Start by marking “Rebel Hard (Hard Play, #2)” as Want to Read:
Rebel Hard (Hard Play, #2)

Rebel Hard

(Hard Play #2)

New York Times bestselling author Nalini Singh continues her Hard Play series with a sweet, sexy romance featuring big, fat, OTT weddings, a meddling grandma, and a too-serious hero who needs to be unbuttoned…

Nayna Sharma agreed to an arranged marriage in the hope it would heal the fractures in her beloved family… only to realize too late that a traditional marriage is her
Published September 18th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Rebel Hard, please sign up.

Start your review of Rebel Hard (Hard Play, #2)
Aisling Zena

It is quite amazing to me, the similarities between Indian and Greek/Cypriot culture. I grew up much the same way as Nayna and trust me when I say, it sucks. And I didn't even have a runaway sister. My parents had no excuse. Other than the typical "What will people say?". I wasn't even allowed to go out in broad daylight to have coffee with my girlfriends, or go to the cinema with them. This book took me down memory lane and frankly it made me angry for my poor teenage self all over
Corina
Aug 29, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rebel Hard by Nalini Singh was many things, sweet, sexy, and emotional, but most of all it was fascinating.

Could you imagine being part of an arranged marriage?

I couldn't! But there are quite a few cultures where an arranged marriage is the norm, even in the 21st century.

The first time I met Nayna Sharma andRaj Sen was inCherish Hard. They meet at a party one night without realizing that their parents picked one another as possible candidates for marriage. Of course that second meeting didn't go
Cyndi
I loved everything about this book! Raj and Nayna are both awesome! Their relationship is so sweet! I loved all the side characters- especially Nayna’s grandmother! The epilogue was good, but I want more! I would love a little novella about them!
Camila, the opinionated Catruler
Nalini Singh is back and she comes bearing gifts.

I'll be honest with you, I've been a little disenchanted with the whole Romance genre of late. I don't know if it's me, or it's generally going downhill, but if I have to read about one more secret kept for 20 years or a misunderstanding that has no reason to exist other than pride and prejudice (view spoiler) I might just abandon this ship altogether.

Book Gannet
This book was everything I wanted it to be, and then some. There’s family drama, an arranged marriage, meddlesome in-laws, massive OTT weddings, fledgling flirtation, super-sexy selfies and a hero who is just amazing. Seriously. Raj is amazing, that is all you need to know.

But if you want more… Well, in bare facts, Raj possibly shouldn’t have been as amazing as he is. He works extremely hard, doesn’t have much time or even the inclination to play, he is very serious and very old-fashioned. He
Geri Reads
Sep 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: all-my-loves
Rebel Hard was a joy to read from start to finish.Hilarious, poignant, and sexy, Rebel Hard is everything I wanted in my contemporary romance. Nalini Singh's writing shines through as she takes us through Nayna and Raj journey to HEA.

Full review to follow!

ARC provided by the author in exchange for an honest review.
Rê
description

5 “My heart can barely take all these feelings” Stars

This is the best romance book I read this year. Simple, beautiful, touching, full of feels and sexy AF.

I’m so in love with this book and these characters I don’t think I have words to describe my feelings.

Nayna is the kind of protagonist that steals my heart from page one and refuses to give it to back to me even after the story is over. She’s such a gentle soul. A beautiful person that I wish was real and my friend. Her desire for freedom and
Aly is so frigging bored
This is the best contemporary Nalini has ever written!
Nayna has always felt like she has to be the perfect daughter to make up for the disappointment her parents felt when her older sister became a rebel. She's always done what was expected of her and has never wanted to hurt them by pushing her boundaries which is why she has agreed to an arranged marriage. But as she meets one disastrous match after another she starts to question whether she really wants to let herself be trapped in a life of someone else's choosing and her bet friend talks her ...more
Lisa
Also on Romances Ever After.

Okay so if you've been following my posts or tweets, then you'll probably know that Nalini Singh is a new-to-me author I've started reading early this year, and I've been a huge fan ever since. After devouring her paranormal works and loving her angels, vampires, and changelings, it's only right that I venture into her contemporary works as well.

Rebel Hard is my first, and holy shit it's SO GOOD. I basically said that about almost every Nalini book I've read so who's
Maida
I don't think I can express how much I loved this book. It's the kind of book that makes me insecure about my own writing because Nalini Singh is a queen and if I only have a tiny bit of talent she has, I'd be ecstatic. But, at the same time, it inspires me to keep on going, keep on sharing, because these are the books that need to be written - #ownvoices novels from writers of color showcasing people from all cultures as the heroes and heroines in romance.

I've long admired Nalini Singh and
Anna Banana
Jan 02, 2019 rated it really liked it

First read of 2019 and it's off to a great start!

