, and their partners Jet and Gill are looking forward to their first Christmas together. Mia and Ella love the festive season and are determined to brighten up the village with
Zoe
Sep 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Romantic, charming, and jolly!

In this latest novel in The Cottage on Lily Pond Lane series, Christmas on Lily Pond Lane, we once again find ourselves back in Little Pondale where a new vicar, holidaymakers, festive cheer, and a wishing tree brings another dose of magic to Mia and the gang just in time for the holidays.

The characters are unique, easygoing, and engaging. The writing is fluent and smooth. And the plot is a lovely mix of budding romance, festive preparations, attraction, chemistry,
Sep 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction
I absolutely loved the other books to do with Lily Pond Lane so was beyond excited to see there was a Christmas book out also. I would encourage readers to read the others mainly because they are fabulous but this reads easily as a stand alone so don't worry if you haven't been fortunate enough to read them yet.

It was great to catch up with the characters again and meet some new ones. I loved the descriptions of the area even more with all the snow and you definitely get the whole Christmas
Alison
Oct 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
I’ve enjoyed Emily’s Little Pondale village series so this one was really the icing on top of the Christmas cake! It’s always a pleasure to visit Pondale whatever the season, you know despite some dramas there is usually a happy ending. But there is something extra special about Christmas, although I don’t really like reading about it in October! But if we have to get into the festive season early then Emily Harvale is one of the top authors to track down and see what she has on offer.

Christmas
Rachel Gilbey
Sep 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a simply wonderful book, I mean it is so Christmassy its fabulous, and I could really picture Little Pondale and all of its villagers.

I'll hold my hands up and say that I now regret not having read the Lily Pond Lane serial released this year, only because from the hints at what went on it , I have missed something that would have been a whole lot of fun to read.

However at no point did I feel lost or anything, and I got to grips with the large cast of characters really quickly, including
Sheerie
Sep 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5 out of 5
Grace J Reviewerlady
Oct 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A fitting addition to this series - and a wonderful festive read!

Once again, we're back in the picturesque village of Little Pondale with Mia and Ella who seem have found the men of their dreams. Over a year has passed since we first met these young women at the beginning of their country adventure, and things have progressed considerably in their lives. But new challenges await - and it wouldn't be Christmas without plenty of snow!

After following this series from the beginning, I feel that I
Beth
Oct 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
i love the cover, totally what pulled me in right away, i love a Christmas read ... love these characters and it was just an all around great read ...quick one for me ... & i look forward to reading more from Emily soon enough. I love Christmas reads any time of the year and just love how they make you feel and just are awesome. loved it! ( ;
Joan
Sep 23, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: abandoned
dnf at 10%

This is supposed to be 'stand alone' but readers need to have read previous books to work out who is who... There are too many boring details - I dont need to know where you have to go to get mobile phone reception or that nearly every cottage had broadband etc etc. DNF
Donna Maguire

I love reading Christmas stories and I loved this series so this was always going to be a win, win for me – I loved it!

The plot was lovely and I thoroughly enjoyed my trip back to Lily Pond Lane. I loved the characters and their interaction. The book was well written and it flowed really well. It is a lovely festive read.

5 stars from me for this one, I loved it and highly recommend it!
Stacey Wendy  Hammond
Jul 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book, this is by far the kind of place I'd love to live. I adore Christmas Chicklit & this didn't disappoint. Looking forwards to reading others in the series now.
Pat Langhelt
Jan 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It's Jan still reading Christmas books so good cosy read
Lyndsay
Jun 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
loving this series
Sonya Alford
Oct 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The months are flying by and whether you like it or not it will soon be Christmas. This is my first festive read of the year and hopefully there’ll be many more to come.

I read the whole of the Lily Pond Lane series and loved it, so I was totally overjoyed when I found out that Emily Harvale had written a standalone novel. It meant I would get to visit the village again and have a reunion with all the characters so to speak. Happy days!

I loved, loved, loved this book. I was totally hooked from
Armelle
Oct 23, 2018 rated it it was ok
I keep getting sucked in by these colorful, fun-looking Christmas books, but this one just didn’t work for me.

There were many, many characters for such a short story. It was tough to keep them straight, and tough to care much, either.

There were lots of oddly, placed commas...

...And lots of phrases that were repeated too many times, deary. (And did we really need to be told quite so many times that Glen’s uncle was the bishop? You know, like almost every time Glen’s uncle, the bishop, was
Julie Morris
Oct 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
So we're back in Little Pondale just in time for Christmas and what a Christmas Mia is determined her first one with Jet will be. She is pulling out all the stops to make it magical for everyone, including the two families that have rented her cottages for the festive season, although that might be a harder job than it seems, as both are harbouring secrets that could mar the festive season. But Mia is nothing if not determined...

This book is so bursting with Christmassy bonhomie that it was a
Jéssica
Oct 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviews
Great addition to the series. For someone that always wants more books when I love a series (which was the case of this series for me), I loved that I could come back to Little Pondale and enjoy another fun and exciting book.

As you probably know I followed this series from beginning to end and I feel like I'm a part of that town in a way. I feel like I know the characters and that made me connect even more with this story, despite some newcomers, because that just made it possible for the
Sharon
We are back in Little Pondale just in time for Christmas. Mia has decided to rent out Corner Cottage for the Christmas holidays but just before her guests are about to arrive she realises she’s double booked it. Not wanting to cancel the other guests, she needs to work out where else they could stay. Things have changed in Little Pondale since last time we visited. There is a new vicar, who isn’t sure whether he’ll stay in the Village and Jenny has taken over her cousin’s bakery to try and ...more
Louise
Oct 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Having read and thoroughly enjoyed all the other books in the Lily Pond Lane series, I couldn’t wait to jump into the latest, Christmas edition. I think this one is definitely my favourite cover with all the thatched cottages covered in snow and the lily pond transformed into a skating rink.

