Start by marking “Claiming Lily (MacKay International, #2)” as Want to Read:
Claiming Lily (MacKay International, #2)

Claiming Lily

(MacKay International #2)

✅ Romantic Suspense
✅ Rescued by a Millionaire Hero
✅ Virgin (former) Heroine

Can Finn convince me that I want to be his, before my family interferes?

Lily

I may have been rescued from the brothel, but my safety is still in question. My captors are on the hunt and closing in. Finn and I must team up to unravel the truth behind my kidnapping and take down those responsible.

Despi
Published July 22nd 2019

To ask other readers questions about Claiming Lily, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Claiming Lily

Start your review of Claiming Lily (MacKay International, #2)
HEATHER
Jul 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The chemistry between them was explosive!
by sewsummore

This is the second book of a three book series. I have not read the first book and found this book can easily be read by itself. Lilly was found in a Hong Kong brothel, she had been kidnapped from Paris and transported there to service the patrons until the man who arranged her kidnappings pleasure. Her rescue by a friend of her brother was successful but the man responsible still wants Lily. Finn was her brothers partner, after meeting Lily
Annemieke Westerbeek
Jun 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: suspense
The second book of Lily and Finn. They are still chasing after Lily, I love the suspense and the very hot scenes. Will they stay together?
I loved this book very much.
Jennifer Pierson
Jul 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I know that some say that you can read Claiming Lily without reading Uncovering Lily (Book 1), but I don't recommend it because these are short(ish) books with a whole hell of a lot information since there's a suspenseful undertone to the whole situation. See, Finn rescued Lily from a brothel in Hong Kong, as she was kidnapped from Paris, and can't remember how she got to Hong Kong. She's not even sure who would do this to her, but Finn knows there's more to the story than meets the eye. In Book ...more
Char Davis
Jul 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
As we catch up on the exciting action packed suspense filled romance story.Finn an Lily meet her cousin Peter in Paris.Lily an Finn have grown close in the short time they ;ve been together but Finn is already head over heels in love with her.Now they are fighting to keep her safe.Her stepfather has paid alo t of money to try an stay in control of MacKay ind. He will go to any length to keep the company out of her hands.The twists and turns to this story will keep you riveted until the very last ...more
Sharon
Jul 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
In this second book in the series we see Lily and Finn trying to find out why Lily was kidnapped whilst having to keep one step ahead of her kidnappers who seem to be prepared to go to great lengths to get her back. As the two characters face constant danger, they become closer and closer, Lily needs Finn to survive and remain free, Finn wants Lily for himself. There is constant mystery, action, drama and suspense throughout this part of the story. I highly recommend readers do their best to rea ...more
Rose Brown
Jul 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
“Claiming Lily is the second book of this series and has our favorite characters, Lily and Finn running for their lives. This is Book 2 in this series and it has a well-written storyline and plot that equal Book 1 “Uncovering Lily”. There is action, suspense, and romance. Renee Webb is a master storyteller and her imagination has me excited to see where Book 3 will take us and I can't wait to be able to read what comes next! I highly recommend not just this book, but this series!

I received a fre
Tc
Jul 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It took me approximately 2 hours to read this one. I can’t recommend it enough. What a page turner! If I escaped being held captive, dodged the bad guys, then to add a bit more drama and intrigue discover your step father was behind it all. What would I do? Who would I trust? Read this one, be on the edge of your seat and enjoy. This 2nd book ends in another cliffhanger!! Now to wait for the next one!! Rene please write quickly!

I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntaril
Annie
Jul 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I volunteered to read this ARC for an honest review. I enjoyed this continuation of Lily and Finn's story. They have made it out of the brothel and are now on the run. Lily can't believe what's happening. Finn is determined to keep her safe no matter the cost. Now Peter knows she's safe but there are still to many questions but answered yet. When they have to escape again things are in the air. I like the relationship that Finn and Lily are making.

I received a free copy of this book via Bookspro
Deb
Aug 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
I liked this sequel to Uncovering Lily. The intrigue continued within this the story as the participants who had a hand in Lily's kidnapping are revealed. I found her brother's claim surprising and yet it did make sense. I also found that the intrigue will continue after this book (hopefully) because more is revealed about other characters who have become just as interesting as Lily. I loved how he was so wonderful with her. A great alpha male. Good storytelling. ...more
Celicia Fowlkes
Jul 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really liked this book. It was exciting and action packed from the beginning. Lily is a special person to everyone and does not know it until the end. I did not read the first book in this series yet so I don't have all of the details. This is one series that I will read from beginning to end.

