Start by marking “Throwaway Girls” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Throwaway Girls

Andrea Contos

Throwaway Girls

KCP Loft has bought Throwaway Girls, a #PitchWars debut YA novel by Andrea Contos. Told from two points of view, the story is about a girl whose life is upended by the disappearances of her lover and her best friend, two girls from opposite sides of the tracks, and the discovery that she is the only link between them. Publication is planned for spring 2020.
Hardcover
Expected publication: 2020 by KCP Loft

To ask other readers questions about Throwaway Girls, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Throwaway Girls

Sonia Hartl
Aug 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I LOVE THIS BOOK SO MUCH! Seriously, such an important, unflinching story about the way society places value on girls they consider ‘worth looking for’. I love Caroline for her fierceness and her heart. This one hit so close to home for me, and will for any girl who has ever been made to feel ‘expendable’. This book will make you cry, but it will also give hope and a voice to girls like me, girls who were considered a lost cause. The class structures in this were handled beautifully, and it’s on ...more
Annette
Aug 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is phenomenal. I read an early copy and it stuck to my bones. The writing is stunning, the message an important gut-punch. THROWAWAY GIRLS is a page-turner that made me cry and kept me guessing. I'll love this book forever.
Claribel Ortega
Aug 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Twisty, heartbreaking and beautiful. The queer girl, prep school mystery I had been waiting for. I loved it so so much!
rachelwrites007
Aug 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: pitch-wars, beta-read
This book is absolutely perfect for fans of Kara Thomas and Caleb Roehrig. Andrea's debut is moody, LGBTQIA+ friendly, and a total mystery (get it, haha?) I had the privilege of reading an early version during Pitch Wars 2017, and I look forward to reading a finished copy in 2020.
Amelia
Aug 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I had the distinct pleasure of reading an early draft of Andrea’s debut last year. THROWAWAY GIRLS is a haunting and atmospheric novel, perfect for fans of Kara Thomas and Courtney Summers. This is one book you do not want to miss when it releases in Spring of 2020!
L.L. Madrid
Feb 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: early-read, pitchwars
THROWAWAY GIRLS devastated me in the way that only beautiful books that feel uncomfortably true can. Andrea Contos’ debut is brilliantly crafted and weaves murders, mystery, social class, LGBTQIA issues, and a fierce, morally gray-heroine into one helluva novel. This is one of those rare books that made me laugh out loud and cry in the same sitting. I finished reading it weeks ago, but Caroline’s—and all the other girls—stories have stayed with me. I love this book and can’t recommend it highly ...more
Emily T
Sep 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was incredibly lucky to read an early version of THROWAWAY GIRLS and it took me ages to review it, simply because it left me speechless. This book grabbed me right from the start with one of the most atmospheric, haunting, heartbreaking opening scenes I've ever read. I don't want to give anything away, but this book is incredible. With gorgeous writing and unforgettable characters, you won't be able to put down this compelling page-turner.
Liz Lawson
Jul 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I dont think 5 stars quite says how much I loved this book. This is a must read for fans of Courtney Summers and Kara Thomas (which, let's admit it, is all of us). I was all in from the first page on, and I knew quickly that this was going to be one of my favorite books that Id read in quite some time. The characters, plot, atmosphere, and the handling of really important, vital issues were all beautiful, so well done. I kept thinking "this is a debut??" the whole time I was reading.

I know this
Kelsey Rodkey
Jun 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Beautifully written with a vital message for the times, Andrea Contos' THROWAWAY GIRLS will leave you feeling enraged, powerful, and ready for whatever will come next. Her characters are complex and flawed, but no less lovable for it, and the story is a wild ride that is expertly revealed the whole way up to the climax that will leave readers wide-eyed.
Auriane
Jun 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is so unbelievably good that I got trouble for reading it in class because I was physically incapable of putting it down. The writing is absolutely gorgeous, the twisty plot kept me completely hooked, and I love the characters with my whole heart. This is an absolute masterpiece!
Rachel Solomon
Mar 14, 2019
J.M. Evans
Aug 04, 2019
Andrea Contos
Oct 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Rajani LaRocca
Mia P.  Manansala
Kaelan Rhywiol
Melissa
Aug 24, 2018
Andrea Contos is a writer of young adult mysteries and thrillers. After a childhood spent hiding beneath the covers to read books by flashlight, she obtained a degree in business, where the only writing involved legal responses and termination letters. She happily traded those for works of fiction, and she still loses far too much sleep creating and enjoying a good book.

Her debut, THROWAWAY GIRLS,