Start by marking “Single and Looking: Daisy (Secret Lives of Sisters #1)” as Want to Read:
Single and Looking: Daisy (Secret Lives of Sisters #1)

Single and Looking: Daisy

(Secret Lives of Sisters #1)

A HEARTWARMING TALE OF A 39-YEAR-OLD SCREW-UP, HER SEARCH FOR LOVE & HER TALKING CAT.

Daisy is turning 40. To make the crises worse, her five sisters pray over her unmarried status, and then her cat begins speaking English with a British accent! Well, no wonder the cat quotes William Shakespeare sometimes! Daisy did name the cat Shakespeare after all.

The mess of Daisy's l
Published August 24th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Single and Looking, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Single and Looking

Start your review of Single and Looking: Daisy (Secret Lives of Sisters #1)
Keep Calm Novel On
Sep 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
The Goodreads group Shut Up & Read (Read It & Read) provided a copy of the eBook in exchange for an honest review.

Belinda Austin has created a truly original romance filled with page-turning humour. Daisy is 39 (not quite 40), a forever post-secondary student, and looking for Mr. Right. With ongoing pressure from her eccentric sisters and mother the hilarious drama unfolds. Each sister has a go at arranging a date for Daisy. The dates are beyond laugh out loud. And of course, her honest and loya
Lolly K Dandeneau
via my blog: https://bookstalkerblog.wordpress.com/
The cat swayed slightly on his paws. “I had a pint me dear. I imbibe now and then because you cut off me love buds.”

Daisy is approaching her 40th birthday, and of course there is nothing her sisters (the Estrogen Squad as Shakespeare the kitty calls them) want more for her than to be married off. Daisy’s adopted cat Shakespeare is another story, when he isn’t imbibing or making money with his business he is helping her land a man. Sober Shakesp
Janet
Jun 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received a DIGITAL Advance Reader Copy of this book from #NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. From the publisher ---

Description
AT FIRST, DAISY IGNORES HER CAT'S DATING ADVICE.
Daisy will turn 40 in eleven months and has never married. Her family figures Daisy is a loser because she is still in college trying to avoid paying off her student loans which have amassed over 22 years of a miseducation. And all Daisy has is a cat to keep her company.
To make the crises worse, her cat begins ta
Shannon
Single and Looking Daisy: A Funny Laugh Out Loud Feel Good Summer Read
Secret Lives of Sisters, Book 1

I Picked Up This Book Because: Author’s description in my Netgalley Goodreads group

The Characters:

Daisy:
Shakespeare the cat:
David

The Story:

For me this did not live up to the hype of the title. I could see where the author was trying to be funny but it just wasn’t my kind of humor. It struck me as Broad City humor which I just don’t like.

I found Daisy to mo
Andrea Guy
Aug 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is probably one of the funniest books I've read in a long time. Daisy is nearly 40 and a hot mess. She has a cat that suddenly starts talking in a British accent and her family want her to find a man.

Perish the thought that a woman could be complete without a man.

Daisy was just unbelievable and the blind dates, and the names of the blind dates! It really is absolutely hilarious. I felt so bad for her and then again I didn't.

I have to admit I questioned whether or not her sisters (all that
Elissa
Dec 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Spinster Exorcism

The opening morning after the night before seems to have wandered into a Shakespearean fairy tale or, more likely, nightmare. Dysfunctional is inadequate to describe Daisy's family; each of the sisters is a bigger mess than the last, but her siblings, mother and aunt are all focused on relieving her, at nearly 40, of the stigma of spinsterhood. Enter the cat . . .

Stacy Gonzalez narrates with gusto and has a great deal of fun with various American, British, and Scots accents as
Mary
Oct 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy through the RI&R group here on G to base my review on.

OMGosh! I could not stop laughing throughout this book. Belinda you write with so much humor my eyes were watering so hard because I was laughing so hard. I would giggle and my oldest daughter would look over and ask "What's so funny mom?" I told her she would have to find out for herself once I was finished reading the book. I know she will be laughing right along with the book too.

I can honestly picture Shakespeare talki
Rachel Ackley-Roffman
If you fantasize about what your cat is thinking when you talk to him about your day, or wonder if your GPS is secretly out to get you, you'll enjoy this fun, lighthearted story. Daisy, who is in her 30s and single (the horror!), agrees to a string of dates set up by her sisters and mother. And then her cat starts to talk to her... in a British accent.

This is a super quick read that is silly and fun. If you're looking for something deep and intellectual, move on. If you want something a bit rid
Robyn
Jun 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love Daisy and her cat Shakespeare! This is book is laugh out loud funny, and I couldn't stop reading it. Daisy just turned 39 and is single. Her sisters, mother, and aunt all set her up on blind dates, each one worse than the next. When her cat starts speaking to her in English, she really thinks she's gone over the deep end, trying to figure out if something is wrong with her. This book is thoroughly enjoyable, with great characters and a refreshingly enjoyable story. ...more
Katrina
Jul 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OMG this book is soooooo funny. I laugh out loud several times while reading this book. I loved it. Daisy just turned 39 and everyone is trying to set her up on blind date. Her cat is talking to her and she thinks she is going crazy!
InD'tale Magazine
"Single and Looking, Daisy" is laugh-out-loud funny.

Read full review in the 2018 Nov issue of InD'tale Magazine.
Cristina
this is a good summer read! It makes me laugh a lot. Daisy and Shakespeare the cat are funny and lovely characters.
Cat
Oct 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ha! Laugh out loud funny! I wasn't sure I'd like this one, but took a chance. Romantic comedy- best I've read in ages!

