Start by marking “All Your Twisted Secrets” as Want to Read:
All Your Twisted Secrets

All Your Twisted Secrets

This thrilling debut, reminiscent of new fan favorites like One of Us Is Lying and the beloved classics by Agatha Christie, will leave readers guessing until the explosive ending.

Welcome to dinner, and again, congratulations on being selected. Now you must do the selecting.

What do the queen bee, star athlete, valedictorian, stoner, loner, and music geek all have in common?
Hardcover, ARC, 400 pages
Expected publication: March 17th 2020 by HarperTeen

To ask other readers questions about All Your Twisted Secrets, please sign up.
Holly I just got done reading this ARC and yes, there are a few relationships, but nothing explicit. There are a few innuendos here and there, but most of…moreI just got done reading this ARC and yes, there are a few relationships, but nothing explicit. There are a few innuendos here and there, but most of this story is about the suspense, not romance.(less)

Start your review of All Your Twisted Secrets
megs_bookrack
Top Selling Points:

A Breakfast Club cast of characters.
A bogus dinner invitation.
A locked room mystery.

So on brand for me.

Now who can I email to get a copy of this???
Candace Robinson
Aug 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
First, I'm big into thriller, mystery, and horror movies, but it's very hard for me to connect to those types of books. I'm glad I found one that broke through that barrier! What I really liked about this one was that it was like the Breakfast Club meets Saw but not bloody or with crazy contraptions!

Even though the story is told from Amber's perspective, I felt that each character was well developed. I felt bad for some, wanted to slap some, and wanted to hug some of them. I don't always read
Diana Urban
Aug 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: thriller, young-adult
*UPDATE 01/02/20*
Preorder links are available here, and you can submit your receipt to get a special gift: a key necklace, a signed bookplate, a signed bookmark, the first 3 chapters (emailed to you immediately!), and access to an exclusive author Q&A on 3/17.
_____

I can’t tell you how much it means to me that you’re taking the time to consider, read, and review my book. Your hard work makes it easier for readers to make informed decisions about the books they purchase, and the worlds they
Bethany Everett
Aug 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Thank you to Edelweiss for the digital ARC in exchange for an honest review!!!
This is going to be the next One of Us is Lying, mark my words. The difference, however, is that I actually really really didn’t like One of Us is Lying, but I loved All Your Twisted Secrets. To me, this felt like redemption. Everything I wanted from One of Us is Lying I got in this book. This book was compelling from the first page. I was invested, I was intrigued. The ending shocked me, and I’m huge on endings with
Alexa
Sep 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: thrillers
A twisty locked room mystery with an ending that packs a punch. The book kept me guessing as it flashed back and forth between the tense last hour in a room with a bomb and the last year of school. I enjoyed piecing together the puzzle of the six teens and how they connected, trying to figure out who would do this to them.

I guessed one half of the main twist, and was otherwise pleasantly surprised. The last third was a dizzy race to the finish, and I was impressed that the book didn't take the
Lisa
Nov 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A locked room, a ticking time bomb, and six teenagers all hiding terrible secrets — the perfect recipe for terrific suspense. In her smart and gripping debut Diana Urban crafts a classic Christie style mystery with a thoroughly modern twist. Cleverly plotted and full of surprises, ALL YOUR TWISTED SECRETS marks the arrival of an exciting new voice in YA suspense.
Mike Chen
Jul 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
ALL YOUR TWISTED SECRETS lives up to its title, throwing a group of high school seniors in a no-win locked situation and slowly peeling back their secrets as the clock ticks. It twists (pun intended) and turns, playing out in equal parts present-day tension and flashback to fill in the how and why, weaving the two seamlessly together until they become intertwined as the countdown nears zero. I kept guessing until the very end, and once I finished and knew how it all played out, I wanted to read ...more
Shawn
Oct 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A heart-pounding thriller. When six teens are locked in a room with a bomb, they only have an hour to figure a way out alive. As tensions escalate, relationships are tested, accusations are thrown, and shocking secrets are revealed.

Who will make it out alive?