This was a really cute romance and I love how I learned so much about a culture I've always found so deeply fascinating and interesting. This book has a mix of arranged marriage, opposites attract and "You were my one night stand except now you're meeting my family, wtf?!"

I've always loved Nalini's writing but I've only read her shifter series, I'm happy I finally got the chance to read one of her contemporary romances. I thought the first three
Jan
Sep 24, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: contemporary
2 to 2.5 stars. It was OK. I was a bit disappointed. I liked the H, Raj. The h not so much. She was very confused and IMO mucked poor Raj around just too much. It seemed like the angst in this book was a bit too manufactured. It just felt like a storm in a teacup and I wasn't convinced. I mean no disrespect to the Indian/Fijian/New Zealand cultures depicted in both of their families. That was an interesting aspect of the book actually (although there was a little too much detailed description of ...more
Tori
Originally posted at http://smexybooks.com/2018/09/toris-t...

Delightfully charming and deliciously wicked, Singh outshines herself in her latest romance that examines the Indian tradition of arranged marriage and one couples’ determination to find a way to adhere to their culture without losing themselves in the process. Witty, bold and oh so sexy, Singh opens up for readers a colorful family-oriented culture rich in tradition as she introduces us to a hero and heroine for whom family is
Marta Cox
Aug 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-reviews, netgalley
With this story the author gives what she knows best and that is tradition, family and of course love. Our heroine Nayna is “a good girl “ trying so hard to be everything her family expect. Yet she has subjugated her own wants and wishes and all so she will never hurt her family. A moment of madness brings Raj into her life but things get so much more complicated when it turns out the sexy hunk is more than a hot fling he’s actually someone her parents are arranging for Nayna to marry !
I never
Teresa (Reads_Romance)
I am not sure if I have the words to adequately express how much I loved Rebel Hard, but I am going to try. I'm still not over this book. I read this book in one amazing day and resented each and every time I needed to stop for things like food. It is absolutely one of my favorite romances of the year, hands down, and is my new favorite Nalini contemporary romance. If I had all the money in the world, I would buy this book for everyone I know.

I feel a little helpless as a reviewer in the face of
Bookgasms Book Blog
Sep 27, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ratula
I have been a huge fan of Nalini Singh's Rock Kiss series and was super excited to read Rebel Hard. Right from the beginning I was hooked as Raj and Nayna were both sexy and honest and their connection and initial meeting was fabulous. This story almost felt like a bollywood soap opera as there were so many feelings and issues that needed to be addressed. I was hooked from the getgo.

As a Desi woman and an Indian American I was overjoyed by the fact that this story told the story of traditional
Sahitya
Nalini Singh is such a familiar name in Romancelandia but I’ve never actually read her books, nor have I really wanted to (mostly because it’s her paranormal romances that are popular). But since I got to know about this contemporary romance featuring desi characters almost an year ago, I’ve wanted to read it but just kept forgetting. So, when I suddenly saw it on my library shelf today, I thought why not and immediately picked it up. And it turned out to be quite a lovely read.

As I’m new to the
G.
Sep 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Just because we grow doesn’t mean we forget our old selves. We are all created of many skins.

Nalini Singh's contemporary romances are hit-and-miss with me. In fact, the only one I was a fan of before reading this book was Rock Hard. Now I can add Rebel Hard to this short list. It was a joy to read.

Rebel Hard is a lovely combination of sweet romance, great characters, diversity, and an appreciation of family and culture-slash-traditions.

It's a cinnamon roll of a book.
Fabiola Chenet
Sep 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely loved the heroes, their story, their Relationship. And I definitely watched again my favorite Bollywood movie while reading the book. Because Rebel Hard is about Indian people, their tradition, their rules and the rebellion of a strong heroine.
Francesca ❆
This book was a joy to read from start to finish: hilarious, poignant, full of life lessons and sexy.
Rebel Hard is everything I like in a contemporary romance.
Nalini Singh's writing fully delivers (as always) as she takes us through Nayna and Raj’s story.
There is so much to love about this book. It's rich, beautiful, emotion-packed, humorous. There's family, friendship, culture, tradition, respect, food culture, fashion, and lots and lots of love.

Although I’ll be always loyal to her UF/PNR
Dísir
Nalini Singh gives us a slice of the unique Fijian/Kiwi Indian culture in ‘Rebel Hard’ where strongly-held Indian traditions grudgingly meet the modern (and supposedly declining) standards of modern dating.

And for many who love diversity and the cultural spotlight Singh shines here, 'Rebel Hard' is the book to go to.

