Start by marking “The Algonquin Reader: Fall 2018” as Want to Read:
The Algonquin Reader: Fall 2018

The Algonquin Reader: Fall 2018

Get an inside look at Algonquin’s outstanding forthcoming fiction with the Fall 2018 Algonquin Reader. Discover the inspiration behind each book through an original essay by the author. Then enjoy a short preview of each novel. The books featured in this issue are:

The Collector's Apprentice by B. A. Shapiro

Sugar Run by Mesha Maren

Other People's Love Affairs: Stories by D.
ebook
Published July 31st 2018 by Algonquin Books of Chapel Hill

To ask other readers questions about The Algonquin Reader, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Algonquin Reader

Start your review of The Algonquin Reader: Fall 2018
Cassandra
Sep 09, 2018 rated it liked it
Nothing gets me more excited that previews on books that are soon to be published, so I could'nt resist this collection. Although I have read and enjoyed an earlier edition of The Algonquin Reader, I found that none of the essays in this particular collection really intrigued me. But that is not to say I won't be on the lookout for the next Algonquin Reader.

A huge thank you to NetGalley and the publisher for sending me a digital copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. I truly apprec
Kirsty
Aug 24, 2018 rated it it was ok
I have read and enjoyed an earlier edition of The Algonquin Reader, but none of the essays in this particular collection interested me, unfortunately.
Donita
Apr 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I always look forward to seeing what Algonquin is recommending in their seasonal catalog. Their suggestions are always interesting and unique. Something out of the ordinary.
J.D. DeHart
Aug 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Algonquin Reader gives a hint at upcoming titles from this publisher. Of course, the only dilemma is that each portion acts as an appetizer.

Algonquin publishes titles that speak to personal history, daily life, and heritage. I’m read to delve into some new, full texts this fall.

Recommended for those readers looking for fresh voices in contemporary fiction.
Ruth
Feb 07, 2019 rated it liked it
Anthologies and snippets to whet your appetite for the full books. Aren't these something that any real reader would love? This series is new to me but I'll be sure to look for more in the future.
joyce w. laudon
Oct 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a fantastic sampler of books that are being published by Algonquin. Included is an excerpt from new book by B. A. Shapiro whose new novel is about post Impressionist Art, the Barnes Foundation and Paris in the 1920s. I am quite excited about this one as I have been a frequent visitor to Philadelphia's Barnes Foundation and have taken a class on Contemporary Art.

There is another fictional story set in the world of art, Heather Rose's The Museum of Modern Love. This is about the artist Mar
Mansi
Oct 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
The Algonquin Reader Fall 2018 carries original essays by their fiction writers and excerpts from their forthcoming books. The ones that had me hooked are The Collector's Apprentice by BA Shapiro, Sugar Run by Mesha Maren and Blood Highway by Gina Wohlsdorf.

The Collector’s Apprentice seems promising for any Post Impressionist art lover. Set in the 1920s, mixed with love and betrayal the excerpt had me hooked.

In Sugar Run, the main protagonist is going back home after eighteen years post her sti
Dianne Charles

• The Book of Longings
  • If You're Out There
  • The Southern Book Club's Guide to Slaying Vampires
  • These Women
  • The Never Game (Colter Shaw, #1)
  • Locke & Key, Volume 1: Welcome to Lovecraft