Start by marking “The Date Dare” as Want to Read:

The Date Dare

Who knew three words held such destructive power? No, not THOSE three words. I'm talking about the evil word trio that's my own personal kryptonite, that stole my best friend, and took away the only woman I've ever loved:

By the time we were eight, we were best friends.

At fifteen, I gave a classmate a black eye fo
Published November 19th 2018 by After Six Publishing Co

To ask other readers questions about The Date Dare, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Date Dare

Kimberly Carrington-Fox
Es una novella que si se hubiera desarollado podría haber sido un libro entretenido de friends to lovers. Creo que la brevedad lastra la historia, ya que hace que se desarrolle muy rápidamente y es una pena, porque los personajes y la relación que tienen me ha gustado. De todos modos, la pedí en Netgalley pensando que iba a ser justo lo que ha sido, un libro de mono con platillos con una historia nadista, sencilla y con un puntito sexy para pasar el rato.
Anja H.
Mar 21, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: netgalley
*2 SHALLOW STARS*

This book was very very short, and hence felt very very shallow and rushed to me.
I actually preferred Darcy with Tate because I didn’t feel the supposed chemistry between her and Elliott at all.

They went from being best friends for twenty years to doing a complete 180 during the last two chapters and professing their undying love for each other? I just wasn’t buying it.

Received a free copy of this book from the publisher via Netgalley in exchange for my honest review.
Angy Potter - Collector of Book Boyfriends
the-dare-date-IG

I’m loving this new era of Tara Sue Me’s Rom-Com. The Date Dare is a sweet friends-to-lovers romance, with great characters, an interesting plot twist that will keep you stick to the book until the very end and, of course, a happily ever after.

In this story, Darcy and Elliot have been best friends forever, they knew and understood each other perfectly, but their relationship has always been platonic. Until one day Elliot saw something more in her. Something that called his heart. But he was a
Sofia Lazaridou
Nov 18, 2018 rated it it was ok
When I got an ARC for this book, I was beyond excited. I am a fan of Tara Sue Me and I am always happy to read one of her books. Unfortunately, this book was not for me and I had conveniently forgotten about it until the time to review it came. The blurb isn't some kind of prologue to Elliot and Darcy's story. Nooo, we get to meet the flavor of the month and see Darcy date another man, which left us with a tiny 40% to see Elliot and Darcy together. That's only 70 out of the 175 pages and honestl ...more
Surbhi Das
Nov 30, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: arc-2018, 2018-reads
ARC received from NetGalley in exchange of honest opinion!

"But I can't help think that there's something more. That marraige is something more. That love is something more. And nice is nothing but settling. And I don't want to settle. I want it all. I want a fairytale, happy ending, happily ever after, and the to be continued."

Relatively “Date to Dare” makes for a fast and quick read. It’s some 175 pages and took me only about two hours to finish reading it. November has been a very intense
Julie (Jewls Book Blog)
Nov 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Darcy and Elliot have been friends since childhood. Their feelings have been platonic for decades, but in a split second Elliot realizes his are more. However, he doesn’t want to risk losing Darcy’s friendship and friend-zones himself, but when a dating dare between them starts to get serious for Darcy, Elliott needs to man up. So how does he find the nerve to tell his best friend he’s in love with her without losing her? Elliott’s about to find out...

Told from a dual POV, Darcy and Elliott had
Coco.V
Feb 13, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebies
🎁 FREE on Amazon & on iBooks today (2/13/2019)! 🎁

Blurb:

By the time we were eight, we were best friends.

At fifteen, I gave a classmate a black eye for calling her names.
At sixteen, she talked me through asking my cr
Jessica | Booked J
Nov 18, 2018 rated it it was ok
As a note, a copy of this novel was sent to me via NetGalley by the publisher in exchange for an honest review. This does not effect my opinions in any way. Review also found here at Booked J.

