Start by marking “Rising Force (Jesse McDermitt Caribbean Adventure #13)” as Want to Read:
Rising Force (Jesse McDermitt Caribbean Adventure #13)

Rising Force

(Jesse McDermitt Caribbean Adventure #13)

Paradise has a price. For Jesse McDermitt, that price is his moral compass and a bullet.

The retired Marine and charter skipper takes on a passenger in Nassau, a young woman who is a breath of fresh air. She introduces him to the laid-back cruising crowd on an idyllic small cay in the Berry Islands. Jesse takes to the relaxing lifestyle like a fish to water.

Living each
Published August 27th 2018 by Down Island Press

To ask other readers questions about Rising Force, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rising Force

Start your review of Rising Force (Jesse McDermitt Caribbean Adventure #13)
Don Rich
Sep 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow. You thought you knew Jesse McDermitt? Wayne Stinnett breaks the mold with this one. I've been a fan of the series for quite a while and after reading Rising Force I'm an even bigger fan! Jesse is now going through some changes that are really making it even better. New locations, new friends, and even a new mode of transportation.

ONE VERY IMPORTANT FOOTNOTE: If you want to fully comprehend and enjoy this book, you MUST (I can't emphasize this enough) read 'Enduring Charity' (Charity Stiles
Jim A
Sep 01, 2018 rated it it was ok
Not my favorite Jesse McDermitt thriller. First I had to go back and read the previous novel to see why Jesse was chasing after Savannah. Even though I read that book earlier this year I had forgotten that part of the story. Second, as I've never read any of the Charity novels another part of the story was lost to me. I had no idea why Jesse had two young women on his boat and why he was hiding them. And then there's the ketch. Why had someone wanted him to own it. All lost to me because on not ...more
Karen Kearns
Aug 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
EVENING THE SCORE

Savannah and Florence are in the Caribbean somewhere, Victor’s killers are in the wind, and the “cruising community” is not forthcoming with information to anyone operating an obviously commercial charter fishing/diving boat. Time for Jesse to man up and start blending in via Victor’s “blow boat,” the Salty Dog.
Then there’s the matter of poachers taking live coral and Hawkbill Tortoise shells.
Wayne Stinnett’s books keep getting better and better. I just wish he could write as
Gayla Pitts
Aug 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
New, improved Jesse!

Story line and plot was great, but what I love most was how Jesse has evolved over the ten years since he retired from the Corps. Sailing being the metaphor, and beautifully done, Jesse's mind and soul has opened up to more of what life has to offer. I can't wait to read the next chapter in his life, to see how he moves through his grief, all the while fighting the wrongs of bad guys!
Janet E Brown
Aug 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love this series

I have enjoyed every book in this series as well as Charity 's series. I highly recommend them. Enjoy the familiar characters.
Bob
Aug 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
As always... now I'm waiting on the next book Rising Charity.
Jesse and friends are sailing and learning things. Taking care of problems and making new friends. I know you'll will enjoy this one as much as I did. Thanks again Wayne for bringing new stories for my ol friends.
Larry Blagg
Great Adventure

Another great Jesse McDermitt adventure. This book was with Jesse with new characters along the way.
For people that cruise the seas, this was a very realistic story of the life. Mix in some of Jesse's adventures and you have a great book.
Kenneth Schaeffer
Great read

I could not put the book down. Can’t wait for next Jesse or Charity books. Big fan! Looking forward to the next release!
david hatzala
Aug 29, 2018 rated it liked it
Slacking some

Jesse getting older. Making mistakes. A little slow for a Jesse book. Lots of hanging around with regular people with civilian skills. Miss the action. At least he tried the weed!
Richard Lang
Aug 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
You know you're hooked on a series when you purchase the next book before publication. I had been waiting for the download of the latest of Stinnett's Jesse McDermitt series of Caribbean Adventures since I finished the last one. He didn't disappoint with this one.

