Start by marking “Dark Alpha's Awakening (Reaper, #7)” as Want to Read:
Dark Alpha's Awakening (Reaper, #7)

Dark Alpha's Awakening

(Reaper #7)

There is no escaping a Reaper. I am an elite assassin, part of a brotherhood that only answers to Death. And when Death says your time is up, I’m coming for you…

Serving Death and the Reapers has been my life for centuries. I’ve always put my duty before everything, even my yearning for Death. But now, she’s fading – our foe is bent on destroying her and he will stop at not
Published February 5th 2019 by Swerve

To ask other readers questions about Dark Alpha's Awakening, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dark Alpha's Awakening

Start your review of Dark Alpha's Awakening (Reaper, #7)
Mindy Lou's Book Review
Jan 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
The ultimate battle between Bran and Erith is finally here! This has been building for awhile now and it held up to the hype. It's hard to write a review when you don't want to give anything away so I'll just say that I wasn't expecting what happened with Cael and Erith, but I completely approve.

I loved getting the beginning to Erith's story because it explained so much about her and why she choose Reapers and even how she chose them.

While this could have easily felt like an ending, it didn't.
Marta Cox
Jan 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley, my-reviews
Well this brotherhood of elite assassins working for Death have their work cut out for them this time and no mistake. Death is a woman who has reinvented herself and yet at heart she is still the same powerful entity capable of huge atrocities that she always was. Having grown emotionally Death believes in justice but knows she is always alone even though a part of her yearns for more . Ironically as her powers and very essence are being drained from her she has to share her burdens with the one ...more
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)

DARK ALPHA’S AWAKENING is the seventh book in the Reapers series. Grant has built a really fascinating world that I have enjoyed reading a lot, but this book kind of feels different than the other books in the series.

Firstly, it takes a while for the book to warm up because Grant kind of does a recap of the origin of the Reapers and really what they are all about. I’m sure this was meant to really create drama and make this story feel larger than life, but at the same time, I think it creat
Valerie
I have been looking forward to Cael and Erith's story. How does Death have someone of equal status to be with? A Reaper? It's an interesting thought.

Cael has loved Erith forever. We never saw it happen, it just was from the first book in this series. Erith has kept herself apart throughout and it's unclear how she feels. We started to see her feelings as she is weakens with Bran draining her magic. As a result, there is very little romance in this book. It's just two people who have always loved
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
No one escapes Death, even when they try to steal her power. This book is fantastic! The Reapers lead by Erith have been mysterious and lethal. Just the kind of sexy dangerous which lures an adrenal junkie in! This final showdown between Death aka Erith and Bran is a long time coming.

The focus of this book is battling Bran, Death's first reaper who is wreaking havoc. There is so much more in this book. Ms. Grant weaves a rich tale of jealousy, betrayal, rage, sacrifice and loyalty. It is an epi
Sarah Hutchinson
Feb 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Finally!!!! That's all I have to Say.
And no, it doesn't have to do with Rhi.
This was probably my fav Reapers book yet! Can't wait for the next or the next DK one!!!
Feb 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Julie (Jewlsbookblog)
Holy Hades! I have been dying to have Cael and Erith’s story for forever it seems and Grant delivered beautifully! The leader of the Reapers and Death herself finally getting together after centuries of secretly eyeing one another with unfulfilled desire I might add?! Um, yes please!! Bonus points for finally getting a battle worthy wrap-up regarding Bran and his Dark Fae army too, but I’m shamelessly admitting I’m all about the romance between Cael and Erith!

Cael was brilliant at strategy and p
Laurie
Feb 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
Finally! I’ve been waiting for the Erith/Bran showdown for-freaking-ever and it did not disappoint. This was everything I wanted it to be with action galore, lots of feels, and some sweet sexy times.

Erith’s story held some surprises that I in no way expected. It was heartbreaking and answered so many questions I had and some I didn’t know I wanted answers to. Her character arc was amazing, and she ended up being someone with one hell of a redemption story.

As for Cael, I don’t think there has eve
Megan (BookWifeReviews)
So I have been so invested in this world Donna Grant has created. I have been a fan since Dangerous Highlander. I have loved every single character and I am just so in love with everything about this series and all the ones before it. I feel like I have been waiting for this book in particular for such a long time. Death is such an interesting character. I wanted her story from the first Reaper book and I was not at all disappointed.

If you haven't read this series I highly recommend it. This se
Chantale Canadian Book Addict
Dark Alpha's Awakening is book 7 in the Reaper series by Donna Grant and boy is it a good one. I have been enjoying this series and yes I love this book as much as the others.
This story got me hooked from the very beginning and I just couldn't put it down. It is so darn good.
I give this 5 out of 5.
Carolyn
Feb 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: grant-donna
I have been waiting for Cael's and Erith's (Death) story since the beginning of this series. I have no doubt everyone who has been reading this series has felt the same way. And, I have been awaiting the villain's (oh, and he was SO evil) comeuppance as well. Oh my! Ms. Grant nailed it! I was a wreck. And, it was oh so worth the wait! Fantastic!
Minx
True rating 4.5 stars!