Can I get something out of the way first? I LOVE Tara Sue Me. In fact, I've been a fan of hers for the better part of a decade, tracing right back to the Twilight fan-fiction days. I just adore how she mixes steamy romance with wit and a little sweetness, which is why I was so excited to read The Date
Adirondack Reads Romance
As a self-proclaimed sucker for friends-to-lovers romances, I couldn't resist my curiosity with this title. The Date Dare was a light, quick, and fun romance to get lost in for a few hours. It's about two best friends who start to develop feelings for each other. Rather than own up to those feelings, a dare is proposed in which they set each other up with an ideal date. His date ends up in a series of calamities. Her date, perfection. He now is kicking himself for opening the door to his own hea ...more
Claypot_Reads -  Michelle
Nov 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: rom-com
I really enjoyed this book. I had read the author's previous BDSM books so this was a BIG change, but a great read. Darcy and Elliott have been best friends since they were 6 years old. Through every up and down they've stuck together as only best friends can. Until one day everything changes. Then a bet is made & friendships are tested. I enjoyed their banter and their genuine affection for each other. It was a really fun read.

I received an arc of this book
Isha Coleman
Nov 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Why are the things we find most important in life, what we take for granted the most? Darcy and Elliott are about to learn the high price of letting go. The Date Dare is another Tara Sue Me gem. This feel good tale is a heartbreaker with an irresistible couple. Elliott and Darcy have always counted on each other to get them through the big stuff. Their friendship has helped them endure heartache, humiliation and so many other milestones in their lives. When their longstanding bond experiences it ...more
Vanessa
**FULL REVIEW**

"There is no need for me to look for my soul mate. I know who she is."

This feel-good, sexy and sweet rom-com is just what I needed. Read in one sitting, I am always engrossed in Tara's words. The Date Dare is no exception. From page one, I was pulled in and kept turning pages until there were none left...and the happy surprise of another book? Yes, please!

Elliott and Darcy are cute and fun, a perfect combination of sweet and sexy. I look forward to more of these stories from Tar
Mariloli
Feb 18, 2019 rated it liked it
Una historia sencilla, ligera, facil, sin dramas. Algo que agradeci despues de empezar y abandonar 3 libros que ni tan siquiera me molesto en reseñarlos como DNF
Ela
Jan 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-s
Thanks to NetGalley for the ARC. This was a very sweet and cute romantic read that I thoroughly enjoyed. I wish there would've been a little more to the ending like an extended epilogue.
BellaorevBooks
Nov 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
by Tara Sue Me

This was my first read by Tara and it was a sweet, fun, romantic friends to lovers story. This is a quick read and if this is your trope you will definitely enjoy this one.

Elliot and Darcy has been best friends for more than 20 years. They have been each others support and confort for so long and there’s no way they can be without been part of each others life. They want to make each other happy and help each other find THE ONE because that’s what best friends do rig
Anastasia シ
Dec 10, 2018 rated it liked it
Full Review on my blog!

*a copy was provided by NetGalley*

Awww, omg. This was a fun read, it definitely hooked me from the start!

Darcy and Elliot have been friends since they were 7. Their feelings have been platonic for so long but in a split second Elliot realizes his are more. But of course, he doesn’t want to risk losing Darcy’s.

One thing I really didn't like was that title gives the book away, soo it was predictable at times. So, one day they're hanging out with one of Elliot's 'girlfriends'
Sandy S
Nov 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.75 stars--

ABOUT THE BOOK: Release Date November 19, 2018

By the time we were eight, we were best friends.

At fifteen, I gave a classmate a black eye for calling her names.
At sixteen, she talked me through asking my cr
Angel Hatfield
Nov 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Elliott and Darcy Had been best friends since Kindergarten so Darcy felt no one knew Elliott as well as she did. But she can’t figure out why he dates the women he does. Darcy will admit Elliott is a hot guy and she has fantasized about him but she would never exchange that for their friendship. Her parents had divorced when Darcy was eleven , Darcy’s dad had died five years ago. Only Elliott had been her steady support through it all. Elliott works with athletes and Darcy worked in the hotel in ...more
Danielle Cordsen
Nov 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
By: Tara Sue Me

📚💕⭐⭐⭐⭐💕📚

Cute and laugh out loud funny!!!

This is a cute romance that made me laugh out loud ... Elliott's date was priceless! The banter between Darcy and Elliott is so realistic, that I can just imagine those silly conversations happening. This is my first book by Ms. Me and I was pleasantly surprised because the characters had substance and the storyline was cute but still had lots of steam. But what was up with Tate? I guess we'll find out in the next book.
I was six
TheSassyNerd
Dec 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Okay, so I’m not going to lie. This genre of book goes against everything I don’t really like with romance. I’m not a rom-com fan, I like my dark, twisted, kinky, intense reads. Like Tara’s earlier work, The Submissive series.

