Start by marking “Sold Out (The Back-Up Series Book 5)” as Want to Read:
Sold Out (The Back-Up Series Book 5)

Sold Out

(Back-Up #5)

From USA Today bestselling author, A.M. Madden comes the final novel in The Back-Up Series.

Life as rock stars couldn’t be better for Devil’s Lair.
Wealth, success, love all make for perfect lives.
That is until fate steps in, once again.
There are twists and turns that you’ll never see coming.
Grab some tissues because you're going to need them.

The Back-Up Series is a bestsel
Published February 12th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Sold Out, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sold Out

Joanne
Jan 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow! A.M. Madden outdid herself! I love rockstar romances and I had the pleasure of reading SOLD OUT in advance. Believe me, it does not disappoint! SOLD OUT will have you holding your breath, swooning, and grabbing a few tissues. Madden's Back-Up series is one of my all-time favorites and a MUST READ!!
Carol
Feb 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Was lucky enough to be allowed to do an early review of "Sold Out" by getting an ARC. Have to say, this was a most heartfelt story, of a popular band, through the struggles of going from being single, to adapting to finding their loves of their lives. Will take you on an emotional journey as they show you how difficult it can be, the notoriety, no privacy, having a private life, dealing with touring and any other changes. The love of them all, the emotions, the heartbreak, any losses, cannot be ...more
KFForever
Feb 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
kfforever

Reviewed by Tracey Lou on behalf of KindleFriendsForever

I was so excited to get my hands on this little beauty. Having completely read the entire series by this author, I was looking forward to catching up with the boys. As a reader, I highly recommend that you read this series from the beginning so that you can get to know the characters, take a tour or two, follow their continuous success and the highs and lows of the life of a rock star. Because rock stars are what they are.

On a qu
Bookgasms Book Blog
Shelves: missy
I’m still trying to come to grips with my feelings after finishing Sold Out. This is the third or fourth attempt at writing this review.

Part of me is thrilled that I was able to catch up with some of my most favorite characters. I loved seeing Jack and Leila still in love, still loving their life, still making beautiful music together. I loved the glimpse of Hunter’s world too and seeing just what a 180 his personal life has taken—and just how much he’s changed but is still the same old Hunter.
Sue Whiting
Feb 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ms. Madden’s latest book in the “Back Up” Series does not disappoint! “Sold Out” continues the story of Devil’s Lair, a rock band that I wish I could go see on their next tour, and the ups and downs of the music industry, stardom, friendship, family, and love.

The story picks up a few years after Devil’s Lair has made their mark on the industry, and gives us a peek at the band members lives, loves, and losses. It is a beautiful story of love, friendship, and loyalty when tested by both real-worl
Kathy Aronoff
Feb 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This Can't Be The End

I am writing this review at 2:30am after just finishing this book. I read this series over the years, in fact The Back Up was one of the first books that set me on my continuing love affair with the rock star genre long before I knew you can review books, however Sold Out brings it all back. Jack and Leila, more in love than ever, raising little rockstars of their own in marital bliss. Hunter, snarky as ever and also becoming settled as is Scott. But for me this story is Tre
Nicole Huffman ~ Author Groupies
I was so excited to see a new book in the Back-up series was coming out. I do not get to read as much as life and work get in the way, but when one of your favorite series has a new book come out you make sure to fit it in. I absolutely loved this book and the roller coaster ride of emotions it took me on, I was happy, falling in love all over again, and crying while reading it.

I loved getting more of all my favorite character and seeing where life has taken them. You are brought into their wor
Veronica LaRoche
I’ve been a fan of the Back-Up series and the characters for a long time and reading Sold Out, I’m an emotional wreck. This book and characters will definitely pull on your heartstrings. When I was reading my motions where everywhere, I couldn’t believe what I read that I had too read over again and again. Definitely grab your tissues because you are going too need it.
Alphas Do It Better Book Blog
5 AH-MAZING Stars!!

Oh Ann Marie Madden! I finished this book a week ago, and I’m still struggling to put my feelings into words. You know how you come across a series that just resonates itself within you and you feel like you’re a part of it? That is EXACTLY how The Back-Up Series is for me. So, you can imagine how excited I was to learn I was getting more of one of my favorite series of all times. And yes, I said “I”, because I know she wrote it just for me lol!

In this great new story, we (I’
Janett The Pleasure of Reading Today
If you're a fan of the Back Up Series, you can't miss this last installment. And if you haven't read the series, what are you waiting for?

