Start by marking “Selfish for Love” as Want to Read:
Selfish for Love

Selfish for Love

“When it comes to love, even wrong can be right.”

The dependable Catelyn Shea plays by the rules. A natural people pleaser—the perfect daughter, sister, friend, and girlfriend—she always places everyone’s needs above her own.

Until Lawrence.

Love has a way of making us forget ourselves, and Catelyn is willing to risk the consequences to share one forbidden night with her fir
Published December 13th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Selfish for Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Selfish for Love

Start your review of Selfish for Love
Kat
Jan 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Spent the better part of last night and this morning devouring Cat & Lawrence’s story. Selfish for Love is the fourth installment of the In This Moment series. They are all standalones and can be read in no particular order however I enjoyed reading them the way they were released. It’s always a treat to see past characters appear within new stories.

Okay, my thoughts on Selfish for Love. Firstly, I am all for this title. Sometimes in life you have to fight for your love and that’s just what Law
Julie
Feb 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book had me entranced from the first few pages and I honestly did not know how it would end.

So beautifully written, I could fill Cats anguish. The author is so clever with her craft that whilst Cat is one of the characters that commits betrayal, I sympathise with her and even hope she still gets what she wants.

Even the side characters leave an impression on you.

This is the first book I’ve read by this a McCammon and will not be the last.

Highly recommend this book.
Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon
5 Cranky Stars

What a fabulous book. This is no ordinary romance story, the author has a unique talent in twists, turns and suspense.

It starts with Catelyn, in present time, with Lawrence in a carpark and him walking away from her. Then we jump back three weeks to Cat going to life long friends, Carolyn and Robbie's house because their father was dying. Cat had spent most of her child hood with this family. Cat sees Lawrence for the first time in ten years, Lawrence being her first true love even
Jennifer Pierson
Dec 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Catelyn Shay is a straight up people pleaser, which makes her the perfect person to everyone in her life, but doesn't mean happiness for her. It kind of got on my last nerve to be honest, as it's very frustrating. She always had a thing for her childhood friend Lawrence, but they danced around it, until they gave in, but then he broke her heart, and that was it. Many years later, they come face to face again, while she was in a serious relationship, and guess what, all those unresolved feelings ...more
Mary Dean
Dec 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow! This story! Another beautifully captivating story by this truly talented author. I couldn't put it down. This series has become my favorite. All these characters have a special place in my heart.
Especially the couple highlighted in this book, Cat and Lawrence. Their love is so addicting. I felt like I was in the relationship going through the push and pull and the indecision. They aren't perfect and that is what makes their story so raw and real. I love the message in this story, well the
Jennifer Bielarz
Dec 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Kristina Simkins
Apr 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Cat meets Lawrence at her bestfriend’s house when she is 13 and even at such a young age the chemistry between them is undeniable. With her bestfriend’s brother being “in love” with her and her not wanting to hurt anyone’s feelings she tries to avoid what they both secretly know is inevitable.
Cat and Lawrence become close friends over time, but even they know without labels they are and always will be so much more that friends.

Over the years not having contact with one another didn’t fill thei
Leila
Shelves: arcs
When Cat and Lawrence are brought back together after almost a decade, it soon becomes evident their feelings for one another are still as raw as ever. But Cat is now with Steven, and he is everything she wants on paper.

Feeling conflicted, she tries to fight and deny how she feels about Lawrence but they have history one which never really found closure.

It’s far from easy following your heart, especially when there is a third person involved. However, Amber manages to tell this story with delica
Mari Acosta
Dec 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have now read all 4 of the books in this series and I've loved them all. I honestly can't fathom how A.D. McCammon has managed to write yet another showstopper that can absolutely stand alone but also fits perfectly with the other 3 books. The storyline fits seamlessly while also unfolding a whole new aspect to the series. Cat has been a bit of a mysterious character throughout so I was super excited to read her story and I was not disappointed at all. Seriously people, read this author! I can ...more
Jean
Oct 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is Cat and Lawrence's story and how they have had to struggle. This book takes you in right from the first page and doesn't let you go, a real page turner. Cat and Lawrence have a history but there are so many twists and turns that you don't see coming, a really true love story that they have to fight hard for. This is the first book that I have read by this author but definitely not the last as it is well written. I definitely recommend you read this book as it is well worth reading.
I Volu
Wendy Livingstone
Dec 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Cat and Lawrence reconnect after almost a decade, and their feeling for each other has not changed in any way, no matter how much they try to deny themselves. This is a beautifully written flawless story, which is filled with angst, secrets, emotion, and is raw, gritty, powerful, and a realistic story. I was totally captivated throughout and I cannot wait to read more from this extremely talented author, whose work I highly recommend for all readers.
Cassie Ashford
Dec 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is my first book from this author and now I'm going to have to rush to read her others. I loved this book! Cat and Lawrence's story had been sucked in from the first page and I couldn't put it down until I was done. I felt so bad for Cat and her struggles with trying to be perfect for her family and wanting to be who she feels she should to be happy. Lawrence is totally worth it for her and I fell in love with him! Such a good book! ...more
Victoria Anne
Jul 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
“Now, I know you can’t get your happily ever after without being a little selfish.”
I really enjoyed this story! Amber has great talent for writing characters that are classic, yet edgy. Every book I read by Amber, I fall in love with the characters a little bit more. When I read Lori’s story (In The Gray), I didn’t think that I could love Cat more than Lori. But, it’s impossible not to love Cat and Lawrence, and root for their HEA.
Michaela
Oct 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A different start than I expected. I’m never sure how to feel when then give us the middle of the story and then go back in time.