The main character Mia is now thoroughly loved up (I won’t say who with, in case you are still reading the other books) and best friend Ella also has a Christmas twinkle in her eye. They are making
Christie72
Emily Harvale has again given her fans another great addition to her wonderful, heartwarming series. I was so glad to see that there was a Christmas addition!!

Harvale returns with some of my favorites, Mia, Ella, and Jet while meeting new ones. I have to be honest and say though, I was most curious of where Mia and Jet’s relationship is going. These two have had quite the journey, and Harvale exceeded all my expectations!

Harvale has always captured my heart with her storyline and her characters,
Pam Robertson
Oct 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
This standalone return to Lily Pond Lane is full of all things festive. It has all the sparkle and glitter of the Christmas season, with snow, reindeers, red coated visitors. Having read the Lily Pond Lane series, it was lovely to return there to see how they were all getting on. New characters are introduced with ease and are nicely linked in with parts of the community. It all feels so effortless. What a relaxing read!

Both the families who stay in Mia's cottages for the Christmas period have
vicki zimmerman
Nov 11, 2018 rated it did not like it
Background details

I understand a writer has to set the background details in place, in order to tell a story. But, there should be more to the story than just those background details.
I read the first three chapters, with little more than a line here and there of conversation. The rest was just narrative, which I find boring to the extreme.
So, I started skimming through the book, to see if this pattern ever changes. It doesn’t. There are ways of explaining background information without
Mrs A J Geeves
May 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow! And Wow!

Fantastic book, some great new characters in the story to go along with the previous four books but also if you’ve not read the others a great book to learn about the entire story, Emily Harvale I don’t know how you do it but keep writing because your books are amazing and I can’t wait to start the next one!!!!
Jul 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
What better way than to read about Christmas in July! This is the 5th book in the series and it was so good like the first 4. Mia and Jett are celebrating Christmas with family and friends. When Ella double books one of the cottages, Mia has to move in with Jett. All the fun of the run up to Christmas with lots of drama and joy.
Julie Derry
Aug 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lovely heart warming story

Lots of love and happiness. A magical Christmas for all, including all the new characters. Looking forward to hearing more about them all in the next book.
Roberta
Aug 20, 2019 rated it it was ok
I felt this book had a good plot, but to me, talking about spending the rest of your lives together after just a few days is not believable. If they were talking about spending more time together to get to know each other, that would be believable. Just a little too insta-love for my taste.
diane st. onge
Jan 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Christmas on Lily Pond Lane

I really enjoyed this book! The characters were very real and entertaining.
It would be nice if we had a Wishing Tree in our little community.
Hope you the reader enjoy this book as much as I did.
Terri
Sep 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Best Christmas Gift Ever!

A delightful experience! I really love Emily Harvales characters! Her books are sad to end reading! Her books are happy, joyful and just what you hope for!

• Snowed in at The Little Duck Pond Cafe (The Little Duck Pond Cafe, Book 4)
  • Christmas at The Little Duck Pond Cafe
  • Summer at The Little Duck Pond Cafe
  • A Bakery at the Little Duck Pond Cafe: (Little Duck Pond Cafe, Book 5)
  • Confetti at The Little Duck Pond Cafe: (Little Duck Pond Cafe, Book 6)
  • Spring at The Little Duck Pond Cafe: (Little Duck Pond Cafe, Book 1)
  • Bonfires & Hot Chocolate at The Little Duck Pond Cafe: (Little Duck Pond Cafe, Book 7)
  • A Winter Wedding at the Little Duck Pond Cafe (Little Duck Pond Cafe, Book 8): A heart-warming tale of love, family and friendship
  • Christmas at the Little Cornish Gift Shop
  • Whispers at the Bluebell Inn (Hope Cove #4)
  • Escape to Oakbrook Farm (Hope Cove #2)
  • The House on Lavender Lane (Hope Cove #5)
  • Summer at the Old Boathouse (Hope Cove #3)
  • The Bookshop of Hopes and Dreams (Hope Cove #6)
  • Spring at the Little Cornish Gift Shop
  • A Wedding at The Cosy Cottage Café (The Cosy Cottage Cafe, #5)
  • Snowflakes over Moondance Cottage: A glorious festive treat of a read, full of family drama and sparkling romance
  • The Gift of Happiness
Emily writes novels, novellas and short stories about friendship, family and falling in love. She loves a happy ending but knows that life doesn't always go to plan. Her stories are sure to bring a smile to your face and a warmth to your heart.

Emily loves to connect with her readers and has a readers' group in which many have become good friends. To catch up with Emily, find out about the group,

Lily Pond Lane (6 books)
  • The Cottage on Lily Pond Lane - New Beginnings: Part One (Lily Pond Lane, #1)
  • The Cottage on Lily Pond Lane - Summer Secrets: Part Two (Lily Pond Lane, #2)
  • The Cottage on Lily Pond Lane - Autumn Leaves: Part Three (Lily Pond Lane, #3)
  • The Cottage on Lily Pond Lane - Trick or Treat: Part Four (Lily Pond Lane, #4)
  • Return to Lily Pond Lane (Lily Pond Lane, #6)