Start by marking “Cross Ties (Swamp Heads #5)” as Want to Read:
Cross Ties (Swamp Heads #5)

Cross Ties

(Swamp Heads #5)

4.61  ·  Rating details ·  89 Ratings  ·  60 Reviews
Having his best friend ripped from his life at an early age has carved Zeke into the man he is today. Not being able to address his evolving feelings for her before she disappeared has him still searching for answers sixteen years later. Zeke knows very well he should stop holding onto the dream, as all it does is fuel his nightmares.

Faced with tragedy, Laudy wasn’t given
Published August 25th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Cross Ties, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cross Ties

Neringa Neringiukas
Aug 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This had a bit different feeling then previous books. Maybe because it have more serious and heartbreaking situations. But it still follow pattern of series, about colorful family, that just intrigues you and you want more.
I can't wait for next book. Because... Earle. That guy... Unique is the only word I can come up with. Lol.

PS Safety lovers will adore this book.
Megan Jacob
Aug 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This might be my favorite book in this series. In a family where love at first sight means something, Zeke takes it to a whole new level of dedication. This is a great second chance love story, laudy is just as dedicated to love as Zeke. The sadness that is ingrained in laudys life is ingrained in Zeke's family also. Just a wonderful story of love, family and devotion no matter what. So worth the wait to read and it was the best surprise ever.
M M
Great read, I loved it. Little push/pull in the beginning, but didn't last too long, and I thought it fit in with the story line. No others for either of them which I thought was great. They've been apart for 16 years. Love it.
Ruby Ap.
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to Ruby by: Been reading author's work since the beginning :)
I've a huge fan of the author, Esther E. Schmidt and I've read every one of her books and never been disappointed so when she announced a blind date with a story, I was all for it ;)
Imagine my surprise when I got to started and it was about Zeke! I was so excited to read his story, to know more about him and why he is the way he is and my heart broke for him, for what he thought was the loss of his soul-mate, his best friend, Laudy, who he thought left him voluntarily... I can't spoil everythin
Kim  Brewing
Aug 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Okay confession time - this series has not been my favorite ..... until now!

Maybe it's the friends to lovers, maybe because it's a second chance romance, maybe because it's that both of these characters held on to their feelings for so long, maybe it was just a combination of it all but I loved Zeke and Laudy's story. I had visuals in my head of the items they created and loved that they had that in common.

16 years ago Laudy disappeared from Zeke's life without so much as a note. Much was left
Wendy Hodges
Aug 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow, a surprise release and what a story! Full of anguish, mystery and suspense this is an action packed and thrilling ride, I was gripped from the very first page to the last and I read it in one hit. Super fantastic read and definitely up there as one of Esther's best books to date, that is hard to say because this author does not write bad books in any shape or form. This is emotional and full of love, one that's deep and long lasting. I just wanted this to go on and on, the characters are pe ...more
Melissa Murray Quintanilla
I went into this book blind. No idea what it was about, what the cover looked like or a blurb. I was so happy when to see we got Zeke's book!! I love second chance romances and this one gave me the feels. To see what happened in the past only to bring them back together in the future was beautiful. They so belong together. I have to mention how much I love Earle lol He is so crazy had me laughing out loud, my hubby was looking at me like I was crazy. Can't wait for Earles book!!!
Latifa Morrisette
Aug 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book had me hooked from the first page. Cross Ties is book five in the Swamp Heads series. Going into this book blind was hard but I was excited when I figured out who some of the characters were. This story starts with a bang and ends with one. It has perfect amount of suspense and romance and a storyline that definitely keeps you guessing. I hope to read more from this series.
Teresa Lara
Aug 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved this 2nd chance♡Zeke and Laudays amazing beautiful emotional love story.Looking forward to the next one
Kathy Rouchelle
Aug 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Zeke!!!! Yea, one of the twins who we met earlier. Yep, one of the two pigs of brothers, but the one who did manage to learn from his sister and clean himself up and kept it that way. Only Zeke, I think had a reason for the way he was, and that was Claudette, his best friend since they were kids. The one girl who had his heart until she disappeared--or died, which one he's not sure of, but he is sure that since that night 16 years ago, she took his heart and shattered it. The nightmares continue ...more
AnneKR
Sep 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Zeke has never forgotten about his best friend, Laudy, who disappeared the night her entire family died. He’s always loved her more than a friend but never had the nerve to tell her. He feels that she did not die with them, but for 16 years he has had no luck finding out what happened to her. Even with the help of his FBI agent brother Roscoe, he always comes up empty-handed with the whereabouts of Laudy. But that all changes one day when she comes back home. He is shocked, hurt, and most of all ...more
Shani
Oh, how I loved Zeke!!! In this particular series, so far he's by far my favorite. Zeke and Laudy knew each other in another time in their lives. When life was easier, and you could run through the swampland and embrace love. That ended quickly when their lives were twisted and blown up.