Have you ever read a book that makes you scream, NOOOOOOOO! And you just seat there asking yourself and if what you just read was what really happened? The author pull at the reader's heartstrings and shows that The Devil Lair is more than a band, is a family whose members are ready to do whatever they have to to lift each other and see them through any situat
FunUndertheCovers
Feb 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Do you ever read a book or a series and when you come to the end, you are so sad because you feel that now you are "moving" out of the neighborhood? Sure you can call or text but it's not quite the same. I was introduced to the writing of A.M. Madden through the Back Up Series and her band The Devil's Lair. When I completed book 4 it was as if the concert was over, sure I could listen to the music again but nothing is like the excitement of being there in the stadium, live and in person. A. M. M ...more
Jenny Brightman Harris
Feb 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received this book with the understanding that I could leave a voluntary and honest review.

In this book the gang is back. We are able to see where everyone is. Who is till together who isn't. Do they have kids are they still playing it footloose and fancy free. It is great to see all the old gang back. However this book isn't all sunshine and roses. This book the gang has to go through some stuff that will affect everyone in an different way. Will they all come out in the end? The real questi
Jamie Ellis
Feb 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Where to freaking begin.....

This book is going to tear you up and spit you out...The emotional roller coaster of this series and this book right here just damn!! I hate to see it end. Maybe we'll get a spin-off hint, hint and wink. That would be the cherry on top.
This book was AMAZING!! Tears, laughter, hot AF sex, and that ending WOW!
I'm going to leave this review as is, because I'm going to let the book talk for itself!!
Highly recommend this book and series.
Thanks Jamie Nibarger Ellis
Sarah - Vanilla Twist Reads
Feb 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Speechless that's how Sold Out has left me I honestly don't have the words to do this book justice. I fell in love with AM Madden's Back Up Series 5 years ago, have read each book several times and even branded myself with them, so to be able to read Sold Out was an absolute pleasure.

We pick up with the Jack, Leila, Trey, Hunter Scott and our other favourite's a few months on from when we last visited them, life is simply amazing both professionally and personally but we all know that life likes
Kelly
Feb 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I've been stalking, I mean reading AM Madden since book one in the Devils Lair series. I honestly have read the series more times than I can count. These characters are family.
So you'll understand why everytime i recall any part of this book i tear up. It absolutely gutted me and I'm still sitting torn up and broken. These characters have become a part of me. When I'm down or find myself in a rut i can grab this series and dissapear. This book is no different.
Kudos to AM Madden for creating this
Rachael Fick
Feb 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
After finishing this, I'm a blubbering mess. I can't even begin to describe the rollercoaster that this story has been. I've gone from screaming at my kindle, to bawling my eyes out, to being stunned stupid, to cursing the author and every emotion in between while anxiously waiting to see where the story was going to lead me.

#ItHitMeRightInTheFeels
Read.Review.Repeat Blog
Feb 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This deserves more than 5 stars!!!!! I have to say this is by far my favorite book of this series and I have loved all of them. But this one took my emotions and ran amuck with them. I think I cried more throughout this book than I have in a long time. But those tears were met with swoonworthy moments and laughter. Just the feels and tingles...awww. Soooo good!!!!! I'm a lost for words...that is how good this book was!
Michelle "Chelle" Thompson
Feb 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
There are absolutely no words I can say to express the emotions I felt reading this and still feel. Not only have I already loved these characters forever but now even more. This was an emotional roller coaster like no other. I laughed, cried, heart pounding and I want to do it all again. This is a book/series I wish I could read again and experience it like it was the first time.
Vicki Cooke
Feb 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow talk about a book leaving you wanting more

Well AM Madden has ripped my heart out, stomped on it, and shoved it back in with a very mild soothing balm to try and make it better. The only thing that will make up for the tears of Pain and tears of joy I shed whilst reading this amazing Devils Lair instalment, is another book. Loved it, read it cover to cover without stopping and REALLY want another book now.
B. C. Booklover
Feb 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
*I received an advanced copy of this book to review, which follows.

If you have been waiting patiently for this book to arrive, believe me, it's worth the wait. If you haven't read any of this unforgettable rocker romance series, Back Up, get busy because this is not a standalone and the series should be read in order before you dive into this one.

I know it's going to be difficult to review this book, trying not to give too much away, so some vagueness will keep you guessing. No matter what, fans
Marina (Living In Our Own Story)
It's been over a week and still can't put into words all the feelings I have about this amazing story. If you follow my reviews, you know that I love the Back-up books and A.M. Madden as and author. And this story is not an exception. But, oh, God! It was just so difficult to finish it. The heartbreak was just devastating. There were a few times that I just had to stop reading because I simply couldn't see through my tears.