Finally! This is the book that I have been waiting for! Everything has been building up to this point and I just loved how Dark Alpha’s Awakening played out! Death has always been such an enigma but now that is true no more! So much about Erith, aka Death, aka Mistress of War, was explained in this story and getting to know her as more than Death was such a treat. I loved knowing her inner emotions and struggles with her past as well as her future. She is just an amazing c
Lili  Marcus
Actually, I've been reading this the past few days and was surprised to see I haven't listed it here as 'read'. Maybe because I'm currently in a blogging hiatus and I'm rarely online.

So this book is about Cael and Erith. Cael is a reaper and serving Death and working with the other reapers has been his life for centuries. He always put his duty above everything else and even put aside his feelings for Death herself. Death is Erith. Interesting, right? So Erith is now fading and in need of help
Donna Maguire

I had read the previous six books in this series and this is the one I had been waiting for!!

I read the book in one sitting and LOVED it, I really felt for Death and her Reapers in this one. It is a longer novel that some of the others in the series and with that you get a more complex story that had twists and turns and just the right amount of detail to keep you fully engrossed, gripped and entertained.

For me this story is superb, Donna Grant is an excel
Cassandra
Feb 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My Thoughts - 5 out of 5 Unicorns - I loved it!!!
***I choose what I read and review based on what intrigues me!! Yes, I got a review copy of this book, but no one tells me what to think, feel, or write about any book! I think I want to collect this series in paperback in the future!

This is the 7th book in the Reaper series, and I’d recommend reading them in order because otherwise you are missing events. And because this is a spin-off from the Dark Kings, I’d read both series in the order writt
Emily
Death is Erith, a woman who chose a life and has since then grown in other ways. Erith has kept herself from showing her true emotions but when it comes to Cael she finds herself in unchartered territory.

Cael has loved Erith since he can remember. When Erith finds herself needing Cael to help defeat Bran things begin to heat up.

I liked this one quite a bit, it helped fill in some things I was curious about from the other book I read. I do think I need to go back and start from the beginning be
⚜️Trea
FTC DISCLAIMER: I RECEIVED AN E-ARC FROM THE PUBLISHER THROUGH NET GALLEY. I VOLUNTARILY OFFER MY HONEST REVIEW OF THE BOOK, THOUGH IT IS NOT EXPECTED OF ME! RECEIPT OF THIS BOOK IN THIS MANNER DOES NOT AFFECT MY OPINION OF THE BOOK OR THE CONTENT OF MY REVIEW!

I have been eagerly awaiting this story ever since I dove into the middle of the Reapers series! I am pleased to say that it didn't disappoint!

This story was action packed, if a little rushed at times, which made the story suffer a bit fo
Aimie
Apr 25, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc, read-2019
Dark Alpha's Awakening is the seventh book in the Reapers series. Though it is a part of a series, it can also be read as a standalone. Having not read many of the previous books (2/6), I can say though you are missing out on some character background, you are not missing a sufficient amount of background to feel lost or confused. You can read it as a standalone if you want.

This particular book in the Reapers series follows Erith, a.k.a. Death, and her Reapers, one in particular being Cael. A r
OpenBookSociety.com
Feb 12, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: heidi

Dark Alpha’s Awakening
Reaper, Book #7
By Donna Grant
Author’s Website: http://www.donnagrant.com/
Brought to you by OBS reviewer Heidi

Erith aka Death has made mistakes in her life. She regrets her past as the Mistress of War when her bloodlust caused her to destroy realms. Since that time she is in constant fear of reverting back to that vicious creature. And after a night with the man she’s lusted for since the moment she saw him, hundreds of years ago, one
Eva Millien
Feb 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The seventh book in the Reaper series is an explosive thrilling read that readers don’t want to put down. Finally, the one that readers have been eagerly awaiting, Death and Cael’s romance is packed full of sizzling chemistry with a magnetic pull that defies gravity. The relationship is not an easy one that’s for sure and readers cannot possible imagine the heat and the passion that explodes from the pages when this couple finally give in to the attraction that they have denied for so long, in f ...more
Cathy Geha
Feb 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Dark Alpha’s Awakening by Donna Grant
A Reaper Novel #7

This book begins with the beginning...the beginning of Death or Erith or sometimes SHE...it tells of her past and how she came to be and why the sword was hidden and then picked up again. From there we move to a dream Cael is having of how Death came to him and turned him into a Reaper. From there we move on to dealing with Bran...once a Reaper but definitely fallen from Grace. He must be thwarted and to do so Erith has to pick up her sword a
Up All Night With Books
Feb 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 stars
Review by Leah
Late Night Reviewer
Up All Night w/ Books Blog

This is Erith and Cael’s time to shine. Erith is so strong, almost to the point of being bullheaded at times. The way she is written, you also see she is every woman meaning she is the protector, the provider, the nurturer, trying to control too much, yes I just admitted that. And she is not technically human, but that is beside the point. She is the Alpha Heroine. Heck, she is Death and the freaking Mistress of War but we get to
Missy Fern - BFD Book Blog
Feb 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a really good read. If you have also read her Dragon King series, this will make you happy. There is a crossover between the Reapers and the Dragon Kings. No spoilers, no details but it ties up some loose ends.

