Start by marking “Three Mages and a Margarita (The Guild Codex: Spellbound, #1)” as Want to Read:
Three Mages and a Margarita (The Guild Codex: Spellbound, #1)

Three Mages and a Margarita

(The Guild Codex: Spellbound #1)

Broke, almost homeless, and recently fired. Those are my official reasons for answering a wanted ad for a skeevy-looking bartender gig.

It went downhill the moment they asked me to do a trial shift instead of an interview—to see if I'd mesh with their "special" clientele. I think that part went great. Their customers were complete dickheads, and I was an asshole right back.
Published September 14th 2018 by Dark Owl Fantasy Inc.

✶Rachelle✶
Sep 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018, arc, paranormal

Magic guilds, Elemental mages and psychics and other magic people, strong sense of friendship and loyalty.....what does this remind me of?...

Oh yeah.....

Say hello to the more adult, urban fantasy version of Fairy Tail, one of my FAVORITE ANIMES OF ALL TIME. I mean Erza is even my profile pic. I don't know if the similarities are wishful thinking on my part or if the author took inspiration from Fairy Tail, but either way I was SO EXCITED with the connections I was making.

I devoured thi
Denisa
3.5-4ish
Well, I like it for some weird reason. Promising, definitely.

I dunno why I liked this one. It was weird and a bit annoying and can't say I love the main character, but for some reason I find this series absolutely delightful! Like a big, yummy ice cream.

This chick is fun! And her friends are pretty cool too. What caught me was the writing style, I read this book in a day without actually trying to. It went by so fast and the story was so much fun that I could barely put it down to eat (
Kristen Burns
4 Stars

Review:
*I received an ecopy of this book from the author. This has not influenced my review.*

The blurb says this book is a fun, sassy, fast-paced urban fantasy, and I gotta say, that is actually a highly accurate description!

Tori, our main character, was one of those heroines who is full of sass and attitude and runs her mouth off or does impulsive things even when she shouldn't, and that's normally a type of character I'm not fond of. But her short temper was kind of understandable in th
Vanessa ♛Queen Alchemy ϟ Novel Nerd Faction♛
09/17/2018: Read for the second time! This book has been out for only three days and I have fully read it twice already and skimmed through it a third time. I love it!

This review MAY contain spoilers. Read at your own risk.

This book was a glorious adventure and it was just what I needed right now! Annette Marie has broken the mold and shattered my expectations yet again. Just when I think that she is super clever for coming up with imaginative, complex fantasy worlds she releases another and I a
mith
find this review + others on my blog!
---
I think I've said this before, but whatever. I love Annette Marie's books and I'll read anything of hers at this point. Anything.

I was ecstatic when Marie announced two new series, one of them being this one! I was just waiting for more info to come in—cover reveals, character reveals, blurbs, all that good stuff. And each new teaser just got me hyped up all the more.

That being said, I was extremely satisfied with Three Mages and a Margarita! Despite the t
Lizzy (Bent Bookworm)
~*Full review here on The Bent Bookworm!*~

I was expecting to like Three Mages and a Margarita. I was NOT expecting to love it. And well..let’s just say as soon as I finished I jumped onto GoodReads to see when the next one was coming out!

I signed up for the book tour because I like sassy female characters and felt like I could use a lighthearted, amusing read in the middle of all my heavy science stuff that I’ve been working on for months. The description made me think Jim Butcher and Gail Carri
Mellea
Sep 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars - I loved this book... it was cute, funny, fluffy, and just what I needed on a lazy Sunday. The description says it's not reverse harem, but it is definitely similar. Lots of witty banter and flirting between Tori and the three hot male leads (guess that's why it needed a disclaimer). I can't wait for book 2!
MrsJoseph
This was so much fun!

There's a bit of romance - with a hint of more to possibly come....

...but for the most part this is solidly in the UF territory - just fluffy UF. BUT it's FUN fluffy. Lots of snark, sarcasm and action. I'm totally going on to read book 2!!
Marguerite (Fluffzilla)
Rating: 5 stars

"Since this drink is on you," I told him, "I know exactly what I want."
He watched curiously as I turned to Cooper, my smile widening.
"How about a margarita?"

Three Mages and a Margarita was so much fun. It was well written, fast paced, with action, comedy and an overly charming heroine with anger issues.

The book introduced us to many characters but mostly revolved around Tori at her newfound workplace. She did not just get a job she practically knew nothing about but also stumbled
Mara
Mar 18, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: urban-fantasy
I tagged this UF, but it's a stretch. A cutesy story with a barely there plot and almost no world building. It suffers terribly from superficiality and blandness. Characters were one dimensional.
I'm not particularly interested in reading this series.
Al *the semi serial series skipper*
This was a pretty sweet read. I liked Tori, she was such a vivid character. I liked her response to the things happening around her,she thought like a normal person and you could really connect with her.

