Start by marking “Bodyguard Bear (Bear Creek Protectors #1)” as Want to Read:
Bodyguard Bear (Bear Creek Protectors #1)

Bodyguard Bear

(Bear Creek Protectors #1)

Kate Kellan never wanted to be an actress. Although she is thankful for the life changing opportunity her career has given her, she wants to move on with her life. All Kate has to do is convince her overbearing mom she isn’t crazy to ditch the career that changed their fortunes. But before she can break the news to her mom, Kate is pursued in the darkness by someone who me ...more
Published August 24th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Bodyguard Bear, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bodyguard Bear

Start your review of Bodyguard Bear (Bear Creek Protectors #1)
Marsha Keeper Bookshelf
Reviewed at Shifter Haven

As we neared the ending of the Return to Bear Creek series we began to hear characters mention the possibility of opening a protection based business in Bear Creek… this series is about the men and woman who put their lives on the line for their clients – and most likely their fated mates as well.

As we begin the Bear Creek Protectors series we are introduced to Red, ex-military and a friend of some familiar faces (remember, several characters from the earlier books in th
Jamoz23
Aug 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great new direction and characters from this author.
A new spin off series that once again gave me a pleasurable few hours of reading and lots of new characters to get to know.
This time we meet Red, a friend and fellow ex-service man off some of our well know Return to Bear Creek book residents whom we have already met.
He is also a resident of Bear Creek but has been in the services and only came home due to his mother’s ill health. He is still grieving after having lost her recently but has agre
JodyL
Sep 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Mystery and love...what more could you ask for

Kate is the main female lead in "Space Monkeys Four", one of Carter Eden's sequel movies. She goes for a walk after having a confrontation with her mother only to be stalked by someone in the park.
Red was in the army with Caroline and Jamie. When he hears that they are starting up a bodyguard company he goes to talk to them about a job. Afterwards, he goes for a walk in the park. He catches the scent of his mate and then realizes that she has a stalk
Rosemarie Grainer
Aug 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great shifter romance with a mystery!

I enjoyed this story and look forward to many more in this series. It was nice to see some characters from previous stories in here. The pace is fast, the tone is upbeat and a little mysterious, the storyline is character oriented with some action and steamy scenes, and the characters are vivid.

You don't have to read the previous series, but you may want to. Start with the box set of Bear Creek and Bear Bluff, then read Return to Bear Bluff and Return to Bea
My2CentsBookReviews
Oct 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Looking for a who did it mystery, with shifter & after mate to top it off, this is your story!

Kate an actress hitting the big screens but with the fame comes the loss of independence, freedom, stalkers.....the cost of fame. Red shifter on his way to a new career as a solitary man a new start. He meets his team in the way and a chance encounter. Kate finds a stalker on her take she thinks she can handle until another twist. Lots of twist n turns to keep you guess on who behind the drama. This is
Jan
Aug 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Red is a bear shifter and ex military meeting up with some old friends from Bear Creek while in search of a new profession after caring for his mother during her terminal illness. Kate is young, but has been pushed into acting by her mother since she was a child. They wind up in the same place at the same time and Red comes to her aid just as she is evading a stalker. She has no real reason to trust him, but there is just something about him. On the other hand, he is flabbergasted to find out th ...more
Patricia Hoffstaetter
Aug 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: finished-reading
This is a short, suspenseful bear shifter romance with an intriguing plot.
There is: bear shifters, a bird shifter, a strong-willed female actress (Kate), a desperate mother (Marylin), a bear shifter bodyguard (Redford aka Red), some intrigue, suspense, twists & turns, mystery, danger, threats, stalkers, memories, friendship, confusion, set-ups, law enforcement, grudges, emotional feelings, fate, mates, attractions, love and a little steam.
The characters are well developed and interesting with in
Linda Dolven
Apr 18, 2019 rated it liked it
It is what you expect

If you wanted a romantic shifter story, then it is as expected. I feel bad that I read this book right after reading an amazing bestselling trilogy... it was hard to shift from that to this type of book. It was very predictable and I knew who the bad guy was as soon as the character said ‘Hello’. No real surprises and the dialogue was a bit stale for me. I probably would have enjoyed it more if I hadn’t had my mind blown by the previous book series I read. Sorry
Janet Hendricks
Aug 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A+++ First Book In Series