Cael has been in love with Death/Erith forever. I have been waiting for this book and his story. As Erith began to lose her powers in prior books in this series, she distanced herself from Cael only to have to turn to him for help.

Bran (big bad guy throughout the series) and Erith
Trish R.
Feb 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing

OMG! This book was soooo good I can’t believe it. For those of you who read Donna Grant’s Reaper series you’ll know exactly what I mean.

Xaneth, the Fea Queen Usaeil’s nephew and Balladyn the Dark Fea King joined with Cael and Erith and the other Reapers battle Bran. Holy crap, I was so tired of that guy. Glad he finally got what he deserved. Now, it’s Usaeil’s turn. She did capture Xaneth so I’m hoping he’ll be alright until he can be rescued.

*Sigh* and I’m so happy that Erith and Cael finally
Katherine Yearwood
Jan 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paranormal
Dark vs. Light! Good vs. Evil! Who will win in this deadly game!!!

In Dark Alpha Awakening is the seventh paranormal romance novel by Donna Grant’s Reapers series. This will be my first book in this series, so I can’t say how this book rates with the other titles in this series. But I can say this book can be read as a standalone. Ms. Grant gave ample back story before she hit you with the other characters. Going into this book my expectations weren’t set too high, though I did find the synopsis
Torie
Jan 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019-arc
I loved this book. Donna Grant's writing pulls you in and you are instantly hooked.

This is Erith's and Cael's book. Erith is also known as Death and the Mistress of War. Cael is one of the Reapers. This series has been building up for a showdown between Erith, her Reapers, and Bran. Bran is a power hungry dark fae.

Besides the fighting you get a love story. I didn't want Erith to end up with a character from this series. As I turned the pages my ideas about who she should end up with changed. I
*Flora*
You can read my full review on my WordPress blog, Flora's Musings...

So, what did I like about it?
I think I can now class myself as a fan of Ms Grant’s books as I’ve read a few of them. I find her writing style easy to read and I like the way she paces the development of the plot. I love the fantasy world that Ms Grant has created and that her characters are not black or white, good or evil but allowed to be complex souls with a multifaceted mix of positive and negative traits.

I connect to a sto
Ashley (Red-Haired Ash Reads)
Finally Cael and Erith's story! I have loved the tension between these two from the beginning. Together they make the Reapers stronger and can kick some ass I am excited to see more of them in the future.

The fight with Bran finally concludes. New allies were made. Usaeil is causing more problems and has taken Xaneth. I really hope we see her taken down soon.
Celeste
WOW I am absolutely thrilled to read Deaths story!!!! This was fantastic, finally the ending I've been reading towards with all the awesome characters from previous books. I can't even think of one thing that would have made this any better. Absolutely perfect!!!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Ensnared (Eternal Guardians #8.85)
  • Darkness Returns (Guardians Of Eternity, #13)
  • Vengeance (Dark Protectors #9.5)
  • The Darkest Assassin (Lords of the Underworld, #14.6)
  • Beware the Darkness (Guardians Of Eternity, #14)
  • Conquer the Darkness (Guardians of Eternity #15)
  • Alpha's Promise (Dark Protectors #10)
  • Demon's Mercy (Dark Protectors #9)
  • Cipher (Demonica Underworld, #8; Demonica, #18)
  • Break the Day (Midnight Breed, #16)
  • The Darkest King (Lords of the Underworld, #15)
  • Reaper (Demonica Underworld, #9; Demonica, #19)
  • Nicole (The Mate Series, #1)
  • Hero's Haven (Dark Protectors #11)
  • Sacrifice of Darkness (Guardians of Eternity, #15.1)
  • Death of Darkness  (Immortal Guardians, #9)
  • The Darkest Captive (Lords of the Underworld, #14.5)
  • Edge of Darkness (Hunter Legacy, #3)
Donna is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of over a hundred novels. Her most popular series is the breathtaking Dark King (aka Dragon King) series featuring dragons, immortal Highlanders, and the Fae.

In addition to her novels, Donna has written short stories, novellas, and novelettes for digital-first and print release. She has been dubbed as giving the “paranormal genre a burst

Reaper (9 books)
  • Dark Alpha's Claim (Reaper #1; Dark World #22)
  • Dark Alpha's Embrace (Reaper #2; Dark World #24)
  • Dark Alpha’s Demand (Reaper #3)
  • Dark Alpha's Lover (Reaper, #4)
  • Dark Alpha's Night (Reaper, #5)
  • Dark Alpha's Hunger (Reaper, #6)
  • Dark Alpha's Redemption (Reaper, #8)
  • Dark Alpha's Temptation