I was wishing this was a RH because of all the hot guys, I kind of don't want her stuck with one, the more the merrier. I sincerely hope she learns magic in the next book and heighten her badassery.
Ina

Oh wow, what a pleasant surprise this book was. I already gave up on accomplishing my GR reading challenge for 2018 since I haven't finished a book in a few months due to a lot of work and stress, but I'm glad I managed to squeeze this one in. I saw this book in my newsfeed a long time ago and even though I didn't have time for it back then, I thought it seemed like a fun read and the ratings were promising.

Now that I had some time during the holidays I decided to pick this up and I was
Erin *Proud Book Hoarder*
I really liked this one -- the main character is fun, feisty, and ends up in an unusual situation. There's attacks, hilarious moments, borderline hot moments (still not sure which of the guys will be the one yet), intriguing world building. For a change she's the norm in a group of paranormals instead of there being something unsual about her "powers" (she has none). Will be reading the second soon.
Emma
Sep 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great new urban fantasy series from a recently discovered author. I’m really enjoying her Steel and Stone series but like this first book in a new world even more, partly because the protagonist is a bit older. We have here a world where the magic community is more or less unknown to humans, but lives in plain sight. The magic community regulates and polices itself and alchemists, Psychica and mages belong to guilds. I liked the fact that Tori herself has no magical abilities, although there a ...more
Yael Shalom
Sep 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ohhhh boy , That was so much FUN !
great characters , great action, three hot bad ass guys and a cool as hell heroine .
I loved it .
Will defiantly read the next book .

Sarah Leenart
Sep 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
There comes an author once in every while that every word they write is just pure magic on the page. Yes indeed! Annette Marie is one such author for me. Starting out a fresh new series in a whole new world after others have been firmly cemented in people's minds and hearts must be daunting for an author and I admit for a reader it is slightly nerve wracking too, will I like the new world/characters as much as the others? Whether you are a long time fan or new to this author's writing, you will ...more
Soo
Sep 25, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
Mini-Review:

I came across this book in my GR feed & suggested it to a friend. We promptly set up a Buddy Read to happen in a few days. I am a dork. This book is currently available on Kindle Unlimited, and I went to read a few pages to see if I would like it. I was hooked by the down to earth character & humor and ended up reading the whole thing before the Buddy Read. Ha!

My friend read the book, had a good time and we're in to Buddy Read the next one when it comes out.

I like Tori &
Karen  ⚜Mess⚜
Buddy read with Gotta Have Romance with a Kick

Not a bad book, but not awesome either. A bit too "bubblegum" personality. There was a long boring moment with not much going on. Action finally picked up and it became decent enough storyline.

I didn't feel a romantic connection, but if Annette could pick that up a bit and swing things around this would have made a great reverse harem story. Would love to read more about Erza.

The cover and the title were a big seller for me. I'd like to read th
julia ☆ [owls reads]
4 stars!

Don’t hit first, but always hit back.

Three Mages and a Margarita is a charming Urban Fantasy book with lots of humor and a cast of well developed characters. The world-building is really well done, and the premise of a bar being a guild is both intriguing and really well explored. There’s a bit of a romance vibe between several characters, but the novel is not a reverse harem deal, just filled with fun.

Annette Marie creates a unique world and a great set up for the series in this no
Christa
Tori is hardheaded and abrasive, and looking for a new job. She’s sees an ad for a bartender at the Crow and Hammer, and bluffs her way into a bartending position. She thinks the clientele is a little odd, but she holds her own. She later learns that it is a guild for mythics - which are mages, witches, psychics, hags, etc.

Humans are not to know about mythics, but Tori is the best bartender they have ever had, she holds her own and takes crap from no one. So they decide to keep her around.

This
Jacob
May 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
First draft, so funny.
Gaby★Me Myshelf and I★
Mar 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Listened to on audio. Though that was pretty stupid because the whole series is available on KU, but I’ve a lot of free time in the car and credits on audible so I just went for it. It was a good narration if you’re looking to pick it up on audio.

As a RH nut this was a little frustrating knowing it’s not going to be a Reverse Harem but also knowing how perfect it’s set up for it. I really really want it to be.If I close my eyes and imagine real hard will it change do you think?

Aside from that i
Tweebs♥️ (semi-hiatus)
don't sleep on this book, sleep on beds.

Stephanie Meehan
*I was given an ARC for an honest review*

OMG this was just soo good. Annette has done it again and gotten me hooked into a new series! Tori is a feisty redhead who gets herself into trouble. Her temper gets her fired from way too many jobs. Desperate she goes the Crow and Hammer for a simple bartender job. Well it wasn;t simple. She uncover a magical guild filled with things she never knew excited. With three mage hotties. Kai, Aaron, and Erza. These characters will have you laughing, gushing wi
Lola
I received a free copy from Xpresso Book Tours and voluntarily reviewed it.

