Start by marking “We Are (Not) Friends” as Want to Read:
We Are (Not) Friends

We Are (Not) Friends

Two fuzzy friends are having a fun playdate when a new pal hops in. As the day continues, each friend feels left out at times. It isn’t so easy to figure out how to act when everything seems to change. With humor and heart, the beloved characters from Theodor Seuss Geisel Award winner You Are (Not) Small navigate a friendship triangle as only they can.
Published May 1st 2019 by Two Lions

Ivonne Rovira
Apr 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Anna Kang has penned a real gem with We Are (Not) Friends. This picture book does deliver the moral that, just because a friend gains a new friend, doesn't mean that s/he is not friends with the old friends. But, even better, the book alludes to how important it is not to shove aside old, tried and true friends in favor of flashy new ones. A real joy!
BWT (Belen)
Very cute

Great moral, cute graphics, sweet story. As an adult it wasn't excruciating to read and the kids enjoyed it. 😀
Bea  Charmed
Kang's facial illustrations perfectly capture emotions and even without text, it would be obvious what's going on. With sparse, articulate text and delightful illustrations, helps children understand that adding a new friend to your life and your circle of friends is a good thing and there's room for one more. Children will relate to the emotions displayed and laugh at the pictures.
Baby Bookworm
Apr 25, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: our-reviews
Hello, friends! Our book today is We Are (Not) Friends, written by Anna Kang and illustrated by Christopher Weyant, a sweet look at growing friendships.

The two bears (Big Brown and Small Purple) from the previous Kang/Weyant books are back, getting dressed up for playtime, when a blue bunny pops in and asks if he can join. Big Brown welcomes the newcomer, but Purple is less sure, especially when Brown and the bunny break off into intricate dance routine that Purple doesn’t know. The tables are t
Marianne
May 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love this book! Thanks to goodreads and the publisher for a copy. I'm so excited to share this with my students, who need practice on not excluding others!
Jane
Apr 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Using animals in We Are (Not) Friends is an excellent book to read to preschool age children and point out how they were learning to have the social skills. After teaching preschool for many years I have seen many children learn social skills through play as they figured out how to play in groups. This is an excellent book to teach social skills of how to play in groups.
Stephanie Paylor Raufer
Apr 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindergarten
Cute!

A cute little book about sharing and playing with friends. A great book for preschoolers. The characters show their feelings through words and pictures when they feel left out while playing with friends.
Mrs Mommy Booknerd http://mrsmommybooknerd.blogspot.com
A darling book about friends and how when a new friend joins in things can get a bit complicated. But there best friends figure out how to make it work. With bright and fun illustration and simple text new and emerging readers will find success reading this book. Parents will love reading it with enthusiasm and flair! A great book for the whole family!
Toya Taylor
Apr 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cute

Good book for kids. This book shows that you can have more than one friend. It's also okay if you all like to do something different.
Debbie Fisher
Apr 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great story and pictures!

Our granddaughter (4), thought the story was fun. She loved the pink giraffe friend at the end! Great lesson to be learned.
Mary
May 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
With minimal text and expressive cartoonish drawings, the author tells a story of imaginative play, friendship, jealousy, and learning to include others. Young children will be able to understand the story from the illustrations alone, which clearly convey the feelings of the characters. Use with preschool and early elementary students as a discussion starter regarding how to share and play with more than one friend. When reading aloud, it is fun and helpful to invent a separate voice for each c ...more
Tiff M
May 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I won a copy of We Are Not Friends on Goodreads and I'm so glad I did!