Zeke believes in his heart that Laudy is out there somewhere. He's been determined for years to find her. He has even enlisted his brother to help search. The same brother who makes a decision on is behalf that m
Barbara
Aug 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
FANTASTIC! What a wonderful addition to the Swamp Heads series. This is a quick read that is romantic and suspenseful with bouts of swamp humor thrown in. As for the characters, if you’ve read any of the other Swamp Head books, you know this family is a hoot and fun to read about.

This is Zeke’s story and boy oh boy what a dandy it is. Zeke and his family believe in love at first sight. Zeke knows his true love was Laudy, his best friend since they were kids. But Laudy disappeared 16 years ago th
Kathy Wideman
This is the fifth book in this series and they are better read in order but can be read as standalone books. I love this series and was eager to read this one. I actually got this book in a blind date with a book. No cover, no blurb, no nothing just that the book was by Esther. Zeke’s best friend was ripped from his life sixteen years ago. He didn’t even know if she died that day and now she is back. Laudy jumps at the chance to come back when given it. But things don’t go smoothly when Zeke see ...more
Michaela
Aug 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
To read a book without blurb, cover or any info about the book was kind of exiting, scary and so much fun. You have no expectations. Well that is not true, we are talking about Esther so I knew that the book would not disappoint me.
I have read almost everything she has written. And she has not disappointed me.
It took me a little time to figure out what kind of book this was. I must have missed one book in this series so the name Zeke wasn’t a aha moment.
So the story.
It had you guessing, it was e
Flavs is Mrs David Gandy♥~♥’
Oh my word, what a way to read a book. Don't know the title, just a Blind Date with a book. Holy Smoke I loved it
Zeke lost his best friend when he young and she just vanished. He assumed she was dead, but then low and behold she just pops up one day. No warning, no nothing, just she's there.
Laudy (Claudette) left everything behind the day her family was killed. She left the most important thing behind to protect him, Zeke her best friend. And now that his brother told her she is safe to return h
Katie Kavanagh
Aug 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was such a great surprise from Esther! I have been dying for more Swamp Heads book and Zeke and Laudy's book did not disappoint at all. These two had known each other since they wee kids and knew as teenagers that they were soulmates, which I loved. I loved the mystery and suspense in the book surrounding Laudy's past (dont want to give anything away). Zeke at one point made me want to slap him but then he made me want to kiss the heck out of him! It was great getting to know Earle more , h ...more
Melissa Schaub
Aug 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Cross Ties is the fifth book in the Swamp Heads series and this is one of those series that are short but sweet and have you hooked from the start. With this book, we get Zeke’s story and his was a lot deeper than I expected.

This book starts off with Zeke still suffering nightmare of losing his best friend all those years ago. He is not sure why he suddenly can’t stop thinking about her but he knows something needs to change.

Lauday is back home after sixteen years in the run. She wants nothing
Kori
Title: Cross Ties: swamp heads

Author: Esther E. Schmidt
Rating:5
Release date: August 24 2018
swamp heads is like my one of my favorite stand alone series. It really is comparable to the perfect peace of cake not to big or small just enough to fill you up. There’s not to much frosting or filling and It’s just sweet enough. It’s not to dense and it’s definitely not to fluffy.
Zeke and laudy were the perfect match. I don’t think I would like either character on their own but together it was pure
Jayme
Aug 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received this ARC as a no name, no blurb, no cover mystery that I fell in love with as soon as I realized we were returning to the Swamp. Zeke has been half living since his best friend and love of his life disappeared one night, not knowing if she died with the rest of her family or where she was. Claudette "Laudy" has come back and Zeke doesn't know how to deal with everything now that he knows she is still alive.