The weight of family expectations is pushed hard on Nayna Sharma’s shoulders, more so after her rebellious sister broke her parents’ hearts but Raj Sen—the chosen one and the very
Stephanie
Sep 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is an absolutely gorgeous confection of a romance novel - my favorite so far of all of Nalini Singh's contemporary romances. (This one includes characters from the first book in this series, Cherish Hard, but it stands on its own and a lot of the events overlap chronologically, so there's no need to read the other one first. On the other hand, I really enjoyed that one, too, and I'm betting you'll want to read it afterwards if you love this one!)

Nayna and Raj are a fantastic couple, and the
Emmy
Nalini Singh is a compelling writer usually but this could have been like 50-75 pages shorter. I did not need descriptions of every sari that Nayna and her sister wore, or every Indian dish they ate and how to prepare it, or FOUR different weddings.

I recently read a review of a Goodreads friend that mentioned negative motivations or goals. This book was completely driven by negative goals - Nayna not wanting to get married and be caged - which didn't create as compelling a story as I would have
aarya
4.5 stars.

2019 Ripped Bodice Summer Bingo: Sassy Grandparent

Reread for SBTB Quarterly Book Club Podcast.

Podcast episode and transcript here! I talk a lot! Hopefully with intelligent comments.

Jen (That's What I'm Talking About)
Nayna Sharma has spent most of her life trying to keep peace within her family. She is the ultimate good child to her mostly traditional Indian parents because her older sister shamed the family with her personal affairs. Although her sister has been accepted back into the family, Nayna continues to feel the pressure to make peace, doing little to make waves; which is why she’s letting her parents choose her husband for her.

Along comes Raj Sen. At first he was to be a one-night fling for Nayna -
Alexandra
Sep 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 1018
I received an e-ARC from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. Review can be found on *Milky Way of Books*

Nayna and Raj...what can I say about this couple! They were different than the heroes and heroines I usually read in Nalini Singh's books and it felt very refreshing. For once, I got to read about a different culture and expand my vocabulary, since the only idea I have about Indian culture was through Bollywood (which is wrong).

The need to be perfect in an Indian family is stifling for
Lacey (Booklovers For Life)
Thanks to the publisher for generously providing me an ARC to review.
Kahea
***5 ‘You’re Mine’ Stars***

The whole cheeks hurting because I couldn’t stop doing the dopey grinning thing was real. Even now, after a team workout session that handed me my ass, I’m grinning like a loon as I think about how hard I swooned and laughed over Rebel Hard and how I failed miserably at #multitasking because I couldn’t put the book down. It was all kinds of fun, sweet and filled with a huge dose of family and heart that was like a drug for me and I was addicted from the very first
Linda (un)Conventional Bookworms
This review was originally posted on (un)Conventional Bookworms
*I received a free copy of [title] from [publisher] via Netgalley. This has in no way influenced my voluntary review, which is honest and unbiased *Rebel Hard was such a swoon-worthy story. Trying to stay within their families' and culture's tradition, Nayna and Raj had their work cut of for them! But what a beautiful path they were on!

Review - (un)Conventional Bookviews
Story:
Singh always makes me swoon - and she did so with Rebel Hard as well. I loved this peek
Nalini Singh Fans: Rebel Hard #2 83 44 Jan 20, 2020 01:42PM
Goodreads Librari...: Please update page count 2 11 Aug 26, 2019 05:21AM

• Lionheart (Moonshadow, #3)
  • Diamond Fire (Hidden Legacy, #3.5)
  • Sapphire Flames (Hidden Legacy, #4)
  • In a Badger Way (Honey Badger Chronicles, #2)
  • American Witch
  • Fall (VIP, #3)
  • Vengeance Road (Torpedo Ink #2)
  • The Wallflower Wager (Girl Meets Duke, #3)
  • Sweep with Me (Innkeeper Chronicles, #4.5)
  • Leopard's Run (Leopard People #10)
  • Cross Breed (Breeds, #23)
  • A Heart of Blood and Ashes (A Gathering of Dragons, #1)
  • Sweep of the Blade (Innkeeper Chronicles, #4)
  • The Austen Playbook (London Celebrities, #4)
  • Headliners (London Celebrities, #5)
  • Blood and Blade (Goddess with a Blade #6)
  • Tikka Chance on Me
  • Shadow Warrior (Shadow Riders, #4)
I've been writing as long as I can remember and all of my stories always held a thread of romance (even when I was writing about a prince who could shoot lasers out of his eyes). I love creating unique characters, love giving them happy endings and I even love the voices in my head. There's no other job I would rather be doing. In September 2002, when I got the call that Silhouette Desire wanted ...more

Hard Play (3 books)
  • Cherish Hard (Hard Play, #1)
  • Love Hard (Hard Play, #3)
“You young people. Where do you think you come from, huh?"

"I arrived by stork," Raj said seriously. "My brother and sister by magic.”
1 likes