Start by marking “From Crook to Cook: Platinum Recipes from Tha Boss Dogg's Kitchen” as Want to Read:
From Crook to Cook: Platinum Recipes from Tha Boss Dogg's Kitchen

From Crook to Cook: Platinum Recipes from Tha Boss Dogg's Kitchen

You've seen Snoop work his culinary magic on VH1's Emmy-nominated Martha and Snoop's Potluck Dinner Party, and now, Tha Dogg's up in your kitchen...with his first cookbook.

Delivering 50 recipes straight from his own collection, Snoop's cookbook features OG staples like Baked Mac & Cheese and Fried Bologna Sandwiches with Chips, and new takes on classic weeknight faves
Published October 23rd 2018 by Chronicle Books

Start your review of From Crook to Cook: Platinum Recipes from Tha Boss Dogg's Kitchen
Mischenko
Jan 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is featured @ https://readrantrockandroll.wordpress...

My son has developed an interest in cooking and we thought this cookbook would be perfect for him. We’re all Snoop Dogg fans and after flipping through and browsing some of the recipes, it almost seemed like it would make a good gag gift with the humerous titles, but these recipes are legit! The book is packed with tons of recipes for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, but so much more including drinks, desserts, special occasion
Stephen Robert Collins
Dec 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I collect cookbooks, from serious, the classic, the books on the history to the bloody Mad. This the last, if you are want a 'good' book of cleaver creative recipes then don't buy this. This the fun book for the cook who isn't, it is the Christmas stocking filler for Dad.
The best dish is Billionaire 's bacon you want to lick the page it looks so Crispy. I have gone to heaven on a pig, so easy to make yet so Mmmmm.
This just silly book with some great funny recipes Hustle Hard Chocolate
Kilikina
Dec 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cookbooks
My boyfriend ended up with this from a White Elephant gift, and it's actually hilariously cool!

Snoop has been great friends with Martha Stewart for a long time, and while I don't think she had any part in this book (I could be wrong), I'm sure he's learned quite a few things from her over the years.

Every page is detailed with good looking recipes that are easy to follow along, has great pictures, and super clever recipe names. We’re definitely looking forward to using this more!
Jess
Nov 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is everything you expect and then some. I loved it. I loved the forward written by Martha Stewart. I loved the sincerity in the recipes. I loved that there was a recipe for a bologna sandwich. I loved the song lists that came with some of the dinner recipes.

And most surprising....these are solid recipes (bologna sandwich aside) that someone on a tight budget can fix and eat well off of. The dinner section and drink section are seriously good for a cookbook that’s covering affordable
Anita Deodat
Dec 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
There were some good recipes in here!
I love the names of meals and randomness in tbe book:
Tha Thickness Gravy
Spaghetti de la Hood
Mack and Cheese : its just like Carlton from the Fresh Prince of Bel Air, it's cheesy as a mofo".

I wish there were more pictures of the food lol
Katrina E
Jan 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This dude is very impressive yet down to earth with it. I love this ccokbook! Of course staying true all his drinks have Gin in them.
Emma
Jan 10, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: cookbooks
I'm a little disappointed in this one. I don't know what I was expecting but pigs in a blanket and garishly colored pages listing Snoop's favorite cereals wasn't it.

It is now my belief that any cookbook that lists a recipe for steak is basically some kid's term paper he wrote 4 hours before it was due and his BSer was turned up to 100.