Tania
Jul 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved the book it was great the story was well written and the characters were interesting. Lily has gone through a lot, she will stay with Finn. I cannot seem to put these books down, I cannot wait till the next one is out fantastic read.
Thank you for allowing me to review this book it was great.

Jamie
Jul 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am freaking out right now. What is Lily going to do? This was amazing, like holy balls this is amazing. Finn, he’s just so alpha amazing delicious...FINN! Aunt Kitty is amazing. This is so good. I’m beside myself having to wait for book 3.

Heather W
Jul 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this second book in the MacKay International series and can't wait for the next one!

Fast-paced and action-packed, this story pulls you in and grabs you from the start. The characters are amazing and the story flows flawlessly.

Rene Webb has a winner with this series.

Pat
Jul 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh my gosh I was sitting on the edge of the seat with all the action again in this book. Storyline superb again and the characters. I wonder what will happen in the next book. I cannot wait I recieved a free copy and this is my honest review
Mary
Jul 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed the next chapter in Lily and Finn's story! You should read "Uncovering Lily" first! If you don't read them in order you lose some back story and important information. They both are fairly quick reads that are interesting and end with big cliffhangers. It's intriguing with some mystery, twists and turns. Everything in the story transpires in a short time span. You definitely will want to see where this story leads. I look forward to reading "Freeing Lily!" to see what happens next with ...more
Jeanne Richardson
Aug 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the 1st book I've read written by Rene Webb; she has done a great job at writing a good book; I can’t wait to read more of her books.

I loved the chemistry between the characters.

Mindy Lopez
Jul 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is Book 2 of the MacKay International Series by this author. It is the next installment to the intriguing romance between student Lily and international businessman Xavier/Finn. Their intense love story continues to be peppered with danger, suspense, mystery, and passion, plus engaging secondary characters to keep the reader interested. Another gripping read with heart and heat, plus a cliffhanger ending. A good addition to the series.

I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and a
Shannon Ricci-Mayronne
In this second book of the Mackay International Series, Claiming Lily, Rene gives just enough background information that if you hadn’t read the first book, Finding Lily, you could still enjoy and follow along. However, I would completely recommend reading books in order.

Now that Xavier (Finn) has helped Lily escape the brothel they need to calculate their next move. Finn’s assistant, Trevor, has been looking into Lily’s disappearance and has found them allies. Her cousin Peter, who is also Finn
MiDouradoP
Mar 24, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The sexiness continues.

This book is the second one in the McKay International and can't be read as a standalone.

After finally running away from the hell hole she was caged in, Lily is still unsafe and running from her life, but Finn is more than willing to move heaven and earth to keep her safe - and keep her his.

Being a romantic suspense story, there was little action. But the main characters (and new ones) were deep in thought and ideias, trying to understand all the layers of danger Lily was
Melissa
Jul 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Lily and Finn are back in the second book of this series. With Lily running for her life and Finn trying his best to keep her safe will there be time to find out what is going on with these two. The second part of this series was just as enjoyable as the first and now I can't wait for part three. You can't help but feel for Lily and all the torment she was put through. With Finn by her side though she feels like she is finally safe. There is still plenty of suspense and mystery to uncover and I ...more
lf
Apr 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
He has rescued her but can he keep her safe

Claiming Lily is the second book in the MacKay International series and picks up where the first book, Uncovering Lily, ends. For me this book is much better than the first. There are still some things that I was not really sure about but it kept my attention until I was at the end, with another cliffhanger. There is a lot of mystery, intrigue, drama, suspense and of course the chemistry between Lily and her protector Finn, aka Xavier.