I always look forward to reading about Harmony Raines Bear Creek bears and this new series is no exception. A sassy heroine and a big, sexy, protector bear plus catching up with some of my favorite Bear Creek characters was just the right combination to keep me reading way past my bedtime. Throw in some drama, action and suspense and Bear Creek Protectors gets an A+++ grade. So looking forward to reading more of this series.
Michele Henderson
Sep 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shifters, mystery and true mates

Kate an actress is filming what she hopes is her last film. Kate has been acting since a child and is ready to try something new. Kate's mom is worried about her and makes some poor decisions. Red is meeting his friend who is working on the same film as Kate. Red and Kate meet in a park when someone is following Kate. Their lives are entwined and could romance and love be in their future? I highly recommend this book.
Sandra Aaron
Nov 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good shifter romance

This is a good shifter romance, and a good start to another Bear Creek spin-off series. Kate and Red are a likable couple, and I liked that it featured characters from the earlier Bear Creek books. It is a quick read, so there wasn't time for a lot of in-depth character development -- but there was enough to like the couple and to introduce other series characters.
Patricia H. Phelps
Nov 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Red and Kate

Kate is an actress working on Space Monkey s Four. For Kate, it is a high paid job so she could quit acting and start script writing. Someone is following her she she is walking in the Park. She is protected by an unknown man who turns out to be a friend of her movie co-star. As she gets to know him, she falls in love. He is a bear shifter and knows immediately that Kate is his mate. Another great story from Harmony Raines.
Dawn
Aug 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful

I have always loved the Bear Creek Bear Bluff books but this is one of my favorites. This is not only a wonderful shifter Romance with all the passion and drama you expect but it a great mystery too that keeps you guess until the end. I can't wait until the next Protectors book.
Lynn Smith
Sep 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Bodyguard Bear

Red is headed back to Bear Creek for a job with Bear Creek Protectors. Before he gets there he meets his mate. Kate is on set making her last movie, only now she has a stalker. Red will do anything to keep his mate safe.
Another wonderful book in the series. You get to revisit with some past characters and meet some new ones.
Stacey Escalera blog
Sep 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Bodyguard Bear
Was an amazing experience for me.
Harmony has a way of writing overall good books.
This book never bored me.
I liked the MC and the story was told.
Overall if you are interested in shifters Genres then this book is for you.
It was nice to be able to escape in a story this book did that for me.
I voluntarily read an advance reader copy and my opinion are my own.
Belinda Thompson
Sep 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I needs me one of those!

Kate needs Red to protect her...although she doesn’t know that for a while. Their love blossoms reluctantly. Kate and Red’s story is yet another Bear Creek saga I highly recommend you read. Harmony Raines mixes humor with the serious task of bringing true mates together. Always so fun to read. I definitely needs me one of those protectors.
Kirsten Ensman
Oct 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Red best bodyguard ever!

Enjoyable book. The mystery was good even if I figured out who was the "stalker" right away. I love the interaction of everyone from Bear Creek. I would love to at least visit Bear Creek if not live there. I'd rather not have to deal with snow. The place sounds beautiful and magical. I can't wait until book 2 is available. Red is my man er bear!!!
Paul L. Seyler-Schmidt
Oct 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Real love not acting

Kate and Red meet in an unusual way, but feel the pull of fated mates immediately. Struggling to solve mysterious situations brings them closer together.

Raines gives us Bear Creek people outside of Bear Creek. Exciting and fun to read. I recommend reading this book.
Carmen
Nov 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Terrific

Anyone who is a fan will enjoy the latest offering from Harmony. Bear Creek familiar faces show up to start this new series off right! Kate and Red are a welcome addition to the Bear Creek Family and their story is heartwarming and an easy read with a guaranteed HEA.
Looking forward to the next book in the series.
Selina Durio
Nov 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Who’s doing it?

This was a nice “Who’s doing it” story. Kate has a strained relationship with her mother/manager, mainly because she is ready to live her life on her own terms. When danger rears it’s head in enters bear shifter/mate Red. While figuring out who was doing everything was easy, figuring out the why was a little more complicated.
Jo-ann
Nov 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Movie set and mystery.....