Three Mages and a Margarita was a fun read. I've had some of this author's books on my to-read list for a while now, but this is the first book by her that I actually read. If you're looking for an enjoyable urban fantasy read this is definitely a good one to check out.

Three Mages and Margarita is told from first person point of view from Tori's perspective. At the start of the book she gets fired from another job, she ha
Nicole (TheBookWormDrinketh)
This book definitely had ELEMENTS of a reverse harem, but please don’t be scared away by that!! It’s a fun fantasy all the way! I loved the world building in this book. The fact that magic lives amongst us in Secret Guilds that are protected by a shadowy Government Agency… IT MAKES SO MUCH SENSE!

I LOVED Tori, she’s sassy, she’s vibrant, and she’s got a good (though impulsive) head on her shoulders,

“Anyone who’s known me for more than an hour has an inkling of my temper. And by inkling, I mean I
Camila Rodriguez
Apr 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
I

LOVED

IT.

And there wasn’t even sex!
Or nudity!
Or excessive mentioning of penises!
I think I only saw the word fuck in there once!

As Gaby would say: this is a feel-good RH.
Edit: it’s not RH (I am crying)

Tori was comical, but not aloof or idiotic. Brave, but not stupid. She was funny and herself.

The guys:
Aaron: at least he’s forward. Thank the heavens. Edit: he’s the love interest.
Kai: remove yourself from your harem.
Ezra: (edit) soooo what is his role in all of this?

The plot was decent.
The char
Nikk the Sapphired Book Dragon
This book was a surprisingly fun and quick read. I originally picked this up as it worked for a challenge and I have read other books by this author that i have enjoyed but i think i enjoyed this one more. A urban fantasy, this book had a an action packed and entertaining storyline, a capable, independent heroine with a temper and a knack for losing jobs. This read was fun, quirky and an easy and entertaining read. I am already seriously considering pre-ordering book 2 which is out in November
Snarktastic Sonja
Oct 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute book with snarky characters. This is a short book with not a lot of character development. In reality, the characters don't really *need* a lot of development - but they are just a tad one dimensional. There is room to grow for each one. It will be interesting to see if they *do* grow along the way. And, make no mistake, I will continue along in the series.

My only caveat is the whole "reverse harem" thing. I dislike that genre. With a passion. Author clearly states in the description that i
Tanya Davis

I received this book for free from Publisher in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.Three Mages and a Margarita by Annette Marie was a fun dip into the world of the magical!

Tory is a big character. She has attitude issues that would make you laugh. The opening scene alone let me know I was in for a treat. When she finds a place that actually puts up with her temper and doesn't fire her for throwing margaritas in a customer's fac

• Xander's Chance (Damian Eternal, #1)
  • Tatterdemalion (Foundations of Magic, #1)
  • Power Play (Pleasure Playground #2)
  • Head Above Water (Gemini, #2)
  • Pain (Darwin's Theory, #1)
  • Precinct 13
  • Pain Slut (The Subs Club, #2)
  • Shrill Dusk (City of Magic #1)
  • Charity's Storm (Charity, #4)
  • Devil's Paw (Imp, #4)
  • Huntress (Grace Murphy, #1)
  • Black As Night (Quentin Black Mystery #2)
  • Impervious (City of Eldrich #1)
  • Hell's Bell (Lizzie Grace, #2)
  • Fighting
  • Give It All (Desert Dogs, #2)
  • Heart of Malice (Alice Worth, #1)
  • Alpha's Last Fight (Scraptown Shifters, #1)
Annette Marie is the author of YA urban fantasy series Steel & Stone, its prequel trilogy Spell Weaver, and romantic fantasy trilogy Red Winter. Her first love is fantasy, but fast-paced urban fantasy, bold heroines, and tantalizing forbidden romances are her guilty pleasures. She proudly admits she has a thing for dragons, and her editor has politely inquired as to whether she intends to incl ...more

The Guild Codex: Spellbound (5 books)
  • Dark Arts and a Daiquiri (The Guild Codex: Spellbound, #2)
  • Two Witches and a Whiskey (The Guild Codex: Spellbound, #3)
  • Demon Magic and a Martini (The Guild Codex: Spellbound, #4)
  • The Alchemist and an Amaretto (The Guild Codex: Spellbound, #5)
“Sharpie? You named your sword Sharpie?” “We’re supposed to be incognito, Tori. What if someone overheard me talking about my Fiery Deathbringer or Warblade of Murderous Doom?” “They’d probably think you were talking about a video game.” 2 likes
“you miss one hundred percent of the shots you don’t take.” 1 likes