I received an ARC
Anne Baker
Nov 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Magnificent read

OMG a great 2nd book in the series. Can’t wait fro the conclusion. So much intrigue and suspense, so fast paced, I was on the edge of my seat. This superb read told by a magnificent story teller Rene Webb.
Can Finn keep Lily safe or will her stepfather catch up to her? There are so many doubts in Lily’s mind, so many questions unanswered, who can she trust?
I highly recommend this great book with its well deserved 5 star ⭐️ That I have given.
I voluntarily reviewed this book afte
Jean
Nov 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is book two in The Mackay International Series and it continues Lily and Finn's story. When Lily is rescued by Finn will be be able to keep her safe. Omg the storyline once again pulled you in right from the first page and I couldn't put it down as I had to see what would happen next. Once again Rene Webb has weaved her magic and I can't wait to read the next book in this series as she is a brilliant author and writer and I definitely recommend you read this book but just remember that it i ...more
Carolyn
Nov 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Claiming Lily is the second book in the MacKay International Series. I really enjoyed this fast paced suspense filled tale. Dominant business tycoon Finn has rescued his best friend’s cousin, Lily, from a Hong Kong brothel and not must get her to safety. There is betrayal, family secrets, PTSD, a FBI investigation, an irate best friend, some hot steamy scenes and two people learning the depth of their relationship.

Ann
Dec 14, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Claiming Lily Book 2
By Rene Webb
Main Characters: Finn and Lily
I voluntarily and honestly reviewed this book without bias or persuasion from the author.
4 out of 5 stars
This book is contemporary erotic suspense over the top 50 Shades of SEX. This is the 2nd book about Lily and Finn. I know I used that exact sentence in my previous book review but it is so true. These two have a ton of chemistry. Interesting characters and well written and I am looking forward to the 3rd book.
Misty Goan
Dec 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An amazing short continuation of a thrilling fast paced contemporary erotic suspense story.  This captivating emotional storyline has danger, steam, drama, mystery and edge of your seat suspense as the cliffhanger ensures Lily's safety but changing their relationship. The characters are complex with intense chemistry with lots more questions on this cliffhanger.  I voluntarily read and reviewed this ARC.  ...more
Nicole Ortiz
Jan 03, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the second part of Lily and Finn's story. Finn gets Lily out of the brothel now they have to figure out who was behind the kidnapping and why. Lily and Finn's relationship gets deeper while they elude the kidnappers. We get more information on what's going on. I enjoyed this part of the story and can't wait to read the conclusion. I would say to me personally I am not a fan of the word c*nt and Finn says it all the time.
I received an ARC and volunteered to leave a review.
Debra  (Dragon Nanny) Phiri
Feb 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
All I can say is the awesomeness that is our authors way with suspense and love is keeping me wanting more!

The good thing with this series is that although you are left hanging as to what comes next you do get some answers along the way. You don’t feel like you aren’t ever going to get justice for Lily!

I am so very much enjoying this storyline!
Kathleen Bradbury (Bulfon)
Mar 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Just the absolute best story. It had me captivated from the beginning with the hot steamy scenes. I really enjoyed reading this book and I would recommend it! Everything I like to read about and more. Such a great story I will read again and again. A keeper!!

Amy
Apr 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Book 2 - even though Finn has rescued Lily from the Hong Kong brothel, she is still not safe. As more details emerge, so do more questions. While the individual enemy is known, are there more people involved that were previously thought allies? Finn and Lily are growing closer and the steam is rising. What will happen next? A fast read and a fantastic plot!
Smut Book Club: ARC - Romantic Suspense 1 7 Jun 06, 2019 10:24AM

• Looking For It (Three Player Co-op #1)
  • Mr. Smithfield
  • Taken By Him (Mafia Brides #1)
  • Savage Poet
  • Savage Poet: A Dark, New Adult and College Romance
  • Dark Captor (Dark Syndicate, #2)
  • Pitch Black (The Boyne Club, #4)
  • Her Knights (The Westlake Academy Series Book 1)
  • Miller (Kings of Denver #1)
  • Savage Christmas
  • Daddy's Precious Gift
  • Scars He Gave Me
  • Mason (Bachelors Incorporated, #1)
  • Underboss (With Me in Seattle Mafia, #1)
  • Crow's Stana
  • Maintenance Required (The Cortell Brothers #1)
  • Headhunter (With Me In Seattle Mafia, #2)
Rene Webb, a former Catholic schoolgirl and child of the ‘80’s, is a recovering soap opera addict who grew up watching General Hospital. She became weary with the relentless drama and sought out stories with happy endings that lasted. Now, Rene is an erotic romance author, where there is always a happily-ever-after!

Authors such as Jane Austen, Kristen Ashley, Cherise Sinclair, Sierra Cartwright, D

MacKay International (3 books)
  • Uncovering Lily (MacKay International, Book 1)
  • Freeing Lily (MacKay International, #3)

News & Interviews