I'm giving this two stars though because you best believe I'm going to try those potato chip crusted fried chicken wings.
Jana Eichhorn
Jun 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I haven't cooked anything from this book yet, but I'm still giving it 5 stars. I had such a good time reading it, and I laughed out loud So Many Times. I'd checked this out from the library, but before I was even to the halfway point it found its way into my amazon cart. I can't wait to cook my way through this.
Barb Johnson
Aug 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Everything looked super tasty and coincidentally very unhealthy
Naomi
Mar 04, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019
I like reading books by interesting people. This cook book is very different than any other I have read. It definitely has the Snoop Dog stamp and theme throughout the whole book.
Janet
Nov 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: non-fiction, finished
My chef bestie suggested this book as a present for my boyfriend and I had to check it out. I was a little curious as to whether some of the recipes would be a bit...herbed…(hello, brownies!)...but it’s a serious cookbook. Snoop’s commentary is entertaining and the recipes themselves sound delicious, written in plain English and appear reasonably easy to prepare--can’t wait to try some!
Ann
Dec 08, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: library
This was recommended to me as fun and it is. Very strange and funny in places where he literally recommends mac and cheese from a box. But, as Martha Stewart says in her forward, there are several
techniques that are interesting and a few recipes worth keeping. Since that’s often all you get from a more traditional cookbook, it’s definitely worth checking out from the library.
Christine Baptiste
Aug 30, 2019 rated it liked it
Remember when cookbooks were simply recipes, with ingredients and directions on how to prepare the meal. Now cookbooks have morphed into biographies, short stories, history lessons, and tons of anecdotes. This book was just that, and it is written just the way Snoop talks so I could hear his voice in my head comparing rolling sushi to rolling a blunt. All the intros are hilarious and he includes suggested playlist for the recipes (which is really cool and I’ve never seen in a cookbook before). ...more
Melanie
Dec 03, 2019 rated it liked it
I really wanted to love this cookbook but I have to say that it is just average. I loved the narration by Snoop Dogg; I could practically hear his voice as I read. The recipes were just so-so. Most of them were for things that I already have a tried and true recipe for. I didn't find any that I saved to try later. There were lots of pictures of Snoop Dogg cooking but not enough pictures of the finished product of the recipes. I also wonder how much Snoop Dogg was actually involved in writing the ...more
Nikki
Jul 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My favorite part, by far, is the fact that these are all dishes you're already eating at home (if you're a real human person who doesn't subsist on avocado toast and gentrified korean barbecue). I don't read a lot of cookbooks, but the last cookbook I read before this was Christine McConnell's - beautiful, something I'd love to be capable of, but there is no way in hell I have the disposable time to make an ornamental haunted mansion out of cake. Snoop's cookbook, on the other hand, straight up ...more
Gina
Sep 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Okay, straight up, I love it so much that he refers to Martha Stewart as "My homegirl Martha". Ugh. Love. It. I also highly enjoyed the fact that Pop Tarts and Instant Macaroni and Cheese were some of his pantry staples. The recipes in here were all legit though! I'm ready to go home and make some "Billionaire's Bacon" and some "Orange (but really kinda burgundy) Chicken with White Rice" as soon as possible! Seriously digging his "Beats and Bites" playlists in the back as well. Like, hold up ...more
Kenya
Oct 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I picked up this book more out of nostalgia than any expectation of brilliance. To my surprise, the cookbook included a wide variety of recipes from the inexpensive and simple (fried bologna sandwiches) to the posh (lobster thermidor). The recipes are clear and easy to follow, the text is lighthearted and funny, and the photography is very well done. I expected a lark, and got something useful.
Aisha-Kimberly Hashmi
I loved this book! Well written and entertaining, and tried all the recipes except for those with pork. Some I tried and substituted with turkey bacon and they turned out okay. The pancakes are my favorite. Snoop Dogg is the coolest and a wonderful person who has turned his life around and I am really hoping to one day meet him! I will teach him some Pakistani cooking that will make him love super spicy food!
Angela
Feb 12, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was under the impression this was part memoir-ish kinda thing, part cookbook but it's all cookbook with some asides written in Snoop's "voice" (you could totally hear him reading the intros to each recipe) and a few incongruous lists of shit in his pantry. I did read through all the recipes and jot a couple down, the breakfast section definitely appealed the most. The sort of novelty book that makes a good stocking stuffer. Includes a lot of beautiful photos of the food.
Rana
Dec 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I frequently look at cookbooks, but it's usually to skim the recipes. I rarely read everything, but this one warranted more attention. Written in true Snoop style and phrasing, he shares many reasonable and achievable recipes for the average home (i.e. Fried Bologna Sandwich) as well as a few for those with fancier tastes (i.e. Lobster Thermidor). Luckily though, the recipes themselves are translated from Snoop-speak to traditional English so they are easy to follow!
Danielle
Dec 27, 2019 rated it liked it
Highly entertaining and everything you’d expect from Snoop Dogg writing a cookbook. There’s a recipe for gin and juice that is literally gin...in orange juice. A delightful forward by Martha Stewart. A recipe for a bologna sandwich. It’s equal parts absurd and hilarious. Nothing really special about the recipes themselves other than the funny commentary. Definitely worth an add to your cookbook collection but unlikely to be something I reach for frequently while cooking.
(a)lyss(a)
This was around 3.5 stars for me.

