Start by marking “Simply An Enigma” as Want to Read:
Simply An Enigma

Simply An Enigma

Julian

is awkward, athletic, and knows a fun fact or two. According to his friends, the most important aspect about him is that he's still a virgin. Except, the thing is, sex never crosses Julian's mind. He doesn't understand what the big deal is. Julian's tired of all the pressure. He just wants his friends off his back once and for all.

Quinn

is the captain of the socc

Published August 14th 2018 by Represent Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Simply An Enigma, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Simply An Enigma

Start your review of Simply An Enigma
R.K. Gold
Jul 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Simply an Enigma is a high school tale of self discovery following two characters. The chapters alternate between Julian and Quinn’s point of view. You’ll see a lot of characters you recognize from your own high school experience, the good and the bad. It’s an authentic text by two talented authors who weren’t afraid to create flawed characters. Each mistake makes them more real and reminds the reader of all the trials and errors they had to go through growing up. If you enjoy YA contemporary ro ...more
Grace (BURTSBOOKS)
DNF @ 50%

I really really really tried with this book. I gave it a chance. I wanted to finish it, I really really did. But the more I read, the harder it became. It was almost painful.

The writing is atrocious. There's no other word for it. Everything the characters do is completely dumbed down and overly explained. The author took telling over showing to the next level. Even worse, the characters were inconsistent, a fact even more apparent because their every act was overly explained via intern
Haya
Aug 03, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
ASEXUAL MC. FEMALE LEAD AVOIDING THE SLUT TROPE. I AM HERE.
Cassandra Chaput
This is by far my favorite read of 2018, and maybe even ever. This book is adorable. The story flows easily with the two perspectives, one for each main character. Brittany and Chelsea are both amazing writers, and this book proves that. The dialogue is very genuine, and the characters are well formed and multi-dimensional. Not only is this book cute, but it will pull at your heart strings.
I definitely recommend this book, it needs to be on everyone's shelves!
Savy Leiser
Aug 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Full review time!
There were some things that I absolutely LOVED about this book, so let's talk about those!

First, I thought this book had some amazing asexual representation. I'm hoping this isn't too much of a spoiler, since I know the authors are promoting that this book has ace representation in it, but Julian eventually learns that he is asexual, which is why he hasn't felt the need to have sex that all his friends have. There is a BEAUTIFUL scene where Julian learns what asexuality is. One
Paul E. Petty
Jul 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book had me shouting and cursing and even emotional here and there. But a satisfying and sweet ending to such a great story with well-built characters.‬
Evan Tsoukalas
Aug 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I tend to group the books that I've read in three simple categories: couldn't finish it, finished it but not really happy that I read it, and happy that I read it. This one is firmly in the "happy that I read it" category, which was surprising to me as it is certainly not a genre that I would normally read, covering subject matter (teenagers and high school) that I would not actively seek out for pleasure reading.

That should not be interpreted that I was always happy while I was reading it, howe
Falynn - the TyGrammarSaurus Rex
There was so much I loved about this book - especially the ace rep! That was amazing.

Julian is the cutest cinnamon squish ever and I want to hug him and protect him. Quinn can look after herself, but I'd definitely go out for drinks with her. She was a bit of bitch at times, but she really tried to learn and grow.

But their "friends" are utter jackasses! Wow!

There were a couple of minor negatives that bring this down from a 5 to a 4 for me:

- at times, the internalisation got a bit circular / repe
Myriam
Sep 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: contemporary
I just had my heart ripped to shreds and stitched back together multiple times. And that ending...I melt.
Christie
May 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Simply an Enigma was simply a pleasure to read! The characters are so life-like and well-written that I thought I was back in high school. As someone who was previously not so familiar with the themes and details of the book, it was an incredible experience to learn more about issues teens face. I highly recommend Simply an Enigma, you will not be disappointed!
Pascal
Sep 13, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
First of all, it should be mentioned that this is not a genre I usually read (I guess you'd classify this book as a young adult novel), but I purchased the book on a whim after seeing the author promoting it under a tweet that went viral. Quite random, I know, but I was intrigued by the novel's premise and I thought it couldn't hurt to just try it out.

The novel's plot in itself is pretty solid. Yes, it follows the scheme of a classic romantic story, but the elements introduced by the characters'
Danii Allen
Read as part of the PopSugar Reading Challenge 2019, to fill 21) A book by two female authors.

I... liked this book, but I didn't love it. It had great asexual representation and education, and it did a good job being anti-slut-shaming, but there wasn't much to the actual story. I am asexual, and I love and appreciate ace characters being written by ace authors, but I want us to get to a point where a character being ace isn't their entire story.

I was intrigued at the biromantic heterosexual repr
Bobo The Bard
Sep 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Gwen
Jun 26, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: asexual
Honestly, the best part about this book was the ace rep. It's on point for a lot of experiences and emotions several aces I know have had (myself included) and it was also nice to see a very sex positive girl be accepted.

I questioned character actions a few times, but as a whole I enjoyed this and I do think it'll be an excellent resource for people who are questioning or just want to learn. Stories are powerful, and this is a great ace one.
Alex Lane
A pretty generic teen drama, a little too simplistic and overly dramatic (and with some problematic scenes that aren’t properly addressed) but I loved the asexual representation, and a female lead comfortable with her own desires.
Anne-Marie
There were a lot of inconsistencies, the ending felt rushed, and some how these kids only had Google at the end?
Lisa
Jul 17, 2020
Dani
Sep 04, 2018
Chelsea Lauren
Jul 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Fatima
Nov 09, 2018
Sarah Clapton
Nov 03, 2018
Salem
Apr 28, 2020

• Emergency Skin
  • The Perfectionists (The Perfectionists, #1)
  • Yes No Maybe So
  • The List
  • The Princess Trials (The Princess Trials, #1)
  • The Good Girls (The Perfectionists, #2)
  • Girl at Heart
  • Something New
  • A Song Below Water (A Song Below Water, #1)
  • The Lady Astronaut of Mars
  • Survivor Song
  • The Bird and the Sword (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #1)
  • Sweetest Thing
  • Touching Infinity (The Rogue's Galaxy, #1)
  • Tuesday Mooney Talks to Ghosts
  • The Cybernetic Tea Shop
  • Love From A to Z
  • The Waking Fire (The Draconis Memoria, #1)