Unfortunately, I cant really say what the book was all about simply becau
Ashley Jasper
Feb 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Oh man. I knew Sold Out was going to pack a bit of an emotional punch but I wasn't expecting to be torn apart like that. Fear not, it wasn't all reaching for the tissues. There were plenty of laughs and loads of steam (this is Devil's Lair we're talking about here).

I was looking forward to seeing the band again. Last I had see them, things were moving forward for everyone both personally and professionally. The band was thriving. Making the music they wanted and making memories with their famili
Carol Seymour
Maura
Feb 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
First let me tell you that A.M. Madden is now a one click author for me. I discovered her AFTER The Back-Up Series came out and have only read two of the other stories in the series. (Yes, I own them all and now the boxed set, they just kept going down my TBR list - I will be reading them in order this weekend). Having said that, I think this can be read as a stand-alone, but if you've read only a couple (like me) it will enhance the reading experience as this is about the band and characters fr ...more
Stephanie Phillips (Stephanie's Book Reports)
I received a free copy of this book from the author.

This is supposed to be the final book in the Back-Up Series.  I just don't know how A.M. Madden is going to leave us hanging like this.

If you've not read the other 4 books in the series I strongly encourage you to do so.  This is one of my favorite rock star romance series.  Y'all will just fall for Jack Lair.  I know because you're reading the thoughts of a #LairLover.

So in SOLD OUT we're faced with the whole band with mega life changes in t
Trish Sutherland
Feb 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An emotional roller coaster that will have your heart ready to explode!
Sold Out is book five in the Back-Up series and is one that will pull on your heartstrings and leave you free falling from the top of that roller coaster.
The Devils Lair and their extended family are back and I will say it is a bittersweet reunion, but it’s one you are going to devour. Along with the happiness and joy that Jack and Leila are about to embark upon comes a tradegdy that will rip the very essence of Devils Lair
Judy
Feb 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
HOLY SMOKES!! You'll want to brace yourself and have a box of tissues ready while reading this one! SO emotional!! Felt like I was on a roller coaster! A.M. Madden has written, in my eyes, the perfect story!!

We get to go back into the life of Devil's Lair group. Jack and Leila deal with the ups and downs of being in a rock band as well as having kids. In this story, they are thrown a giant curve ball, that neither is quite sure they'll make it through.

So many emotions while reading this story! I
Tina Morgan
Feb 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OMFG!!!! What a book!!! Like I'm not sure I'm going to have the words to review this book properly.  One I am now in a book hangover like no other!!! I went to bed thinking about this book and started crying again!!! I have very rarely ever done that!!! And yes I ugly cried in this book like crazy, I don't like when my feelings leak out my eyes. But dang what an amazing book!!! A.M. really outdone herself with this one let me tell you.  This is not a stand alone just saying you need to read the ...more
Kathy
Feb 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was lucky enough to read an advanced copy of A. M. Madden’s Sold Out and I truly mean lucky. I will admit to being a huge fan of Ms. Madden having read every one of her books. She is a wordsmith, in my opinion the highest compliment you can give an author.
Sold Out takes us back to our Lair family - a joyous, heart rendering return. Expect to feel the gamut of emotions in this book. I will say that just when it gets to the box of tissue point, she throws in a hot, sexy and loving scene that mak
Genna
Feb 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
4.5 Stars

I'm not sure were to begin. The back Up series was one o the first books I read when i first got into reading a few years ago, and now it is coming to an end :(. A.M.madden truly brings the reader on and emotional roller coaster in this book. There were parts were my heart felt like it was ripped out and parts were i was smiling from ear to ear. It was so nice to return to Jake and Lelia with the rest of Devil's Lair. We get to see what they are up to know and how their lives have chang
« previous 1 3 4 next »
USA Today BESTSELLING ROMANCE AUTHOR

A.M. Madden's romance debut is The Back-Up Series, consisting of Back-Up, Front & Center, and Encore.

A.M. Madden is a wife, a mother, an avid reader of romance novels and now an author. In Back-up she aspired to create a fun, sexy, realistic romantic story. She wanted to create characters that the reader could relate to and feel as if they knew personally.

A

Back-Up (7 books)
  • Back-Up (Back-Up, #1)
  • Front & Center (Back-Up, #2)
  • Encore (Back-Up, #3)
  • Backstage (Back-Up, #4)
  • The Devil's Lair (Back-Up, #4.5)
  • Backstage Pass (The Back-Up Series)