I appreciate that every recipe has a photo and lots of goofy Dogg-puns, Snoop words, and unlike some celebrity cook books genuinely seems like Snoop wrote it.

I'm excited to try the mac and cheese recipe. There are some recommendations around cereals and candy that felt a bit out of place but this is definitely a fun cook book.
Nov 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: chipublib, 2018
I haven't tried any of the recipes, but it was a great read. I didn't realize Snoop enjoyed cooking so much or that he was so damn funny.

I wish there were more photos, but I think that of every cookbook I read. The photos that were included made the food look amazing. The recipes are pretty simple and the ingredients are easily accessible.
Maddy Hayes
Nov 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
The design of this book is SO COOL. Either seeing Snoop's actual words in print is throwing me off my game or it seems pretty heavily ghostwritten, but I still enjoyed a lot of the recipes. I love the food lists and the playlists, and there's enough original recipes in here that it deserves to be kept.
Siriusly
Apr 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: food
Ghetto to bougie, Snoop lays down his favorite rezi-cipies. Ya dig? Ya don’t wanna cook, it’s still some good readin, dog.

For real though, Snoop laid out an everyday, real people cookbook. He even shares his favorite junk foods and quick fixes. I grabbed this from the library after seeing my favorite food YouTube channel, SortedFood, make a couple of the recipes and now I’m tempted to buy it!
Megan Vizinat
Jan 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
This book surprised me. I received this as a gag gift from a Christmas party and thought that it would be a re-gift for next year. I cracked open the book and was touched by the sincerity and humor that filled the pages. The recipes range from ridiculously easy to medium in difficulty. This book is perfect for the broke college student or the person who burns water.
Linda
May 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
There are plenty of great recipes that are easy to follow. However, the colored pages were difficult for me to read and I would have preferred the recipes on white paper. Along with Snoop's stories about some of the recipes, and food products this made the cookbook interesting and fun.
Deborah
Feb 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
Go in with no expectations, enjoy Snoop’s appreciation for Froot Loops, Mac & Cheese, and really good eggs. Filled with rando anecdotes and a hearty helping of -izzle, this cookbook is part novelty, part real recipes.
Naomi
Nov 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
I’ll admit that I stumbled upon this book as a result of being behind in my reading challenge. On that note, there are some very interesting recipes or standard recipes with unique ingredient twists in this book. Definitely will be trying a handful of them.
Anna Fitzgerald
Feb 03, 2019 rated it liked it
Loved it for the unique approach. Not self-training on a single style of cooking or genre of cuisine but a great collection of what Snoop likes to eat. It's fun but I like it best for ideas rather than the recipes.

• The Pioneer Woman Cooks: The New Frontier
  • Bobby at Home: Fearless Flavors from My Kitchen: A Cookbook
  • Half Baked Harvest Cookbook: Recipes from My Barn in the Mountains
  • Nothing Fancy: Unfussy Food for Having People Over
  • Cook Once, Eat All Week: 26 Weeks of Gluten-Free, Affordable Meal Prep to Preserve Your Time & Sanity
  • Carla Hall's Soul Food: Everyday and Celebration
  • Antoni in the Kitchen
  • Love and Lemons Every Day: More Than 100 Bright, Plant-Forward Recipes for Every Meal: A Cookbook
  • Cooking with Miss Quad: Live, Laugh, Love and Eat
  • You Are New
  • Half Baked Harvest Super Simple: More Than 125 Recipes for Instant, Overnight, Meal-Prepped, and Easy Comfort Foods: A Cookbook
  • Milk Street: Tuesday Nights: More than 200 Simple Weeknight Suppers that Deliver Bold Flavor, Fast
  • Sweet Nature: A Cook's Guide to using Honey and Maple Syrup
  • Ruffage: A Practical Guide to Vegetables
  • Fix It with Food: More Than 125 Recipes to Address Autoimmune Issues and Inflammation: A Cookbook
  • Cravings: Hungry for More
  • Indian-ish: Recipes and Antics from a Modern American Family
  • Simple Cake: All You Need to Keep Your Friends and Family in Cake [a Baking Book]
Cordozar Calvin Broadus Jr., better known by his stage name Snoop Dogg (previously Snoop Doggy Dogg), is a Grammy Award-nominated American rapper, singer, record producer, and actor. Snoop is best known as an MC in the West Coast hip hop scene, and for being one of producer Dr. Dre's most notable protégés. His catch phrase is "-izzle," a slang term developed by Oakland, California rap group 3X ...more