I received a Kindle ARC from Netgalley in exchange for a fair review.
Belinda Austin
Jul 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: belinda-s-books
I am a former web developer and I did the cover myself. As soon as I added the cat to the cover, I got the idea of having the cat speak and giving Daisy dating advice.

I have a cat named Shakespeare who is grey in color with stripes, white socks for paws and a white underbelly. I named the cat in the book after my cat and gave him an English accent because of his name. I, also, had him quote William Shakespeare occasionally. I must confess that the idea of having the cat talk in the book, also,
Victoria Haugen
Sep 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
OMG I literally laughed out loud, this is a funny and entertaining story, well worth a listen, I enjoyed it! I talk to my cat & dog all the LOL.... uhhhh did I just say that out loud? They haven't answered me though.... yet :)

What a fun listen! Daisy, I just turned 50 so cry me a river lol! And my cat, Sonny, asked me to get Shakespeare's number ;)

Wonderful story, really great narration, really enjoyed it!
I was given this free review copy audiobook at my request and have voluntarily left this
Toni
Jul 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was hilarious from start to finish!! It had me laughing and giggling out loud all throughout this book and that doesn't happen very often. First and foremost, the talking cat kind of threw me off a bit but, in the end, Shakespeare was my favorite character. The mouth on him; I wish I could say half the things he says and get away with it. Now Daisy, I went from feeling sorry for her, laughing at her failed endeavor's and relating to her lackluster love life. She was a trooper throughou ...more
Mani
This book was so funny, that I had to stop reading it in front of my family as they kept giving me funny looks and probably thought that I was going mad, because I couldn’t stop laughing and giggling.

It was a great change from the books that I have been reading recently. I just wanted to keep reading to find out how Daisy’s next date would turn out and whether she will find her ideal man.

Don’t want to give the ending away so you’ll just have to read the book to find out what happens.

I haven’t
Paula Pugh
Jul 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What a funny book Single and Looking: Daisy is! There’s a woman on the cusp of forty unmarried with no prospects, her meddling sisters and mother and a British accented talking cat (who can also read, write, use the computer and phone, not to mention a smoker and drinker, too!).
Daisy decides to take her sisters’ offers of blind dates to try to fins The One for her. The dates are a series of humorous (for the reader) disasters. Poor Daisy feels doomed to a life with only her crazy cat as her com
Angie ~aka Reading Machine~
Daisy will be turning 40 in eleven months. Her family decides that she needs to be prayed over and intervention on her dating life. Each of her sisters set Daisy up on a blind date. Blind dating isn't Daisy's thing but goes along anyway. She meets on disaster after another. To make things worse her cat Shakespeare isn't talking to her anymore. Can Daisy find her soulmate? Find out in Single and Looking: Daisy.

Some of the best parts are when the cat is talking. I thought the story was fine as a w
Sheina
Oct 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
A free copy of this book was provided to me, in exchange for an honest review.

A crazy, fun story about 'Crazy Daisy' and her (mis)adventures with a string of blind dates. Her well meaning but interfering sisters and mother have decided she needs to find a man before her 40th birthday. This book follows her hilarious and somewhat traumatic experiences on the road to finding her soulmate.

A simple plot and story line but very enjoyable read. The most complex character and my favourite is most defi
Rock
Aug 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've had a hard time finding "funny" books that I think are funny.

That being said, this is a funny book. The back and forth between Daisy and Shakespeare is great.

I listened to the audiobook and voice acting was good. I enjoyed Shakespeare quite a bit.

The story was fun to listen to and I had a hard time turning away.

Mary Thomas
Aug 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Thanks to Netgalley for my copy.

This is a fun light hearted perfect for the beach book. The exploits of nearly on the cusp of Daisy 40 and her cat Shakespeare are delightful and guaranteed to make you laugh. Great cover art also.
Carmen
Jul 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked the lists that were slotted in between the chapters, the humor was awesome in this book and is one that I really enjoyed! I got an ARC in exchange for an honest review.
Kandiemarie
Oct 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. It was hilarious! I couldn't stop laughing. Definitely recommend. I voluntarily reviewed this after receiving a free copy. ...more
May 23, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
Odd yet amusing.
Caroline
Feb 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyed

Was a fun and quirky read. Whatever could go wrong did go wrong. I don't like having a word limit.
Erica G
Abigail
rated it it was ok
Dec 27, 2018

• Girls of Brackenhill
  • Project Kaitlyn (The Sweet Water Circle #1)
  • Poison In Paradise
  • The Housewarming
  • One In Three
  • The Vanishing (Fogg Lake #1)
  • Don't Tell Me You Love Me
  • You Are Mine: A Thriller
  • Sweet Water
  • Friends Like These
  • Finlay Donovan Is Killing It
  • Love Starts Here (A Morgan's Grove Novel #1)
  • Her Biggest Fan
  • Christmas at the Easy Breezy
  • Wicked Bite (Night Rebel, #2)
  • Unfaithful
  • Stolen Heir (Brutal Birthright #2)
Belinda loves to create novels that will make you scream with laughter. She shudders as she writes thrillers with twists and turns, and love stories that will squeeze your heart. Her goal is to entertain and touch you by making you laugh, cry, get angry, i.e. go through the emotional experience that makes us all human and by doing so, humanize her characters.

Her aim with her books is to grab the

News & Interviews