My daughter is 2 and has a short attention span when it comes to reading...or anything actually if I'm being honest. What we liked most about this book is that it was easy to make interactive. The illustrations are big and pretty simple with a few bold colors that make it easy for her to point out colors or objects when asked. The sound words were a HUGE hit with her. She actively listened and looked at the book as she anticip
Pam
May 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
The two friends are back and a third friend has joined them. Kang shows the challenges in changing friendships to include more than two. Clever illustrations show the emotions for each character. They do figure out how to make expanding friendship work, and, as you'd expect from Kang, a fourth friend appears on the last page.
Susan
May 02, 2019 rated it really liked it

Thank you to blue_slip_media and @barbfisch for the review copy of this book. All opinions are my own. 🔸

All of us knows how it feels when you and a friend are having a great time, just the two of you, until suddenly someone else joins in. This can happen if you’re 3 or 73, or anywhere in between! Once the third friend appears, things are just not quite the same. 🔸

Our two fuzzy bear friends encounter the same problem when a new friend bounces in and wants to play. They soon discover three’s a cro
Shari E. Cline
May 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very Cute

Teaches a good lesson and my grandkids really liked it. Nicely illustrated, makes a good bed time story for my 6 year old
Areica
May 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome

It was very well written book. It was a very cute story, and very funny and relatable. Will definitely share with friends.
Andrew Murillo
May 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Nice book!

My kid liked the book! We read it twice. Thank you soo much. Very nice message. They want too many words.
Christine D
May 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
This (NOT) series by Anna Kang is such so darn cute, and this is a fun addition.
Emily Swope Campbell
Interesting

This is a good read for younger children. It teaches you that you can have more than one friend and they do not need to be alike.
Matt C McDonnell
Fun kids book

This book is perfect for reaching young students and kids about the natural ups and downs of friendship. . .
Megan - Alohamora Open a Book
Apr 24, 2019 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Preschool and Kindergarten
"You are right. We are not friends. We are best friends."

Being friends is great, and being best friends is even better. However, when a new friend comes into the picture three can be a crowd. It takes some good problem solving, but eventually the friends figure out it's fun to have more friends.

Rating: 3.5/5 stars
Best For: 4-6, PreK to 1st grade.
Clean Read: Yes.
Worth a Check Out: Yes. If you are needing to teach about friendship.
Buy It or Not: Maybe. If this is an area you really need to foc
Barry j pollard
May 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A good book

A very short book. A good read to the point butt could use a few more words withthe pictures need ablittle more
Ingrid W Reinberg
Colorful but not too much content.

Not the ideal book for a kindergartener eager to read and learn new words. Would be great if advice you the reading level of the book. I was hoping more of a story, but basically is just colorful images with lots of onomatopoeias. The title invites for a conversation but lacks on content.
Nazly
Apr 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cute story

The kids loved this book! It is a cute story about making friends, sharing, and even we can use it to talk about managing our emotions.
Tipton/DeSanto #CLASSROOMBOOKADAY
It was silly. It was the most hilarious book we've ever read. It's like the other book I am not small. Thanks for giving us the unreleased book.
Patricia Marleau
Great read-a-long

My grand kids loved this! They related to the story line while chatting about how it was like their own experiences. Think I'll buy some more of her books!
Cindy Hoffmann
Apr 27, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Make new friends, but keep the old...

Very cute story of making new friends and keeping your old friends too. Fun ending will make your child say, "Oh No!"
Mrs. Gayla D. Turner
Cute

I have a young grandson that I enjoy reading to, and he loves reading time when we're together. However, this book doesn't have the substance of content that I prefer in the books that I read to him. The preliminary information suggest this book for P-2 grades, but I would disagree with that, because it's too simple to hold their interest. I am speaking from experience, because I am an elementary school teacher. I am not familiar with this series; I love reading and encouraging children to r
Mary
Apr 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good book for making friends!

I got this book for my grandchildren, because we just moved from our family home that I have lived in since 1997. It was a big adjustment for the children! They have basically lived in two homes and knew all the kids they went to school with.

This book explained how we make new friends and has helped my grandchildren with meeting new friends.

A good book to help children learn to be friendly to others!
Thomas Elliott
Apr 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Children's book

Sweet, cute, adorable animals with delightful drawings. Good message for children of acceptance of one another. Great to read to younger children.
Anna Kang’s debut picture book, You Are (Not) Small, won the 2015 Theodor Seuss Geisel Award. Anna lives with her husband, cartoonist/illustrator Christopher Weyant, their daughters, and their fluffy dog. Visit her at www.annakang.com