I devoured this book and was kept guessing until the very last page. An ending you will not see coming!
Kaira Rouda
Jun 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Reminiscent of an Agatha Christie, All Your Twisted Secrets will keep you guessing to the end. A page-turner with characters you will love and hate. Simply, a fabulous mystery!
rachel ☾
Review copy provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

BlogGoodreadsTwitterInstagram
Paula  Phillips
Oct 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
One of my favorite tropes to read is when random people get an invitation to a dinner or a party and in this case a scholarship banquet only to discover it is something else entirely, something more dark and sinister is at play. Often in these books the characters are killed one by one, however this one has a twist. Amber and five of her schoolmates have been sent an invitation to have dinner with the Mayor when they turn up though things take an evil turn as they learn they are locked up tight ...more
Brendan (raggedbooks)
Nov 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
Thank you to the publisher for sending me this arc in exchange for a review!
What do the queen bee, star athlete, valedictorian, stoner, loner, and music geekallhave in common? They wereallinvited to a scholarship dinner, only to discover it’s a trap. Someone has locked them into a room with a bomb, a syringe filled with poison, and a note saying they have an hour to pick someone to kill … or else everyone dies.
This book was a fast-paced thriller that always kept me thinking every time I put it
Allison Parr
Jul 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Guys. What would you do if you were a senior in high school and invited to an awards dinner, but instead of getting tasty food you were locked in a room with five of your friends/frenemies and told to KILL ONE OF YOUR NUMBER WITHIN AN HOUR OR YOU'D ALL DIE? I think I'd probably curl into a ball and cry for basically ever. I'm not great at high stress situations.

Stories set in confined spaces are my jam (do we still say that?) I love locked-room thrillers and forced proximity romances. Give me a
Shana
Oct 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I had the pleasure of reading an early draft of ALL YOUR TWISTED SECRETS and I can honestly say it's one of the best books I've read this year. Great characters, great plot, and great twists. You're going to want to put this one on your shelf as soon as it comes out!
Sanna
Oct 07, 2019 marked it as unreleased
15 October 2019
Ohh I really like the cover!! It’s cute... yeah cause that’s the perfect description for a cover of a thriller.
**********
7 October 2019
What the hell? That description is INTENSE. I was like, alright, another ya com book. But then BOM, a ya thriller. That doesn’t happen very often, unless I’m just stupid or blind. Can I please get the book, like now or something?
Kit
Aug 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: young-adult, thriller
I friggin loved this book. I stayed up way too late to finish it, because I had to know what happened. And what happened is… wow. Wow.

So… I was expecting multi-POVs like some other “similar” YA thrillers, but it was all told from Amber’s POV… and I actually really loved that. Sometimes with those multi-POVs I feel like I don’t really get to know each of the main characters… so I’m not totally invested. I was 100% invested in this book. Amber’s voice is so strong… and her character arc really
Sonia Hartl
Aug 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was lucky enough to read an early version of this book, and it is one of my favorite mysteries ever! Told in alternating timelines, I was desperately trying to piece together the situation in the present by looking for clues in the past, and wow was I wrong! Everything you know to be true gets turned upside down when the reveal happens, and it has one of the most cleaver twists that left my jaw on the floor. If you love twisty thrillers, I can’t recommend this one enough.
Annie Stone
Jul 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I read an early copy of this book and absolutely devoured it. All the best elements of a great YA thriller are here -- high stakes, great characters, and a fast pace that hooks you immediately and doesn't let go. Can't wait to share this one with friends once it's out!!
The Candid Cover (Olivia & Lori)
I get a serious Breakfast Club vibe based on the characters in the synopsis. I think that this story will be very intense as they work together to survive. I can’t wait to find out how it all ends.
Jerico
3.75 twisted stars!

Will post review soon. (which will likely be composed of slight quibbles)

But know that I was completely taken aback by how everything had closed out in the end. Did not EXPECT THAT REVEAL!