I love these two together and how Laudy won't let anyone get away with anything
Elysian Fields
Aug 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
What a heartbreaking yet complete lovely story. This one is full of heartfelt moments and how a man (and a woman) overcome tragic circumstance, years apart, and a psycho to find their way back to each other.

I loved this story and the characters as I have been excited to read more about Zeke. He was different then I expected but more then I thought possible. I loved his growling and possessiveness. He was pure alpha gold. Laudy was an interesting character asvwell, she was only doing what she th
Dee Shelvey
Aug 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow! Esther has found the balance between sweet sexy and suspenseful.

Zeke is a twin, brother, son and hard working. But there is something missing from his life that some of his siblings have found.

Laudy has had some trouble in her past that she has ran away from. But she has always kept up with her work. She has gotten an invitation that she can’t refuse.

Will these two allow themselves to figure things out what they need and want. Can they pick things up from where they left off?

This is ano
Tammi
Aug 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Something different for an Esther Schmidt' book and for this series! I liked it, I liked it A LOT!
Those stinky, messy twins have cracked me up through the other books. So happy to see Zeke get a HEA! Who knew he had a long lost love! Can't wait for Earles story. And extremely curious about Roscoe another brother. Loving this backwoods family!!
The others in this series have been funny rom-coms. This one had it's funny parts, one scene made me spit my water but it added the element of suspense. Th
Shannon Godwin
LaVida Brisco - One Last Page Book Blog
Zeke

****ARC provided in exchange for an honest review****

Esther knows how to write an surprise you when you least expect it. I’ve been missing my Swampheads because I didn’t know who was next and when it was coming. Zeke was well worth the wait and I enjoyed it so much. This family knows when they meet the other half of they soul and Zeke knew that Claudette (Laudy) was it for him. Unfortunately circumstances pull them apart but love has no bounds and if it’s destined the world works in your fa
Mindy Mccray
Aug 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
WOW! What a great addition to Swamp Heads! I went in blind with this book, I had no idea what or who it as about or what series it was from. When I learned my blind date was with Zeke, I might or might not have squealed like a little girl, I will never tell ;). It feels like I have been waiting forever to know more about the sexy, non stinky twin 😙.

Zeke and Laudy's story is an absolutely amazing second chance romance which had me on the edge of my seat. Esther E Schmidt has me intrigued with th
Melissa
Aug 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A book blind date, that was a temptation I couldn’t resist and boy oh boy what a date it was. Um my cat barely lived when he chose to want attention while I was reading let me tell you. Esther’s Swamp Heads series has always been my one of my favourites and the twins definitely added an element to the crazy family dynamics. So seeing Zeke got his story I squealed like a little kid in a candy store. Ok I might of bounced up and down with a gleeful cackle as well. Esther has added another great bo ...more
Cassie
Aug 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Debbie Earley
Aug 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it

This is a story of child hood best friends who find themselves falling for one another, but before they can express how they feel to one another one faithful night changes everything. I laughed, I cried, my heart hurt for Zeke and Laudy. I'm so happy they were able to be e their happily ever after. I wanted to knock Roscoe out for the way he handled things, but in the end he was able to make it right. Earle had me laughing me butt off and I can't wait to hear his story.
Phyllis Wolford
Aug 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
They were childhood friends , until a tragic event pulled them apart and she left for her own protection.
She comes home,because she was told it was ok. They have to figure out where they go from there, and figure out their feelings for each other, that are still there from long ago.
The monster that caused her to run in the first place knows she’s back, and is trying to tie up loose ends, he isn’t caught.
In comes his family to help save the day and take care of the monster.
They are taking care of
« previous 1 3 next »
Esther E. Schmidt, author of Areion Fury MC, Broken Deeds MC, The Dudnik Circle series, and The Swamp Heads series. She’s a graphic designer that also loves to write. She released her first series “Areion Fury MC” in October 2015. Esther lives in The Netherlands with her family, three daughters, and a crazy bulldog. She loves to write erotic Romance about bad boy Alphas with a heart for only one w ...more

Swamp Heads (5 books)
  • Cyrus (Swamp Heads #1)
  • Claiming Elsie (Swamp Heads #2)
  • Chester  (Swamp Heads #3)
  • Loving Mae (Swamp Heads #4)