I really related to Cat’s empath status.

This book really drug me back through my past.

Definitely a book of suspense and the ins and outs of first love during the teenage years.

A long and thorough love story. I look forward to reading more from this author.

Lisa Wheeler
Dec 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
ARC for honest review

I enjoyed Cat and Lawerence’s story. There’s something about that first true love that pulls at my heart. Their love story is one of a kind. It’s pure and heated. Almost like a love hate relationship.
AD did a great job with their back story leading up to the present. I look forward to reading more of her books!
VMChick
Oct 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a fun book, easy to read and hard to put down. I liked the characters and their love story. I really liked the way we went back in time to hear the full story and learn more about them. Can’t wait to see what comes next from this author.

Maja
Nov 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was an incredible story. It definitely shows us that love is blind. Catelyn is in hard place. The story has three parts and all three parts are incredible gripping. I won't give away any spoilers, you need to read this story for yourself. Amazing.

Tonya
Dec 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book! It is likely tying up all the loose ends of all the characters. It is great to get Lawrence's point of view; his emotions and thoughts behind his and Cat's relationship. I'm so glad Cat and Lawrence finally got their HEA! ...more
Ruth
Dec 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
The love story that lasts the test of parents, friends, miles and time. Exploring the full range of emotions. You will find yourself rooting for Catelyn Shea as she navigates loves waters. Not to be missed!
Crystal Blanton
Dec 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The love between Cat and Lawerence is intense and to the core. Their push and pull throughout the years and the heartache they go through definitely keeps you turning the pages for more. This is a must read!
Chasity
Dec 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was such an emotionally moving story. I really felt for both Cat and Lawrence. The writing was incredibly gripping. I was so involved with this book and became so attached to these characters. I would highly recommend this book and the others in the series.
K
Dec 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another heart wrenching read from A.D. McCammon. This series is easily one of my favorites!
Spunky N Sassy
Dec 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Spunky N Sassy Rating: 5.0

~~~~~~~~~~Lindsey's ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Review~~~~~~~~~~

This book was absolutely amazing! It was heartbreaking and beautiful. It’s a riveting must read from page to page.
Patti Gunkel
Dec 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is amazing.. From the first chapter to the last I was hooked. I could feel the connection with Cat and Lawrence it is so intoxicating.
Jennifer Richey
Mar 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Cat’s story so many emotions such a great storyline and second chance love story! Enjoyed reading and a nice addition to this series!
Tayra Sanders
Dec 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book hooked me from the beginning. I just couldn’t put it down. I fell for these characters and goodness, what a story just a perfect.
CK
Dec 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another inspiring book by AD McCammon! What you first think is a simple, "first love" love story - is SO much more! I am continuously astonished by Amber's writing style; her depth of the characters; their strengths and more importantly, their flaws. I SO rooted for Cat and Lawrence from the start - and just when you think you know the next predictable moment, she throws a curveball! This is definitely a book that gave me a book hangover - one that i can easily pick up again next week - and will ...more
Joleen Grace
Mar 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Sometimes love at first site is true, but life gets in the way. Lawerence and Cat both felt a spark when they first touched. But obstacles kept them apart. They never stopped loving each other. When a death brings them together years later, destiny finally wins. So sweet
Chasny Dove Nichols
Great book.
Clare Harrison
Dec 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Life is complicated, life is messy and then there's matters of the heart.

Hes the perfect guy, kind hearted and wonferful, but he's not exciting he's safe and dependable.

Her heart was broken into a thousand tiny pieces by a love that was fierce and full of passion.

Now she has to choose between safe or dangerous once again. Fire or luke warm water.

She was always a beauty to him from a teenager to a woman, from the past to the present and he knows in the future she will be too.

Catelyn or Cat to tho

• Burning Embers
  • Surprise Protector (Hamptons Filthy Rich #1)
  • Finding Quinn (The Coopers Book 2)
  • The Billionaire Chef’s Baby (McClellan Billionaires, #2)
  • Never Date Your Ex (Never Date #3)
  • Promise You (Rebel Desire, #5)
  • Finding Hayden (The Coopers, #1)
  • Love on the Ice
  • Reasons I Fell for the Funny Fat Friend
  • Stranded at Christmas: a holiday romantic comedy
  • Faking It
  • Watch Her (Hester Thursby Mystery #3)
  • The Billionaire’s Pregnant Assistant (McClellan Billionaires, #1)
  • Love at First
  • Playing with the Doctor (Milestone Mischief #1)
  • Skye (Signature Sweethearts, #8)
  • A Love Like That (Love at Work, #2)
  • Second Time Hating You
Daughter, sister, wife, mother, avid reader and writer.

News & Interviews