Of late, Stinnett has been alternating between publications in his Caribbean Thriller and Caribbean Adventure series of books. The Thriller series grew out of earlier books in the Adventure series, and I actually had to reread the
Robert Gurin
Jan 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Perhaps I am biased, but I am a big fan of the McDermitt series and would rank this as one of the better ones. Jesse takes to a sailboat and experiences the benefits and pleasures of sailing.
I thoroughly enjoyed the book although I was not thrilled with the cliff-hanger, stay-tuned, to-be-continued ending that sets up a future sequel.
Although the plot is classical McDermitt - the fundamentally good guy that stumbles upon bad guys through no fault of his own and saves the day - I thought this
Jeff Benham
Aug 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Jesse had recently run into an old girlfriend who has a teenage daughter that may or may not be his. Savannah and her daughter have been taking their love of sailing from port to port and Jesse wants to find them. His search takes him to Chub Cay, where he finds a rather easy going group he takes a liking to, and they to him. His days of fishing and laying about are interrupted because someone is poaching sea turtles that are on the endangered list as well as chopping off tons of coral.Add to ...more
Les
Aug 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
enjoyable

I've read all the CAS novels and must admit that I enjoy the nautical ,scenic and personal interaction to the crime/terrorist fighting part of the stories,Jessie may be a man of action but emotionally and with regards women he is even more clueless than he is made out to be ,his moods are really starting to detract from the stories but that aside great description and locations yet again,I have an urge to fly to the keys and buy a boat every time I read one of Wayne's novels
Tom Montgomery
Jun 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another Homerun.
Once again we are treated to another Jesse McDermitt adventure. Wayne Stinnett builds such a great story line and develops such real characters, I want to go to the Florida keys and have a cold Red Stripe at the Rusty Anchor. It's almost depressing to know it can't happen. I can't help but worry about all of them. Kim's school, Marty's job, the island, all the boats, all of the characters.
It is really great to have a series of books that provide such a realistic trip into
Nancy Silk
Aug 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
"The Trip Is The Adventure"

This book especially brought back memories of living aboard our 35' sloop and sailing the Northern California coast and and the delta areas. I absolutely loved this journey back to my matched memories. It's a relaxing, well described story of cruising and sailing the many isles south of the Florida Keys. Jessie McDermitt wants to find Savannah to find out if he is the father of her 8 year old daughter. It's the trip that is the story, what he finds in the end is
Barry Richhart
Sep 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Just when you thought you knew Jesse McDermitt....

In this latest installment of Jesse's life he's still spending almost all of his time in a boat or on an island you won't believe what he gets up to in this book! Get yourself strapped in, this may be a bumpy ride if you don't like change! I won't say anything more except that Wayne Stinnett hadn't lost a step in his ability to spin a good yarn for us. As someone once said "the times they are a changin'"
elizabeth hall
Sep 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Read Rising Charity before reading this

I was reading all the Jesse books, and love them, but got this one and it didn't flow from last book to this one like usual. Read Charity series up to books he co-wrote with Kimberly B before this one, to keep the flow of the books going and fully understand the story.
Ian Denner
Oct 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Great book

I waited for so long for the next bbok in the series and enjoyed reading it. But I felt there was something missing from all the previous books in the series. All the friends we made were missing, or just talked about in passing. I sincerely hope we don't have to wait so long for the next one.
Robert Poats
Sep 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Slow sailing with Jesse & Kat his new best friend.

A different Jesse but the storyline still grabs you so you can't stop reading. Even on a slower paced sailing boat the new characters are different but enjoyable. I haven't been able to put down any of the Jesse or Charity books so be sure to keep writing & for other readers make sure you read all of Wayne Stinnet's books.
Geraldine Rubin
Mar 03, 2019 rated it liked it
Was I

Missing the first chapter of this book?? It starts off with something happening but not sure what!!! I did not like
the idea of our main character Jessie deciding he would give Pot another try, it was so out of character. I'm not sure I like where the author is heading with the series. I have enjoyed books 1-13. But not happy with this one.
mystri
Oct 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I try to read everything by Stinnett and this one didn't disappoint

Love the story, didn't much like the ending Stinnett has a nack for developing interesting characters, bringing them to life, and finding a way to weave them in and out of a story. Another fun read by z great storyteller,
Stephanie Davis
Sep 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another Great Adventure

Another great adventure full of great locations. There are also some fun new characters. Mr. Stinnett does a fantastic job of bringing characters and places to life.The ending surprised me and I’m looking forward to Charity’s new book to see what happens after this!
Loy
Sep 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
another Jesse McDermitt book. I enjoyed it. this one was set away from his island and home base. Kind of missed it. We did read about some of the characters from the other books. Missed Rusty and all the gang
Michael
A Jesse McDermitt Setback

Another excellent Jesse McDermott novel, full of intrigue and edge-of-the-seat excitement. A few interesting twists and turns with a real, unexpected kicker at the end. Read it in one sitting...now waiting for Book 14.
Glen Galloway
Sep 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Outstanding

Stinnett has done it again! Another can't put down tale of the watery deep, I am disappointed that the next book in the series is not immediately available. Well done once again, I feel like I'm there watching the action.