But the fact is I love Tara’s books, the style, and the way she can capture your mind and run wild with a plot that’ll have you on the edge of your seat all the way through. So when I saw it was in fact a Tara Sue Me book, I grabbed it, one-clicked without even reading the
MaritzalovesBooks
Cate at Fiction Beer & Cupcakes
I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book from NetGalley. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

Up until a year ago Elliot only had best friend feelings for Darcy. Then all of a sudden he realized he loved her. To make up for the fact he couldn’t just come right out and blurt “I love You” he decided to only date fillers. He also never wants to be alone with Darcy so he doesn’t all of sudden ruin the best thing he has ever had.

Darcy has watched over and over again Elliot go thr
Jessica Wannamaker
As best friends for years- you know when they've picked the wrong love interest. So Elliot daring Darcy into a date with Tate turns out to be the best match he could make for her, well except him of course. But she doesn't know that and he's not sure he can tell her.

But as Tate and Darcy get closer though not too close Elliot realizes he needs to put his name in the race.

Imagine what you can do with the right dare.

I have got to admit this was the kind of movie I devour- oh sorry book. No seri
Lynette Ottley
Nov 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Will Love Finds Its Way

Darcy Patrick and Elliott Taber, two delightful people have been best friends for over twenty years and in that time have supported and helped each other with the many joys and tribulations of school life and growing up.

Now grown-up Darcy and Elliott dare each to find a suitable date for each other, after their individual attempts have been unsuccessful. The date Elliott gets is an epic failure from start to finish. The woman turns an hour and a half later and the sport ev
Marsha Spohn
Reviewed at Keeper Bookshelf

The Date Dare is very much a friends to lovers romance… one that almost slipped past Elliot when he made one fatal dare, and picked the perfect guy for the woman he’s been friends with since childhood, and wants her for his own. Too bad that years of friendship is giving him second and third thoughts. Too bad that this guy is absolutely perfect for Darcy. Too bad for the love he feels for his best friend… unless he steps up and does something drastic about it.

Darcy an
Liza Tice
Nov 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of this book through NetGalley. I enjoyed the quick read and will purchase a copy of this book for a friend of mine who I think would completely enjoy this read.
Have you ever been in love with a friend and realized it when it was almost to late or maybe you lost the chance all together? If so this is a book you want to read. The story line is believable and really cute. I think there were moments where more details could be added to make it flow better, but nothing that would m
Terry
Nov 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Darcy and Elliott have been best friends since kindergarten. He has helped her get over a broken heart and she has watched him date many women. It all changes for Elliott at a charity ball when he realizes that he has never been in a relationship because he's in love with Darcy. But he's scared to tell her in case it doesn't work out and then he will lose his best friend. Darcy is clueless to Elliott's feelings for her and so she dares him that she since she knows him best, she will find him the ...more
Becky
Jan 12, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2019-read
Michelle Quintana
Feb 16, 2019 rated it liked it
I don't know what I was expecting when I read this book but it turned out better than I expected. Darcy and Elliott have been best friends since they were kids without any romantic feelings towards each other. However, that has started to change for Elliott. When he realizes that he is in love with Darcy, he doesn't act upon his feelings because he figures she will always be a part of his life. Darcy has thought briefly of what could be between them but doesn't pursue anything because she would ...more
  • The Flesh Cartel, Season 1: Damnation
  • Pinpoint (Point, #4)
  • Vipers Den: Part One Piper & Kade (Viper's Den, #1)
  • Lie To Me (Sexual Misconduct #3)
  • Captive Films: Season 2 (Captive Films, #2)
  • Patience (Choices, #2.5)
  • Katherine in Gold (The Beachy Bride, #2)
  • Twisted Paths (Twisted, #2)
  • Me (Perfect Chaos, #1)
  • Love Hate Love
  • Porter (Dick Dynasty Trilogy, #1)
  • You're the Only One
  • Breaking Skin
  • Behind the Lens (Sexy #1)
  • Little Moments (Second Chances, #2)
  • Scarred
  • My Rogue, My Ruin (Lords of Essex, #1)
  • The Truth About Us (Mills Lake, #1)

NEW YORK TIMES/USA TODAY BESTSELLING AUTHOR

Even though she graduated with a degree in science, Tara knew she’d never be happy doing anything other than writing. Specifically, writing love stories.

She started with a racy BDSM story and found she was not quite prepared for the unforeseen impact it would have. Nonetheless, she continued and The Submissive Series novels would go on to be both New York