Red has come to meet Jamie and Caroline about a a position as a bodyguard, not realizing that he is about meet his mate also in the park. Kate picks up a stalker while walking in the park, at least until she literally runs into Red. Can Red and the other bodyguards keep her safe?

Jo-Ann Doyle
Heather Dale
Mar 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love all bear creek

I loved it, it did not disappoint. I truly love all and anything Bear Creek and how even though it's a different line, you still get characters from other parts of Bear Creek series I hope it continues because I Love all the previous characters from all of Bear Creek.
Marianne
Mar 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Yes, they are fated mates, they meet to soon, but they know how to help each other.

Kate is an actress, she's in a part that is very important to her. Red has lost his mother after taking care of her for a number of months. They meet when someone is chasing Kate, now they have to find out who that someone is.

Read and enjoy.
Lisa Griffin
Not Lonely Anymore

This is the first book of this series and I loved it. It had a lot of suspense, drama, and action. The romantic parts were awesome as well as some of the comedy parts. The characters Kate and Red you will love. My favorite character was Carter though along with his mate.
Sue
Aug 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Kate has a stalker who is trying to scare her and those she loves. Red has shown up to apply for the new bodyguard business in Bear Creek. His first job is Kate, who he finds out is his mate. Throws him off his game for a minute. Some drama going down and some of the old crew here as well.
Cindy
Loved loved loved

Oh boy I love this series.. I also love this world of shifters.. it's so awesome to have other characters from other book be in the current book.. now just have to wait for the next book... thanks for an awesome read..
Sharon Noble
Aug 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a wonderful new series!

The book is all about Kate, who is an actor. She goes for a walk in a park not night & is followed, she runs away & run straight into Red, who is a bear shifter. This book is all about them trying to find out who is after Kate!
angela gunstone
Aug 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Bodyguard bear

Omg couldn't put it down until finished an so hoping mum find a mate as well but enjoyed the characters and the storyline so it's a well deserved five stars and I would recommend this book to everyone and can't wait to read more in this series
Ernestine Webb
Aug 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great new series

I love Red. His love for his mom was so beautiful. I always say a man who loves his mother is a keeper. The mystery was great. I love book with both romance and intrigue nothing better.
Jane Elizabeth
Sep 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I...

I am so excited about this new spin off of the Return to Bear Creek series! Many of the original characters are gathered with a whole new group. I loved this intro story, and am looking forward to seeing where Harmony takes us on this new journey!
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Pegasus Marshal's Mate (U.S. Marshal Shifters, #2)
  • The Tiger Next Door (Green Valley Shifters, #2)
  • Love at Furst Sight (Built Fur Love, #1)
  • Purrfect for Me (Built Fur Love, #3)
  • The Red Dragon's Baby (Shifter Dads, #1)
  • Mine Furever (Built Fur Love, #2)
  • Panther's Passion (Veteran Shifters, #3)
  • Dancing Bearfoot (Green Valley Shifters, #1)
  • Tiger's Triumph (Veteran Shifters, #4)
  • The Midnight Dragon's Mate (Shifter Dads, #2)
  • Day Care Dragon (Bodyguard Shifters, #4)
  • Mated to the Griffin (Elemental Mates #5)
  • The Wolf Marshal's Pack (U.S. Marshal Shifters, #3)
  • The Dragon Marshal's Treasure (U.S. Marshal Shifters #1)
  • The Golden Griffin's Baby (Shifter Dads #3)
  • Top Gun Tiger (Protection, Inc., #7)
  • Jaguar's Joy (Veteran Shifters #5)
  • A Bride for the Dragon (Lost Dragons, #4)
Harmony Raines loves to write romance filled with magic and love. Her men are usually not so alpha, but they know how to treat their fated mates, or alien lovers well.

Email: harmony@harmonyraines.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/harmonyraine...

-----------------------------------------------------
From the author:
If you love shifter romances, sign up to my newsletter at http://www.harmonyraines

Bear Creek Protectors (6 books)
  • Survivor Bear (Bear Creek Protectors #2)
  • Babysitter Bear (Bear Creek Protectors #3)
  • Protector Bear (Bear Creek Protectors #4)
  • Savior Bear (Bear Creek Protectors #5)
  • Doggy Defender Bear (Bear Creek Protectors #6)