Tracey Mccall
Sep 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Amazing series

I love this series! A well written storyline that takes you on a journey with the characters. Following Jesse and friends is an exciting adventure. I can't wait for the next book. Do yourself a favor and start reading today
Dave
Jul 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Murder, sailing, island music, love, and Jesse in the middle of it. The continuing adventures of Capn' McDermitt. I stayed up late to finish it and I can't wait to start the next book in the series.
deborah turenne
Aug 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Go Jesse

I love these books. Thank you Wayne for taking us on a great ride but I'm a little worried about where you are going with this story line. I guess I will just have to wait until the next book but I'm not the best at awaiting. Damn!
G.Richard Mccafferty
Sep 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Always a treat

Once again Jesse shows the avid reader of this series that getting older can be a heart breaker always a quick read cannot put the book down looking forward to the next book
Kathi Chastain
Sep 12, 2019 rated it liked it
A good foundation for a new story line.

I enjoy reading about Jesse and his crew. Thru this series I have also learned several theories about our oceans. You should read as a primer for future episodes .

• Revenge in the Keys: A Logan Dodge Adventure (Florida Keys Adventure Series #3)
  • Betrayed in the Keys: A Logan Dodge Adventure (Florida Keys Adventure #4)
  • The Broken Chase (Chase Fulton #2)
  • The Stronger Chase (Chase Fulton #3)
  • The Opening Chase (Chase Fulton #1)
  • Redemption in the Keys: A Logan Dodge Adventure (Florida Keys Adventure #5)
  • Backwater Tide (Kurt Hunter Mysteries #6)
  • Hunted in the Keys: A Logan Dodge Adventure (Florida Keys Adventure Series #2)
  • Wild Riviera (Tyson Wild Thriller #3)
  • Wild Justice (Tyson Wild Thriller #2)
  • Wild Rain (Tyson Wild Thriller #5)
  • Gold in the Keys: A Logan Dodge Adventure (Florida Keys Adventure Series #1)
  • Wild Tide (Tyson Wild Thriller #4)
  • Corruption in the Keys: A Logan Dodge Adventure (Florida Keys Adventure #6)
  • Wild Ocean (Tyson Wild Thriller #1)
  • Vacant Shore (Pine Island Coast Florida Suspense #4)
  • The Unending Chase (Chase Fulton #4)
  • Predator in the Keys: A Logan Dodge Adventure (Florida Keys Adventure Series #7)
I'm a Veteran of the United States Marine Corps and now, a full time novelist. Between those careers, I've also worked as a deckhand, commercial fisherman, divemaster, taxi driver, construction manager, and truck driver. I live in the Sea Islands, near Beaufort, SC, with my wife and youngest daughter. We also have three grown children, five grand children, three dogs and a whole flock of ...more

Jesse McDermitt Caribbean Adventure (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • Fallen Out (Jesse McDermitt Caribbean Adventure #1)
  • Fallen Palm (Jesse McDermitt Caribbean Adventure, #2)
  • Fallen Hunter (Jesse McDermitt Caribbean Adventure #3)
  • Fallen Pride (Jesse McDermitt Caribbean Adventure #4)
  • Fallen Mangrove (Jesse McDermitt Caribbean Adventure #5)
  • Fallen King (Jesse McDermitt Caribbean Adventure #6)
  • Fallen Honor (Jesse McDermitt Caribbean Adventure #7)
  • Fallen Tide (Jesse McDermitt Caribbean Adventure #8)
  • Fallen Angel (Jesse McDermitt Caribbean Adventure #9)
  • Fallen Hero (Jesse McDermitt Caribbean Adventure #10)
“Those who serve do so for that reason: so people like Kat would never experience a night without peace.” 0 likes