Extending my deepest gratitude to Edelweiss and HarperTeen for providing this ARC in exchange for an honest review. However, this does not affect any opinions or feedback stated concerning the book whatsoever.
Silver Lining
Yes, it was predictable, but I liked the characters, they were so interesting to read about and the whole school drama was delivered well.
Karen Bullock
Sep 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
WOW!!!
5 stars for this phenomenal young adult sensation that truly blew me away at the end.
Teen angst; varying personalities that were so creatively built and melded into the perfect storm of chaos. High drama circles around a group of 6 students who are friends but not friends and how their lives mingle together.
Underhanded and sneaky behavior run amok in this story that will cause several eye rolling moments and gasping at the audacity of one of the leading characters in the book.
Rotating
Ava
Dec 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Very ONE OF US IS LYING-esque with slight THE BREAKFAST CLUB vibes, and so damn addicting. Look out for ALL YOUR TWISTED SECRETS, coming March 2020.
Wendy Heard
Jun 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
With mystery layered on intrigue layered on suspense, Urban delivers a fast-paced, unforgettable escape room thriller--a gripping debut.

When a group of teenagers arrives at a scholarship dinner, the door locks behind them, launching them into a harrowing hour that forces them to confront all the horrible things they've done and had done to them in high school. Flashbacks reveal the reasons we have to suspect them--and the reasons they have to mistrust each other. The book delivers incredibly
maggiefan
rtc
it was a hell of a ride
rikajewellee
so... i really don't know how to rate it.
starting with the positives:
- i LOVE character-driven thrillers, and this one did deliver in terms of the characters. they were really interesting and flashed out, each of them had their distinct voice that helped me to be immersed in the atmosphere of the book.
- i kind of liked the ambiguity of the ending.
- the atmosphere, again, was superb. i was on the edge of my seat the whole time and couldn't sleep until i finished it.
and... the negatives:
- i said
Kim
Oct 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: obsessions, fiction
I received a beta copy of Diana Urban's "All Your Twisted Secrets" and I must say, what a page turner! From "the shelf," All Your Twisted Secrets interested me because I was looking for a thriller, but with some good character development. (It's so rare now or days to find good characters that are not commercialized into standard archetypes).

I can tell you it was exactly what I was looking for. I stayed up until 2 a.m. reading before I realized it was time to be a responsible adult and go to
Jennifer Iacopelli
Mar 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Diana Urban's sharp characters and clear prose has you twisting and turning through the past and present and keeps you guessing until the end. This is all the best parts of Pretty Little Liars paired with an ever ticking clock and an impressive realism in the intricately drawn characters and depiction of high school life. I'm so excited for this to hit the shelves!
Claudia T.
Apr 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: thriller, young-adult
If you loved One of Us Is Lying, read this, because you're going to love this EVEN MORE. I loved everything about this book... the voice, the writing, the pacing, jumping back and forth across timelines, and how everything wove together. And the ending was simply stunning. This is a MUST READ.
Emma Katherine
Oct 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Read my full review here: https://lifesanovelty.blogspot.com/20...

Opinions: Apologies for the short Initial Impressions and Halfway-Through Notes, but I haven't read a book this rich in a very long time. It is easily 2019's best read! I am all-around impressed with Urban's All Your Twisted Secrets; the characters, the conflict, and the ending. The ending, for the first time in a long time, is not something you see coming. It was a complete shock when I arrived at the conclusion! A full star was
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Yes No Maybe So
  • One of Us Is Next (One of Us Is Lying, #2)
  • Tweet Cute
  • The Lucky Ones
  • Jane Anonymous
  • Foul Is Fair
  • Loveboat, Taipei (Loveboat, Taipei, #1)
  • Be Not Far From Me
  • The Library of Lost Things
  • My Dark Vanessa
  • Infinity Son (Infinity Cycle, #1)
  • Clique Bait
  • All the Stars and Teeth (All the Stars and Teeth, #1)
  • Only Mostly Devastated
  • Red Hood
  • Woven in Moonlight
  • The Upside of Falling
  • Reverie
I’m Diana Urban, and I write dark, twisty thrillers for teens including All Your Twisted Secrets (HarperTeen, March 17th 2020). When I’m not torturing fictional characters, I’m a marketing manager at BookBub, a leading book discovery platform. Outside the bookish world, I live with my husband and cat in Boston, and enjoy reading, yoga, fawning over cute animals, and looking at the beach from a ...more